(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 405.
#3301 3 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Is the shaker already supported properly with the last code? Have to choose my options today and still think about the best setting. Has anyone ordered the plastic protectors btw? Couldn´t find a pic or description so far. I would guess it´s a pair of clear plastics for the slingshots or is there even more protection? At the moment I would go for the plastics, the RGB speakers, the interior sidegraphics and the target decals.

The shaker is properly implemented on the latest official code. If you wanted to DIY the shaker, installation is very easy. The plastic protectors are a set of clear plastics that go underneath each game plastic. Worth it IMO.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Factory option - the code for the shaker just got implemented.

nice - I will have them add to the game then.

Pumped.

#3303 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The shaker is properly implemented on the latest official code. If you wanted to DIY the shaker, installation is very easy. The plastic protectors are a set of clear plastics that go underneath each game plastic. Worth it IMO.

Great. Thx!

#3304 3 years ago

Shaker go BRRRRRR

#3305 3 years ago

Yo Scott -

About time for a new Quote isn't it? We've been evil/smart for a long time.

#3306 3 years ago

Hey guys check back here for a pretty cool Spooky/Bug/Luke collaboration release tomorrow at 3pm!

#3307 3 years ago

How awesome is the shaker on this game? I’m not a huuuge shaker guy but if it’s really well integrated and adds a lot to the game I may pop for one.

Quoted from FatPanda:

#3308 3 years ago

Talks about the origins of Rick & Morty about 12:45 in. Just me or is there a resemblance to TheNoTrashCougar ?

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Is the shaker already supported properly with the last code? Have to choose my options today and still think about the best setting. Has anyone ordered the plastic protectors btw? Couldn´t find a pic or description so far. I would guess it´s a pair of clear plastics for the slingshots or is there even more protection? At the moment I would go for the plastics, the RGB speakers, the interior sidegraphics and the target decals.

Shaker is supported in latest code and awesome.

As far as options. I go/went with the buy em all opinion and option.

Not a fan of going to Vegas on a budget or doing anything 95%.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

As far as build options, I go with the buy 'em all option.

35.00 for plastic protectors? Yes! Reason: Inexpensive and easier than installing them yourself later.
65.00 for interior graphics? Yes! Same reason as above. (Unless you prefer mirror blades or aftermarket artwork.)
45.00 for knocker installed? Yes if coded in any game modes. Personal choice if only used for awarding replays.
120.00 for shaker installed? Yes. Same reason as above. (Unless looking for ways to hold down total game cost.)
95.00 for RGB speaker lights? Yes! Same reason as above. (Unless looking for ways to hold down game cost.)
50.00 for access plate in coin door? Yes if intending to add headphone adaptor or dollar bill validator. Otherwise no.
40.00 for coin box with lid? Yes. (Unless will always be home use only or looking for ways to hold down cost.)
10.00 for target decal set? Yes! Because why not dress the game up a little for only ten bucks?
999.00 for butter cabinet? Only if you can handle the extra grand and the cabinet sides will be visible in your lineup.
225.00 (or 250.00 with access plate) for color-matched coin door? Personal choice if you love the BSE powder coating.

#3311 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

35.00 for plastic protectors? Yes! Reason: Inexpensive and easier than installing them yourself later.
65.00 for interior graphics? Yes! Same reason as above. (Unless you prefer mirror blades or aftermarket artwork.)
45.00 for knocker installed? Yes if coded in any game modes. Personal choice if only used for awarding replays.
120.00 for shaker installed? Yes. Same reason as above. (Unless looking for ways to hold down total game cost.)
95.00 for RGB speaker lights? Yes! Same reason as above. (Unless looking for ways to hold down game cost.)
50.00 for access plate in coin door? Yes if intending to add headphone adaptor or dollar bill validator. Otherwise no.
40.00 for coin box with lid? Yes. (Unless will always be home use only and looking for ways to hold down cost.)
10.00 for target decal set? Yes! Because why not dress the game up a little for only ten bucks?
999.00 for butter cabinet? Only if you can handle the extra grand and the cabinet sides will be visible in your lineup.
225.00 (or 250.00 with access plate) for color-matched coin door? Personal choice if you love the BSE powder coating.

Reminded me: I got every option less coin box and dollar feeder as this will be my HUO indefinitely. All other options were a definite yes just the same as my ACNC.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

That is the correct shaker.

Are you sure this isn't it?

scott_shaker (resized).jpgscott_shaker (resized).jpg
#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

40.00 for coin box with lid? Yes. (Unless will always be home use only or looking for ways to hold down cost.)

I wonder if there would be a knocker dimension?

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if there would be a knocker dimension?

