(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 405.
#4051 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yup, my pin issues don’t have me troubled as far as not still being a Spooky cheerleader. I have to fix things, (not tweak) that blows, but I’m a big boy and I’ll figure it out here.

If you need help with the coin door lock, hit me up.

#4052 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If you need help with the coin door lock, hit me up.

Don’t you just get a whole new machine when that happens???

#4053 3 years ago

Lol, I loosened the door and removed the top bolt. Tried to push cab decal back down flat but it bubbles back up today.
I’ll maybe try something else tonight or tomorrow

*** in other news, which one of you clowns left to ur cheeseballs container out???

https://apple.news/AiVCk2gkVQDG1yEKiaNlDCA

#4054 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Lol, I loosened the door and removed the top bolt. Tried to push cab decal back down flat but it bubbles back up today.
I’ll maybe try something else tonight or tomorrow
*** in other news, which one of you clowns left to ur cheeseballs container out???
https://apple.news/AiVCk2gkVQDG1yEKiaNlDCA

You probably know this already but in case not… Try heating it up slightly dryer lift it up and re seat it

#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I totally agree with this. Silence = acceptance.

Literally no one on the forum is saying anyone should be silent about issues. We were all responding to a guy who came on here ranting rather than attempting to have a meaningful discussion.

#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Literally no one on the forum is saying anyone should be silent about issues. We were all responding to a guy who came on here ranting rather than attempting to have a meaningful discussion.

Here here... and thank you for helping people to get that, some whom maybe didn't seem to have time to read all posts properly.

#4057 3 years ago

#114 has shipped. Estimated delivery Monday, 7-6-20.

#4058 3 years ago

#122 on the way, will receive this Wednesday!

#4059 3 years ago

I think the car analogy is a good one. Nobody expects things that cost 7k+ to chronically require end users to complete the design and manufacturing process to have a product that functions well.

I've been thinking about this and I don't think a new car is a valid analogy. Cars are manufactured by companies with thousands of employees, on assembly lines with hundreds of robots (which by the way WILL kill us some day), and sold to tens of thousands of customers. So yes, they are near perfect. Pinball, on the other hand is basically a boutique industry that hand manufactures a few thousand (or less) very complex and very expensive toys. To equate pinball with cars, I think you'd need to go back to the 1930s, or maybe the Yugo

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I've been thinking about this and I don't think a new car is a valid analogy. Cars are manufactured by companies with thousands of employees, on assembly lines with hundreds of robots (which by the way WILL kill us some day), and sold to tens of thousands of customers. So yes, they are near perfect. Pinball, on the other hand is basically a boutique industry that hand manufactures a few thousand (or less) very complex and very expensive toys. To equate pinball with cars, I think you'd need to go back to the 1930s, or maybe the Yugo

Ok, fair enough. That still doesn’t validate an industry standard of incomplete initial build development and using paying customers as guinea pigs to figure out how to finish your product.

#4061 3 years ago

Ok, fair enough. That still doesn’t validate an industry standard of incomplete initial build development and using paying customers as guinea pigs to figure out how to finish your product.

Trouble is you're in the wrong thread for that here...

I guess some people just not grasping the bootique principle very well. First quarter of the run are prototypes, really. Raise issues by all means. Try not to be an arse in doing it.

Easy

#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Completely disagree! A product is a product is a product. Whether you pay $0.10 for something or $1M, the fact is that any company producing any product has to produce the best product they can for their consumers (and if mistakes are made, listen to feedback, improve and grow from that feedback). Yes, pinball is a "boutique" industry but it also has a bunch of folks basically saying "It's cool if you guys send us products that are faulty, we can fix the smaller problems" HENCE why these companies continue to ship out products with faulty parts in them (because they're cheaper for them). Stop the enabling. We're paying a LOT OF MONEY for these products, you need to stand up and demand that they produce them properly, not make excuses for them. I work VERY HARD for that money. PS: Once again, I stress...this is NOT about SPOOKY! They are the one company that I see in pinball that does what I just stated above. Even if mistakes pop up in their machines, they LISTEN and ADJUST and SHIP out better product. Unlike some others.

#4063 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Completely disagree! A product is a product is a product. Whether you pay $0.10 for something or $1M, the fact is that any company producing any product has to produce the best product they can for their consumers (and if mistakes are made, listen to feedback, improve and grow from that feedback). Yes, pinball is a "boutique" industry but it also has a bunch of folks basically saying "It's cool if you guys send us products that are faulty, we can fix the smaller problems" HENCE why these companies continue to ship out products with faulty parts in them (because they're cheaper for them). Stop the enabling. We're paying a LOT OF MONEY for these products, you need to stand up and demand that they produce them properly, not make excuses for them. I work VERY HARD for that money. PS: Once again, I stress...this is NOT about SPOOKY! They are the one company that I see in pinball that does what I just stated above. Even if mistakes pop up in their machines, they LISTEN and ADJUST and SHIP out better product. Unlike some others.

