(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 53 minutes ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 405.
#2651 3 years ago

So the lock in the coin door is reference to a ACNC with a loose lock, and they didn't want the game because..... Is that correct?? I think I remember that
If so that's so fitting for r&m, getting all meta up in there

#2652 3 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

So the lock in the coin door is reference to a ACNC with a loose lock, and they didn't want the game because..... Is that correct?? I think I remember that
If so that's so fitting for r&m, getting all meta up in there

Yeah, some dudes game arrived where the screw had come loose on the lock and he threw a fit because he couldn’t figure out how to close the coin door.
It was a really bizarre “Veruca Salt” sort of moment where she was screaming she wanted an Umpa Lumpa.

After that pretty much everybody that received a game (myself included) took pictures of the inside of their coin doors to show their locks were ok. It was pretty hilarious.

#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, some dudes game arrived where the screw had come loose on the lock and he threw a fit because he couldn’t figure out how to close the coin door.
It was a really bizarre “Veruca Salt” sort of moment where she was screaming she wanted an Umpa Lumpa.
After that pretty much everybody that received a game (myself included) took pictures of the inside of their coin doors to show their locks were ok. It was pretty hilarious.

Besides that, to go WAY above and beyond what anyone would do, myself included, instead of telling them to go pound sand, Spooky took the game back! Over a screw! Tell me that isn't customer service. They definitely cut loose a customer that wasn't going to be happy with anything ever. I wonder if he's been banned from buying Spooky games? For their sake, one can only hope.

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Really Amazon....[quoted image]

Its also directly accessible via vimeo no login, should be worldwide.

https://vimeo.com/213474512

#2655 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

out of interest went and found the relevant posts

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/23#post-5099304
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/23#post-5100898

#2656 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Besides that, to go WAY above and beyond what anyone would do, myself included, instead of telling them to go pound sand, Spooky took the game back! Over a screw! Tell me that isn't customer service. They definitely cut loose a customer that wasn't going to be happy with anything ever. I wonder if he's been banned from buying Spooky games? For their sake, one can only hope.

As the owner of a company, is mocking the guy really taking the high road, though? If it's a shitty customer, it's a shitty customer. Humiliating them seems far worse, than someone having an irrational complaint.

Either deal with it tactfully, or refuse to deal with it, and deny their absurd request. Publicly shaming someone, over and over again, feels pretty classless to me.

Anytime I see this subject bandied about as a joke, it has me feeling Spooky isn't entirely as professional as I'd hope they could be.

#2657 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Humiliating them seems far worse, than someone having an irrational complaint.
Either deal with it tactfully, or refuse to deal with it, and deny their absurd request. Publicly shaming someone, over and over again, feels pretty classless to me.

I think this is somewhat of an over reaction. How are they humiliating and shaming them? They never disclosed the person’s name or anything along those lines, and besides that person went into a specialized public forum to air his grief over something exceedingly simple...

I’m glad Spooky has a sense of humor and is building in inside jokes for people who have followed the company for years. No problem with it at all.

#2658 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think this is somewhat of an over reaction. How are they humiliating and shaming them? They never disclosed the person’s name or anything along those lines, and besides that person went into a specialized public forum to air his grief over something exceedingly simple...
I’m glad Spooky has a sense of humor and is building in inside jokes for people who have followed the company for years. No problem with it at all.

I'd say him going on about it, again and again, is quite frankly an over reaction. Customer was an asshat. Try not to compete with them. Rise above and such.

Doesn't seem funny at all to me. I wouldn't want to be that customer, as irrational as they were, they deserve that situation to just lie where it is, not be a banner to be mocked onward and onward.

I only know a bit about the situation, but as an outsider, it doesn't strike confidence in me. Strikes more immaturity and a lack of empathy.

#2659 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Doesn't seem funny at all to me.

Trust me, the problem here is your sense of humor.

