(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,228 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 405.
#3551 3 years ago

Got a little surprise for when I get home from vacation

Screenshot_20200615-133823_Blue Iris (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200615-133823_Blue Iris (resized).jpg
#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I would be a little shocked if any pinball company has any interest in it, much less paid for rights already, since it has not proved to be a cultural phenom like R&M by any stretch. I liked it, but I can think of many other shows that would make better pin themes. People don't identify with space aliens.

I’m not saying it’s a good idea - I’m saying I could see other pin companies snagging it as a reaction to R&M. “Oh shit, we dropped the ball on that license...let’s grab the other R&Mish thing!”

#3553 3 years ago

how long till #420?
and dammit!!! where are my cheeseballs??? none came in game #2

I bet Luke ate them.

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how long till #420?
and dammit!!! where are my cheeseballs??? none came in game #2
I bet Luke ate them.

Mmm. Cheese balls!

20200612_095815 (resized).jpg20200612_095815 (resized).jpg

#3555 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mmm. Cheese balls!
[quoted image]

this will be the new thing when people sell the game

"comes with unopened cheeseballs"

lol

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol

It's a good thing I'm never selling mine My kids attacked those cheeseballs within minutes!

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's a good thing I'm never selling mine My kids attacked those cheeseballs within minutes!

I agree!

I fell like #420 should come with a doobee along with the cheeseballs

#3558 3 years ago

I never got cheeseballs! #Cheeseballgate

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol

As long as the expiration date checks out! No reproduction cheez balls allowed, ha.

#3560 3 years ago

If mine comes without a block of Smoked Gouda, shaped like Wisconsin, I am going to be very upset.

#3561 3 years ago

#130 checking in. Received add on list!

#3562 3 years ago

#128 just got my email as well!

#3563 3 years ago

No.20 received today! . It's been stuck on the wrong side of the Atlantic for a few months. Anyone thought about adding additional lighting to the topper? it doesn't really work that well in a dark room.

IMG_20200615_162926 (resized).jpgIMG_20200615_162926 (resized).jpg
#3564 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

No.20 received today! . It's been stuck on the wrong side of the Atlantic for a few months. Anyone thought about adding additional lighting to the topper? it doesn't really work that well in a dark room.[quoted image]

Beyond the flashing strobe lights that are already there?

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Beyond the flashing strobe lights that are already there?

I think he means some static LED up-lighting to show the art when the topper isn't on.

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I never got cheeseballs! #Cheeseballgate

I don’t want them. You can have mine lol

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I think he means some static LED up-lighting to show the art when the topper isn't on.

I do!

#3568 3 years ago

Hey guys Im like #400 something, does anyone have an estimate of how long Spooky would take until I get my pin , are we talking like 4-6 months? or just no clue
Thanks
Mo

#3569 3 years ago

well the first 100 took 3 months or so (given a pandemic) guesstimate 3x4=12 months something! If it comes sooner....BONUS!!!

#3570 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

well the first 100 took 3 months so guesstimate 3x4=12 months something! If it comes sooner....BONUS!!!

Actually 9 months something from now using that formula
Another formula would be 10/week which was Spooky's original estimate.

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Actually 9 months something from now using that formula

annnnnnd BONUS! better to think longer and be surprised then think less time and be disappointed.

#3572 3 years ago

Ok cool I got some time, I have one spot left in my area, so in mean time I ordered a Wonka. 1 year empty space can't do it.

#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You weren't kidding.. It plays fantastic! I haven't had to tweak anything. Thanks again for everything Luke!

I have to say the same. Haven’t had to touch a thing, it shoots great and all shots are smooth.

#3574 3 years ago

Im patiently waiting for #317

Im thinking of baking a pie for the event when it comes.

Suggestions?

#3575 3 years ago

I've thought about throwing a strip of LEDs to illuminate the topper. It would be easy to run it off of the backglass strip. Just never got around to it.

I also replaced the green flashers with natural white. I think the green washed out the colors of the topper too much. The white shows the nuances of the portal much better.

#3576 3 years ago

Honestly, I can't decide between a purple or black door. I'm seeing a lot of unboxings with black doors and then a couple of purples pop up - is there anything I'm missing on deciding on a door color or is everyone having this much trouble?

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Honestly, I can't decide between a purple or black door. I'm seeing a lot of unboxings with black doors and then a couple of purples pop up - is there anything I'm missing on deciding on a door color or is everyone having this much trouble?

Black and bug/Luke green. I’ll post pics in a couple days. Not necessary, but so worth it.

Oops, wrong thread

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

I've seen both in person and think you'd be happy either way but I went black with DBV. Not only is it cheaper, but it matches all my Stern coin doors. If you get the Pinnovators kit it will be easier to do with black vs. having to get the volume plate powdercoated purple.

20200615_221350 (resized).jpg20200615_221350 (resized).jpg
#3579 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

If you can't decide, go Kalaxian. Later if it isn't to your liking, black door much easier to get than a Kalaxian door, I guess. I'm going Kalaxian for that reason, maybe later on a black door with Kalaxian Purple frame would look good?

I'm not getting the DBV option though, I'd much rather have the "Peace Among Worlds"decal, and I have no use for the DBV slot anyway.

