(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 405.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

One request I have for Eric is that when you're in MB and a mode stacked, there are not Jackpot callouts. Would be nice to still have Rick give us Jackpot callouts so that we know when we've hit shots.

Because of the stacking, this is problematic. In the next update there are light shows that go with the jackpots, and the callout will play - IF the shot doesn’t trigger something else for a stacked adventure first.

#2102 4 years ago

This is developing very nicely!!

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Because of the stacking, this is problematic. In the next update there are light shows that go with the jackpots, and the callout will play - IF the shot doesn’t trigger something else for a stacked adventure first.

Sounds good. Also another thought, I'm not sure if Whirly Dirly ever times out. If it doesn't, for those of us that suck and can't complete modes sometimes, do you have plans to open up the shots a bit more like in Anatomy Park, so that we aren't in mode jail?

#2104 4 years ago

Is the right orbit to inner orbit supposed to return to the upper right flipper (when it doesn't go to the garage)? It looks like it goes to the spot below the Meeseeks target, is there a switch there?

Would closing the inner orbit fix this?

Here's an example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/591359240?t=02h44m28s

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is the right orbit to inner orbit supposed to return to the upper right flipper (when it doesn't go to the garage)? It looks like it goes to the spot below the Meeseeks target, is there a switch there?
Would closing the inner orbit fix this?
Here's an example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/591359240?t=02h44m28s

Mine does the same. I would however Not close or change that orbit any for that return as the loop clockwise is already hard enough and that is the primary shot for that orbit. I Have however considered Trying a larger diameter rubber on the end of that loop in hopes a counter clock orbit shot would ride the rail and effectively bounce up off that rubber and more towards the flipper or at least a bit higher then going to outlane.

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Had fun watching the stream last night. When he tilted for the first time, holy shit! I had never heard that call out before LOL!!
Jack's game is tuned very well. He was hitting orbits into garage shots very smoothly, which is what I would expect to happen. I only watched up to a bit after he scored 20+ million then went to do other things but a good time was had.
Still pretty early code from what I understand. Hopefully we can get more modes and multiballs in there and more coding done with the horseshoe lock.
One request I have for Eric is that when you're in MB and a mode stacked, there are not Jackpot callouts. Would be nice to still have Rick give us Jackpot callouts so that we know when we've hit shots.

I expected Jack to play well too and I wasn’t surprised how well he was hitting those shots everyone had been so concerned about. When I played the RM at Pinball Life in Huntley I had given feedback that those shots were working really well. Of course, it is the machine that Scott Danesi works with and had tweaked but still, it just proved that the machine is a great shooter! And, if you watched Jacks entire stream last night you’ll see that even he says multiple times that RM has great flow! I think I watched him make a 4 To 5 shot combo off the ramps, orbits and garage shot. So awesome to see that pulled off. But, I really thought Jack would be able to rip that Right upper loop with the spinner more than he did (I think he only hit that loop twice in a row the whole night).

On the other hand though.... even for Jack Danger RM was an ass kicker, you could tell he was getting a little frustrated, he had to kinda gather himself and stay positive.

I love that this game is difficult and or not easy. Even if you get frustrated it’s fun as hell and I think everyone can tell that now just by watching this stream.

Additionally, I think any RM machines out there for sale right now; Jacks stream Is going to help make them sell!

Can’t wait to play this again on location or get my #653 but that’s a long ways away, sadly. But, at least there’s one in my future and at least we have another stream to watch for those of us that don’t have our machines yet.

Awesome stream last night Jack Danger!

Stay safe everyone!

#2108 4 years ago

Jack was also pretty well greased.

#2109 4 years ago

For those who didn't catch it, Jack Danger was able to hit the loop twice in a row AND then hit the garage shot, all within a few seconds! Those shots deserve some kind of ultra-super-combo bonus or something... lol. His reaction is also quite funny...

https://clips.twitch.tv/OpenAliveMeerkatBloodTrail

#2110 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

For those who didn't catch it, Jack Danger was able to hit the loop twice in a row AND then hit the garage shot, all within a few seconds! Those shots deserve some kind of ultra-super-combo bonus or something... lol. His reaction is also quite funny...

All within a few seconds AND with a ball trapped on the lower right flipper. So he was stage flipping that upper flipper for a three shot combo. Dang....

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Had fun watching the stream last night. When he tilted for the first time, holy shit! I had never heard that call out before LOL!!
Jack's game is tuned very well. He was hitting orbits into garage shots very smoothly, which is what I would expect to happen. I only watched up to a bit after he scored 20+ million then went to do other things but a good time was had.
Still pretty early code from what I understand. Hopefully we can get more modes and multiballs in there and more coding done with the horseshoe lock.

anyone have a link to the first tilt...that was great!

