(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 404.
#3201 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Spooky pleeeease do a Scary Terry mode even if you cannot get the licensed voice actor. Steve Ritchie is a fan of Scott Danesi and would make a fine alternative using his Mortal Kombat voice!

Yes, or the guy that does Wakko Warner from Animaniacs, he’s quite good.

#3202 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Spooky pleeeease do a Scary Terry mode even if you cannot get the licensed voice actor. Steve Ritchie is a fan of Scott Danesi and would make a fine alternative using his Mortal Kombat voice!

I think it is less about voice talent and more about licensing. This has the one of the best licensing deals in a WHILE!!!!

#3203 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I think it is less about voice talent and more about licensing. This has the one of the best licensing deals in a WHILE!!!!

Possibly ever. What competes with it? Sopranos maybe, Stern got everything for that game.

Anyone doing mirror blades? If so, where are you buying them?

#3204 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Possibly ever. What competes with it? Sopranos maybe, Stern got everything for that game.
Anyone doing mirror blades? If so, where are you buying them?

I dont think they exist yet, but sign me up for a set if they do!

#3205 3 years ago

Not sure if we will get to see Scary Terry in the game and it wouldnt have to do with the voice work. Someone posted a link to basic licensing rules for rick and morty in the past and he was mentioned in it (along with abridolf lincler). I believe one of the rules was he could never be shown by himself, there may have been others

#3206 3 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Not sure if we will get to see Scary Terry in the game and it wouldnt have to do with the voice work. Someone posted a link to basic licensing rules for rick and morty in the past and he was mentioned in it (along with abridolf lincler). I believe one of the rules was he could never be shown by himself, there may have been others

Interesting...

From: https://teepublic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025521634-Guidelines-Rick-and-Morty-

Scary Terry -- as long as his hands are not the focal point of the design and he is shown with Rick and Morty. He should never be solo!

Do not create artwork for the following characters: King Jellybean; Abradolf Lincler; Gazorpazorpfield; Ice-T.

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Interesting...
From: https://teepublic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025521634-Guidelines-Rick-and-Morty-
Scary Terry -- as long as his hands are not the focal point of the design and he is shown with Rick and Morty. He should never be solo!
Do not create artwork for the following characters: King Jellybean; Abradolf Lincler; Gazorpazorpfield; Ice-T.

That's what it was, I was just mistaken on the characters.. a Scary Terry mode could be possible in the future with those guidelines

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Interesting...

That's actually kind of fascinating. I'm obviously not a legal / licensing expert, but I can see where these specific characters "toe the line" in terms of cross-licensing, parody, and controversy, especially if they appeared in sub-licensed (read, cash-grab) products:

- King JB: Anyone who's seen this episode timed/linked with the Joe Paterno (and similar) scandal knows it is a brilliant bit of commentary, and even then it's uncomfortable for many, so it should only remain visible in that context.

- Abradolf Lincler: arguably not as bad King JB, but god forbid some alt-right or neo-nazi group started latching to this. R&M has enough fanbase problems as it is.

- Gazorpazorpfield: I've honestly wondered how PAWS, Inc. felt about this to begin with. Seems they probably indulged the fun of it... as long as it's not made part of a money-grab.

- Scary Terry: hands make define the character trademarks of Wolverine (Marvel / Disney) and Freddy Kreuger (New Line)... the feast starts as soon as the cash grab begins.

- Ice-T: "“Never mumble some sarcastic shit to somebody who can obviously fuck you up.”

#3209 3 years ago

Nice little highlight from Bowen's stream last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyHumbleSangHoneyBadger

Full thing available too - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/641526390

#3210 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nice little highlight from Bowen's stream last night: https://clips.twitch.tv/ClumsyHumbleSangHoneyBadger

That's awesome! I'm going to be seeing that animation a lot once I get my game.

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Has this been done before? Very cool!

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Has this been done before? Very cool!

Yes, it's not new. TFTC had it and some other game I can't remember off hand.

#3213 3 years ago

I remember it in Last Action Hero too. Very fun Eric! Good job.

Thanks for streaming the latest code Bowen, but also for your excellent rules commentary. It was nice to see the Meeseeks Mania running alone so you could see more of it and hear the rules for the new MB.

Quoted from epthegeek:

#3214 3 years ago

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Quoted from epthegeek:

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

- Abradolf Lincler: arguably not as bad King JB, but god forbid some alt-right or neo-nazi group started latching to this. R&M has enough fanbase problems as it is.

To Paraphrase Bon Jovi - You give Dumb, a Bad Name.

