(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 404.
#3501 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I was wondering the same thing. These definitely seem to just be like paper stickers. Almost all of mine are worn thru in the center now. There is definitely a market for someone to make higher quality ones.

Dang, I might pass on those then...or request them separately so I can mylar them. Even aftermarket mod decals I've seen have mylar/lamination on them.

#3502 3 years ago

Chris from Kingpin is the best, he helped me figure it out. There were 2 cables unplugged from the mainboard in the head. But I didn't see them at first as they had retracted down into the plastic shielding that protects the cables, so I didn't even know they were there! Thanks Chris and also epthegeek for helping too.

Now for the eye candy. That butter cabinet is SO MUCH EYE CANDY.

IMG-5188 (resized).jpgIMG-5188 (resized).jpgIMG-5189 (resized).jpgIMG-5189 (resized).jpgIMG-5190 (resized).jpgIMG-5190 (resized).jpgIMG-5191 (resized).jpgIMG-5191 (resized).jpgIMG-5192 (resized).jpgIMG-5192 (resized).jpgIMG-5193 (resized).jpgIMG-5193 (resized).jpgIMG-5194 (resized).jpgIMG-5194 (resized).jpgIMG-5195 (resized).jpgIMG-5195 (resized).jpg
#3503 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang, I might pass on those then...or request them separately so I can mylar them. Even aftermarket mod decals I've seen have mylar/lamination on them.

This game also seems to obliterate the post rubbers. It doesn’t help that they use clear “slimmer” style rubbers but mine were not just noticeably dirty after even maybe 50 games but also chewed up to hell. It’s strange because ACNC uses the same post rubbers and I do not have that issue. I’m not sure if the game may be really roughing the balls up because of all the exposed ball guides that the ball constantly whacks.

#3504 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Chris from Kingpin is the best, he helped me figure it out. There were 2 cables unplugged from the mainboard in the head. But I didn't see them at first as they had retracted down into the plastic shielding that protects the cables, so I didn't even know they were there! Thanks Chris and also epthegeek for helping too.
Now for the eye candy. That butter cabinet is SO MUCH EYE CANDY.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting. I'm still deciding black or purple door. Leaning towards black. Same question on the speaker lights. They look great but I hate the reflection

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for posting. I'm still deciding black or purple door. Leaning towards black. Same question on the speaker lights. They look great but I hate the reflection

Purple. Trust me (I can run through the reasons why, if really necessary, but it is the right decision visually). And get the lights. You can unplug if necessary.

#3506 3 years ago

Could spooky Mylar in the factory for a charge ?

#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Could spooky Mylar in the factory for a charge ?

Same argument for protectors.

#3508 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have the speaker lights and don’t notice a glare.

#3509 3 years ago

I haven’t really heard this discussed yet.

Has anyone else changed their attract mode for Interdimensional cable?

I was going through my settings and turned mine on. So far I’ve seen the episode of how a plumbus is made.
Not sure how many different there are yet.

Friggin cool ass feature.

#3510 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I haven’t really heard this discussed yet.
Has anyone else changed their attract mode for Interdimensional cable?
I was going through my settings and turned mine on. So far I’ve seen the episode of how a plumbus is made.
Not sure how many different there are yet.
Friggin cool ass feature.

Also just saw the one for Two Brothers.

#3511 3 years ago

Looks like there are five things from Interdimensional cable in the attract mode:

Blips and Chits - commercial
Two Brothers - trailer
How they do it - Plumbus
Ants in my eyes Johnson - commercial
Turbulent Juice - commercial

Hoping they ad How Did I Get Here and the Eyehole Man

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That's a good thing!... not many things in pinball more irritating than that horrible fake screeching noise that some mobs substitute for reality. Better off with nothing at all if one doesn't want a physical knocker, than some god awful sfx.

What’s not to like about a loud screeching noise announcing a replay?!

#3513 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Looks like there are five things from Interdimensional cable in the attract mode:
Two Brothers - trailer
How they do it - Plumbus

What’s about the fake doors ??

