(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 405.
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hey all, never had a Spooky, multimorphic pin so have never heard the issue with power supply fan volume/problem or maybe it's not one at all for home environment.
Is it worth spending the $17 for a quieter fan for the power supply. Thx in advance.

Spooky power supply is in the cab, not in the head...switch is where its supposed to be. ACNC is not as loud as a SPIKE. Give it a bit and make your decision.

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

#72 in the house...
I had to adjust the bottom flippers a bit; they were both a bit high. That's a PITA. Very busy under the playfield.
So far the game is brutal, but hilarious. The garage shot is possible, but very difficult.
[quoted image]

Looks great and 2 other great pins right next to it!

NICE!!!!

Don't forget to remove the foam under the space ship!

is that an ACNC behind it to the right???

#3153 3 years ago

Hey all, never had a Spooky, multimorphic pin so have never heard the issue with power supply fan volume/problem or maybe it's not one at all for home environment.
Is it worth spending the $17 for a quieter fan for the power supply. Thx in advance.

PinMonk sales them too.
https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/
I'll be getting one, before my build is ready.

#3154 3 years ago

It was one of the best things I did with my ACNC. It went from aircraft takeoff to silent. Pinmonk sells a very easy install kit for Spooky... Scroll down:

https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/index.php/pinballaccessories

#3155 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

vireland sales them too.
https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/
I'll be getting one, before my build is ready.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

It was one of the best things I did with my ACNC. It went from aircraft takeoff to silent. Pinmonk sells a very easy install kit for Spooky... Scroll down:
https://www.pinmonk.com/cms/index.php/pinballaccessories

Thanks for the recommendations. They can also be purchased through the pinside store here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03720-600w-spooky-multimorphic-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit

Pinball Life also carries it, and Ministry of Pinball has all three Pin Monk quiet fan kits in Europe. They're a bit more expensive at MoP, but considering the expensive shipping from the US and time, cheaper for Europeans overall.

#3156 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The art on Rick and Morty had an Easter egg from the second half of season 4 that no seems to have noticed yet.
If you saw the awesome vat of acid episode that premiered a couple weeks ago you might recognize the ladle on the artwork on the right side of the backbox.

Wonder is Spooky knew about the episode before it aired?[quoted image]

There may even be an art reference to an even more recent episode...

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

ACNC is not as loud as a SPIKE. Give it a bit and make your decision.

This isn't true. The stock fans are almost exactly the same dB rating. The Spike 1 (300W Meanwell) fan is 1.0 dB QUIETER than the Spooky, and the Spike 2 (500W meanwell) is an insignificant 0.1dB louder:

Spooky/Multimorphic SE-600-48 34.5dB

Stern SPV-300-48 33.5dB (Spike 1, larger fan)
Stern RSP-500-48 34.6dB (Spike 2, smaller fan)

...and the Spooky one is more annoying than either Spike fan because it doesn't have a thermal switch, so the Spooky one is ALWAYS ON. The Spike one only turns on when the power supply crosses a temperature threshold, then turns off again when it's normalized. The PITCH of the two is slightly different due to the fact that the Spooky one is much larger and the most common 500W Spike power supply fan is tiny, but the amount of noise they produce, measured in decibels, is almost the same, and all three are WAY TOO LOUD as they come from the factory.

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Phoenix person?

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Phoenix person?

PP was created in season 3.

#3160 3 years ago

Another fan alternative. I swapped out the fan on my PS almost right away. Did it using the TNA guide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/49#post-4370299

Used this fan:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000234W04

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

This? (resized).pngThis? (resized).png
#3162 3 years ago

Someone in this thread or the other RaM thread posted a crazy alternate backglass aaand now I can’t find it. Anyone have any info on that?

#3163 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Someone in this thread or the other RaM thread posted a crazy alternate backglass aaand now I can’t find it. Anyone have any info on that?

Brian Allen - Flyland Designs. I don't currently see it on the website but maybe contact him or jhoward1082 (he posted the photos below)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/52#post-5626512

#3164 3 years ago

Thank you! I sent Allen an email. Hopefully he has more in stock or is willing to produce more. I gotta get one big time.

Quoted from newovad:

Brian Allen - Flyland Designs. I don't currently see it on the website but maybe contact him or jhoward1082 (he posted the photos below)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/52#post-5626512

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

#72 in the house...
I had to adjust the bottom flippers a bit; they were both a bit high. That's a PITA. Very busy under the playfield.
So far the game is brutal, but hilarious. The garage shot is possible, but very difficult.
[quoted image]

I think there's a reason the flippers are a bit higher than you might expect on R&M from the factory. From the factory you can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper.

