(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 405.
#2501 3 years ago

Eric Priepke is awesome !

#2502 3 years ago

I started to airbrush my rick and morty.
I don’t like the purple on the machine, for me green looks much better (the green parts becomes a design like the portal)

The apron I made black, to match better the color from the inside decals and Playfield.

First step is the apron.
And step by step the rest in the next weeks

3F3A6DE7-571E-4753-844D-84B965C126B5 (resized).jpeg3F3A6DE7-571E-4753-844D-84B965C126B5 (resized).jpeg6E6E3A8A-5D36-4C83-9EEC-FE6CDC44BCFD (resized).jpeg6E6E3A8A-5D36-4C83-9EEC-FE6CDC44BCFD (resized).jpeg7957B2FB-FAA1-4A18-A7F6-D20310779900 (resized).jpeg7957B2FB-FAA1-4A18-A7F6-D20310779900 (resized).jpegD02C61F9-C1BD-47A5-817D-A5B68B89BD4E (resized).jpegD02C61F9-C1BD-47A5-817D-A5B68B89BD4E (resized).jpeg
#2503 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

I don’t like the purple on the machine, for me green looks much better (the green parts becomes a design like the portal)
The apron I made black, to match better the color from the inside decals and Playfield.
First step is the apron.
And step by step the rest in the next weeks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the green , a bit Ghostbusters LE but I also like the purple , tough choice .

#2504 3 years ago

Green looks sweet!

#2505 3 years ago

Oh,brother!! I sure don't wanna have to "upgrade" any lane guides! You peeps just seem to take this as part of the fun?I say,I've had enough of trying to make a expensive toy work correctly! No,I'm not crying,or bashing,just a older guy who remembers what its like to buy a pin and have it shoot right out of the box!! For example,my ST Pre played perfect. My GB Pre needed a new standoff on right ramp My B66LE was a mess and My DPLE was perfect! So it seems to be crap shoot!The guy who designed this thing said he did NOT design these rails this way! He said Spooky changed up,no explanation!

#2506 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

First step is the apron.
And step by step the rest in the next weeks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That apron looks amazing!

#2507 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Oh,brother!! I sure don't wanna have to "upgrade" any lane guides! You peeps just seem to take this as part of the fun?I say,I've had enough of trying to make a expensive toy work correctly! No,I'm not crying,or bashing,just a older guy who remembers what its like to buy a pin and have it shoot right out of the box!! For example,my ST Pre played perfect. My GB Pre needed a new standoff on right ramp My B66LE was a mess and My DPLE was perfect! So it seems to be crap shoot!The guy who designed this thing said he did NOT design these rails this way! He said Spooky changed up,no explanation!

Just to clarify what is going on here. Some people were having rattling issues with these shots since I over-engineered the guide rails to be too stiff on ball impact points. This was resolved by people removing a couple screws on the guide rail tabs on early games. Even out of the box, the game is great. I am not sure who you asked about the guide rails, but spooky did not change the rails on R&M from the CAD I provided them. The only change is them now removing the unnecessary tabs on the guide rails as people found it plays better without them. I can assure you that the team is watching and making necessary adjustments to make the game the best it can be. I am sorry you are not happy with your game.
--Scott

#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am sorry you are not happy with your game.

I'm not sure he has a game. That's kind of part why this thread has been derailed and lack of enjoyment overall from this thread. The owners are saying it's not a big deal, the non-owners are saying otherwise.

You made a GREAT game! The loop is the only thing that requires a bit more fine tuning, but the challenge is there. Honestly, that was the only frustrating thing about the layout, but now that I've worked it out, it plays so well.

And just a suggestion, I would have Spooky keep the tabs there, just not screw them in. If the future owner wants to make the loop more arc-like in shape and "plant" it in, they can do that. What I would be afraid of, is that the loop still won't shoot smoothly even without the screws there, and the needed anchor points are missing to keep the roundness.

I took the screws out of my loop and wasn't 100% happy with the shot flow. The curve wouldn't "stay put." I took the plunge to increase the arc in that loop and drill holes further back, and now it's great.

Once people get their games and start flipping and fine tuning to their likes, I'm hopeful this thread will get back on track.