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Ok but for statistics he also rattled it in the same loop 25 times the other 4 hours. Just Kidding around (a bit). Having played it a hundred or more times now there is no question it Is a makable shot but there is also No disputing it is a tough shot. More of a "Wow I did it" shot which some may like, some not so much. I have done some adjustments but still have not found perfect mend for smooth yet.

#2113 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

That was sweet. Thank you for posting

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

All within a few seconds AND with a ball trapped on the lower right flipper. So he was stage flipping that upper flipper for a three shot combo. Dang....

He went from ~1.5 mil to ~5.5 mil from that combo.

#2115 4 years ago

He also said he removed 4 screws at the begin of the stream, fwiw. I will also be removing those screws from mine when i get it one sunny day!

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

He also said he removed 4 screws at the begin of the stream, fwiw. I will also be removing those screws from mine when i get it one sunny day!

He also mentioned that Spooky is going to start doing the fixes at the factory.

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

That does help a bit on the garage shot no question. Actually the way DocQuest wrote up the rail move seems to help the most on that shot. Aligning the over elevated rail over the top right flipper was probably the most noticeable improvement for me. That lets the ball roll Most of the flipper vs jumping past 1/2 of it making those shots tough. As for the center spinner loop... That’s still a “oh my god I did it” kind of shot no matter how you move things. Still making adjustments as others have noted (Whysnow?) but not so sure it’s ever going to be a multi-loop kind of smooth setup. Hoping, just not optimistic. Still a Great game No question just aggravating that a key geometry just seems off in my view. When the masses actually get to play this game I suspect this will come up more often. For now Any tuning feedback will Certainly help those down the path later.

#2118 4 years ago

Mail today!!!

Still waiting on #84, but not waiting on pickle rick!!! Got the mod, love it, thx man

C57D41D8-C66E-42AA-A733-0706F81D2DD1 (resized).jpegC57D41D8-C66E-42AA-A733-0706F81D2DD1 (resized).jpeg
#2119 4 years ago

I did a modified fix of Whysnow post #1765. I pushed the rail out at the opening (by loosening the adjustable screw) and then remove the second screw and pushed this part of the rail out. I left the screw out to give the rail a little flex. I didn’t take anymore screws out. The shot is much easier to complete now. My wife ripped the shot 3 times in a row a couple times, and I ripped the shot followed by the garage (such a rush when you do that). 80% of our balls we were able to rip the spinner now.

#2120 4 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Yeah, I certainly don't remember the exact moment in his 4-hour+ stream but he went out of his way to explain how to fix those issues on both left side loops (seemed pretty easy) and like you said, it was basically about removing the MIDDLE SCREWS on both turns, I believe. He said that made the turns less like a "wall" when the ball hit it and allowed it to be more bendable as the ball flew through there.

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Lmao JD cracks me up! “your welcome ok”

#2122 4 years ago

What I have been having problems with is the plunge. Sometimes it is stopped correctly by the wireform, other times it bounces back to the plunger, and at times it will miss the stop all together and go around the corner of the little loop. I think a wider stop is needed at the end of the wireform from the plunge.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Mail today!!!
Still waiting on #84, but not waiting on pickle rick!!! Got the mod, love it, thx man[quoted image]

I intended people to eat the included bonus candy when they install their Pickle Rick mods. Since its shelf life is probably multiple years you should be good to go whether you are #84 or #750 on the list.

I actually like the gum to "breath" a little so it's as hard and sharp as Cap'n Crunch and can cut your gums when you try to chew it. Just like the pink sheets of gum like material that came with my trading cards back in the day.

#2124 4 years ago

Love the updated music and effects in the new code. Sounds great

Still no evil morty game over music though..... hope that gets back in there

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I intended people to eat the included bonus candy when they install their Pickle Rick mods. Since its shelf life is probably multiple years you should be good to go whether you are #84 or #750 on the list.
I actually like the gum to "breath" a little so it's as hard and sharp as Cap'n Crunch and can cut your gums when you try to chew it. Just like the pink sheets of gum like material that came with my trading cards back in the day.

Normally I wouldn't complain, but the instructions didn't cover this and I mistakenly ate mine...

Since I am #458 I am sure that you will have ample time to get me some spares to use for install.

