(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 405.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Serious Hilton? If a company bought something in bulk and it doesn’t work properly that’s their problem to fix it. If they have to purchase a better part to correct the issue that’s on them. Its called business. They took the risk that the part would work as intended and went for the savings on buying in bulk. If said item doesn’t perform as expected it’s on the company to fix not push off on the consumer.
Every time someone mentions a correction some of you are so quick to judge. It’s extremely difficult to take a few lines of sentence and judge someone’s intentions.
More constructive and less critical....why some of you care so much how a random person words a post in a forum is beyond me.

I honestly wish youd just go ahead and sell your spot and leave this sub.

I tried to give you understanding in the beginning but I realize that was just wasting my time.

You are unfairly critical of this game and have been since day 1 when you either didnt try or couldnt figure out how to get a lower spot. Its beyond old and frankly your continued negativity is exhausting.

Sell your spot and let the rest of us enjoy life and our game.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I honestly wish youd just go ahead and sell your spot and leave this sub.
I tried to give you understanding in the beginning but I realize that was just wasting my time.
You are unfairly critical of this game and have been since day 1 when you either didnt try or couldnt figure out how to get a lower spot. Its beyond old and frankly your continued negativity is exhausting.
Sell your spot and let the rest of us enjoy life and our game.

If my couple of post on here effect you that much just don’t read them or block me pretty simple. If you have something else to say you can always just pm me.

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

If my couple of post on here effect you that much just don’t read them or block me pretty simple. If you have something else to say you can always just pm me.

Yea. Block works.

#2204 4 years ago

I'm sure it's just coincidence, but I put up decent scores after I added the second rubber to the end of the wireform. I cut them at an angle as suggested before and though they still shift around, they seem to be doing their job. I didn't have a single ball "walk" into the return shot. The wireform didn't fall apart either

#2205 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm sure it's just coincidence, but I put up decent scores after I added the second rubber to the end of the wireform. I cut them at an angle as suggested before and though they still shift around, they seem to be doing their job. I didn't have a single ball "walk" into the return shot. The wireform didn't fall apart either

Every time I treat a game nice, I find it gives me a new great game.

Wiped down Flash Gordon the other night and BOOM 1.5 mil

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Every time I treat a game nice, I find it gives me a new great game.
Wiped down Flash Gordon the other night and BOOM 1.5 mil

That's funny, it does the same for me too. Just a quick wipe or turning the flipper rubbers or something. Unless its TWD. That game is an a**hole...but damn it it's never leaving.

I love Flash Gordon...if you get a lead on a CPR, let me know!

#2207 3 years ago

Mr Meeseeks on trying to keep this thread upbeat and positive...

Lighten up people... lot worse things going on in the world right now.

Let’s at least try keep our fun hobby that we escape to more positive!
2E370890-C781-4D20-ADD3-20AD8CA954F0 (resized).jpeg2E370890-C781-4D20-ADD3-20AD8CA954F0 (resized).jpeg

#2208 3 years ago

This is what I am doing for a pingulp.

WIN_20200417_08_01_19_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20200417_08_01_19_Pro (resized).jpg
#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Serious Hilton? If a company bought something in bulk and it doesn’t work properly that’s their problem to fix it. If they have to purchase a better part to correct the issue that’s on them. Its called business. They took the risk that the part would work as intended and went for the savings on buying in bulk. If said item doesn’t perform as expected it’s on the company to fix not push off on the consumer.
Every time someone mentions a correction some of you are so quick to judge. It’s extremely difficult to take a few lines of sentence and judge someone’s intentions.
More constructive and less critical....why some of you care so much how a random person words a post in a forum is beyond me.

Could not have said it any better myself!

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I have not been critical of spooky or the game at all but I was thinking the same thing

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This is what I am doing for a pingulp.[quoted image]

That is beautiful

#2212 3 years ago

Can we get a snake jazz mode? k thanks

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I have not been critical of spooky or the game at all but I was thinking the same thing

problem is that many read things that are tweaks and think the sky is falling and it MUST be fixed.

These are just suggestions for adjustment and things we would like to see if possible.