#3216 3 years ago

Loving the pin and loving the new code updates!!

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

To Paraphrase Bon Jovi - You give Dumb, a Bad Name.

With all the grief the showrunners have to endure over toxic fanboyism and trollish behavior, not the least of which involves having to clarify that Rick really isn't an ideal role model... do you really think they'd license Abrodolph Lincler? Only to have to apologize/distance if/when those same asshats co-opt it? Or be accused of profiting off the promotion of Nazi-derived symbolism? Some battles are better left unsparked. Repeat your lyrics in your head a few times.

#3219 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

ebay.com link » Official Rick And Morty Abradolf Lincler Coffee Mug Cup New In Gift Box
WARNING : Handle is Slippery When Wet

Is that officially licensed?

#3220 3 years ago

I am officially within my delivery window of 12-5 today.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Got my options email as well, #122

Bummer! I am #123 and haven’t gotten mine yet.

#3222 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

That's really too bad! I heard they decided to build all the even numbers first and then do the odds.

#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I am officially within my delivery window of 12-5 today.

Balls, the delivery company just called and rescheduled for Monday.

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Make sure to check your junk mail, email is from [email protected]

#3225 3 years ago

Maybe everyone should just add the domain spooky.com to their email whitelists so their spam filters will leave it alone?

#3226 3 years ago

Hey Guys - New public build up on the Spooky Game-Support page.

Bowen ran across a crash bug during the stream last night and that's been fixed up, along with some balancing tweaks to Pirates scoring.

If you're updating from 06.04 you only have to install one time -- otherwise the double-install still applies.

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support

#3227 3 years ago

Got a new mask today.

61488888-DB3B-49A8-A9C3-B0DAE597A479 (resized).jpeg61488888-DB3B-49A8-A9C3-B0DAE597A479 (resized).jpeg
#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Got a new mask today.
[quoted image]

Genius, where'd u get it??

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Cool number.

ABC as easy as

#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Got a new mask today.
[quoted image]

That shirt is AMAZING!

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Hold on there partner, your day is coming. Next time, You'll be 1st easy as #123

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I remember it in Last Action Hero too. Very fun Eric! Good job.
Thanks for streaming the latest code Bowen, but also for your excellent rules commentary. It was nice to see the Meeseeks Mania running alone so you could see more of it and hear the rules for the new MB.

Indeed. Great stream, I really like Bowens videos and commentary. Holding the ball too long in Whirly Dirly: "Hurry the Fu@# UP!" LOL

Also after all this time, just realised that the prototype had Jerry on the middle target..... obviously Jerry was moved to the bottom where he belongs!

#3233 3 years ago

Do these creatures appear in the pin?

#3234 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Always enjoy watching Bowen play.

Game looks like a ton of fun to play.

Is it my imagination but left ramp seems to have a ton of balls that don't quite make it to the top? Too steep? Flippers need more power?

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

King JB: Anyone who's seen this episode timed/linked with the Joe Paterno (and similar) scandal knows it is a brilliant bit of commentary, and even then it's uncomfortable for many, so it should only remain visible in that context.

How about naming the pedophile responsible for that scandal? Jerry Sandusky, not Joe Paterno. Sandusky was arrested and all the drama went down in 2011 to 2012. This episode came out in 2014.

#3236 3 years ago

Quick question for the club here. Is anyone having a good amount of air balls off the ramps? As I inspected the screws on my ramps it looks like they might be a bit too big as they don’t sit flush with the ramp. I’m afraid to screw them down any further as the screws are already showing through on the underside of the playfield. If the left most screw on the left ramp were to be screwed down any further it would not allow the ball to Travel through the subway. Here are a few pictures. I had to remove the right screw bc it was really bad on the right ramp.
E84594AB-3905-45B1-B388-AD3F00DE744F (resized).jpegE84594AB-3905-45B1-B388-AD3F00DE744F (resized).jpegBC55873E-E441-456D-A000-BE42D45E48F0 (resized).jpegBC55873E-E441-456D-A000-BE42D45E48F0 (resized).jpeg1D07E44E-06B7-4F55-8954-56C9FBB9A79B (resized).jpeg1D07E44E-06B7-4F55-8954-56C9FBB9A79B (resized).jpegC81272B3-62BB-4984-909F-42E6F9A8DF48 (resized).jpegC81272B3-62BB-4984-909F-42E6F9A8DF48 (resized).jpeg

CC535EA3-1113-4BC9-9421-A8048E9C267E (resized).jpegCC535EA3-1113-4BC9-9421-A8048E9C267E (resized).jpeg
#3237 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Quick question for the club here. Is anyone having a good amount of air balls off the ramps? As I inspected the screws on my ramps it looks like they might be a bit too big as they don’t sit flush with the ramp. I’m afraid to screw them down any further as the screws are already showing through on the underside of the playfield. If the left most screw on the left ramp were to be screwed down any further it would not allow the ball to Travel through the subway. Here are a few pictures. I had to remove the right screw bc it was really bad on the right ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The screw head is close to the edge, the screw would have to sit proud a fair way before the ball would be able to touch it. Have you tried putting a ball against the edge of the ramp above the screw to see how much clearance, or if the ball actually can touch it?