#2509 3 years ago

Meanwhile I’m patiently waiting for the shop to open back up and machines starting to get built again.
I can’t friggin wait.
Damn COVID

#2510 3 years ago

Just to clarify what is going on here. Some people were having rattling issues with these shots since I over-engineered the guide rails to be too stiff on ball impact points. This was resolved by people removing a couple screws on the guide rail tabs on early games. Even out of the box, the game is great. I am not sure who you asked about the guide rails, but spooky did not change the rails on R&M from the CAD I provided them. The only change is them now removing the unnecessary tabs on the guide rails as people found it plays better without them. I can assure you that the team is watching and making necessary adjustments to make the game the best it can be. I am sorry you are not happy with your game.
--Scott

Scott please leave the tabs in place without screwing them down. This will give the owners some options if they want to increase the curvature a bit more if desired.

More options = always better.

Thanks

#2511 3 years ago

--Scott

That's all I been waiting to hear, 5 pages of people ranting back and forth with opinions. I assumed Spooky was taking note and making adjustments as needed but good to hear confirmation!

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That's all I been waiting to hear, 5 pages of people ranting back and forth with opinions. I assumed Spooky was taking note and making adjustments as needed but good to hear confirmation!

that is one of the bets parts about Spooky! they listen, take ownership, and adjust where needed.

#2513 3 years ago

Scott, your game is great!

So...
BE9366E6-3F2F-4A4C-9376-41657FDF3058 (resized).jpegBE9366E6-3F2F-4A4C-9376-41657FDF3058 (resized).jpeg

#2515 3 years ago

Your beats are fuckin sick too

#2517 3 years ago

--Scott

You only got like, 20 more months of quarantine to get it right!

#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaceecho87:

I tried checking spookys website and it seems to be down. I check it everyday for new code.[quoted image]

secure and World Headquarters address updated (to across the street).

#2519 3 years ago

Found a ball trap! it must have flown there during multiball.

20200427_163755 (resized).jpg20200427_163755 (resized).jpg
#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Found a ball trap! it must have flown there during multiball.[quoted image]

I cant wait to have this problem

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Green looks sweet!

I agree! I wonder, is it too late for Spooky to make it an option? (Can o' worms with the already delivered ones, though, I suppose.)

#2522 3 years ago

Does anyone know the rule or protocol for the Slam Save? Does it only give you a save if it hits that Mean pop bumper and high speed drains without a flip or is it somehow awarded? I have gotten it randomly but really could use it more often lol.

#2523 3 years ago

Apron nearly finished
Next step the green portal parts

2E48463B-D0E5-4E3C-BB50-C47554C06982 (resized).jpeg2E48463B-D0E5-4E3C-BB50-C47554C06982 (resized).jpegEA14C7BF-A7FB-44BE-9299-635AFD6F23A8 (resized).jpegEA14C7BF-A7FB-44BE-9299-635AFD6F23A8 (resized).jpeg5C14EA39-DC70-415A-8875-5B9A7AC3B9E1 (resized).jpeg5C14EA39-DC70-415A-8875-5B9A7AC3B9E1 (resized).jpeg

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Does anyone know the rule or protocol for the Slam Save? Does it only give you a save if it hits that Mean pop bumper and high speed drains without a flip or is it somehow awarded? I have gotten it randomly but really could use it more often lol.

It has to drain immediately for it to register the slam save.

If the ball bounces off anything it goes over the very small window of time you have for it to register.

I’m pretty sure that’s how it works and I remember Scott saying (on a stream) the time is like a second.

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

And just a suggestion, I would have Spooky keep the tabs there, just not screw them in. If the future owner wants to make the loop more arc-like in shape and "plant" it in, they can do that. What I would be afraid of, is that the loop still won't shoot smoothly even without the screws there, and the needed anchor points are missing to keep the roundness.
I took the screws out of my loop and wasn't 100% happy with the shot flow. The curve wouldn't "stay put." I took the plunge to increase the arc in that loop and drill holes further back, and now it's great.

I agree. I hope all Spooky is doing isn't just removing the screws from the inner loop and removing the tabs that go along with it. The game plays so much better with Karl's adjustments. I hope Spooky takes a really close look at it and responds accordingly.

#2526 3 years ago

Fixed most of the top loop rattlers. I had done the mod of pushing the rail out at screw 3 per @yelobird. It helped the shot greatly, but was still rattling often at the top of the loop. Then Scott said he had over built the rail (too stiff due to the screws). I took out screws 2,3,4. The rail stayed more curved because I had remove the post protector per Yelobird and had slightly curved the rail. All this gave the rail slightly more curve and more flexing without the screws.

