(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 404.
#3451 3 years ago

Just got my shipment notification, mid-eighties, arriving Monday, unfortunately I head out of town for two weeks on Sunday

#3452 3 years ago

Just got my notification as well, Morgan is the BEST. I seriously cannot say enough good things about her and the spooky crew. <3

#81 !

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No, the intent is to stay in the in-lane. There is a portal eject ball save you can turn on until/if you figure out if you can adjust it to not do that to you.
Could try lowering the eject pulse 1 ms at a time and see if it helps? Maybe the game angle is too low?

Thanks! Where's the setting to adjust portal eject strength? I only see settings for the main scoop...

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Just got my shipment notification, mid-eighties, arriving Monday, unfortunately I head out of town for two weeks on Sunday

Need a house sitter? My rates are pretty reasonable.

#3455 3 years ago

Alright, so, what's the best guess for a rough estimate of the offset one might employ when taking their best guess at a completion date, now that we're post-Covid-19 shutdown?

Simple stuff, that's all I'm looking for. Case in point - prior to C-19 we figured 10 per week starting in January. Made the math easy, like if you were game "300" then think approx the 30th week in 2020 was about when you game would be on the line.

Where are we at now? Do you take the original 30th week estimate and add eight-weeks-ish??

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'm only a few games behind you and live about 70 minutes from Spooky. Tempted to bring a tent down and camp out at Spooky Headquarters until I get that call

Just get a sign that reads:
(Will Leave With Pin)

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

You can drop off at my house, only 80 miles away. And when mine ships send it your way. Remember were all in this together.

#3458 3 years ago

Delivery tomorrow.

I'm calm.

excited.gifexcited.gif
#3459 3 years ago

Almost to #100....only 393 more to go.

#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I wouldn't put a playfield protector on this game even if it was free. It simply doesn't need one and will play better without it. The amount of dimpling is perfectly acceptable.

Subjective opinion there.

It is Much easier to fit during assembly than requiring a customer that wants one fitted to dismantle their game before playing it.

Charge what it costs, and the upmark, is there a reason why this should not be an option if alot of owners wanted it?

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Subjective opinion there.
It is Much easier to fit during assembly than requiring a customer that wants one fitted to dismantle their game before playing it.
Charge what it costs, and the upmark, is there a reason why this should not be an option if alot of owners wanted it?

You're not wrong. I just know that I'd never put one in a Spooky game because it would make it less fun to play. Does JJP still offer to do this from the factory or did they stop? If they stopped I wonder what the reason for doing so was?

#3462 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This one says 89....
[quoted image]

Looks amazing cannot wait until #93 is ready so close!

#3463 3 years ago

Wonder who got the "Wayne" machine?

#3464 3 years ago

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what are the size rubber rings in R&M.

#3465 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You're not wrong. I just know that I'd never put one in a Spooky game because it would make it less fun to play. Does JJP still offer to do this from the factory or did they stop? If they stopped I wonder what the reason for doing so was?

Doesn't make it less fun at all for me. Maybe all protectors or instalations are not equal.

Subjective, again.

Playfield protectors have been great for me, anyway.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Just an opinion from a R&M owner that has played a few hundred games. This Playfield is perfect and needs nothing. Not sure what Spooky sauce they used to make these but unlike most other games this thing is perfect. I wouldn’t waste money on plastic sheets or additional CC. This thing is old school perfect.

#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So K-man pointed out that his game has started to show some VERY slight dimples after about 50 plays. Being an AMH owner I can attest mine looked far worse than this after 50 plays (so it has definitely improved over the years). This is a game that is going to be bolted to my floor, so I want to make sure it looks good for a long time. My question is:
a. If I go the kruzman route, is it just a better looking clear, or will it also be more durable?
b. spookyluke if I ordered a playfield protector is this something I could request to be installed during the build?
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/PHlTbzOX7EaNSoM-SNcv-A?fbclid=IwAR2L2eGpJmpbnO5DPIJ1joC2e0331cGUr4O3RnbTu36alMemwr0JqMrlKbI[quoted image]

If that is from the scoop, a strip of Mylar will do the trick - surprised it isn't already installed in that spot as scoop ejects usually get some, even on Sterns.

As far as extra clear, I haven't had personal experience with Kruzman , but have had a couple of playfields professionally clearcoated locally, and they also dimpled in areas where airborne balls hit the PF - like out of a scoop. The base wood and paint will be extra protected in the long run, but I honestly think there is no way to stop dimpling 100% without going plastic protector.

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Wonder who got the "Wayne" machine?

