(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 405.
#3601 3 years ago

I wouldn't take $5k for my spot. Not sure what amount it would take, we are so excited to get it shortly!

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Probably tacky of me to ask the group for their opinion on this but...Is it absolutely mental of me that I’ve turned down three separate offers of $5k (inclusive of deposit) for my spot?

Hard to say, but my gut feeling is that as long as R&M is popular, re-sell games will be rare. After that, if the game is good, it will be still be hard to find due to its relative rarity. But will it sell for $11k in a few years? I kind of doubt it. Except on E Bay, where the price will be over $20K.

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Hard to say, but my gut feeling is that as long as R&M is popular, re-sell games will be rare. After that, if the game is good, it will be still be hard to find due to its relative rarity. But will it sell for $11k in a few years? I kind of doubt it. Except on E Bay, where the price will be over $20K.

That's why the first thing I'm doing is slapping a Supreme sticker right across my R&M to fight the depreciation.

#3604 3 years ago

I feel like it’s not insane to assume the resale value of an RaM will easily rise to Lebowski / Alien territory... $13k-$15k possibly more as the theme has a massive following and the game looks INCREDIBLE. I’m excited to get mine but the wait is killlling me haha.

Quoted from Pinmeister:

#3605 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday, such a clever, gorgeous game! Spooky rocks, really happy with their latest two. Need to do some fine tuning, of course, like getting rid of those horrid Super Bands or whatever it is Spooky uses for flipper rubbers. Overly bouncy, slick, I truly hate them. My Cooper played so much better once I put Titans on it. Anyway, a couple new owner questions:

- Yesterday when I brought it home and played (all night!), the topper would activate on each new ball. Changed some settings, now today it only activates on new balls maybe 75% of the time, and 0% of the time on ball 1. Maybe just a fluke that would correct itself next power up, but wondering if anyone had this (my code is 06.01, I believe).

- I plan on reading the fine tuning tips later and dialing this in (has anyone compiled all the tips into one post/video?), but I'm pretty sure the major culprit for the garage shot is that ring rubber an inch or two into the start of the orbit. That looks like it can go with no harm to the balls/game.

#3606 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Probably tacky of me to ask the group for their opinion on this but...Is it absolutely mental of me that I’ve turned down three separate offers of $5k (inclusive of deposit) for my spot?

What build number are you?

#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is it absolutely mental of me that I’ve turned down three separate offers of $5k (inclusive of deposit) for my spot?

So turning down $3500 profit? I honestly don't know if I could do it, especially if offers like that are rolling in (IE if they're offering that much, what would it cost me to re buy it?). It's funny how this sold out immediately, then a few spots sold, and now that people are streaming mature code more people are going "oh shit, I need one!"

#3608 3 years ago

Yeah, the new code drop has me not wanting to sell at all. It looks like a BLAST.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

So turning down $3500 profit? I honestly don't know if I could do it, especially if offers like that are rolling in (IE if they're offering that much, what would it cost me to re buy it?). It's funny how this sold out immediately, then a few spots sold, and now that people are streaming mature code more people are going "oh shit, I need one!"

I’m #312 ...guessing it’ll be ready to ship in November.

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

What build number are you?

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, the new code drop has me not wanting to sell at all. It looks like a BLAST.

I’m #312 ...guessing it’ll be ready to ship in November.

Oh yeah I remember now because I have the next build 313

Well I have my original spot #653 as well.

Anyone interested in making me a 5k offer for that one???

I am also interested in owning a TNA so if anyone has a TNA and wants to trade it for my RM BSE #653... PM me.

#3610 3 years ago

Congrats! Let me come over and play that shit! Haha

Quoted from VALIS666:

Joined the club yesterday, such a clever, gorgeous game! Spooky rocks, really happy with their latest two. Need to do some fine tuning, of course, like getting rid of those horrid Super Bands or whatever it is Spooky uses for flipper rubbers. Overly bouncy, slick, I truly hate them. My Cooper played so much better once I put Titans on it. Anyway, a couple new owner questions:
- Yesterday when I brought it home and played (all night!), the topper would activate on each new ball. Changed some settings, now today it only activates on new balls maybe 75% of the time, and 0% of the time on ball 1. Maybe just a fluke that would correct itself next power up, but wondering if anyone had this (my code is 06.01, I believe).
- I plan on reading the fine tuning tips later and dialing this in (has anyone compiled all the tips into one post/video?), but I'm pretty sure the major culprit for the garage shot is that ring rubber an inch or two into the start of the orbit. That looks like it can go with no harm to the balls/game.