Similar example would be on JP2 to talk about how on many games the ball launch does not make it all the way through the loop and instead rattles and then trickles back towards the S shot entrance. This is not a fatal flaw. This is a need for some adjustment to make it work more predictably. Over time, stuff gets out of alignment on JP2 also and needs to be fixed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2214 3 years ago

So after watching the JD stream with wide open swearing I was curious since I can't remember. Does the game have a 1% setting and does it have a setting to automatically change to a different value at a certain time? The reason I'm asking is I have older kids (that have heard swearing) but I think the 1% would be one of those " did I just hear that?" moments. My take on the whole wireform thing is if they have the ramps and are powder coating them in house in that crazy purple (assuming powder coating) room. Maybe weld a tab on the end for a foam ball stop before coating or spiral cut a rubber for the end if they have them all coated. If not maybe they could change them. Hello kettle my name is pot. Haven't been around to much and dont know the Emery family but they dont seem like the type of company to knowingly want to screw anyone over. What do I know Im just a random post on a forum about an awesome game.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

So after watching the JD stream with wide open swearing I was curious since I can't remember. Does the game have a 1% setting and does it have a setting to automatically change to a different value at a certain time? The reason I'm asking is I have older kids (that have heard swearing) but I think the 1% would be one of those " did I just hear that?" moments. My take on the whole ramp thing is if they have the ramps and are powder coating them in house in that crazy purple (assuming powder coating) room. Maybe weld a tab on the end for a foam ball stop before coating or spiral cut a rubber for the end if they have them all coated. If not maybe they could change them. Hello kettle my name is pot. Haven't been around to much and dont know the Emery family but they dont seem like the type of company to knowing want to screw anyone over. What do I know Im just a random post on a forum about an awesome game.

It should stick on whichever setting you set the profanity to. On the IE pinball stream from the other night Karl had it set on 10% which seemed pretty acceptable for kids and I know you can go lower. I've got young kids and I really don't care if they hear an occasional swear or two. I probably say worse things when watching the nightly news. It doesn't seem right to set it to 0.

Charlie and the whole Spooky Company are good people and they are in the business for the right reasons and want to make the best game possible!

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

problem is that many read things that are tweaks and think the sky is falling and it MUST be fixed.
These are just suggestions for adjustment and things we would like to see if possible.
Similar example would be on JP2 to talk about how on many games the ball launch does not make it all the way through the loop and instead rattles and then trickles back towards the S shot entrance. This is not a fatal flaw. This is a need for some adjustment to make it work more predictably. Over time, stuff gets out of alignment on JP2 also and needs to be fixed.[quoted image]

I understand, it's just frustrating for those of use with limited mechanical abilities paying for something that is this expensive.
I am still super excited for this game, it's the best theme integration i have seen in a long time.

If you have a fix for JP, i'm listening.
I did the washer fix but it still fails about 10% of the time

#2217 3 years ago

So after watching the JD stream with wide open swearing I was curious since I can't remember. Does the game have a 1% setting and does it have a setting to automatically change to a different value at a certain time?

This has been discussed before, and they aren't going to do it. I'm pretty sure epthegeek said it will be way too much of a pain to code in.

#2218 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That's funny, it does the same for me too. Just a quick wipe or turning the flipper rubbers or something. Unless its TWD. That game is an a**hole...but damn it it's never leaving.
I love Flash Gordon...if you get a lead on a CPR, let me know!

Flash Gordon is such a great pin! I just picked up a Hardtop for mine. I think Keith may still have a couple left if you email him.

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

This has been discussed before, and they aren't going to do it. I'm pretty sure epthegeek said it will be way too much of a pain to code in.

The swearing has 1% and 99% and in between 10 and 90 it’s 5 or10% steps, I can’t remember which off hand.

There’s a quick toggle in the service menu between (your setting) and (off) via the launch button. Also there is a timed override where you can set an auto on and off time for the override of your setting to off. There’s a key post about it in one of the R&M threads somewhere.

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ooowee, that looks awesome.
I want one.

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I understand, it's just frustrating for those of use with limited mechanical abilities paying for something that is this expensive.
I am still super excited for this game, it's the best theme integration i have seen in a long time.
If you have a fix for JP, i'm listening.
I did the washer fix but it still fails about 10% of the time

There is no downside to being fixed in factory, is there?

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

There is no downside to being fixed in factory, is there?

To the owner? No.
To Spooky to fine tune to spec of criticism? Lots.

What about the folks who already took delivery as well? Is Spooky going to pay for shipping back to factory and then back to customer after paying their employees?

Check my history. I'm new but you can find that I often disagree with Whysnow via historical posts not out of dislike but rather disagreement.

In this instance I am going with an onsite operator who says he has adjusted once every 700 games and I am fine with that.

Now excuse me while I pull the glass and eject my playfield to attempt to get to the optical sensor to realign my bat phone.

#2223 3 years ago

Jersey Jack fixed their ramp on the Hobbit. The first hundred had issues then they fixed it with version #2.

