(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 405.
#2401 3 years ago

epthegeek Eric while you’re here, does the horseshoe loop and scoop ball saver in the settings currently do nothing in the most recent code? If so, is it going to be functional in the next version? Thanks!

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I shouldn’t be getting in this fray; the hardware is not my end really, BUT ...
In the case of the garage shot, if you pull screw 2 and 3 the next attachment point is very far in the back and it 100% becomes a shock absorber.

Totally agree on that rail. No question as its very long and that does help. We are discussing?? the center loop.

#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally agree on that rail. No question as its very long and that does help. We are discussing?? the center loop.

Same principle exactly. Just the depth that varies!

#2404 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Tbh I haven't followed that aspect of the discussion just yet? .... I was just pointing out that from my observations of stream gameplay, which is no less visibility of flow than real life, just removing the screws alone makes sufficient improvement. That's observation of what happened. The part that is my view, is that it is enough (just removing the screws) to be playable/enjoyable. To me severe alterations, like in the order of half an inch, are "hacks".
If people reason that they want to drill new holes wherever, it is their option to do that. I will just go with the holes provided by Spooky.
I'd have to try to understand what the point is around the image you're talking about ....

Who cares about stream play. In those photos were both games layed out the same or not?

#2405 3 years ago

Someone else's game?

I'm confused... have we read all the same responses?

I'm not going to speak for origins of stuff and things that other people post.

Railgate! .. 2020's storm in a teacup! Lol

#2406 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

epthegeek Eric while you’re here, does the horseshoe loop and scoop ball saver in the settings currently do nothing in the most recent code? If so, is it going to be functional in the next version? Thanks!

Yes - broken in 03.17, fixed in the next update.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Ah, my bad. Carry on then.

#2407 3 years ago

I have an idea to resolve the best setup question and positioning for Spooky to include on future games and this is based on actual results.

Yelobird to make a video showing max number of loop shots with His preferred settings. Then return game to stock setting and again video maximum number. Spend a few hours to be sure and get your best. Maybe the results are 6 and 2.

Troz to make a video showing max number of loop shots with His preferred settings. Then return game to stock setting and again video maximum number. Spend a few hours to be sure and get your best. Maybe the results are 5 and 2.

Whysnow to make a video showing max number of loop shots with His preferred settings. Then return game to stock setting and again video maximum number. Spend a few hours to be sure and get your best. Maybe the results are 3 and 2.

All three folks should be able to make the same maximum number on the default setting video and this experiment will bore that out. The maximum number videos reflect what is possible for each setup. Finally, Spooky to weigh in on what They intend to do and explain what we can expect. I believe Yelobird’s choices may prove to be the best way to go. A concern I have is that it appears after making Yelobird’s changes, unpainted wood is exposed. Does that mean Spooky needs to shift the black ink on future playfields to cover the bare area. Yelobird’s can you take a pic with rail moved rail and whether you can see any unpainted area along the rail?

#2408 3 years ago

Do we know any more about the defraculation grenades in Purge? ... how are they used?

#2409 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, Last try here lol. #Whysnow I have not made any statements or claims that you were not telling the truth. I don't Think that is your intention to help. Is it Possible however that (you had an earlier game) that your view and opinion is based on something Different then WE are receiving??? For clarity (and the engineers of the group) Here is a picture of YOUR rail (with your suggested moves) along with OUR games in green (Stock Unmodified!). Please focus on the Primary end screw and tab location by the bulb. You either Moved that screw hole location OR your game had the hole drilled at Least 5/16" back further! Look clearly at the slot and where your tab meets bulb and how close it is to the square ramp cutout. Yours is Clearly Way further back And almost touching the bulb. SOO, is it Possible your game is NOT what we are getting and Maybe not correct?? I am fine with saying your may be ok (even though you did a write up to move the rail) but I can assure you the games are Not the same hole locations. Or you moved it! Can we at Least agree, Your game is Different!!! Also notice where Our rail lines up with the Paint compared to yours..... Possible???
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that is interesting. Yelobird thanks for sharing!

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Wow, that is interesting. yelobird thanks for sharing!

Just trying to help others. I tap out. lol Going to watch the Troz gameplay video tonight and see if I can figure out how he gathers so many dam seeds!

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just trying to help others. I tap out. lol Going to watch the Troz gameplay video tonight and see if I can figure out how he gathers so many dam seeds!