Oh please yes! ... that would be up there with the wilhelm and TNA dimensions!

#3315 3 years ago

Does anyone know what # of Rick and Morty machines have hit the streets?

#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from Tricyclejon:

I think they are around #80 but hoping it will be 90-100 real soon!

#3317 3 years ago
Quoted from Tricyclejon:

#77 is in the house.

CE8D8496-0487-4A90-A63E-B6B88C2E547A (resized).jpegCE8D8496-0487-4A90-A63E-B6B88C2E547A (resized).jpeg
#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from Tricyclejon:

Quoted from MikeS:

I think they are around #80 but hoping it will be 90-100 real soon!

I have #81 but hasn’t shipped yet. Any day I’d imagine.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Oh please yes! ... that would be up there with the wilhelm and TNA dimensions!

I feel knocker dimension could most appropriately be referred to as B00b World.

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

#77 is in the house.[quoted image]

Word.. I am #118 trying to be patient..

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How awesome is the shaker on this game? I’m not a huuuge shaker guy but if it’s really well integrated and adds a lot to the game I may pop for one.

I think the shaker is implemented well. It definitely goes off at the appropriate times and it is a variable shake, not just at 0% or 100%. I tend to add shakers to games that support them, but there are definitely games where I'm ok without them. I think it's a good add imo.

#3322 3 years ago

Kaneda just posted this fix in the Facebook group, so I thought I would share. I’ve only played one R&M but I definitely had issues with scoop rejects. This is one solution to keep in mind.

EFF27F6F-D38F-4B3E-A368-EE10E082922B (resized).pngEFF27F6F-D38F-4B3E-A368-EE10E082922B (resized).png
#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Kaneda just posted this fix in the Facebook group, so I thought I would share. I’ve only played one R&M but I definitely had issues with scoop rejects. This is one solution to keep in mind.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Yelobird:

For me, to correct the scoop ejects I added 2 washers under the three mount points on the scoop underside. Basically lowering it 1/8”. After lowering I Slightly raised the scoop hood radius about the same till it touched the plastic. Works perfectly now for me. Much different from when new. Good luck.

I think this is a common fix/adjustment for the scoop. But its good to keep in mind.

#3324 3 years ago

Seems to me like another tweak they ought to do at the factory.

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh boy... get your popcorn ready.

#3326 3 years ago

Well, isn't it 10 times easier to slap a few washers in there during initial assembly?

#3327 3 years ago

Anyone have pics of where the washers go?

#3328 3 years ago

scoop works great!

Bend it up or down slightly if you have issues.
No need to lower the whole unit, which will expose the edge of pf wood.

If you have a bunch of rejects then you could also round the metal edge slight to make it less squared/level w pf so balls drop in.

#3329 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you have a bunch of rejects then you could also round the metal edge slight to make it less squared/level w pf so balls drop in.

That sounds harder than just adding a couple of washers.

#3330 3 years ago

I would probable just add one washer at a time until it takes the balls easily. (insert joke here)
Probably easier than rounding or filing the metal edge.

*edit - beat me to it

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:Anyone have pics of where the washers go?

Washers would go between the scoop assembly and the PF. Basically, you are shimming it to lower the front edge of the scoop. Might only need to do the front, but I can't tell you for over a year.

If you are gonna do all 4, it wouldn't really be any harder to remove it and file that edge as Whysnow / Hilton / Hamilton suggests.

#3332 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

scoop works great!
Bend it up or down slightly if you have issues.
No need to lower the whole unit, which will expose the edge of pf wood.

I wonder if after lowering the lip with washers, it would also be helpful to wrap a strip of Mylar across the playfield wood and over the lip of metal. It would help protect and smooth.

#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if after lowering the lip with washers, it would also be helpful to wrap a strip of Mylar across the playfield wood and over the lip of metal. It would help protect and smooth.

I would

I for sure wont lower the scoop and expose the edge of the wood like that.

#3334 3 years ago

loving the new RM thread name!

good one Scott

rma (resized).pngrma (resized).png
#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I would probable just add one washer at a time until it takes the balls easily. (insert joke here)
Probably easier than rounding or filing the metal edge.
*edit - beat me to it

Had to add washers on my Snake on Metallica to get it level with the playfield. Adding a few washers to the scoop does seem a lot easier than filing the scoop.

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

loving the new RM thread name!
good one Scott
[quoted image]

Hope there will be a fake acid mode added. My favorite season 4 episode.

#3337 3 years ago

Well, isn't it 10 times easier to slap a few washers in there during initial assembly?

For sure! We don't lower those at the factory as a way to protect the wood edge long term! Believe me we spend hours deliberating everything here lol. Seems like every change has Pros/Cons. We really try to be transparent and helpful. Denying everything and claiming our machines are perfect is not our thing

#3338 3 years ago

#75 reporting for duty.