#3514 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

What’s about the fake doors ??

"Let's see where this goes..." The Real Fake Doors one is probably my favorite. This is an awesome feature! I hope it expands over time. I'm sure we're going to see another Interdimensional Cable in Season 5.

#3515 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Two Brothers - trailer
How they do it - Plumbus

If I’m not mistaken I sworn I seen stealy character stealing office items on jack dangers stream, but i haven’t seen it on my Rick in morty pin. I agree with the list you posted was hoping to see the stealy trailer......
I found it at Time 3.30.40

#3516 3 years ago

I havent gotten to play nearly as much as I'd hope. Less than 50 games total I'd say however I had sometime to bring over a friend and show him the machine today and ended up finishing our session with a PB.

Highlight of the game was ripping the spinner shot three times in a row and then straight to garage portal for a 4X super skill shot bonus of 1.4 million.

This is such a great game. Thank you again Spooky

20200613_163940 (resized).jpg20200613_163940 (resized).jpg
#3517 3 years ago

Strange but this is the first game I don't feel compelled to add any mods to. Maybe that will change with time...

#3518 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Strange but this is the first game I don't feel compelled to add any mods to. Maybe that will change with time...

I've the same thoughts.
Don't know why.
Maybe i wanna keep the lightshow intact without disturbing elements.
But i'm definitive in with some Meeseeks, and a nice portal on the 'portal-plastic'.
Lot of space there too. - Thinking of a tiny net for the basket at the garage
Like to complete the megaseed tree too.

#3519 3 years ago

All I added was a pickle rick. I also have the squanch ball cutout and the coin cutouts but not installed yet.

#3520 3 years ago

I agree on scoop add a washer to the bottom of the 3 screws and lower scoop . helps alot !
Also change posts cause the originals wear out and remove screws from loop and garage shot . Still clunky but better and all in all fun .
I used scotch tape to hold washers in place until I could screw in .

2E645EA7-BAB8-4775-81C0-11C7A4A68047 (resized).jpeg2E645EA7-BAB8-4775-81C0-11C7A4A68047 (resized).jpeg
#3521 3 years ago

Hey everyone. #533 checking in. Can someone post the dimensions in-box and out? I wanna know how much of my apartment needs to be dynamited to get this thing in the house next summer.....

#3522 3 years ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Hey everyone. #533 checking in. Can someone post the dimensions in-box and out? I wanna know how much of my apartment needs to be dynamited to get this thing in the house next summer.....

Out of box:
52”L X 29”W X 76”H (without topper), 88.5”H (with topper)

I have a power sander on order to shave an inch or so off my door frame to get that sucker in () and am waiting to hear if the topper can be modified to sit a bit lower. Dynamite is plan B. Let me know if you have an extra stick.

#3523 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Out of box:
I have a power sander on order to shave an inch or so off my door frame to get that sucker in () and am waiting to hear if the topper can be modified to sit a bit lower. Dynamite is plan B. Let me know if you have an extra stick.

Wouldn’t you take it in folded up on a trolley?

As it comes in the box?

Then it’ll be under 5’ high ...

rd

#3524 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane did tons of custom callouts for 5 different characters, plus Stern was able to use all voices clips for almost all characters from the show. They even used Norm MacDonald's Death voice even though they weren't supposed to lol

Good point, FGY had pretty incredible assets as well. Tron did as well come to think of it.

Has anyone here watched Solar Opposites? I see its on Hulu, which my family does not have. Is it in the same universe as R&M?

My R&M pingulp arrived from trilogybeer last week. Getting close to getting the game.

#3525 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wouldn’t you take it in folded up on a trolley?
As it comes in the box?
Then it’ll be under 5’ high ...
rd

True, but I’ve got a height and a width issue. My ceiling is an inch too low to accommodate the raised topper and the doorway is exactly 29”’ wide. I think if I can sand to get another inch or so of width clearance it should go in just fine.