Yeah, whether @whysnow’s game or not, the screws seem to be drilled in different places, factory or not.

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Do we know any more about the defraculation grenades in Purge? ... how are they used?

It’s the inner loop shot. Lit arrow is blue if you have any. Make the shot and it kills the farthest right local with a bit of bonus points added in.

#2413 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'll be live in a little over an hour if you want to watch there

#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Any way for you to enable Low Res Viewing?

I can't watch your Streams for the Native Only Resolution.

#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Any way for you to enable Low Res Viewing?

I can't watch your Streams for the Native Only Resolution.

That's up to Twitch, if I get transcoding options or not, when I connect. I go out at 720p60 @ 3000mbps, basically the lowest I can for 60fps.

#2416 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Absolutely! And sincerely thanks for doing these videos. Not sure if you've done others but you have a good layout, play Way better then I do, and you share some really valuable game detail which is very helpful. Thanks!!

Do you know what code you will be playing on? I am downloading 3/17 now not that I can play along but just so I am roughly on the same page...

#2417 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yeah, whether whysnow’s game or not, the screws seem to be drilled in different places, factory or not.

That’s been the whole point from the get go! Two completely different locations.
Sorry for coming on too strong Razorsedge but this discussion was never about the video gameplay.
It’s literally a different location of a drill hole which may have been just for a few games.

Jonesjb gets it!!!

You never should’ve said a word Yelobird. Thanks for fixing my game though.

#2418 3 years ago

Just going to say that I spent the last couple hours making the adjustments to the loop (pulling out the rail to make it more round and add more curvature, which does include drilling new holes) and I gotta say, its 100% worth it. Not only does it open up the loop shot a bit, it also makes the loop really smooth.

If Spooky can do this while assembling future games, that would make new owners very happy. Plus, no visible screw holes. This game is no longer as frustrating anymore. Now it's really just me playing better vs the game rejecting loop shots.

I would certainly recommend current owners doing this.

Thanks again iepinball and Yelobird

#2419 3 years ago

For all you guys drastically changing your loop rail, make sure your loop switch above the spinner still registers roll-bys

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just going to say that I spent the last couple hours making the adjustments to the loop (pulling out the rail to make it more round and add more curvature, which does include drilling new holes) and I gotta say, its 100% worth it. Not only does it open up the loop shot a bit, it also makes the loop really smooth.
If Spooky can do this while assembling future games, that would make new owners very happy. Plus, no visible screw holes. This game is no longer as frustrating anymore. Now it's really just me playing better vs the game rejecting loop shots.
I would certainly recommend current owners doing this.
Thanks again Troz and yelobird

Awesome congrats. Will say the only negative for me on this game is how Lightning fast it is. Frick!! Not sure what other Average players are getting on this but for me embarrassingly I have taped out just over 6 million. Some games I simply feel like the ball is moving twice as fast lol. Also, old guy question.... At a sound level of just 4 this game (in a good way) rattles the glasses on the bar. Just how loud do most play?? Rather fun now and Really can't wait to see how code progresses granted whats there seems more then solid.

#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For all you guys drastically changing your loop rail, make sure your loop switch above the spinner still registers roll-bys

Nothing drastic and the switch is on the Inner right side of the loop which is unaffected by correction.

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nothing drastic and the switch is on the Inner right side of the loop which is unaffected by correction.

Yes, but people are pulling the outside rail away, which changes the arc and path of the ball. I’m just saying you should make sure that as the ball rolls on that outer rail it still activates the switch. Software needs the ball to register there in either direction to work right.

#2423 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes, but people are pulling the outside rail away, which changes the arc and path of the ball. I’m just saying you should make sure that as the ball rolls on that outer rail it still activates the switch. Software needs the ball to register there in either direction to work right.

As far as, I can tell it still does.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yep. Perfectly centered now. Actually got my First super spinner award and hit it finally. Loving it.

#2425 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Gosh Yelobird, maybe we should set the game back up the way it was. Maybe it’s not what Spooky “intended it to be”. Maybe it was meant to have rejected loop shots over and over. I guess I’m weird.

#2426 3 years ago

Good advice on the switch, but the rail has not been moved that much. Switch works perfectly. I still get some rattlers at the top and figured out that if I hit the loop wrong (speed and angle) the rail near the top of the loop causes the ball to rattle due to the angle it hits the rail at. The ball then stops and rolls backward because it doesn’t make it far enough around. It should be noted, this was much worse before the adjustments were made.