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What I have been having problems with is the plunge. Sometimes it is stopped correctly by the wireform, other times it bounces back to the plunger, and at times it will miss the stop all together and go around the corner of the little loop. I think a wider stop is needed at the end of the wireform from the plunge.

Did you catch this video? Or is the problem you’re having different?

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Did you catch this video? Or the problem you’re having different?

I’ve tried adjusting that. But the ball does all in my post without me adjusting anything. It’s just very erratic at launch.

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve tried adjusting that. But the ball does all in my post without me adjusting anything. It’s just very erratic at launch.

Ok, good luck anyway.

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think it would help if there was a barrier other than the loop of the wireform to stop it. I think that's a big part of the problem. If I had more capability, I would make the wireform curve back down towards the upper flipper, as that is the intended launch path. Or if anything, make a piece with a rubber stop at the end so that it absorbs all of the momentum and stops the spin.

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

toss on slo-mo on your phone and video tap the launch. Focus down by shooter and also where wireform meets shooter lane.

My guess it that you just need some adjustment there to ensure you are not getting any rattle/wobble/ side-to-side motion from plunger tip hitting off center on ball. That will create inconsistency in ball launch on any game.

You will NEVER see it with naked eye. But slo-mo video will make it crystal clear.

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

rubber stop at the end so that it absorbs all of the momentum and stops the spin

could a cliffy sleeve be sliced and stuck on that wire for a simple fix?

#2132 4 years ago

Stacking the multiball into the Roy mode just seemed odd. One mode is about precision shooting and the other is about hitting all the jackpots. Plus, the chill music of Roy coupled with multiball craziness hurt my brain.

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

toss on slo-mo on your phone and video tap the launch. Focus down by shooter and also where wireform meets shooter lane.
My guess it that you just need some adjustment there to ensure you are not getting any rattle/wobble/ side-to-side motion from plunger tip hitting off center on ball. That will create inconsistency in ball launch on any game.
You will NEVER see it with naked eye. But slo-mo video will make it crystal clear.

I’ll get this done after work. Makes sense that it’s something early on in the shooter lane causing the ball to act differently on different launches.

#2134 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Stacking the multiball into the Roy mode just seemed odd. One mode is about precision shooting and the other is about hitting all the jackpots. Plus, the chill music of Roy coupled with multiball craziness hurt my brain.

It's almost as if the Rick and Morty universe is a crazy and chaotic place.

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Or if anything, make a piece with a rubber stop at the end so that it absorbs all of the momentum and stops the spin.

This style ball launch format has been done many times in the past (TOM, DW, etc) and in all cases the ball hits a rubber stop before dropping to the playfield. I'm guessing Spooky decided to go with the simple wireform stop to save on BOM or maybe just for less complexity?

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

This style ball launch format has been done many times in the past (TOM, DW, etc) and in all cases the ball hits a rubber stop before dropping to the playfield. I'm guessing Spooky decided to go with the simple wireform stop to save on BOM or maybe just for less complexity?

That's why I made the suggestion that I made. On those types of launches, the ball comes to a dead stop, then drops onto a wire form or something else. I'm thinking even a small piece of target foam or similar would be enough to take the spin out of the ball, and kill enough momentum for it to drop without going anywhere else but towards the upper flipper.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is there going to be a COVID-19 universe where all shots are worth nothing.

#2138 4 years ago

I would like to see either a modification or aftermarket option for a wireform end like this with some modification.

Basically so the ball hits 2 wires and the end. The top wire is slightly closer and directs the ball consistently down to shot delivery.
The wires that the ball rolls on and the single stop ring will need adjustment over time and allow for some inconsistency/ need for tweak by end user based on the pitch and level of their game and shooter delivery speed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not meant as a criticism. You're doing amazing work.

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to see either a modification or aftermarket option for a wireform end like this with some modification.
Basically so the ball hits 2 wires and the end. The top wire is slightly closer and directs the ball consistently down to shot delivery.
The wires that the ball rolls on and the single stop ring will need adjustment over time and allow for some inconsistency/ need for tweak by end user based on the pitch and level of their game and shooter delivery speed.[quoted image]

That or a rubber sleeve would have been ideal. The Bend trick seems to work for about 10 games then it either over shoots or returns back down the lane again. Rather thin wire used on the rail.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That or a rubber sleeve would have been ideal. The Bend trick seems to work for about 10 games then it either over shoots or returns back down the lane again. Rather thin wire used on the rail.

I'm going to take a spare post sleeve, cut a slit in it, and wrap it around the inside of the ring when I get home today. Or if anyone else has access to their game that could do this and report back. My only worry is that it will make that hole smaller and not allow enough space for the ball to drop. It won't be the cleanest solution, but if it works...