JJramp1 (resized).jpgJJramp1 (resized).jpgJJramp2 (resized).jpgJJramp2 (resized).jpg
#2224 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Mr Meeseeks on trying to keep this thread upbeat and positive...
Lighten up people... lot worse things going on in the world right now.
Let’s at least try keep our fun hobby that we escape to more positive!
[quoted image]

... don't they immediately start trying to kill one another?

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The swearing has 1% and 99% and in between 10 and 90 it’s 5 or10% steps, I can’t remember which off hand.
There’s a quick toggle in the service menu between (your setting) and (off) via the launch button. Also there is a timed override where you can set an auto on and off time for the override of your setting to off. There’s a key post about it in one of the R&M threads somewhere.

Awesome thanks, I appreciate it and all the hands on you and everyone else does with the streams and forums.

#2226 3 years ago

Not too shabby but could do better I'm sure!

20200417_164038 (resized).jpg20200417_164038 (resized).jpg
#2227 3 years ago

5% increments in between

20200417_193542 (resized).jpg20200417_193542 (resized).jpg20200417_193527 (resized).jpg20200417_193527 (resized).jpg20200417_193525 (resized).jpg20200417_193525 (resized).jpg20200417_193515 (resized).jpg20200417_193515 (resized).jpg20200417_193458 (resized).jpg20200417_193458 (resized).jpg
#2228 3 years ago

Nice, cant wait till I can get mine. Hopefully this fall or before Christmas. Was thinking late summer early fall pre virus. Stay safe everyone. The new Spooky building looks big enough to double social distance.

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

To the owner? No.
To Spooky to fine tune to spec of criticism? Lots.
What about the folks who already took delivery as well? Is Spooky going to pay for shipping back to factory and then back to customer after paying their employees?
Check my history. I'm new but you can find that I often disagree with Whysnow via historical posts not out of dislike but rather disagreement.
In this instance I am going with an onsite operator who says he has adjusted once every 700 games and I am fine with that.
Now excuse me while I pull the glass and eject my playfield to attempt to get to the optical sensor to realign my bat phone.

Sending out wireforms to customers with possible existing issues, wouldn't be a massive hit, all the while altering a wireform for the remainder during production.

I never understood why the ball just plops down as it currently does. Having a loop at the end would surely take some impact away, and create stability for the wireform.

#2230 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

... don't they immediately start trying to kill one another?

Ha ha, I don’t remember, really. I guess I’ll have to watch that episode again.

I love the Meseeks call outs in the game!

How are you enjoying the game so far Bowen? Charlie said on a podcast he had sent his game to you since you needed it more because you’re working on the rules. And how are the rules coming along? Any interesting tidbits for us while we all go crazy waiting for production to start again?

I‘m looking forward to when the game is done and you do one of your videos on it!

#2231 3 years ago

I‘m looking forward to when the game is done and you do one of your videos on it!

Absolutely, we need a Bowen R&M video soon. For that matter, during these shelter at home times I wish he would redo some of his older videos for games that have had code updates as well. Tron, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Iron Man could all use new videos from him with the more modern HD cameras on the new rules.

So, what are people doing for cards for R&M? I think Spooky should sell some high gloss professional looking ones...would look way better than what I generate on my color printer. Maybe even some type of molded cards.

#2232 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Absolutely, we need a Bowen R&M video soon. For that matter, during these shelter at home times I wish he would redo some of his older videos for games that have had code updates as well. Tron, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Iron Man could all use new videos from him with the more modern HD cameras on the new rules.
So, what are people doing for cards for R&M? I think Spooky should sell some high gloss professional looking ones...would look way better than what I generate on my color printer. Maybe even some type of molded cards.

pretty sure cards now come with games?

#2233 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure cards now come with games?

Yes they do.

#2234 3 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but a revelation from the Jack Danger stream was that one of the pending modes in review is based around the Blood Dome.

BTW, this was a great promo:

#2235 3 years ago

SIP... sure would be better with R&M in the game room

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but a revelation from the Jack Danger stream was that one of the pending modes in review is based around the Blood Dome.
BTW, this was a great promo:

I know BK hates video modes ... but wouldn't something like this be awesome?

(or maybe just me, I'm a long time fighting game fan)

#2237 3 years ago

I need a Tiny Rick mode!

#2238 3 years ago

Would someone mind posting a list of the rubber rings, post sleeves, etc used? Thanks

#2239 3 years ago

For us who wait,we would kindly ask Spooky to please fix this stuff!!!For example,when GB came out,on the Pre's and Le's the right ramp shot was too high,and we had to replace the stand off with a lower one so the shot would go over the top! The bitch is to wait a whole year for your pin and have to modify it to play correctly!