Now, if I hit the loop right, very little to no rattle...just a nice smooth shot. Still a hard shot, but no more pulling my hair out (As you can see from my avatar I’ve played a lot of R&M in quarantine) with rejects that should have been good shots.

We love this game, and the wife and I can’t stop playing it. Bring on the code update and more dimensions!

#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I agree. I hope all Spooky is doing isn't just removing the screws from the inner loop and removing the tabs that go along with it. The game plays so much better with Karl's adjustments. I hope Spooky takes a really close look at it and responds accordingly.

I had similar hopes, that spooky would keep an eye on this thread (which they do) and maybe try to improve the shape of the rails and the mounting points. But then I feel things got crazy with little consensus. Although it seems the majority fell on the side of hoping future builds would be improved, there were some very vocal and persistent posts to leave the game as designed. So I wonder if Spooky will make the decision to stay out of the fray in this case? I hope I'm wrong, but regardless, the pin is amazing, and those of us who want to make any changes (as documented by others) can do so. Flip on!

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I had similar hopes, that spooky would keep an eye on this thread (which they do) and maybe try to improve the shape of the rails and the mounting points. But then I feel things got crazy with little consensus. Although it seems the majority fell on the side of hoping future builds would be improved, there were some very vocal and persistent posts to leave the game as designed. So I wonder if Spooky will make the decision to stay out of the fray in this case. I hope I'm wrong, but regardless, the pin is amazing, and those of us who want to make any changes (as documented by others) can do so. Flip on!

And you are correct. A little adjustment and this is a smooth, fast shooter. Early games take some adjustment. If you don’t like that, don’t buy early.

#2529 3 years ago

--Scott

My game is very early and I have made no adjustments to the spinner loop. I am not a great player and I can rip the spinner almost at will, some times 3 loops in a row. The garage shot is more difficult for me but it is make able. There must be a very slight variance in the shot geometry in some games.

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Found a ball trap! it must have flown there during multiball.[quoted image]

Could you put a post with a rubber on it right there?

#2531 3 years ago

Anyone been game enough to remove this post and see how it opens up both shots? Obviously damage to ramp becomes an issue, but maybe a George Gomez style blue nub of death would have worked. Maybe even moving the post right up against the ramp.

D4853174-4F22-4966-8D19-FFD6A3717795 (resized).jpegD4853174-4F22-4966-8D19-FFD6A3717795 (resized).jpeg
#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone been game enough to remove this post and see how it opens up both shots? Obviously damage to ramp becomes an issue, but maybe a George Gomez style blue nub of death would have worked. Maybe even moving the post right up against the ramp.[quoted image]

That post really has no effect on the garage shot yet does well to protect the ramp.

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That post really has no effect on the garage shot yet does well to protect the ramp.

Agree Yelobird - now I look at the long shot from the RH lower flipper it is hidden behind the left loop entrance. Possibly it opens up the garage shot a bit from the upper RH flipper, but not as much as I originally thought.

#2534 3 years ago

I've found the garage shot is highly dependent on the upper flipper alignment. If the flipper is further off of the rail, the garage shot becomes more difficult. If it's lined just right, it becomes a late shot with a decent sized window. It's not possible to hit the garage from the bottom right flipper. Removing the post won't do much other can open up the ramp to damage.

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Could you put a post with a rubber on it right there?

If it continues to become a thing, I'll probably do that. It's only happened once thus far, so I'm going to chalk it up as a fluke, but, it did lead me to check my other games, and each of them did not have that space there, so there's that.

#2536 3 years ago

So,as we all can see,many owners are already modifying a brand new pin!It seems other adjustments must also be made! And no,I don't have my pin yet,will be next year before #499 hits the assembly line!

#2537 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's not possible to hit the garage from the bottom right flipper. Removing the post won't do much other can open up the ramp to damage.

Wasn’t talking about hitting garage from lower right flipper - it’s obvious that’s not possible.

Anyway, will definitely try when I get my game...probably just remove the rubber first and see.

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

So,as we all can see,many owners are already modifying a brand new pin!It seems other adjustments must also be made! And no,I don't have my pin yet,will be next year before #499 hits the assembly line!

It seems you are either well prepared or very lucky that your machine will have all this criticism months if not years before you have to worry about it.

Whew...

#2539 3 years ago

Just because an owner is modifying a machine does not automatically mean that whatever "modifications" they may be making are reasonable, or actually required, at all.

