(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 405.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

stopped reading with that...
sorry but that guy is a Fing mornon. Does he even own a pinball machine?
He definitely does not play pinball and is not the guy to look for opinions on anything

Kenada does play pinball, how can you say he doesn't play pinball? That's like saying "David Hasselhoff doesn't sing."

More to the point would be if you said "Kedada don't surf". (Like Robert Duvall said in Apocalypses Now... "Charley don't surf") by which you would be saying you don't like him for a reason that is unimportant to anyone but yourself.

#2702 3 years ago

If you play pinball as an enthusiast, you'll be able to adjust to the shot placement. If you play as a casual, it will be frustrating and geometry "will be bad".

On Stern games, you can literally hit shots without looking (any multiball in a Stern, ever). Can't do that with R&M. Which is why so many people like Stern games...but it's also why some people deep into the hobby appreciate other games. Most Stern games shoot the same, shots are always in the same spots.

#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's like saying "David Hasselhoff doesn't sing."

He is huge in Germany.

#2704 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But to rai’s question, funny you should mention Walking Dead. When I played Rick and Morty, I though of existing pins, it was closest to a cross between TNA and Walking Dead - and I intend that as a compliment.

Nice. I owned TWD in the past and liked the game. And I have always wanted to own a TNA. So maybe R&M will scratch both itches. Also, I agree with whysnow. Special K's opinion is the worst to base any sort of pinball purchase. The guys is a complete fraud. I suppose he is entertaining if you like to gossip.

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted to ask something like this too, I asked about TNA before I got it and got hammered by one person who got his feeling hurt apparently it's not ok to ask questions (according to this guy)? I just wanted to get some feedback, in the end I got TNA and love it.
My main question about R&M had to do with how the shots (Kenada) said were not great geometry or they didn't feel satisfying etc.. and whenever I watched streams the game didn't pass the eye test as far as flow but the rest of the game looks great.
I think maybe this will relate to TWD in my experience in that it has some difficult (unusual) shots and is quite brutal but once I got to play it, that is part of the charm that it's not a 100% makeable shooter like SM.
also I watched this video and the game seems to play very well, I know this guy is a great player (so is Jack Danger) but the game really looks to shoot well better than any other gameplay footage I have seen (hopefully it'll be able to get it to play like this).

Karl is amazing! I remember getting psyched for this stream, then saw him have some really rough games for the first 25 minutes or so. I didn't watch past that. He seemed flustered at times, which isn't the norm for him.

I'd really like to get more time on the game.

#2706 3 years ago

If someone has a spot for sale, can you PM please
Thanks
Mo

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Karl is amazing!

On topic side bar: Karl sent a picture of an over 100 million game (48 megaseeds at the time) to show that, due to a late font change, the 9 digit score didn’t fit properly in the box on the screen. Which has now been fixed back up. Thanks Karl!

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

On topic side bar: Karl sent a picture of an over 100 million game (48 megaseeds at the time) to show that, due to a late font change, the 9 digit score didn’t fit properly in the box on the screen. Which has now been fixed back up. Thanks Karl!

Haha, troubleshooter Karl!

That dude is a beast, and it's always a pleasure seeing him get a handle on, and then inevitably dominate a game. Wicked player!

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For my code update you need not bother fixing that bug on mine. Doubt I’ll ever see a day when My high score won’t fit on the screen! Lol

#2710 3 years ago

How many adventure modes are in the game now?

#2711 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Eric, is that the highest score you've seen so far?

#2712 3 years ago

Forget about Kaneda let talk about production so we can get games in hand .
Wisconsin is open.

#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you play pinball as an enthusiast, you'll be able to adjust to the shot placement. If you play as a casual, it will be frustrating and geometry "will be bad".
On Stern games, you can literally hit shots without looking (any multiball in a Stern, ever). Can't do that with R&M. Which is why so many people like Stern games...but it's also why some people deep into the hobby appreciate other games. Most Stern games shoot the same, shots are always in the same spots.

I agree with this.

Also would like to add that some of the most satisfying combos can be achieved with this game. The other day I plunged the ball, it rolled down to the upper flipper, I hit the spinner loop, then as the ball came around again I hit the garage shot which instantly ejected the ball to the left flipper, then I shot it up the right ramp, then to the scoop from the right flipper. It was so fast and smooth, it just felt amazing.