#2660 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd say him going on about it, again and again, is quite frankly an over reaction. Customer was an asshat. Try not to compete with them. Rise above and such.
Doesn't seem funny at all to me. I wouldn't want to be that customer, as irrational as they were, they deserve that situation to just lie where it is, not be a banner to be mocked onward and onward.
I only know a bit about the situation, but as an outsider, it doesn't strike confidence in me. Strikes more immaturity and a lack of empathy.

you are not paying attention and take this all way too seriously.

It was Fing hilarious and still is!

The person threw a shit fit about the most insane thing ever. Spooky made nothing big about it at all and took the game back and gave them a full refund.

The COMMUNITY then made fun of the the asshat by repeatedly posting 'unboxing pics" of just the lock tab. Spooky then fed into the lore that is pinball and continued with the fun. I would say anyone that is trying to make a big deal about this is likely in need of a sticker also.

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Trust me, the problem here is your sense of humor.

Quoted from Whysnow:

you are not paying attention and take this all way too seriously.
It was Fing hilarious and still is!
The person threw a shit fit about the most insane thing ever. Spooky made nothing big about it at all and took the game back and gave them a full refund.
The COMMUNITY then made fun of the the asshat by repeatedly posting 'unboxing pics" of just the lock tab. Spooky then fed into the lore that is pinball and continued with the fun. I would say anyone that is trying to make a big deal about this is likely in need of a sticker also.

Apologies for having a differing opinion.

Doesn't matter to me if you agree with me, matters more that you maybe respect an individual for expressing an opinion that's different than your own, which is somewhat the point of a public forum.

People have different views, and that's a good thing. Mine or yours is neither wrong nor right.

Carry on.

#2662 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It is funny.

#2663 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

As the owner of a company, is mocking the guy really taking the high road, though? If it's a shitty customer, it's a shitty customer. Humiliating them seems far worse, than someone having an irrational complaint.
Anytime I see this subject bandied about as a joke, it has me feeling Spooky isn't entirely as professional as I'd hope they could be.

Why do people preface stuff with “I own a company”?
Without knowing what company someone owns and how they run it, that statement means nothing. There are pleanty of companies out there that are run like crap and they are all owned by someone.

That said, I own a company.
I would tell you that 90%+ of you problems come from 10% or less of your customers. They also eat up more of your time, in turn not allowing you to service other costumers or do other business.

In short, if you can cut out the bullshit and problem customers you will run a more affective and successful business.

There are time to be polite and courteous, and there are also time when I have told a client never to contact me again and I don’t want their money.
Life is too short.

#2664 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Why do people preface stuff with “I own a company”?
Without knowing what company someone owns and how they run it, that statement means nothing. There are pleanty of companies out there that are run like crap and they are all owned by someone.
That said, I own a company.
I would tell you that 90%+ of you problems come from 10% or less of your customers. They also eat up more of your time, in turn not allowing you to service other costumers or do other business.
In short, if you can cut out the bullshit and problem customers you will run a more affective and successful business.
There are time to be polite and courteous, and there are also time when I have told a client never to contact me again and I don’t want their money.
Life is too short.

I did not preface my opinion with stating I owned a company. I do not. A question versus a statement.

You may own a company, but given the multitude of spelling errors, I'm guessing/hoping it isn't Dragon Naturally Speaking.

The irony of a statement like "Why do people preface stuff with I own a company..." followed a paragraph later with "I own a company, and....." is not lost on me. That, was funny!

See....I DO have a sense of humor. Agree or disagree here, you guys, are fucking funny!!!

#2665 3 years ago

I don’t own a company and I am sure ready for them to make number 366!!

#2666 3 years ago

Hey epthegeek I’m going to order one of those USB extension cables Whysnow recommended for easy updates. Just looking at my shipping options... when do I need it by??!

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hey epthegeek I’m going to order one of those USB extension cables whysnow recommended for easy updates. Just looking at my shipping options... when do I need it by??!

Get it here....https://www.amazon.com/Extension-AINOPE-Material-Transfer-Compatible/dp/B07ZV6FHWF/ref=sr_1_1

#2668 3 years ago

Oops , wrong thread .