If you adjust the flippers to where you'd expect, you won't be able to do that, and it will make backhanding the Flooble Crank harder as well.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#3166 3 years ago

Seeing what Stern is pulling with the new JP topper activated mode, I just have to give a shoutout to Spooky. Eric is killing this code, and Spooky secured a massive amount of original content and asset for this game. Spooky is working hard to deliver additional modes for as long as they can under the license at no additional cost to the buyers. I can't say enough how much I love Spooky as a company for what they are bringing to the pinball industry. You guys rock!

#3167 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Seeing what Stern is pulling with the new JP topper activated mode, I just have to give a shoutout to Spooky. Eric is killing this code, and Spooky secured a massive amount of original content and asset for this game. Spooky is working hard to deliver additional modes for as long as they can under the license at no additional cost to the buyers. I can't say enough how much I love Spooky as a company for what they are bringing to the pinball industry. You guys rock!

I've been playing beta builds and Eric is completely killing it on code and content. If you want R&M as a theme, you are getting your money's worth, because this game just oozes R&M. Everything goes back to the show in one way or another.

#3168 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Yea I’m a spooky fan for life!

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea I’m a spooky fan for life!

Spooky was my first (and only) NIB purchase with ACNC. R&M will be my second NIB. I'm really proud to support a company like Spooky. They strike me as a team of people that really try to do the right thing. Every time I see another company pull some BS, it makes me even happier I choose to buy Spooky.

#3170 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I think there's a reason the flippers are a bit higher than you might expect on R&M from the factory. From the factory you can backhand the right ramp from the right flipper.
If you adjust the flippers to where you'd expect, you won't be able to do that, and it will make backhanding the Flooble Crank harder as well.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Spot on! We set flippers to just barely allow for a back hand of right ramp and then even up the left one which usually allows for a nice right orbit shot.

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

What is Stern doing with the JP topper??

#3172 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

From the post seems it might be a mode(s) that is only available with the topper installation/purchase?

#3173 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

DLC gated by super over priced crap topper. So glad spooky doesn’t pull that crap.

#3174 3 years ago

Spooky be offering exclusive modes to those with a topper too. I guess that will be everyone

#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've been playing beta builds and Eric is completely killing it on code and content. If you want R&M as a theme, you are getting your money's worth, because this game just oozes R&M. Everything goes back to the show in one way or another.

It's posts like this that make me excited for my game. Should be any day now!

#3176 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

This occurred to me, so I emailed spooky. They said the flippers should be “just above” the holes. Mine were significantly above. However, I think I have in fact lowered them too much now.... it’s a real pain, especially the right flipper. Getting to the nut is easy, but you have to get an alan into the other side to provide resistance.

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Spot on! We set flippers to just barely allow for a back hand of right ramp and then even up the left one which usually allows for a nice right orbit shot.

Is there an alignment indicator somewhere to help find this recommended adjustment point? It sounds like folks are adjusting them to the "traditional" alignment without realizing they are intended to be different. If the balance is fine-line as you point out (and as a player this sounds just right!), it would be great to have a reference point.

#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Is there an alignment indicator somewhere to help find this recommended adjustment point? It sounds like folks are adjusting them to the "traditional" alignment without realizing they are intended to be different. If the balance is fine-line as you point out (and as a player this sounds just right!), it would be great to have a reference point.

Here the outside of the rubber seems to sit about 1/16th above the alignment hole in the board. That is how we feel it plays the best!

#3179 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Here the outside of the rubber seems to sit about 1/16th above the alignment hole in the board. That is how we feel it plays the best!

Here is where mine were at from the factory:
3A6E8F7B-3095-4F68-AE3F-140F4D06698F (resized).jpeg3A6E8F7B-3095-4F68-AE3F-140F4D06698F (resized).jpeg

#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's posts like this that make me excited for my game. Should be any day now!

You're gonna love it Mike. Spend some time to truly dial it in. Spooky does a great job from the factory, but they won't put 10s-100s of plays on it to be able to make tweaks. That's likely something that you'll have to do. Mine plays so good right now. A bit clunky sometimes on the left ramp down to the upper right flipper, but there are also times where it's really smooth. The inner orbit and garage shot are super smooth on my game. I feel like it's 99.9% perfectly set up right now.

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I’ve never thought this through with backhanding in mind. I usually sign the flippers to be straight with the ball guides. Ask I understanding correctly that if you want to accentuate your ability to hit a backhanded shot, the flipper should be set upwards slightly? How does this affect other shots, if at all? Seems like it could increase ball hop making shots off the end of the flipper less reliable/more difficult?

#3182 3 years ago

#120 reporting in. I got the price sheet email!