#3526 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

True, but I’ve got a height and a width issue. My ceiling is an inch too low to accommodate the raised topper and the doorway is exactly 29”’ wide. I think if I can sand to get another inch or so of width clearance it should go in just fine.

I have a 30” door (29” open) in my game room and simply removing the door and popping off the perimeter door stops (the trim pieces the door closes against) can fit most any new game through. Door stops can be removed with a small pry bar or chisel normally held in place with small staples or Brad nails. Simple to put back on and no permanent sanding.

#3527 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I have a 30” door (29” open) in my game room and simply removing the door and popping off the perimeter door stops (the trim pieces the door closes against) can fit most any new game through. Door stops can be removed with a small pry bar or chisel normally held in place with small staples or Brad nails. Simple to put back on and no permanent sanding.

Thanks for the tip. The house was built in the 1930s and has some quirky construction, but definitely worth a shot.

#3528 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:Good point, FGY had pretty incredible assets as well. Tron did as well come to think of it.
Has anyone here watched Solar Opposites? I see its on Hulu, which my family does not have. Is it in the same universe as R&M?
My R&M pingulp arrived from trilogybeer last week. Getting close to getting the game.

Ive watched the first few episodes, it wasnt to bad, not as easy to watch as Rick and Morty for me. I'm not sure if they are in the same universe, i mean they could be, but they never cross or bring it up that ive seen yet!

#3529 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I think if I can sand to get another inch or so of width clearance it should go in just fine.

Sand an INCH off the door frame?

You know that you could take out 4 bolts from the head and rotate it slightly to get the game through the door, right? No sanding required.

#3530 3 years ago

Saw your game in half to easily bring it inside.

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

You know that you could take out 4 bolts from the head and rotate it slightly to get the game through the door, right? No sanding required.

Nah...only a half inch on each side. Thanks for that info, though I was kinda looking forward to breaking out the power tools (not).

I suppose I could just remove the head. I’ve done that on a Stern Spike, which is pretty easy. Anyone know how gnarly those connections are on Rick and Morty? The doorway is at the top of my basement stairwell so would be good to avoid extra maneuvering on the way down.

#3532 3 years ago

Still hoping Spooky will fix all this weird stuff that is still popping up!!So,the rubber that is in use goes by-by in as few plays as 50???Spooky,use better rubber,PLEASE!!!

#3533 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That was my thought also, sanding an inch off a door frame would be like a person in prison using a file to cut the bars lol! I'd recommend using a hand-held power planer (although they can mess up wood easily). Better solution would be to remove the head of the pin I'm thinking.

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Out of box:
I have a power sander on order to shave an inch or so off my door frame to get that sucker in

Why not just take the head off?

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Funny show. Similar to R&M in both humor an animation style. I could see a crossover in the future.

#3535 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Still hoping Spooky will fix all this weird stuff that is still popping up!!So,the rubber that is in use goes by-by in as few plays as 50???Spooky,use better rubber,PLEASE!!!

I agree here. They look like the Pinball Life "perfect play" post sleeves. Regardless the brand, time to change to another brand for the factory post rubbers.

#3536 3 years ago

What's the recommended way to hook up an external sub (Polk PSW10) to this game? Y-Splitter off the aux input? Direct off the cab speaker terminals? Pinnovators? thanks!

#3537 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What's the recommended way to hook up an external sub (Polk PSW10) to this game? Y-Splitter off the aux input? Direct off the cab speaker terminals? Pinnovators? thanks!

Curious, Why? This has to be the loudest and deepest base game in my collection. Turned up it will move other games out of the lineup.

#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious, Why? This has to be the loudest and deepest base game in my collection. Turned up it will move other games out of the lineup.

I agree that it doesn't really need it but my preference would be to have less bass in the cabinet speaker and more in the external sub because of how much the cab speaker rattles the cabinet and glass. It feels like a shaker when it's turned up.