The "Wayne" machine will become an "Olli" machine. I am in for #99 although I prefer Soccer .

#3469 3 years ago

Thanks to Luke and everyone at Spooky! Greatest costumer service on the planet. (Probably this universe). My machine landed in Germany today and can't wait to unbox.

20200612_145748 (resized).jpg20200612_145748 (resized).jpg
#3470 3 years ago

I would make one suggestion to new owners. If you got the target decals, I would recommend adding mylar over them to protect the images. The decals do not have a cutout that goes around the rivet, they just stick on top of the target and rivet. Over time, they might start to wear away, and you'll be left with a line over the decal where the ball continuously hits.

I have added mylar to scoop exits and ball drop areas for additional protection. Completely optional obviously.

#3471 3 years ago

There was some discussion a while back about repositioning the topper so it sits an inch or two lower. Has anyone done this recently? Spooky folks: Is that something that could be done at the factory? Unfortunately, my ceiling is about an inch too low.

#3472 3 years ago

Wish I could have come up to visit you Spooky guys today with Mike. I had hoped to come pick my #88 up in person, but with the kids being home for the summer now the road trip wasn't an option. Give mine a hug on the way out the door! My wife bleach-wipes everything that comes into the house, anyway.

The good news is, Kingpin will be bringing mine to me very soon! Can't wait!

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Wish I could have come up to visit you Spooky guys today with Mike. I had hoped to come pick my #88 up in person, but with the kids being home for the summer now the road trip wasn't an option. Give mine a hug on the way out the door! My wife bleach-wipes everything that comes into the house, anyway.
The good news is, Kingpin will be bringing mine to me very soon! Can't wait!

Mike wouldn't pick it up for you? Cold.

#3474 3 years ago

Looking forward to my road trip in July (hopefully). #128 and watching my email like a hawk today!

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would make one suggestion to new owners. If you got the target decals, I would recommend adding mylar over them to protect the images. The decals do not have a cutout that goes around the rivet, they just stick on top of the target and rivet. Over time, they might start to wear away, and you'll be left with a line over the decal where the ball continuously hits.
I have added mylar to scoop exits and ball drop areas for additional protection. Completely optional obviously.

can you post a picture of the decals? I can't decide if I need them can't seem to find a good picture.

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can you post a picture of the decals? I can't decide if I need them can't seem to find a good picture.

It's a $10 add on and puts art from the show on plain color targets. Easiest decision ever?

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

they're basically the faces of the characters on each of their corresponding targets. On the larger rectangle targets, it's an image of the character, like Noob Noob. For the family, it's their heads.

Quoted from epthegeek:

It's a $10 add on and puts art from the show on plain color targets. Easiest decision ever?

$10 - easiest decision ever.

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What’s a good removable Mylar to put over the decals and drop points?

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I was planning on buying at least 1 spare set...

@ $10/ea.

Be crazy not to grab an extra set or two.

#3480 3 years ago

Here’s a few pics. These have about 600 plays. Mylar is a good idea. Definitely worth it, but needs a little protection.

499DD760-8863-484C-A684-E1C0724FE294 (resized).jpeg499DD760-8863-484C-A684-E1C0724FE294 (resized).jpeg5C4EAFC0-B8BC-4558-B0A5-52F84AACCC18 (resized).jpeg5C4EAFC0-B8BC-4558-B0A5-52F84AACCC18 (resized).jpeg848F3498-DD9C-4AD5-BC08-008AE78BE423 (resized).jpeg848F3498-DD9C-4AD5-BC08-008AE78BE423 (resized).jpeg
#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What’s a good removable Mylar to put over the decals and drop points?

I use stuff from Pinball life:
https://www.pinballlife.com/3-mil-clear-mylar-by-the-foot.html

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would have been easy for me to grab Chris's game, I even had room in the minivan but I knew Kingpin already had a scheduled delivery. Not too much longer Chris!

20200612_075148 (resized).jpg20200612_075148 (resized).jpg20200612_075948 (resized).jpg20200612_075948 (resized).jpg

#3483 3 years ago

Huge thanks to Charlie, Luke, Morgan and everyone at Spooky as well as Chris at Kingpin games! Made the trip to Benton this morning and already have the game setup and playing!

Everything seems really smooth so far and I haven't had to make adjustments yet. The scoop doesn't reject much at all and the loop is super quick and repeatable.

I'm amazed with the game so far and so happy that the wait is over. For you guys still waiting this is totally worth it!