I can appreciate how Spooky doesnt try to place a cluster of pop bumpers in every one of thier machines. It's nice to have pins that deviate from what I would consider the standard pinball model.

#2714 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Six

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Forget about Kaneda let talk about production so we can get games in hand .
Wisconsin is open.

Yeah I'm hoping to hear some kind of announcement soon. I think the Supreme Court decision was definitely expected given the partisan makeup of the Court, but I think most people thought that they'd give the legislature a week or so to come up with a new plan vs. allowing everything to open back up immediately. I'm guessing it might take a few more days' notice to get the Minions back in the shop.

#2716 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah I'm hoping to hear some kind of announcement soon. I think the Supreme Court decision was definitely expected given the partisan makeup of the Court, but I think most people thought that they'd give the legislature a week or so to come up with a new plan vs. allowing everything to open back up immediately. I'm guessing it might take a few more days' notice to get the Minions back in the shop.

announcement would be wonderful lots of peoples $$$ hanging out there. Theses are tough financial times for some I am sure some info would be appreciated.

Maybe spooky Facebook page.

#2717 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eric, is that the highest score you've seen so far?

Highest legitimate score, yes. And Karl got that on the current release code too. Some scoring stuff has changed in current work that makes certain things score better, so scores will go up on average.

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Highest legitimate score, yes. And Karl got that on the current release code too. Some scoring stuff has changed in current work that makes certain things score better, so scores will go up on average.

Most excellent!

#2719 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Most excellent!

I am certain I am not the only 1 here with having experienced his thought multiple times:

4 times today I have refrained from emailing Spooky folks to ask if production is restarting.

I keep reminding myself not to be a MF and bother them with a question that will not change when I receive my machine but MAN! It is hard

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I am certain I am not the only 1 here with having experienced his thought multiple times:
4 times today I have refrained from emailing Spooky folks to ask if production is restarting.
I keep reminding myself not to be a MF and bother them with a question that will not change when I receive my machine but MAN! It is hard

There is nothing at all wrong with wanting clear information in regards to a business transaction with money involved.

SpookY might be the only pinball Co. right now holding costumers deposits.

At the end of the day it is business.

#2721 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

There is nothing at all wrong with wanting clear information in regards to a business transaction with money involved.
SpookY might be the only pinball Co. right now holding costumers deposits.
At the end of the day it is business.

Well to clarify I paid my machine off fully in advance over 4 months ago and I still stick by my trepidation and attempt to be thoughtful and patient.

#2722 3 years ago

And written rulesheet yet?

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

wait, did he record this "legitimate" high score?

To me... "seeing is believing" so lets see the video Karl.... Shows us what you got!!!!

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Well to clarify I paid my machine off fully in advance over 4 months ago and I still stick by my trepidation and attempt to be thoughtful and patient.

What number are you? I don't understand why you paid in full.

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What number are you? I don't understand why you paid in full.

#34. I always pay off my machines ahead of time. I find it eliminates any option to change my mine regardless of economy or timing.

Anyway, just super excited to know I'm weeks away or less from playing

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Forget about Kaneda let talk about production so we can get games in hand. Wisconsin is open.

why not talk about both ?

Kaneda should be getting his game #50 any day now.

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

#34. I always pay off my machines ahead of time. I find it eliminates any option to change my mine regardless of economy or timing.
Anyway, just super excited to know I'm weeks away or less from playing

Oh shit! You should be just around the corner then!

Did you get a butter cab?

#2728 3 years ago

Thread was on fire I thought the line was back on. Anyone hear any info?

#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh shit! You should be just around the corner then!
Did you get a butter cab?

Yes

#2730 3 years ago

Ah, hence the delay for a bit. I'd guess you're right there when they start back up!

#2731 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

why not talk about both ?
Kaneda should be getting his game #50 any day now.

Anyone wanna take bets on this? I'm guessing Kaneda never takes delivery of his game and flips it. Thoughts?

#2732 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Anyone wanna take bets on this? I'm guessing Kaneda never takes delivery of his game and flips it. Thoughts?

I thought he got it, but his apartment would not allow deliveries.

#2733 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

wait, did he record this "legitimate" high score?

To me... "seeing is believing" so lets see the video Karl.... Shows us what you got!!!!