#2669 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Hey epthegeek I’m going to order one of those USB extension cables whysnow recommended for easy updates. Just looking at my shipping options... when do I need it by??!

Points for creativity, but I still can’t answer this question.

#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Nice try though

You think there is only one planned update? Hmmmm

#2671 3 years ago

Holy shit was Episode 7 last night something funny!!

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit was Episode 7 last night something funny!!

"Do you suffer from Alzheimer's?" That shit killed me.

#2673 3 years ago

No spoilers please!!

#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No spoilers please!!

Seems this thread had the same problem last week.

#2675 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Seems this thread had the same problem last week.

I saw the few posts, and they were fine. Just don't go talking about the entire episode in depth

#2676 3 years ago

Did anybody ever find a fix for the weak flipper hold? I turned mine up to High from Medium, but the flippers still slightly lose hold for a moment when taking a hit from a fast pace ball. Flipper power seems fine, all the screws are tight. Starting to wonder if it is more of software issue, oppose to hardware?

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Did anybody ever find a fix for the weak flipper hold? I turned mine up to High from Medium, but the flippers still slightly lose hold for a moment when taking a hit from a fast pace ball. Flipper power seems fine, all the screws are tight. Starting to wonder if it is more of software issue, oppose to hardware?

There's a change in the next release to flipper hold behavior that should help.

#2678 3 years ago

’ “Badger Bounce Back”

#2679 3 years ago

So are The Orange Mega Seeds just how you collect and increase your bonus after each ball?
If so, then how do you increase your bonus multiplier?

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

oh Cool... when did you say that was again?

#2681 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Any fix for the issue of no magnasave while right flipper is held?

#2682 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

So are The Orange Mega Seeds just how you collect and increase your bonus after each ball?
If so, then how do you increase your bonus multiplier?

I don’t believe you increase it.
Every mega seed is 5% if your score if I’m right and just adds up as you get more.

IE- 21 mega seeds would be 105% added bonus?

#2683 3 years ago

I understand that asking opinions about a game in the club thread isn't the best place to get objective answers, but here goes...

I have and love TNA, I'm a pretty good player, and I like (don't love) the R&M show. I'm reasonably confident that I'll like the game, but my question is more about my wife.

She is a casual player at best. She has zero interest in R&M. She also loves TNA, although it's more about the music and lights because she's not very good at it. Is there much chance someone like her is going to like this game? All I see is how brutal/difficult the game is (not a positive for casual players), and most of the compliments have to do with rules (not very important for casual players) and theme integration (also not a positive for people who don't case about the show).

These days, most of the games I play are us playing together. I still play some on my own, but I'm more interested in getting games we both like, with some skew toward games I prefer. I'm currently #300-something for R&M, but I'm having serious concerns about whether this game is worth getting for the both of us.

Can anyone give me some Kool-aid-free opinions about this game for a casual non-R&M audience?

#2684 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I understand that asking opinions about a game in the club thread isn't the best place to get objective answers, but here goes...
I have and love TNA, I'm a pretty good player, and I like (don't love) the R&M show. I'm reasonably confident that I'll like the game, but my question is more about my wife.
She is a casual player at best. She has zero interest in R&M. She also loves TNA, although it's more about the music and lights because she's not very good at it. Is there much chance someone like her is going to like this game? All I see is how brutal/difficult the game is (not a positive for casual players), and most of the compliments have to do with rules (not very important for casual players) and theme integration (also not a positive for people who don't case about the show).
These days, most of the games I play are us playing together. I still play some on my own, but I'm more interested in getting games we both like, with some skew toward games I prefer. I'm currently #300-something for R&M, but I'm having serious concerns about whether this game is worth getting for the both of us.
Can anyone give me some Kool-aid-free opinions about this game for a casual non-R&M audience?

I think you have valid concerns. My wife is a (very) casual player that likes the show, so the funny callouts and taunts pull her back in when frustration hits (pop bumper just missing the slam save, or having already used up the slam save). She is able to hit the garage, loop the orbit two or three times, hit the center scoop, charge the flooble crank (like a boss). On average, she starts at least two modes in a 3-ball game. Gets multiball once every other game or so. She has complained the game is tough but she also complains about tftc and RFM being hard.