20200612_102627 (resized).jpg20200612_102627 (resized).jpg20200612_102642 (resized).jpg20200612_102642 (resized).jpg20200612_102831 (resized).jpg20200612_102831 (resized).jpg20200612_075217 (resized).jpg20200612_075217 (resized).jpg20200612_075948 (resized).jpg20200612_075948 (resized).jpg

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

[quoted image]

I love how even the "$10 add on art" fits the theme so well: Summer and Beth arguing with each other, while a beat-up Jerry looks away in ignored disdain... and the beat-up look was apparently imparted from the ball just to him, and not the others

#3485 3 years ago

Ooooooweeee! Even the topper fits, Mike! Congrats, wish I could be there to help break it in!

Quoted from epthegeek:

I didn't ask. I knew he'd open 'em both up and cannibalize mine for the best parts.

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Ooooooweeee! Even the topper fits, Mike! Congrats, wish I could be there to help break it in!

I didn't ask. I knew he'd open 'em both up and cannibalize mine for the best parts.

Or steal your bag of cheese puffs out of the cabinet!!

#3487 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Or steal your bag of cheese puffs out of the cabinet!!

My kids snagged my bag before I could have any

#3488 3 years ago

The game comes with cheese puffs? Yikes, this is going to be my kids' favorite game ever.

My oldest liked Taxi solely because there was a Santa on the cab, and Street Fighter II solely because there was a busted opto for a while that gave jackpots when you flipped, making her "even better than mom". A pin that has cheese puffs will be the stuff of legend!

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

The game comes with cheese puffs? Yikes, this is going to be my kids' favorite game ever.
My oldest liked Taxi solely because there was a Santa on the cab, and Street Fighter II solely because there was a busted opto for a while that gave jackpots when you flipped, making her "even better than mom". A pin that has cheese puffs will be the stuff of legend!

Lol yes. Rather surprised me as I didn't find them until I had the game a month and decided to raise the hood. Odd but funny surprise.

#3490 3 years ago

Spoiler Alert !!!!!

#3491 3 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Spoiler Alert !!!!!

Don't worry. Cheeseballs don't spoil. Might go stale eventually though.

#3492 3 years ago

After playing a bunch of games on the R&M pin I picked up this morning (#89) I think you guys are going to be very pleased with how these later run games play out of the box. I haven't had to tweak anything. My launch is reliably consistent, loop flows well, and i dont get that many scoop rejects. I dont know if they are just tweaking them better on the line but it shows!

The only thing I had to fix was very minor. My left side speaker lights were installed incorrectly. I just had to take the speaker out and flip the led strip to point towards the inside of the speaker in the plastic molding. 5 minute fix. Everything else has been working flawlessly.
20200612_153505 (resized).jpg20200612_153505 (resized).jpg20200612_143657 (resized).jpg20200612_143657 (resized).jpg

#3493 3 years ago

You missed an opportunity, Mike! You coulda been famous for that one, like the coin door lock guy!

#3494 3 years ago

Pics coming soon, though no pics with it powered on, as when it boots, the re-entry VUK just keeps firing over and over. Trying to do some troubleshooting but also reached out to spooky.

Much to my chagrin, the coin door lock mechanism was firmly in place...

#3495 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Pics coming soon, though no pics with it powered on, as when it boots, the re-entry VUK just keeps firing over and over. Trying to do some troubleshooting but also reached out to spooky.
Much to my chagrin, the coin door lock mechanism was firmly in place...

Switch 2 or 3 stuck in the secondary trough? Or maybe the jam opto blocked?

#3496 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Switch 2 or 3 stuck in the secondary trough? Or maybe the jam opto blocked?

Will check them in the game menu shortly to make sure they are working correctly. Figured might as well update code first too.

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Possibly ever. What competes with it? Sopranos maybe, Stern got everything for that game.

Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane did tons of custom callouts for 5 different characters, plus Stern was able to use all voices clips for almost all characters from the show. They even used Norm MacDonald's Death voice even though they weren't supposed to lol

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Will check them in the game menu shortly to make sure they are working correctly. Figured might as well update code first too.

Feel free to reach out if there is anything on my game you need to verify. Billy will be over tomorrow lol.

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s a few pics. These have about 600 plays. Mylar is a good idea. Definitely worth it, but needs a little protection.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why aren't the target decals made from the same lexan material everyone else has been using for years? They don't wear.

#3500 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why aren't the target decals made from the same lexan material everyone else has been using for years? They don't wear.

I was wondering the same thing. These definitely seem to just be like paper stickers. Almost all of mine are worn thru in the center now. There is definitely a market for someone to make higher quality ones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/70?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.