#3183 3 years ago

Got my options email as well, #122

#3184 3 years ago

128 here and heart pounding! Checking email, checking junk mail, play pinball, repeat.

#3185 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I’ve never thought this through with backhanding in mind. I usually sign the flippers to be straight with the ball guides. Ask I understanding correctly that if you want to accentuate your ability to hit a backhanded shot, the flipper should be set upwards slightly? How does this affect other shots, if at all? Seems like it could increase ball hop making shots off the end of the flipper less reliable/more difficult?

No the flippers are up from the dot on the board but not up from the lay of the guide feeding it. We use the lay of the guide also then slightly fine tune.

#3186 3 years ago

I've got pairs of Mr. Meeseeks, to mount near the Mr. Meeseeks Box available on my site now...

http://LockWhenLit.com/Products.htm

They're $20 for a pair. They are ornaments, mounted to a thin plastic washer, that easily mount to existing posts near the Meeseeks Box. Easily installed and removed with no modifications needed to the game.

For those that would like to make their own, the box of 12 Meeseeks are available from Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Rick-Morty-Christmas-Decorations-Meeseeks/dp/B07JN5KSQX

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Meeseeks.jpgMeeseeks.jpg
#3187 3 years ago

Oh boy. Possibly next week then. I’m 130

Quoted from ziz:

Got my options email as well, #122

#3188 3 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I've got pairs of Mr. Meeseeks, to mount near the Mr. Meeseeks Box available on my site now...
http://LockWhenLit.com/Products.htm
They're $20 for a pair. They are ornaments, mounted to a thin plastic washer, that easily mount to existing posts near the Meeseeks Box. Easily installed and removed with no modifications needed to the game.
For those that would like to make their own, the box of 12 Meeseeks are available from Amazon...
amazon.com link »
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
[quoted image]

I got my meeseeks box of them at home!

#3189 3 years ago

I am guessing early 80s are the next to ship any day now. They’ll have that new spooky factory smell.

#3190 3 years ago

#114 price sheet arrived today.

And aaawaaayyyyyy we go!

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am guessing early 80s are the next to ship any day now. They’ll have that new spooky factory smell.

Can new pin smell and new factory smell come together to create a new smell that ever smelled that will never fade away?

#3192 3 years ago

#115 price sheet arrived today. Yay!!!!

Question, I see Spooky is no longer doing the mirror blades. I assume there are after market mirror blades available for this game somewhere? Just making sure there are off the shelf options designed for this configuration. Thanks!

#3193 3 years ago

Me waiting on that Rick and Morty pin in 2020.

f0475ea (resized).jpgf0475ea (resized).jpg
#3194 3 years ago

Whichever one of you Spooky bastards came up with the reverse flipper dimension, thanks a lot, totally fucked me up!

#3195 3 years ago

Siiiick, I love reverse flipper play. What dimension is it?

Quoted from N80G80:

Whichever one of you Spooky bastards came up with the reverse flipper dimension, thanks a lot, totally fucked me up!

#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Siiiick, I love reverse flipper play. What dimension is it?

YES! Enjoyed this on both ghostbusters and Houdini.

#3197 3 years ago

Haven't seen it posted yet, but here's the newest code update

Code Update

https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/rm-gamecode-20200604.pkg

Update Notes

* THIS UPDATE HAS TO BE INSTALLED TWO TIMES *

* JUST DO THE NORMAL UPDATE PROCEEDURE TWICE *

NOTES:

- If your current build is earlier than 2020.02.17, reset your settings after you update.

- For best results always use the USB 3.0 (blue) port on the CPU for updates.

- A USB 3.0 thumb drive is also highly recommended.

- Make sure there is only ONE pkg file on the USB stick and that the ".pkg" extension is correct

Build 2020.06.04:

- Added: Meeseeks Mania Multiball!

- Added: Adventure - Get Schwifty!

- Added: Some other kinds of save animations.

- Added: A bit of a LED flourish for the loopback

- Added: Shaker go BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

- Added: All new Switch test interface. It's amazing, Morty.

- Added: Multiball jackpot lampshows.

- Added: Dimension: CMB-0 - Combo Scoring 3x

- Added: Dimension: BLK-0p - Night Vision Engaged!

- Added: Dimension: J3r-S1m - Human Music; I like it.

- Added: Dimension: 13u-TT: Just passing through ...

- Added: Two new Mortys

- Added: Adventure select interface for card stamp #10

- Added: New on screen progress indication for "Roy"

- Added: New SFX for coin-up and credit-up.

- Added: Pinballs missing display during ball search.

- Added: Extra tilt warning mystery award

- Added: Setting for how often tilt warning mystery award can be earned

- Added: FACTS page about tilt state

- Added: Heckling. If you go too long without hitting anything, you will be harassed.