Have you bought a Stern lately?? Pmsl

Difference is Spooky don't seem to act like the stereotypical greedy capitalist.

If they were you'd be paying like 10k for a game of RaM quality. For the base model. JJP teritory.

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Pinball, on the other hand is basically a boutique industry that hand manufactures a few thousand (or less) very complex and very expensive toys.

given those parameters, it sounds as though pinball craftsmanship should be on par with that of the worlds finest artisans. i dont understand how you can use that statement as an excuse for a lack of proficiency in manufacturing.

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

given those parameters, it sounds as though pinball craftsmanship should be on par with that of the worlds finest artisans. i dont understand how you can use that statement as an excuse for a lack of proficiency in manufacturing.

I wasn't making a statement about lack of proficiency in pinball manufacturing, just that the way a car is manufactured is not the same as the way a pinball machine is manufactured, so it's not a good comparison imo.

#4066 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SPOOKY,Will you please have these small things fixed!!!I have had it with buying a new pin and have to do modifications just to get the pin to play correctly!! Now pay attention here SPOOKY,these are the reasons we are going with SPOOKY,now,because Stern can't put out a pin that works from the factory! AP blew it with "Houdini" and "Willy Wonka" was not that good either!! Thanks!!

Dude... I heard ya the first time lol.

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Dude... I heard ya the first time lol.

He also asked that you let me give you some money for a R&M pre-order, please.

#4068 3 years ago

Wow. If cars were cobbled together the way pinball machines are, I would never drive above 25mph out of fear for my life.

#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

He also asked that you let me give you some money for a R&M pre-order, please.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/96121

#4070 3 years ago

Some money, not stupid money.

In all seriousness, Soulstoner needs to contact the distributors and get on the wait list. Not everyone is looking to make money when they back out of a spot. I got my preorder in February and was offered a second spot in early June. Neither were going to cost an extra $3K.

#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Some money, not stupid money.
In all seriousness, soulstoner needs to contact the distributors and get on the wait list. Not everyone is looking to make money when they back out of a spot. I got my preorder in February and was offered a second spot in early June. Neither were going to cost an extra $3K.

That's a great idea, thank you for the suggestion. I think I'm a bit more limited being in Canada though.

#4072 3 years ago

Hilarious moment just now, my girlfriend was playing and Rick said ' Hit something useful, Fuck Face' . I was in tears. She wasn't amused

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

That's a great idea, thank you for the suggestion. I think I'm a bit more limited being in Canada though.

No you’re not, call Spooky and call the distros.

#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Hilarious moment just now, my girlfriend was playing and Rick said ' Hit something useful, Fuck Face' . I was in tears. She wasn't amused

At the risk of sleeping on the couch after every holiday, for the rest of my life, that is how I would make out all her cards.

#4075 3 years ago

I cannot wait for this game berate my girlfriend hahah.

Quoted from Kevlar:

#4076 3 years ago

Anybody get any build/payment/shipping updates in the past week? I'm right on the cusp and am waiting for the final payment communication. Got my build sheet 2 weeks ago.

#4077 3 years ago

Pickle Rick and Pin Stadiums!!

19187E9C-82AF-4A1C-9989-B569A2E6117F (resized).jpeg19187E9C-82AF-4A1C-9989-B569A2E6117F (resized).jpegF051251B-86D7-4482-83BC-521219D18579 (resized).jpegF051251B-86D7-4482-83BC-521219D18579 (resized).jpeg
#4078 3 years ago

Not a fan of "pinstadium" at all, myself. That thing is totally killing the look of the game with its over the top couloured washout.

Pickle Rick looks Great though!

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Where's the pickle rick from?

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Not a fan of "pinstadium" at all, myself. That lighting there is killing the look with its couloured washout.
Pickle Rick looks Great though!

Which is better?

AD8513EA-AE07-422E-AA64-FF8854387E25 (resized).jpegAD8513EA-AE07-422E-AA64-FF8854387E25 (resized).jpeg20CDDF41-E292-4DC6-8D1C-CEB84535D2DB (resized).jpeg20CDDF41-E292-4DC6-8D1C-CEB84535D2DB (resized).jpeg
#4081 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where's the pickle rick from?

Pickle rick is a funko toy... u can find on ebay... mine was $45.

#4082 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Which is better?[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the first one better, i can see the lit inserts better.

This game is all about the inserts.

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not a crappy misleading camera shot in the dark maybe. The first one looks alot better! . But, also no point in taking pictures, when they are not indicative of real life. The second one looks drowned and awful to me.