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had a lot of airballs off the right ramp. I noticed my ramp flap was slightly bowed up in the center. I just unscrewed the ramp, bent the ramp flap flat so it sits flush with the playfield and I haven’t had 1 airball since.

#3239 3 years ago

You could also turn down the power on the left flipper. Crazy, I know.

#3240 3 years ago

I was getting airballs and made an airball protector out of extra lexan I had. No issues since.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You could also turn down the power on the left flipper. Crazy, I know.

Of course I understand you can turn down the power of the flipper, this wasn’t my issue. I noticed the ball would hit the screw and send it flying. Just trying to find out if the screw installed was accidentally too big. No need for the sarcasm. The game is awesome just trying to fix this problem.

Quoted from razorsedge:

The screw head is close to the edge, the screw would have to sit proud a fair way before the ball would be able to touch it. Have you tried putting a ball against the edge of the ramp above the screw to see how much clearance, or if the ball actually can touch it?

Yea I tried this and the ball actually touches the screw when I run it over the ramp.

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Of course I understand you can turn down the power of the flipper, this wasn’t my issue. I noticed the ball would hit the screw and send it flying. Just trying to find out if the screw installed was accidentally too big. No need for the sarcasm. The game is awesome just trying to fix this problem.

Yea I tried this and the ball actually touches the screw when I run it over the ramp.

If it were me I'd use a smaller screw if you can't make it flush. You can fill in the larger holes using toothpicks dipped in wood glue and break them so they are flush. Should hold fine.

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Is the side of the screw head catching on the ramp flap and pulling it down with it? .... the screw head should clear the cutout in the ramp flap, and not catch on it. Just another thought

Where you have your finger on the ramp flap, looks like should be a bit straighter curve meybe? ... the flap edge appears to be lifted where it meets the playfield in that pic.

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is the side of the screw head catching on the ramp flap and pulling it down with it? .... the screw head should clear the cutout in the ramp flap, and not catch on it. Just another thought

Yes it clears the flap. Screws installed must be the wrong size. I’ll head to the hardware store and purchase some smaller ones. Guess it’s just my machine. #74 here.

#3245 3 years ago

It might have just needed to be screwed down a little more. The screw would be tight before it comes down tight on the ramp, the plain unthreaded section before the head does that, and helps stop it coming loose.

Hard to say without being there really... but I think it is unlikely that you have different screws there than every other game.

#3246 3 years ago

Did you bend the ramp flap down? I can see it looks like mine did. Pretty sure the screw is not the issue. Bend the flap so it curves the other way and I’m almost positive it will solve your issue.

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Did you bend the ramp flap down? I can see it looks like mine did. Pretty sure the screw is not the issue. Bend the flap so it curves the other way and I’m almost positive it will solve your issue.

Thanks I’ll give this a go.

Been loving the heck out of this game so far. Great job spooky and team!

#3248 3 years ago

I remember screws on my Rob Zombie ramp seemed too big when compared to Stern ramps. Had a similar issue from memory.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Of course I understand you can turn down the power of the flipper, this wasn’t my issue.

Sorry, wasn’t intending sarcasm. Most people would just never dream of turning power down for some reason. There are some changes to flipper control in the latest update that has the general effect of making the flippers kick a bit harder. When I put those changes in on my janky white wood, it started air-balling off the right ramp into the side wall when it never did that prior. A tweak down of the power made it stay on the ramp again. So I was just making the assumption that it would help here as well.

#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:Sorry, wasn’t intending sarcasm. Most people would just never dream of turning power down for some reason. There are some changes to flipper control in the latest update that has the general effect of making the flippers kick a bit harder. When I put those changes in on my janky white wood, it started air-balling off the right ramp into the side wall when it never did that prior. A tweak down of the power made it stay on the ramp again. So I was just making the assumption that it would help here as well.

No worries. Appreciate you trying to help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/65?hl=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.