- Added: Setting for auto-open portal on ball # if dimensions visited = 0

- Added: Setting for SLAM save time so user can adjust as desired between 1.5 and 2.5

seconds. Default is 2.

- Added: Setting for time it takes for a Meeseeks to go bad.

- Added: Setting for number of 'easy' family target completions - below the value,

hitting an already lit target will award another lit target

- Added: Force reset by holding start button 2 seconds after ball 1. You WILL get

harassed about it.

- Added: Optional short Ball-save for portal eject. Setting is off by default.

- Fixed: Pop-ups layer wouldn't clear properly if they were on screen when service

menu was activated.

- Fixed: Entering the menu while the skillshot was on would cause problems in the

skillshot lights on the next game.

- Fixed: Possible crash in meeseeks adding if called too rapidly.

- Fixed: Events triggered by videos ending are cancelled properly on tilt.

- Fixed: New LED settings for service menu interfered with LED tests.

- Fixed: Killshot in Whirly Dirly (right ramp) could cause a crash in multiball if

hit twice quickly.

- Fixed: U-turn ball save setting got broken at some point, is now unbroken.

- Fixed: If the portal opened at the start of a ball, diverter would stay active

- Fixed: Dimension/Portal lights wouldn't update right after skillshot with "highlight"

option

- Fixed: If you had seeds, and got 0 points on a ball, bonus got confused.

- Fixed: "Bad" meeseeks on the playfield would trigger call outs on any meeseeks update

- Fixed: "Good" meeseeks multiplier indication in normal play was not correct when

3x and 4x

- Fixed: Setting the system time with the service menu actually works now.

- Fixed: The drop target colors weren't updating anywhere near as much as intended.

- Fixed: There was a bug that could end up leaving the volume change display on screen

if a game was started while it was visible.

- Fixed: If scores got over 100 million, spacing was an issue.

- Fixed: Megaseed pop-ups with over 100% bonus text placement

- Fixed: Combo of inner-orbit -> garage should fill the portal gun.

- Fixed: There were some conditions that could try to start an adventure with

none selected, which would crash.

- Fixed: Changes made to try to sync the match lightshow better to the video

- Fixed: Certain conditions could cause a mystery award line item to duplicate

- Changed: Experimental changes to the flipper hold settings - may make flippers

initial flip harder. Bump down power as needed.

- Changed: Dimension info line on top now shows how many dimensions visited.

- Changed: Credit info text now cycles with Meeseeks info during game.

- Changed: Pickle Rick clips updated again in phase 1

- Changed: Ball launch lampshow wave is supressed during multiball.

- Changed: TNA dimension really does make the ramps score 0 points now.

- Changed: Add-a-ball can now dump portal ball to get to 5 ball play if 4 are in play.

- Changed: Default Extra Ball for dimensions is at 3 now.

- Changed: Skillshot highlight option default is now Off.

- Changed: New video for last phase of pirates

- Changed: Dimension select logic rotates: "Other/Feature", Good, Bad - if you're in

an adventure that takes over audio control, feature dimensions are skipped

in the rotation.

- Changed: After the first Gromflomite multiball, lit locks will slowly fade and expire,

requiring a new crank hit to re-light. Each successive multiball will shorten

the time before they expire.

- Changed: During purge, if you hold the ball on a flipper, the locals will speed up.

- Changed: U-Turn/Scoop ball savers made slightly shorter

- Changed: If a ball save is started by the U-turn/scoop - outlanes won't save. Center

drain only.

- Changed: Deep system changes to the way display assets are handled for performance

reasons.

- Changed: Added the 'loop-back' shot in Whirly Dirly as a progress shot.

- Changed: Every 3 dimensions, the portal gun will drain a little bit quicker down to a certain point.

- Changed: Spinner rip can only award max of 3x normal shot portal juice

- Changed: Portal only stays open for 1/2 as long if you fill the meter while in a

different dimension by making shots, versus collecting all the seeds.

- Changed: "No charge left" callout on antigravity use when drained works 2 times, then

goes away for 20 seconds.

- Changed: Shaker now has 4 intensity settings

- Changed: Shaker test updated to let you switch settings right in the test.

- Changed: Default launch power lowered a smidge

- Changed: Coil test fires and holds the ship post for 1 second to mimic gameplay.

#3198 3 years ago

OoooooooWeeeeeeeeeee!

#3199 3 years ago

OoooooooWeeeeeeeeeee!

CAN DOOO!

#3200 3 years ago

Spooky pleeeease do a Scary Terry mode even if you cannot get the licensed voice actor. Steve Ritchie is a fan of Scott Danesi and would make a fine alternative using his Mortal Kombat voice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/64?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.