#3611 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is it absolutely mental of me that I’ve turned down three separate offers of $5k (inclusive of deposit) for my spot?

How early is your spot?

Honestly, 3500 is nothing to sneeze at...

but if it means never owning a Rick and Morty I am passing.

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sell it and be done.
Other games will appear, but not Rick and Morty...
Its ok, there is always something new and shiny, but not Rick and Morty...

Im probably gonna route mine...
I shoulda bought 2...

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I feel like it’s not insane to assume the resale value of an RaM will easily rise to Lebowski / Alien territory... $13k-$15k possibly more as the theme has a massive following and the game looks INCREDIBLE.

The reason both Alien and TBL are so high is the production run on both games came to a premature end and the demand was not met for either of them. Spooky is a well run company and the entire run of R&M will be made and 750 machines is a healthy number in this market.

I’m not saying it’s impossible for R&M to appreciate once we are deep into the run, but the entire pinball collector’s market would need to grow to the point where 750 machines was not a large number. It would also help if the R&M show itself could start coming out with new seasons every year.

#3614 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Congrats! Let me come over and play that shit! Haha

Sure thing! As soon as the covids seem all over and done with, I'd love to have New England locals over for Saturday night casual play/pingolf/whatever.

#3615 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It tints all the plastics colors yellowish-green. I don’t like that at all. For a game that has such crazy colorful light shows, the game doesn’t need its neutral art tinted. Hard pass, I’m going with clear protectors.

Just to be sure i ordered a set of clear protectors to incase I dont like the green.

#3616 3 years ago

Luke sent me some pics of his recent vacation.

0DFB32C9-3AED-4939-86BE-FF7C887B7D35 (resized).jpeg0DFB32C9-3AED-4939-86BE-FF7C887B7D35 (resized).jpeg90DC90A2-F628-4E90-A023-6E337F3223B5 (resized).jpeg90DC90A2-F628-4E90-A023-6E337F3223B5 (resized).jpeg99FB835C-E27D-4AEA-B145-3C2224D9CEB7 (resized).jpeg99FB835C-E27D-4AEA-B145-3C2224D9CEB7 (resized).jpeg722AE8E6-FBE6-4023-A072-18C6FF9A7815 (resized).jpeg722AE8E6-FBE6-4023-A072-18C6FF9A7815 (resized).jpeg
#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

That's why the first thing I'm doing is slapping a Supreme sticker right across my R&M to fight the depreciation.

speaking of which, I saw some snowflake the other day with his baggie jeans barely hanging on (that's still a thing?) standing next to his rusted out honda. it had no back bumper, but was proudly sporting a supreme sticker on the trunk

#3618 3 years ago

Any update on the target stickers or post rubbers being enhanced? I’ve read others having issues and it appears Kaneda too. Just curious if those will be enhanced like the loop shot was adjusted in factory.

Thanks and looking forward to getting mine

#3619 3 years ago

This is probably a masochistic challenge, but would it be possible to design plastic protectors that are clear, with a bonded / colored edge akin to a separate border piece that would glue on? I'm not sure how durable that would be (notwithstanding using design tricks to strengthen the joints). But it could preserve the stock color balance in the OEM plastic art, while still giving that awesome edge-glow effect.

It would likely be easier to apply dye or paint to the edges of clear protectors toward the same effect. There are some good UV paints out there (but again, durability vs ball strikes could be a concern).

I mean, those green protector edges look *awesome*... but I also agree on the whole that otherwise shifting the hue of the plastic artwork is akin to color-puking with LEDs.

#3620 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any update on the target stickers or post rubbers being enhanced? I’ve read others having issues and it appears Kaneda too. Just curious if those will be enhanced like the loop shot was adjusted in factory.

If you want more durable post sleeve material, then I think that is something to bring up to PBL? Pretty sure this is the silicone product they offer and that is what Spooky uses on all games.

I personally swapped out to Cliffy sleeves which hold up forever, are easy to wipe clean, but unfortunately are a bit thicker than stock.

I would like to see PBL offer a sleeve thickness of stock on R&M but a material more akin to what cliffy uses (durable, slick, and easy to clean)

#3621 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you want more durable post sleeve material, then I think that is something to bring up to PBL?

Why would he do that? Current owners are sharing their experience. Spooky should be bringing it up to PBL. The target decals are not holding up either. Is delt supposed to follow up with the company that made the stickers?