Prior to the pandemic, we'd drop about $20 a week on this game locally (we are #258 btw). Hope that helps.

#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Many legitimate concerns. Fast play is an understatement lol. We have a similar yet possible reverse situation at our house. My wife Loves the theme and to her thats all she needs to enjoy it. I personally have seen one episode so I appreciate the integration but love the gameplay. I will make you an offer to consider. As long as you both mask up for everyones safety feel free to shoot me a PM and you can swing by (about 25 minutes away) and see if you both like it. Play as many games as you like and decide for yourself. I'll even provide some hand sanitizer lol. This is a tough game to judge or review. I suspect in just a few dozen plays you will both know your answer. We are home most of next week, just let me know.

#2686 3 years ago

I don't think the shots are any more difficult than any other pin honestly. The difference is where the shots are located. They are in unconventional places. You will get frustrated with it, because at times, you won't be able to find your stride. But when you do, the shots flow as well as any other game. With the tweaks to the inner loop, it becomes repeatable and feels really good. Finding it might be tricky, but you get a feel for it, as well as the other shots.

With that said, your wife might find an easy shooter more approachable. There's a reason why games like AFM and MM are always ranked high. You can have an "off" day and still feel like a pinball-god because the shots are relatively easy to make. I held on to SM for that reason. I'd have a tough game on TWD, then move to SM so that I could pad my ego a bit. It's good to have an easy game or two, but I personally like games that play on the harder side. It takes a bit of adjustment, even now, if I play a Stern game, then move to R&M.

#2687 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

...no....just...no! This is absolutely not a casual player's game! IMO of course.

I play occasionally with my GF who was an arcade rat in the 80's and loved Firepower back in the day. I have TNA, too....and she loves that probably more than any other game I have in my man cave, including AFM.

She *hates* R&M. Which is no harm, no foul because we're not married and in our mid 50's with our own kids, our own separate houses, etc.

But if I was married and making a mutual decision involving potentially shared finances for the intention of playing together? I would not purchase R&M with any hope of sharing it with my casual-playing wife.

#2688 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As long as you both mask up for everyones safety feel free to shoot me a PM and you can swing by (about 25 minutes away) and see if you both like it. Play as many games as you like and decide for yourself.

This is awesome. Kudos to you sir.

#2689 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

...no....just...no! This is absolutely not a casual player's game! IMO of course.
I play occasionally with my GF who was an arcade rat in the 80's and loved Firepower back in the day. I have TNA, too....and she loves that probably more than any other game I have in my man cave, including AFM.
She *hates* R&M. Which is no harm, no foul because we're not married and in our mid 50's with our own kids, our own separate houses, etc.
But if I was married and making a mutual decision involving potentially shared finances for the intention of playing together? I would not purchase R&M with any hope of sharing it with my casual-playing wife.

I have to agree, unless someone is a big fan of the show. I could see this game drawing in a casual player who loves the show. I do think based on the original posters comment about his wife loving the TNA lightshow and sound, I think R&M could fit that bill. Scott does lights and sound like nobody else. My advice is just play it. Especially if you aren't sure.

Personally, I think the game is brutal, but it kept me playing for hours the one afternoon I played it. I could definitely see it defeating a casual players (I felt like it kicked my ass, and i play quite a bit), but even getting my ass kicked on it was a blast.

#2690 3 years ago

You can adjust your settings and make just about any game easier to play for the non-serious flipper.

Current girlfriend gets her ass handed to her on FT regulary and she can get pretty abusive towards it (language), but she keeps hitting Start and won't hear talk of me dumbing it down for her.

If your wife likes to flip with you, she'll like just about any game you guys play together.

#2691 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is awesome. Kudos to you sir.