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For us who wait,we would kindly ask Spooky to please fix this stuff!!!For example,when GB came out,on the Pre's and Le's the right ramp shot was too high,and we had to replace the stand off with a lower one so the shot would go over the top! The bitch is to wait a whole year for your pin and have to modify it to play correctly!

Reach out to Spooky and express your concerns. See if they already have a plan. Report back your findings.

I think you’ll get a clear response that way rather than asking here.

#2241 3 years ago

I know BK hates video modes ... but wouldn't something like this be awesome?
(or maybe just me, I'm a long time fighting game fan)

The 8bit promos for rick and morty are awesome. Since one of the next adventures is blood dome. Maybe something with the horseshoe lock and "two balls enter one ball leaves" video fighting mode while locked, if you lose one ball drains(dead flippers). Then the other one drops and you need to start the lock process over to battle. When you win video mode, one ball drops out to complete shots to get to the castle. Random thoughts or something about stacking balls on one side of horseshoe lock to make sentient arm morty for a two ball multiball battle. As a huge fan of Mad Max this episode is one of my favorites. Excited to see what they come up with. Blood dome mod over the lock.

#2242 3 years ago

Since one of the next adventures is blood dome. Maybe something with the horseshoe lock and "two balls enter one ball leaves".

This is something I struggle with... There are many cool ways that the horseshoe toy could be used in different modes, just some ideas:

-Loading Rick and Morty into the Ship for any given adventure.
-Rick is trapped in the Intergalactic prison lock and and bash the captive ball three times to release him.
-Shoot open horseshoe orbits repeatedly to go deeper into micro-verses, or emerge from dreams
-Juggle one locked ball left to right and back to punch opponents in the blood dome, or split parallel dimensions as in A Rickle in Time.
-Rest and Ricklaxation - Lock Rick and Morty the left and right spots of the horseshoe (of the special Detox Machine). The lighting starts off as lime green, but after locking and making additional shots, they purify and emerge to a bright white and blue multiball mode.

Anyway, here's what I can't quite figure out... How could any of the above be incorporated into modes, if the horseshoe is also being used for Multiball locks (it might be holding balls from another player, etc)?

Separately: It would be cool to acquire cursed skills in the vein of "Something Ricked This Way Comes" that you could use to help your gameplay.

#2243 3 years ago

Saw more dimensions today. Floptop...upper flipper is controlled by left flipper button. Fleep...any button controls all flippers (wife said they felt weaker too), and I think it was called Stars....strobing lights. She ended with over 15 million.

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Saw more dimensions today. Floptop...upper flipper is controlled by left flipper button. Fleep...any button controls all flippers (wife said they felt weaker too), and I think it was called Stars....strobing lights. She ended with over 15 million.

Do we know how many dimensions they plan to have in total? I listened to one podcast and Scott said there would be a TNA dimension. I’ve still be avoiding the streams, best I can.

#2245 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This is what I am doing for a pingulp.

I’ve ordered two, one for each side. For those that don’t know, trilogybeer does absolutely phenomenal work. I’ve bought around two dozen hand painted pingulps from him over the years and they are always a huge hit with guests.

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know how many dimensions they plan to have in total? I listened to one podcast and Scott said there would be a TNA dimension. I’ve still be avoiding the streams, best I can.

I’ve seen the TNA...no ramps. Also the TZ (twilight Zone...all white lights/black and light). A scream dimension, water dimension, 2 types of slam dimension, a family dimension, spinner dimension, and a couple others I’m not remembering off the top of my head. This is the best part of R&M according to my wife...and it’s early code...bound to be a ton more in later code.

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Are these for sale yet? Need!

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If the question is about "planned" number, then I can't answer, because we don't know yet.

Right now, there are 17 dimensions. 2, possibly 3 more in the next update - and more to come I'm sure.

#2249 3 years ago

To those who celebrate today happy holiday!

#2250 3 years ago

The Cromulons asked me to "Show Me What You Got" from the mod couple. Here are some flipper tops, a Mega Tree cap, and a Cromulon.

I couldnt find the ideal spot to place the Cromulon. I decided I liked him better up in space so I put in front of the planet above the right ramp. He's still pretty bouncy up there as you nudge the game.

rps20200420_152702 (resized).jpgrps20200420_152702 (resized).jpgrps20200420_152800 (resized).jpgrps20200420_152800 (resized).jpgrps20200420_152827 (resized).jpgrps20200420_152827 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/45?hl=fymf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.