In real life they are totally unnecesary, actually for me they detract and are a pita.

At least in your first camera shot the art colour and inserts can actually be seen clearly. Try fixing the exposure on your camera for more indicative and representative images to compare. That might be an idea.

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

That striping on the right ramp is TERRIBLE. Def the first pic.

Get the omegas if you need to kill the light show on this game

#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Top picture is infinitely better.

#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

The first one. It has atmosphere.

I’d rather play a colorful universe than R&M in the Matrix.

#4087 3 years ago

Honest question guys... have you ever played a game with pin stadiums on them?

#4088 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I'll take "without pinstadiums" for 100, alex.

I agree that a few spotlights is all this needs. Pinstadiums completely ruin the look.

without-pinstadiums (resized).jpgwithout-pinstadiums (resized).jpg

#4089 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yes, I have them on my Shadow and think they look great, but for R&M which is lights show dependent... variations and movement in color and brightness, it doesn’t work (in my opinion).

#4090 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, I have them on my Shadow and think they look great, but for R&M which is lights show dependent... variations and movement in color and brightness, it doesn’t work (in my opinion).

Really? So do me a favor... take your ps off shadow and stick them on r&m, then give me your opinion.

#4091 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yep, I have. I wasted money on One Set, just to try. Never again. They are overpriced fluff that detracts from most Good games.

Customised support lighting is Waaay cheaper to impliment, and works Much better in a variety of aspects, imho.

TNA and RaM definately are two games Specifically, on which pinstadium will destroy completely a major aspect of the game, because of the way that RGB GI is utilised. No question!

Alien is another.

Maybe I can appreciate Atmosphere.

Maybe I have sensitive eyes ...

#4092 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep, I have. They are overpriced fluff that detracts from most games.
Customised support lighting is cheaper, and better.

So you spend 8k+ on a pinball machine, but think an extra $250 to have the ability to see the beautiful artwork clearly is overpriced fluff?
I get thats its not everyones cup of tea, but why poo poo it? Hell its won two twipys for best mod if i rickall.

#4093 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

So you spend 8k+ on a pinball machine, but think an extra $250 to have the ability to see the beautiful artwork clearly is overpriced fluff?
I get thats its not everyones cup of tea, but why poo poo it? Hell its won two twipys for best mod if i rickall.

*** Pay $250 to ruin the 8k game you mean?

Those things should really come in a kit that includes a Welding Shield!

Not poo pooing

You posted, people give opinion. Many people don't really like it.... obviously they are all bad people because they don't like a washed out horrible look of their great game the way you obviously do. If you don't want feedback then maybe try not posting?

It's all subjective, no need to take it all personal like.

If you really like it, that is Great, for you! ... just that not everyone likes the same, don't get feisty at people not flocking behind you, no problems!

I can see the game, no problems. Cheers

Also, I think the Pickle Rick is Great!!

#4095 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Really? So do me a favor... take your ps off shadow and stick them on r&m, then give me your opinion.

I don’t have my Rick and Morty yet.

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yep, I have. I wasted money on One Set, just to try. Never again. They are overpriced fluff that detracts from most Good games.
Customised support lighting is Waaay cheaper to impliment, and works Much better in a variety of aspects, imho.
TNA and RaM definately are two games Specifically, on which pinstadium will destroy completely a major aspect of the game, because of the way that RGB GI is utilised. No question!
Alien is another.

I am hoping we may see some factory lighting like Spooky used with AMH again.

factory_amh (resized).jpgfactory_amh (resized).jpg
#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Alien is another.

Tried them on my Alien, so desperately wanted it to work since the SEs are so dark but it completely washed everything out. Not to mention you have to cut them up in order to fit around the ramps, unless you mount them on the glass.

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Hopefully this is one of those “the picture doesn’t do it justice.”moments.

#4099 3 years ago

Oof, I agree...I find Pinstadium is an overpriced product, in reality you can make a set for about $30-$40 minus the controller, which I doubt is very expensive.

6 ft section of aluminum angle for under $10 and a couple LED strips and some what, velcro? Call it a day!
Hell, I'd sink magnets in and do that if I were to mimic it.

Now, I am a super novice, I'm only now restoring my second game, but I much prefer a few strategically placed smaller LED strips or spot lights to add lighting than something that I have to separately remove every time I lift the play field.
Cost is real too, but some people have more money than others and most have more than me!

Reality is, do whatever blows up your skirt :3

Here's my LAH with several additional LED strips. My wife calls it the "seizure machine" between the expanded GI and the over 9000 strobes...still has some dark spots in the picture, but that's camera magic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4100 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll take "without pinstadiums" for 100, alex.

Vic,your too funny!!! Right on the money as usual

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Trade
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/82?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.