Just helping spread the addiction. lol This really is a game that need to be experienced in my opinion. The videos help but the content, sound, lighting, and code are so immersive you really need to play it to understand. Plus we enjoy meeting like interests in the hobby to share the fun. With that new code update coming so soon we are ready for the next adventure!!!

#2692 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I will make you an offer to consider. As long as you both mask up for everyones safety feel free to shoot me a PM and you can swing by (about 25 minutes away) and see if you both like it. Play as many games as you like and decide for yourself. I'll even provide some hand sanitizer lol.

I really appreciate this, and may take you up on it once things pass (which presumably will still be long before I get my game). We've been pretty strict when it comes to social distancing / quarantining and have had to turn down visiting my parents for their own safety. I would feel out of alignment telling my parents it's too risky to get together, but then I go to someone's house for pinball.

That said, pandemic aside, I'd love to make some local pinball acquaintances. I have a decent collection and none of our friends really care about pinball, so finding like-minds in the area would be nice.

#2693 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I really appreciate this, and may take you up on it once things pass (which presumably will still be long before I get my game). We've been pretty strict when it comes to social distancing / quarantining and have had to turn down visiting my parents for their own safety. I would feel out of alignment telling my parents it's too risky to get together, but then I go to someone's house for pinball.
That said, pandemic aside, I'd love to make some local pinball acquaintances. I have a decent collection and none of our friends really care about pinball, so finding like-minds in the area would be nice.

Sounds great, look us up anytime. Looking at your collection compared to mine it looks like you’ll experience many new titles. Stay safe.

#2694 3 years ago

Heard a roumour Wisconsin supreme court ruled lockdown invalid? .... does this mean Spooky will be able to get the line running again sometime soon?

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Heard a roumour Wisconsin supreme court ruled lockdown invalid? .... does this mean Spooky will be able to get the line running again sometime soon?

Yep wisconsin is officially open for business and all businesses can lawfully resume normal operations effective immediately. It's up to spooky though as to when they want to reopen or begin building pins again.

#2696 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yep wisconsin is officially open for business and all businesses can lawfully resume normal operations effective immediately. It's up to spooky though as to when they want to reopen or begin building pins again.

Good news!!

#2697 3 years ago

Hopefully Spooky starts cranking games out soon.
I bet they a ready to open .

Hopefully a update soon.

#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I wanted to ask something like this too, I asked about TNA before I got it and got hammered by one person who got his feeling hurt apparently it's not ok to ask questions (according to this guy)? I just wanted to get some feedback, in the end I got TNA and love it.

My main question about R&M had to do with how the shots (Kenada) said were not great geometry or they didn't feel satisfying etc.. and whenever I watched streams the game didn't pass the eye test as far as flow but the rest of the game looks great.

I think maybe this will relate to TWD in my experience in that it has some difficult (unusual) shots and is quite brutal but once I got to play it, that is part of the charm that it's not a 100% makeable shooter like SM.

also I watched this video and the game seems to play very well, I know this guy is a great player (so is Jack Danger) but the game really looks to shoot well better than any other gameplay footage I have seen (hopefully it'll be able to get it to play like this).

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

(Kenada) said were not great geometry

stopped reading with that...

sorry but that guy is a Fing mornon. Does he even own a pinball machine?
He definitely does not play pinball and is not the guy to look for opinions on anything besides how to man handle a woman when you have insecurity issues to make yourself feel better.

#2700 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry but that guy is a Fing mornon. Does he even own a pinball machine

What is with this needing to own a pinball machine elitism? It’s a lazy way of trying to invalidate an opinion. You’re better than that.

But to @rai’s question, funny you should mention Walking Dead. When I played Rick and Morty, I though of existing pins, it was closest to a cross between TNA and Walking Dead - and I intend that as a compliment.

Spooky is supposedly adjusting the way they put the pins together to accommodate for some of the flow issues that have emerged. Whysnow and a few others on this thread have been quite helpful in play testing the pin in the field and seeing what tweaks improve shots. I wouldn’t let these concerns dissuade you, worst case, you should be able to resell the pin if you don’t like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 13,500.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/54?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.