My cameras were setup on WOZ right next to it so no, no video

It was a phenomenal game though. 9 adventures (I've set it to start with zero) and I was actively avoiding lighting the last one as I didn't want the 10th adventure crash with the score I had.

RMscore (resized).jpgRMscore (resized).jpg
#2734 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from iepinball:

It was a phenomenal game though. 9 adventures (I've set it to start with zero) and I was actively avoiding lighting the last one as I didn't want the 10th adventure crash with the score I had.

So you played some of the adventures more than once then?

#2735 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So you played some of the adventures more than once then?

Yes. It's possible to get the same adventure twice in a row due to the random selection, at least on the current code, regardless of the pre-set adventure number.

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Yes. It's possible to get the same adventure twice in a row due to the random selection, at least on the current code, regardless of the pre-set adventure number.

It wasn’t supposed to be possible to repeat and adventure until all of them have been gone through. There were some issues in the selection logic that could let that happen though. Those have been addressed for the next update.

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

It was a phenomenal game though. 9 adventures (I've set it to start with zero) and I was actively avoiding lighting the last one as I didn't want the 10th adventure crash with the score I had.[quoted image]

Damn......

#2738 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

It was a phenomenal game though. 9 adventures (I've set it to start with zero) and I was actively avoiding lighting the last one as I didn't want the 10th adventure crash with the score I had.[quoted image]

Man it must of sounded awesome when the ball drained and 40 mega seeds counted off and then multiplied your bonus.

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

That’s awesome Karl!

I never doubted your skill and ability to achieve that score. You got some serious pinball skill!!!

I just wanted to see more Rick and Morty gameplay because I don’t have my machine yet.

I enjoy watching your streams.

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It wasn’t supposed to be possible to repeat and adventure until all of them have been gone through. There were some issues in the selection logic that could let that happen though. Those have been addressed for the next update.

With COVID-19 happening, I think it's interesting to share some ideas while we wait. @epthegeek's post gave me a couple:

1. What if completion of a given adventure (maybe successfully completed, or just finished), awarded the option to select your dimension the next time you play that specific adventure (activated when it starts). Obviously you couldn't select from all dimensions, but you could either opt choose from feature or higher scoring dimensions, then be given a choice five or so to select from, or just be given 5 to select from. Maybe the duration last for the full mode even, an extended dimension visit.

2. OR as a deeper version of the above. When you complete a mode, get the option to choose one cursed item prize from Mr. Lucius Needful which activates the next time you play the adventure. Awards could be:

-More patient Meeseeks that take longer to get agitated.
-Dimension start and choice (as above).
-Double all timers during the mode.
-Scoring boost to all adventure shots.
-Slam save protection for the duration of the adventure.

I'm sure there are many interesting prize possibilities.

3. Completely separate idea... What about some dimension hopping frenzy multiball.... Basically you sequentially play through 10 random dimensions, each lasting for 20 seconds each before automatically changing. Jackpots increase for each dimension. The goal is to make it to the end (no cradling allowed, or hitting no switches pause the timer) . Hmmm, this could be a suitable unique adventure only selectable when the card is finished. Escape the Council of Ricks video assets would be perfect:

#2741 3 years ago

Im loving the R&M Wendy’s commercial!

#2742 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Im loving the R&M Wendy’s commercial!

Excellent , I would have never seen that except for this thread .

#2747 3 years ago

What is this crap doing in a club thread?

Edit: hmm. Not sure if stuff got pruned or I’m losing my mind.

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What is this crap doing in a club thread?

Aw geez, aw man. The posts were removed, now it’s going to look like this is directed to my idea post

And I thought the dimension hopping multiball could be pretty fun, see how far you can last in a gauntlet of 10 consecutive dimensions before draining down to one ball.

#2749 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Aw geez, aw man. The posts were removed, now it’s going to look like this is directed to my idea post
And I thought the dimension hopping multiball could be pretty fun, see how far you can last in a gauntlet of 10 consecutive dimensions before draining down to one ball.

Well your first two ideas dont work.
The point of the game is not to play the same adventure twice. So for 99% of the games it would force you to make a choice with zero results.

The multiball sounds interesting

#2750 3 years ago

Does Spooky start back up tomorrow????

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Trade
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/55?hl=airball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.