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've seen both in person and think you'd be happy either way but I went black with DBV. Not only is it cheaper, but it matches all my Stern coin doors. If you get the Pinnovators kit it will be easier to do with black vs. having to get the volume plate powdercoated purple.
[quoted image]

You actually can send your DBV cover to Pinovators and they will install their kit on your powdercosted cover for you. So either way works.

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Go purple, aesthetically it will work better. Trust me. I can give a breakdown of why, if necessary, but it’s the clear winner.

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Go purple, aesthetically it will work better. Trust me. I can give a breakdown of why, if necessary, but it’s the clear winner.

Have to agree. To me the black door looks a little out of place. Of course, it is still a subjective thing.

I think part of it is the lack of contrast between the black door, and the black cabinet front. But the bottom of the black door contrasts against the lower coloured part of the cab. The purple frame seems to make things look better to me, outlining the whole door rather than just the bottom half of it, and meshing better with the other purple armor as well.

#3583 3 years ago

No offense to any who went with the black door, but it doesn't look right to me.

#3584 3 years ago

It's all personal preference. I went with a black coin door because all of my other games have black or stainless coin doors and I didn't want to spend the money. Plus I think colored coin doors look tacky.

#3585 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's all personal preference. I went with a black coin door because all of my other games have black or stainless coin doors and I didn't want to spend the money. Plus I think colored coin doors look tacky.

I like the Kalaxian color but the black plastic coin insert/returns contrast with it and bring too much attention to the coin door IMO. The black is just more subtle and blends in with the rest of my line-up. But it's great to have options for those that prefer the Kalaxian color. I also like the look of the DBV door over the one with the sticker (even if you don't add anything in the DBV slot), but that's just aesthetics.

KalaxianDBV (resized).pngKalaxianDBV (resized).pngkalaxianCoindoor (resized).jpegkalaxianCoindoor (resized).jpeg
#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'd rather my door match the pin it's attached to, instead of the ones next to it.

The thing about black is there are may version of black, this won't match the sky exactly... nor should it. A bad thing in design is to try to match match a color, but not get there 100%. Since it won't match. Don't try.

Contrast and unity are critical parts of design. Purple does this, black adds another element which disrupts the look. If you are pimping the pin out with purple, go all the way, don't half ass it.

But yes, it's personal preference

#3587 3 years ago

I got 99 problems but a coin door ain't 1
That being said I went with purple.

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I like the Kalaxian color but the black plastic coin insert/returns contrast with it and bring too much attention to the coin door IMO. The black is just more subtle and blends in with the rest of my line-up. But it's great to have options for those that prefer the Kalaxian color. I also like the look of the DBV door over the one with the sticker (even if you don't add anything in the DBV slot), but that's just aesthetics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

73e767a894cf0c84b0e6bf3552021cec91b6eebc (resized).jpg73e767a894cf0c84b0e6bf3552021cec91b6eebc (resized).jpg

Another possible combination.

#3589 3 years ago

So...how's about a B-0085 dimension?
ee49d56~2 (resized).jpgee49d56~2 (resized).jpg

#3590 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I got 99 problems but a coin door ain't 1
That being said I went with purple.

The purple door is the top door.
B40F3680-6D4D-4A99-908B-3D87363EAF79 (resized).pngB40F3680-6D4D-4A99-908B-3D87363EAF79 (resized).png

#3591 3 years ago

Frida Kahlo got nothing on that chick.

#3592 3 years ago

I went with the black one duo to budget reasons.'
Might wrap it one day.

Havent seen the fluorescent plastic protectors here yet.
My distro send me these last week. they look amazing

IMG-20200608-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20200608-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20200608-WA0008 (resized).jpgIMG-20200608-WA0008 (resized).jpg
#3593 3 years ago

Yes they do!

#3594 3 years ago

who sells those protectors...very nice...

#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I went with the black one duo to budget reasons.'
Might wrap it one day.
Havent seen the fluorescent plastic protectors here yet.
My distro send me these last week. they look amazing
[quoted image][quoted image]

It tints all the plastics colors yellowish-green. I don’t like that at all. For a game that has such crazy colorful light shows, the game doesn’t need its neutral art tinted. Hard pass, I’m going with clear protectors.

#3596 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

who sells those protectors...very nice...

PBL has some things rolling off the line soon.
--Scott

#3597 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

For me, it's due to the speaker panel being purple. Normally I'm not into colored coin doors, but since the speaker panel is purple, the coin door being purple seems to tie things together really well.

#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

PBL has some things rolling off the line soon.
--Scott

Ours pin #114 is rolling through the line soon. We ordered plastic protectors.

I wonder what it would take to get some of these fluorescent bad boys on there instead?...

#3599 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It tints all the plastics colors yellowish-green. I don’t like that at all. For a game that has such crazy colorful light shows, the game doesn’t need its neutral art tinted. Hard pass, I’m going with clear protectors.

That's how I feel about protectors, clear for me in almost all cases. I bought a yellow set for IMDN but sent them back and got clear. It is nice seeing the glowing edges though, just depends what art is on the plastics.

#3600 3 years ago

Probably tacky of me to ask the group for their opinion on this but...Is it absolutely mental of me that I’ve turned down three separate offers of $5k (inclusive of deposit) for my spot?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
9,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/72?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.