#3622 3 years ago

Curious if the stickers had a hole punch for the center stud would they be as prone to wear?

Quoted from delt31:

#3623 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Curious if the stickers had a hole punch for the center stud would they be as prone to wear?

Think it is a combination of that and not being laminated/mylared.

#3624 3 years ago

Why not make plastic stickers instead of Paper which won’t last very long?

#3625 3 years ago

For all the overpriced crap you can buy at Pinball Decals, I would gladly pop the premium price for the style of target decals they make/sell. The paper decals here are lame, but the Pinball Decals style are pretty much bulletproof.

#3626 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Why would he do that? Current owners are sharing their experience. Spooky should be bringing it up to PBL. The target decals are not holding up either. Is delt supposed to follow up with the company that made the stickers?

My personl opinion is because Spooky uses PBL to source the majority of parts to build games it appears.
The sleeves they use appear to be PBL silicone, so I would go to the source to fix this/provide feedback rather than just complain to spooky about something that they are likely married to using PBL products.

Spooky has obviously heard the message loud and clear that post sleeve material needs improvement, but I dont see them breaking their contracts over a post sleeve.

I am a root cause/source sort of thinker.

Has a bigger impact to let spooky AND PBL know. We have obviously all let Spooky know... so probably valuable to them if we pass that feedback to Terry also. There is a legit market for a cliffy type material in a thinned OD.

#3627 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Spooky will be laminating target decals going forward for Rick and Morty.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am a root cause/source sort of thinker.
Has a bigger impact to let spooky AND PBL know. We have obviously all let Spooky know... so probably valuable to them if we pass that feedback to Terry also. There is a legit market for a cliffy type material in a thinned OD.

So if your TV screen decides to hit the crapper, are you going to contact the manufacturer AND the specific screen manufacturer they sourced the glass from?

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

This is probably a masochistic challenge, but would it be possible to design plastic protectors that are clear, with a bonded / colored edge akin to a separate border piece that would glue on? I'm not sure how durable that would be (notwithstanding using design tricks to strengthen the joints). But it could preserve the stock color balance in the OEM plastic art, while still giving that awesome edge-glow effect.
It would likely be easier to apply dye or paint to the edges of clear protectors toward the same effect. There are some good UV paints out there (but again, durability vs ball strikes could be a concern).
I mean, those green protector edges look *awesome*... but I also agree on the whole that otherwise shifting the hue of the plastic artwork is akin to color-puking with LEDs.

Pinball Bulbs has been doing these for years...

https://truecolorprotectors.com/

truecolorbeforeanafter.jpgtruecolorbeforeanafter.jpg

They don't have R&M currently, but I'm sure they can be talked into it.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#3630 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

So if your TV screen decides to hit the crapper, are you going to contact the manufacturer AND the specific screen manufacturer they sourced the glass from?

false equivalence

Just a realist here. I agree that post sleeves are acceptable but could be improved; the silicone is too soft and after around 500 plays needs spun or replaced IME.
Spooky has heard it directly from beta people, from current people, and on social media like pinside.
They seem tied to PBL for these (understandable), so seems logical in our small world to also let Terry know.

#3631 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Pinball Bulbs has been doing these for years...
https://truecolorprotectors.com/
[quoted image]
They don't have R&M currently, but I'm sure they can be talked into it.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

So many boutique parts providers in pinball; all this time on pinside and shows and cades, I'd never seen or heard of these guys. Thanks for pointing them out! I'll have to look at their catalog. Either way looks like that's the winning solution... provided they can be persuaded with a deluge of cheez balls

#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is a legit market for a cliffy type material in a thinned OD.

Also there is a product already available! .

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-116-super-bands-translucent-post-sleeves.html

SuperBandsPost (resized).jpgSuperBandsPost (resized).jpg

Effectively the same material as cliffys, polyurethane. 11mm dia.

PBL actually supply SuperBands, but not the full range it seems?.

I treat cliffys and superbands the same, and take it as a wider variety, broader range of sizes to choose from by browsing through both catalogues.

#3633 3 years ago

Are we really complaining about adding a little bit of mylar to the decals and having to change out the post sleeves? That's like $5 in parts. If it was something major like cabinet splitting, or bubbling clear, yeah, I get it. Maybe coil stops literally falling apart. But guys, it's 5 mins worth of work to do this stuff.