I didn’t do this to make the game “easier”, but more enjoyable. From the sounds of it, the install of the rails can very slightly, which will definitely change the physics of how the game works. I feel I just made it work how Scott wanted it. It’s still a hard shot and I get plenty of rejects. This has taking me several hundred games to get good at, along with the tweaks. I can’t wait for the new code!

#2427 3 years ago

Hopefully spooky makes some tweaks on the line.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Good advice on the switch, but the rail has not been moved that much. Switch works perfectly. I still get some rattlers at the top and figured out that if I hit the loop wrong (speed and angle) the rail near the top of the loop causes the ball to rattle due to the angle it hits the rail at. The ball then stops and rolls backward because it doesn’t make it far enough around. It should be noted, this was much worse before the adjustments were made.
I didn’t do this to make the game “easier”, but more enjoyable. From the sounds of it, the install of the rails can very slightly, which will definitely change the physics of how the game works. I feel I just made it work how Scott wanted it. It’s still a hard shot and I get plenty of rejects. This has taking me several hundred games to get good at, along with the tweaks. I can’t wait for the new code!

I look forward to your review of the upper loop. Thanks for sharing.

#2429 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Umm ... by making the spinner shot to Charge Portal a Gimme. Next question.

How about if Spooky just make it an option.... one layout for pinballers, and the optional "easy" layout for any seal flippers that want a gimme game....

I trust the Spooky team to analyse the thread and other info, be it sense or nonsense ... make any changes they see fit, and deliver us/me another fantastic game!

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

How about if Spooky just make it an option.... one layout for pinballers, and the optional "easy" layout for the seal flippers that want a gimme game....
I trust the Spooky team to analyse the thread and other info, be it sense or nonsense ... make any changes they see fit, and deliver us/me another fantastic game!

Trust me...it’s far from “easy”, and with 17 plus dimensions, I think it’s not suppose to be a rarity to make.

#2431 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Trust me...it’s far from “easy”, and with 17 plus dimensions, I think it’s not suppose to be a rarity to make.

The problem of the shot being made does not appear to be to do with the rail below the spinner (where radical changes have been made), that is improved well enough by removing screws from what I have seen. The rattle at the diverter transition that stops clean shots, is the issue that was remaining in the 14th April stream. That would get frustrating when it happens so often.

I'm confident I will be extremely happy with what I pull out of the Spooky box.

#2432 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm confident I will be extremely happy with what I pull out of the Spooky box.

Me too. They are a great company and R&M is an incredible game. Bolted to the floor for me...and it will kick your ass. One game I get less than half a million, and the next is an 8 million point game.

#2433 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

drill holes

heheheh... OH NOES!

Look, I'm not saying I disagree with the "ideal sentiment" speech -- however... I often like to valence life issues into fixable and unfixable problems.

This one too is so fixable -- and the "by whom" is many people!

1. I realize not everyone has the manual-dexterity/patience/physics-IQ to handle free drilling on a PF -- but you likely know a friend who will gladly do it for you.

2. These kind of adjustments are STANDARD to me on 70's-80's solid states where Williams/Bally/Gottlieb FACTORY made these mistakes. The main goal was making coin for the vendors, not ball hop perfection.

We are nowhere near the level of "unfixability" here that we've seen recently with clearcoat issues from several "other" vendors.

DRILL AND FILL BABY!

You modern NIB buyers really crack me up sometimes!
-mof

#2434 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

DRILL AND FILL BABY!

That's the dentist's moto. So if you're not up to the task yourself, maybe your local dentist can help?

#2435 3 years ago

This game is really really good now. Who did the code? The code is dynamite and great work/thank you to who did it. Top notch work. This game is special. Love the fact that it’s tough. Great use of the upper flipper.
Oh nevermind, it’s epthegeek. I remember now. Kick ass job.

#2436 3 years ago

The other thing I have noticed is my balls are getting really scratched. I replaced them once, and especially one is doing the same thing. Not sure why, or if this a problem. I use the same balls in multiple machines and they don’t do this. It’s kinda weird.

I will point out oddities or things that could be addressed, but I don’t want anything I point out being taken as a slam on the game. I am one of the few to own this game, it’s early, and just look to help Spooky sort out some of the things that could be looked at. That said, anything I point out is up to Spooky if they think it needs to be addressed.