To them, they may be "required" so they they can enjoy Their game in their Way, that is their personal choice. Majority of others seem to be having no problem making the shots, at all. Tough games are of course not to the enjoyment of all kinds of players or levels, but at the end of the day this is supposed to be a Tough game. That's all.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

#2540 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Just because an owner is modifying a machine does not automatically mean that whatever "modifications" they may be making are reasonable, or actually required, at all.
To them, they may be "required" so they they can enjoy Their game in their Way, that is their personal choice. Majority of others seem to be having no problem making the shots, at all. Tough games are of course not to the enjoyment of all kinds of players or levels, but at the end of the day this is supposed to be a Tough game. That's all.

So, when I first read this I took some offense. “I like tough games!” “I’m just improving the shots, not making them easy!” Then I took a step back. This is a good statement. It is a personal choice. Make your game the way you like it. Scott has said some things needed a little tweak, but nobody has to do anything. You paid a lot of money and thus, you should make it how you want to like what you bought. To the people saying that it’s not made correctly, they are wrong. Until they’ve put a few hundred (at minimum a few dozen) games on, they really don’t know how much they will enjoy or not enjoy it.

And if you don’t like it, adjust it until you do, or sell it and buy something you do like.

#2541 3 years ago

Whoa hold on is "rail gate" over? Wondering if we are going to see an adventure where you un-curse objects and beat the shit out of the devil or maybe defeat snakes and help time traveling testicle monsters. Form a crew and do random shots to defeat heist-o-tron. The possibilities are awesome. Really excited to see implementation of rickmancing the stone. Blood dome!!

#2542 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

Whoa hold on is "rail gate" over?

I hope so. It was becoming a real drag.

Definitely cant wait to see new adventures and dimensions! As much as I love what's already in there, riding the Whirly Dirly over and over again gets a little stale.

#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I hope so. It was becoming a real drag.
Definitely cant wait to see new adventures and dimensions! As much as I love what's already in there, riding the Whirly Dirly over and over again gets a little stale.

I must admit...I’m really looking forward to new adventures. That said, I’ve been on a dimension kick. I’ve seen many, but not 17, and looking forward to more...after all, that’s how you get more megaseeds! Plus, I love the different light show, music, and shots. I do love this game!

#2544 3 years ago

Jeeeezuz! Move your rails or don’t. Get over it if everyone is not in your camp. If you like clunky, rattly shot rejects and think that was Scott’s intention and want to leave it that way, good for you. If you prefer a smoother shooting experience and know how to make it do, thank you for sharing your ideas. We’ve beaten this to death. Get over needing to be right. If you’ve got suggestions that you think improve the quality of play, please post them. Others, please shut the fuck up already with your need to counter every suggestion that Spooky may have produced something that is not perfect in everyone’s eyes. Nothing is.

#2545 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Jeeeezuz! Move your rails or don’t. Get over it if everyone is not in your camp. If you like clunky, rattly shot rejects and think that was Scott’s intention and want to leave it that way, good for you. If you prefer a smoother shooting experience and know how to make it do, thank you for sharing your ideas. We’ve beaten this to death. Get over needing to be right. If you’ve got suggestions that you think improve the quality of play, please post them. Others, please shut the fuck up already with your need to counter every suggestion that Spooky may have produced something that is not perfect in everyone’s eyes. Nothing is.

Couldn’t agree more... well said sir!

50D97408-5C1B-4F4A-95D7-9843D041B7AA (resized).jpeg50D97408-5C1B-4F4A-95D7-9843D041B7AA (resized).jpeg
#2546 3 years ago

Doubt the secret will ever be shared on How but I must say after a hundred ish games this Playfield still looks like new. No dimple debate needed just can’t believe how perfect these Playfields are. Love it. Some kind of secret Spooky sauce. Lol

#2547 3 years ago

If you take some of the screws out of the spinner loop rail, the slight flexing it does, as the ball goes by, can scratch the clear if any part of the rail is touching the playfield. Make sure you put a thin pad under one of the tabs to make sure the rail isn’t touching the playfield. FYI.

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If you take some of the screws out of the spinner loop rail, the slight flexing it does, as the ball goes by, can scratch the clear if any part of the rail is touching the playfield. Make sure you put a thin pad under one of the tabs to make sure the rail isn’t touching the playfield. FYI.

What did you use? I’m thinking a very small piece of Mylar?

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Would something like the cliffy that was made for the Deadpool rail work?

#2550 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Would something like the cliffy that was made for the Deadpool rail work?

Possibly. Send a pic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.