IMG_3234 (resized).jpegIMG_3234 (resized).jpeg
#3339 3 years ago

Hey guys just wanted to let you know over here that we will be posting some super cool custom armour sets for sale on our website for all previous Spooky Games (minus Rick and Morty of course!)

As you know, I have a small metal business and on the weekends I make the majority of Spooky's metal parts. While we were shut down and unable to work due to Covid mandations, Bug (Charlie's Son) and I, made a whole bunch of really unique rails as a way to stay busy and try to recover from the lost work. Bug is currently in college learning AutoCAD and he was pretty excited to try out his skills.

If the sets are listed as "In Stock" on the website that means they are 100% done and in a shipping tube! Which is a limited amount for now! We just need to print a shipping label and drop them off to be mailed! I know in the past there have been some outside projects that had long wait times. I am going to do my absolute best to not have that be the case here. We have pre made 110 total sets (as many as we could afford to gamble on). If these sell, we will expand speed and batch size as quickly as possible to meet the demand. You can always email me at [email protected] also with any future ideas or specific requests you guys might have. We also made an install video for these sets of armour.

http://shop.spookypinball.com/Special-Cool-Stuff_c_19.html

Hope you guys like the product... we really put all we had into this! I will be making a separate thread for this so as not to interfere here. I just wanted to let you guys know here first because i figured most of our customers were checking in here!

Snapchat-480746956 (resized).jpgSnapchat-480746956 (resized).jpgSnapchat-538295257 (resized).jpgSnapchat-538295257 (resized).jpgSnapchat-595671910 (resized).jpgSnapchat-595671910 (resized).jpg
#3340 3 years ago

SpookyLuke are these limited time only deals, or do you plan on continuing to manufacture these into the foreseeable future? Cuz I dont (yet) own my very own TNA but would love to have the metal work here.

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

spookyluke are these limited time only deals, or do you plan on continuing to manufacture these into the foreseeable future? Cuz I dont (yet) own my very own TNA but would love to have the metal work here.

All depends on how well it sells! New thread called "Spooky Custom Armour Kits" should be up i will update you guys there!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-custom-armour-kits

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All depends on how well it sells! New thread called "Spooky Custom Armour Kits" should be up i will update you guys there!

http://shop.spookypinball.com/Special-Cool-Stuff_c_19.html

nice kits Luke!

oops I didn't notice you already posted the link...

oh well, twice is better

#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

For sure! We don't lower those at the factory as a way to protect the wood edge long term! Believe me we spend hours deliberating everything here lol. Seems like every change has Pros/Cons. We really try to be transparent and helpful. Denying everything and claiming our machines are perfect is not our thing

CGC had a similar problem with the SOL scoop.

The correct fitting was 1/64" below the surface of the playfield.

They sent out replacement "Mantis style" protectors an/or scoops that achieved this placement.

This placement protects the playfield well enough for that game.

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That was my first concern when seeing the "fix", but I did have a ton of trouble making the shot the one day I played the game. And I have always struggled with the scoop on TNA.

#3345 3 years ago

I took slow-mo video from the game here before I dropped it with washers AND bent the scoop hood down ever so slightly. I tried to just bend the hood down first but it wasn't until I dropped the scoop also that the rejects stopped. I was not willing to file down the inside edges of the scoop but understand how that could help. Not worried about wear as the hard edge of the wood is still covered by the scoop edges. YMMV

#3346 3 years ago

I don't know my number yet, but my distributor in Europe asked me for details regarding the add-on options.
Looks like a number of machines might be heading to Europe soon! Super excited.

#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I took slow-mo video from the game here before I dropped it with washers AND bent the scoop hood down ever so slightly. I tried to just bend the hood down first but it wasn't until I dropped the scoop also that the rejects stopped. I was not willing to file down the inside edges of the scoop but understand how that could help. Not worried about wear as the hard edge of the wood is still covered by the scoop edges. YMMV

I will lower mine tonight. Thanks for the post.

#3348 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Looks like just bending the hood of the scoop down would have taken care of it also. ???

That is the very first thing I do on any scoop I am adjusting.

#3349 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like just bending the hood of the scoop down would have taken care of it also. ???
That is the very first thing I do on any scoop I am adjusting.

I'm not sure I follow how bending the hood would help reduce rejects?

When you say hood you're talking about the curved top piece of the scoop right?

#3350 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Very interesting, looks like the shots that hit the left or right side (of the metal protector) bounced out, and the shots that were direct went down, but still not smoothly. Can you do a slow-mo video after the adjustments?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/67?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.