#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I agree that it doesn't really need it but my preference would be to have less bass in the cabinet speaker and more in the external sub because of how much the cab speaker rattles the cabinet and glass. It feels like a shaker when it's turned up.

If that's your goal, just swap out the wiring on the amp and don't use the cabinet sub?

#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The sub does rattle everything quite a bit. I've tuned it so that on Volume 3, it only rattles a little. Any louder than that and it rattles the whole game.

I've thought about building a simple drop-in box for the sub to contain all of that rattle. 1/2" MDF would do the trick.

#3541 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If that's your goal, just swap out the wiring on the amp and don't use the cabinet sub?

I did think about doing this but I do like some of the force feedback that it gives you.

Quoted from FatPanda:

The sub does rattle everything quite a bit. I've tuned it so that on Volume 3, it only rattles a little. Any louder than that and it rattles the whole game.
I've thought about building a simple drop-in box for the sub to contain all of that rattle. 1/2" MDF would do the trick.

I played around with the amp dials and have it adjusted about the same. Up to volume 3 it sounds really good with minimal rattle and fairly punchy bass. I was more thinking of using the external sub since I have one that's not being utilized, just to to be able to push the volume a bit higher while turning down the bass (on the amp) a tad more and supplementing that bass with the external sub. It does sound awesome as is though! A drop in box would likely solve this as well.

#3542 3 years ago

Trick for pf glass rattling.

take a small ziptie, cut off and just use the zip part. Push that thin plastic piece between the plastic glass guide and the cab wood along the side of the cab in a few spots. it will hold tight with friction and give that plastic just a few bumps of snugness to hold the glass. Pretty much eliminates any glass rattle from bass.

#3543 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Trick for pf glass rattling.
take a small ziptie, cut off and just use the zip part. Push that thin plastic piece between the plastic glass guide and the cab wood along the side of the cab in a few spots. it will hold tight with friction and give that plastic just a few bumps of snugness to hold the glass. Pretty much eliminates any glass rattle from bass.

Nice trick! I'll have to try this.

#3544 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Nice trick! I'll have to try this.

use the tinyest of zip ties.

Really just need the smallest bit. Do it in like 5 spots along each side.

Goo trick for any game.

#3545 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not the same universe. Similar adult humor, but it’s more of a traditional sitcom than R&M...yes there are aliens and robots and chaos, but it’s more about the burbs & school & goofing on modern sitcom/cultural tropes.

Wouldn’t shock me if Stern or someone has already scooped up the rights to Solar Opposites in the wake of dropping the ball on R&M.

#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good point, FGY had pretty incredible assets as well. Tron did as well come to think of it.

Most Sterns of the SAM era had great assets. Spidey has everything from the 3 movies + JK Simmons doing custom. Avatar had everything from the movie + Stephen Lang doing custom. Tron had movie assets + Daft Punk...no actors for custom but David Theil & his wife did a great job. Iron Man almost blew it with the generic military guy voice - but saves the day with first 2 movie assets/voices and a fantastic JARVIS soundalike....plus some incredible score from the movie.

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn’t shock me if Stern or someone has already scooped up the rights to Solar Opposites in the wake of dropping the ball on R&M.

I would be a little shocked if any pinball company has any interest in it, much less paid for rights already, since it has not proved to be a cultural phenom like R&M by any stretch. I liked it, but I can think of many other shows that would make better pin themes. People don't identify with space aliens.

#3548 3 years ago

I'm no Karl D'Angelo, but after a few days I'm starting to get the hang of this. What a rush when you get this game going!

20200615_130548 (resized).jpg20200615_130548 (resized).jpg
#3549 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm no Karl D'Angelo, but after a few days I'm starting to get the hang of this. What a rush when you get this game going!
[quoted image]

I told ya we were shipping some really nice playing games

#3550 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I told ya we were shipping some really nice playing games

You weren't kidding.. It plays fantastic! I haven't had to tweak anything. Thanks again for everything Luke!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/71?hl=jbigdoggf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.