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Do you have more of those mod kits? I was holding out since I've probably got a year+ wait If nothing else, I'd like the coin door labels.

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you have more of those mod kits? I was holding out since I've probably got a year+ wait If nothing else, I'd like the coin door labels.

I looked yesterday he had 4 left

It’s down below these posts Under promoted items;
B9781335-BD40-4B58-B24A-17C727DCA6B7 (resized).jpegB9781335-BD40-4B58-B24A-17C727DCA6B7 (resized).jpeg

#2144 4 years ago

More R&M fun. The Floating Eye see's All Morty! A simple yet detailed mod to add some additional dimension to this amazing game. Floating above the playfield to keep an Eye on you! Custom glass eye with airbrushed detail for a great look. Additional details and options available from our website.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2145 4 years ago

Reposting because shills spammed the last thread to death before people could see my posts.

Did you guys know that Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland creators of Rick and Morty are both pedophiles and sadistic sick fucks?
Dan Harmon even made a comedy skit about him being a baby rapist, in the skit he rapes a plastic baby doll and apparently this kind of thing gets you a major shot at network aimed at children like Cartoon Network. Roiland's earlier works contain other things like a character who kidnaps cuts children's faces off and wears them as masks. Another character that shits in childrens mouths, and a third that stabs a child in the chest then fucks the stab hole.

"A five-minute video, featuring Rick & Morty creator Dan Harmon playing a child molester named Daryl who climbs through a window, pulls down his underwear, and rubs his genitals on a plastic baby doll lying on a couch has gone viral. So much so that Harmon has deleted his Twitter account to avoid any questions about it.

While the video is meant to be a comedy bit, the subject matter and Dan’s nudity in the video seems highly questionable at best. This is coming off the heels of James Gunn being fired by Disney as the writer/director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 following thousands of tweets featuring references to sexual acts with children emerged. Comedian Michael Ian Black also is under fire when old tweets about child molestation also went viral after resurfacing on social media."

Link to the "comedy skit" https://www.bitchute.com/video/xnQIwtDhxKQ6/

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mine does the same. I would however Not close or change that orbit any for that return as the loop clockwise is already hard enough and that is the primary shot for that orbit. I Have however considered Trying a larger diameter rubber on the end of that loop in hopes a counter clock orbit shot would ride the rail and effectively bounce up off that rubber and more towards the flipper or at least a bit higher then going to outlane.

Whysnow how does your right orbit to inner orbit shot return, yours is set up quite well... Does it return to right flipper or next to the Meeseeks target?

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

Reposting because shills spammed the last thread to death before people could see my posts.
Did you guys know that Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland creators of Rick and Morty are both pedophiles and sadistic sick fucks?
Dan Harmon even made a comedy skit about him being a baby rapist, in the skit he rapes a plastic baby doll and apparently this kind of thing gets you a major shot at network aimed at children like Cartoon Network. Roiland's earlier works contain other things like a character who kidnaps cuts children's faces off and wears them as masks. Another character that shits in childrens mouths, and a third that stabs a child in the chest then fucks the stab hole.
"A five-minute video, featuring Rick & Morty creator Dan Harmon playing a child molester named Daryl who climbs through a window, pulls down his underwear, and rubs his genitals on a plastic baby doll lying on a couch has gone viral. So much so that Harmon has deleted his Twitter account to avoid any questions about it.
While the video is meant to be a comedy bit, the subject matter and Dan’s nudity in the video seems highly questionable at best. This is coming off the heels of James Gunn being fired by Disney as the writer/director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 following thousands of tweets featuring references to sexual acts with children emerged. Comedian Michael Ian Black also is under fire when old tweets about child molestation also went viral after resurfacing on social media."

This was already covered and debunked.

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

Well that changed Supertramp's "Goodbye Stranger" for me forever.

#2149 4 years ago

Why are you here with this BS crap again, and in the owners thread no less? Unless you have links to police records that state they've been charged with pedophilia get the f out of here with that nonsense. Making a video making fun of the subject isn't the same thing as being one. Do you also believe that all other fiction videos are real and make their makers those things? You can hate them for making such material, that's your right, but quit shoving it down other peoples throats as some sort of fact.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from cyberslunk:

So by your logic, Anthony Hopkins is a cannibal because he portrayed one in Silence of the Lambs?

Someone needs to learn the difference between fiction and reality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 210.00
$ 300.00
Trade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/43?hl=rmarmol1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.