#3634 3 years ago

I think these are the same, but all dimensions are listed here:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-6556-21

"Green gloss polyurethane Super-Bands™ bumper post sleeve is 1/4 Inner Diameter x 7/16 Outer Diameter x 1-1/16 inches tall (6.35mm ID x 11.113mm x 26.9875mm height)."

SuperBand 11mm OD post green (resized).jpgSuperBand 11mm OD post green (resized).jpg

SuperBand 11mm OD post (resized).jpgSuperBand 11mm OD post (resized).jpg

They also make the Bell Bumper cone shaped rubbers you find on games like sys11 etc. in polyurethane.

These are the kind of post sleves I would like to see, rather than silicone. On the posts at least. It seems like they are available from PBL?

For me it isn't too hard to do the upgrade. Just poking at one of the rare opportunities to make Spooky games even better!.

#3635 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Are we really complaining about adding a little bit of mylar to the decals and having to change out the post sleeves? That's like $5 in parts. If it was something major like cabinet splitting, or bubbling clear, yeah, I get it. Maybe coil stops literally falling apart. But guys, it's 5 mins worth of work to do this stuff.

it shows that pinside likes to complain... and there is so little to complain about that this has been the current focus

lol!

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Luke sent me some pics of his recent vacation.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This may be one of the best things I have seen in my adult life!

#3637 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it shows that pinside likes to complain... and there is so little to complain about that this has been the current focus
lol!

I guess I just have other things to worry about. I'm getting a JP in a few months and Stern's coil stops are still literally falling apart. I could scream at the top of my lungs that their coil stops should be replaced with good quality stops, but in the big picture, it's just not a big deal. I get a fun game, and if it takes another $15 to make it play well, then so be it.

R&M is an insanely fun game, and if I need to replace the sleeves since they're not the best, then it is what it is. Once you get this game into your house, you forget about the small stuff.

We don't need another coin door situation. That was petty as allgetout.

#3638 3 years ago

My pin had no cheese balls. Where do I send a strongly worded letter.

#3639 3 years ago

Maybe this could make the option list?

Polyurethane Rubbers - $35

They are a little more pricey than silicone generally. Also some may prefer the play of the standard issue silicone over the durable but hard polyurethane. It is certainly an option I would opt in for.

#3640 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My pin had no cheese balls. Where do I send a strongly worded letter.

The cheese balls are a kingpin thing! He actually ordered them for all of his customers! If you are a kingpin customer and you did not receive them that means we uh... forgot

#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The cheese balls are a kingpin thing! He actually ordered them for all of his customers!

Now you tell me! Might've been worth risking missing out, rather than ordering from the Spooky website!

#3642 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The cheese balls are a kingpin thing! He actually ordered them for all of his customers! If you are a kingpin customer and you did not receive them that means we uh... forgot

In this case I did not get cheese balls in my MMR. Clearly this is the proper thread for cheese ball related incidents.

(PS I got my RM directly through spooky - and for those who can't tell this is just all in good fun :p )

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Now you tell me! Might've been worth risking missing out, rather than ordering from the Spooky website!

RIGHT?!

#3643 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Forgot....right....

#3644 3 years ago

Anyone put pinstadiums on yet?
Where are you connecting the flasher?
Thx!

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Mylar applied and post rubbers replaced. Can't honestly think of anything to complain about on this pin. Its awesome!

20200617_111139 (resized).jpg20200617_111139 (resized).jpg
#3646 3 years ago

What are these yellow flipper rubbers exactly? they're really bouncy. I have superbands on other machines and they aren't like this so I don't think they're superbands. I want to replace them but make sure i don't accidentally buy the same ones.

#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mylar applied and post rubbers replaced. Can't honestly think of anything to complain about on this pin. Its awesome!
[quoted image]

I'm guessing you just bought some mylar and cut it into the proper sizes? The post rubber looks nice!

#3648 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

[quoted image]

Lookin' good! My man!

#3649 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

What are these yellow flipper rubbers exactly? they're really bouncy. I have superbands on other machines and they aren't like this so I don't think they're superbands. I want to replace them but make sure i don't accidentally buy the same ones.

They are the PerfectPlay flipper bands that PinballLife sells.
https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-silicone-flipper-rubber-standard-size.html

#3650 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm guessing you just bought some mylar and cut it into the proper sizes? The post rubber looks nice!

thanks! Yeah I had some mylar I bought by the foot that cut to size. I think it was from PBR but I think Marco also sells it that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/73?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.