#2437 3 years ago

Holy shit this is going in circles

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit this is going in circles

I’ll be straight up. No circles...just my opinion on lots of play.

#2439 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The other thing I have noticed is my balls are getting really scratched. I replaced them once, and especially one is doing the same thing. Not sure why, or if this a problem. I use the same balls in multiple machines and they don’t do this. It’s kinda weird.

I noticed the same and my guess was from the ball hitting the edge of the exposed ball guides which was the other reason I chose to move the rails, to put them behind rubber posts.

#2440 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

How about if Spooky just make it an option.... one layout for pinballers, and the optional "easy" layout for any seal flippers that want a gimme game....

Dude, the game has obviously been made a little wonky. There's no way they intended the game to be this clunky by design.

#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dude, the game has obviously been made a little wonky. There's no way they intended the game to be this clunky by design.

it’s an early game. It will get dialed in...and unless you have one, you have no right to throw shade. If I read into this wrong...I’m sorry.

#2442 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I noticed the same and my guess was from the ball hitting the edge of the exposed ball guides which was the other reason I chose to move the rails, to put them behind rubber posts.

Hmmm. I will move my left loop in a little tomorrow. This makes sense.

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Why is it you make this so personal? We are trying to help?? You are free to have your opinion but WE have games so I suspect our facts might be of a bit more value. No? You disagree, thats fine. Really odd how defensive you are about factual help. Not one person said anything bad about the game or company. I sincerely hope Spooky makes minor changes to the build so you don't have to do anything.

#2444 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Want to be cautious with suggestions on this thread but... Yes I suspect the primary cause is Was the 3 exposed rails. Mine (have photos for the facts people) all stuck out 3/8" or more. Also while minor I am rather amazing most of the rails appear to be cut on a CO2 laser and the top edge has a crazy sharp burr. Could just be our games and I would guess unless the ball rode up the rail a bit it wouldn't be an issue but just an observation. Fun to clean them though with that edge. lol.

#2445 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why is it you make this so personal? We are trying to help?? You are free to have your opinion but WE have games so I suspect our facts might be of a bit more value. No? You disagree, thats fine. Really odd how defensive you are about factual help. Not one person said anything bad about the game or company. I sincerely hope Spooky makes minor changes to the build so you don't have to do anything.

It's not personal. It is about Rick and Morty.

I have no problem doing mods. My concern is for any customers that do.

My opinion is the radical rail repositioning is just that... radical. Whom does it? ... I don't care. It's nothing personal.

It could change the difficulty of the gameplay so much that the intention of the coding might be undermined. Scores are no longer comparable. No wonder some people can get dozens of megaseeds and others can not, besides player skill.

I'm guessing, but I suppose the 99 megaseeds is a number that is not intended to be realistically reachable?. Suddenly 99 won't be enough for well practiced players. What would you do to solve this? ... as more often players can collect 495% of their ball score? Lol

Rattling up the top is a different issue, in a different area of the playfield. Radical hacks still not required though.

You are the one making it personal. Unfortunately.

#2446 3 years ago

As a future owner, I like the idea of helping others but this back and forth regarding PF tweaks - it's just killing my enjoyment of this thread. Maybe open a technical thread for RM adjustments?

I want to hear about code updates and things to look forward to in this game.

.... And let's get that evil Morty song back in.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a future owner, I like the idea of helping others but it's just killing my enjoyment of this thread. Maybe open a technical thread for RM adjustments?
I want to hear about code updates and things to look forward to in this game.
.... And let's get that evil Morty song back in.

I’m with you on this one. I keep seeing all these new posts and get excited to see what’s going on.
All the bickering is driving me nuts.

#2448 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s the inner loop shot. Lit arrow is blue if you have any. Make the shot and it kills the farthest right local with a bit of bonus points added in.

We did get some insight into defraculation grenades at least! Thank you Eric

#2449 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

878787051bb188d9328ee804a035eacd89a0c246 (resized).jpg878787051bb188d9328ee804a035eacd89a0c246 (resized).jpg

IF the game in the most recent JD stream was modified like this, it could certainly be a plausible explanation for why so many upper orbit shots were not registering.... frequently happened throughout the Stream.

I guess it could also simply have a defective switch ...

#2450 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Thanks for sharing another Great gameplay stream! You have clearly mastered that game and have some great skill. Really appreciate you doing these. Hoping to see 60 mill games some day lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/602420202

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.