(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,351 posts
  • 744 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by Midgard
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240711_172728 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240619_041823511 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5921027_2168976 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240613_040552091 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195552022 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195846469 (resized).jpg
IMG_7662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1085 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240513_034103060 (resized).jpg
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 407 of 408.
#20301 34 days ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Kellogg, Iowa? Wow, you've got to be kidding me. I went to grade school there in the 70's.
No joke. Small world.
Terry.

Hah. It hasn't changed much. The school is still there, but it's apartments now.

#20302 34 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yep, if your game was NIB then it has the mis-sized flipper bushings. You can ask Spooky to send you a set and they probably will. But, if you are replacing the bushings anyway then I recommend considering using the metal bushing you can get from the PrecisionFlippers shop here on Pinside.

And for god's sake...make sure you use the right size screws for the thinner PF!!!

#20303 34 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

And for god's sake...make sure you use the right size screws for the thinner PF!!!

If I remember correctly, there were 2 size screws used: longer for areas under slings and shorter for under ball traveling areas.

#20304 29 days ago

Selling a bunch of mods.

Looking to sell them as one package, not individually.

Here are the items:

- Xfassa Blue Crystal mod (see photo)

- Anatomy Park ramp sign
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/rick-morty-spooky-pinball-collection/products/rick-and-morty-interdimensional-helmet-pop-bumper-3d-mod-1

- Floating Eye
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/rick-morty-spooky-pinball-collection/products/rick-and-morty-floating-eye-custom-3d-mod

- Show Me bobble head
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/rick-morty-spooky-pinball-collection/products/rick-and-morty-show-me-custom-3d-bobble-head-ramp-mount-mod

- Interdimensional Helmet
https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/rick-morty-spooky-pinball-collection/products/rick-and-morty-mega-seed-tree-custom-mod

- Morty figure

Selling all pieces for $200 shipped anywhere in the USA or Canada.

PM if interested.

PXL_20240619_041823511 (resized).jpgPXL_20240619_041823511 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5921027_2168976 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5921027_2168976 (resized).jpg
Added 20 days ago:

SOLD!

1 week later
#20305 19 days ago

Quick question... Did R&M come with any sort of authenticity paper?

#20306 19 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Nope.

#20307 19 days ago

DanQverymuch Any progress on the quiet fan?

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Question: Has everyone's topper motor quieted down sufficiently with time? Or would there be interest in a hardware solution?
I have figured out a way to make that motor nice and quiet, with a few ideas on implementing the fix, but if no one would want it, I'll just take care of my own portal motor and leave it at that!
If I were to manufacture something, I am guessing the fix will only run $25 or $30...

#20308 18 days ago

I guess the serial #sticker/plaque inside would cover that? Unless I don’t get what your looking for? Some kind of signed paper to say it’s a Rick and Morty?

#20309 18 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I guess the serial #sticker/plaque inside would cover that? Unless I don’t get what your looking for? Some kind of signed paper to say it’s a Rick and Morty?

Certificate of authenticity, like you get with all Stern LE's.

I'm considering selling my R&M, and the buyer was asking, and I couldn't remember if that came with the game or not.

#20310 18 days ago

I'm considering selling my R&M, and the buyer was asking, and I couldn't remember if that came with the game or not.

I can’t stand buyers like that. WTF. You really can’t fake one of these, but you could fake a certificate. Do they want the box it came in, too?

#20311 18 days ago

With all the new editions companies like Stern are doing, what would people think of another R&M run?

I know it was said 750 and no more.

Would it make a difference if there was new code?

New adventures and a wizard mode?

Just wondering as it appears code is definitely done now.

#20312 18 days ago

Is the buyer concerned that there is a vast number of counterfeit Rick and Morty pins out there?

#20313 18 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

With all the new editions companies like Stern are doing, what would people think of another R&M run?

I think spooky is missing a huge opportunity to do another run if they can get the license back. The game can really use more code updates too so that would be huge!

#20314 18 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I think spooky is missing a huge opportunity to do another run if they can get the license back. The game can really use more code updates too so that would be huge!

Yup, a special edition of some sort.

New code for everyone!

Prices have been dropping fast, so wouldn't think too many people would be opposed to the above.

#20315 18 days ago

Since joining the RAM club 3 years ago I've seen the topic of additional code/IP/games produced and it's been thoroughly discussed in the thread how access to the IP went with Adult Swim sale to Paramount (?). Code done is what I've read over the 3 years.

There are always varying viewpoints on remakes but I'm in the camp that appreciates the limited nature of a run: 750 and done. In contrast to other manufacturers who in recent years promote their LE runs of over 1,000 and then go back to the well - to produce more. Just after reading the post I coincidentally read on the RUSH forum speculation about another potential run. Sure, I'd like to see more great RAM episodes in my game but accept the game in its current state as great enough. Content as is and with the existing universe of RAM games.

#20316 17 days ago

Nah - I actually love how Spooky doesn't do that, because it shows they actually think about their existing customers rather than going for a cash grab. Plus Stern re-releasing everything and flooding us with machines is one of the things absolutely killing the market here in Australia - there's just no demand for anything anymore. Even the distros can't sell all their games now because we can't move ours on to make space and get some funds. Sometimes when you buy a machine that's a limited release its great to know the company aren't going to make it "less limited" down the line.

Yep the code is done - it would have been nice to continually update it with newer adventures/seasons, but realistically that was never gonna happen. We were very lucky in that Eric gave us a fantastic update with regard to extra dimensions etc. Only thing I'd really like to see is Rick Potion No9 being made a mini-wiz mode, and a fully fleshed out/epic wizard mode could then be added. But... it's not essential - I'm just glad that such a fantastic game exists at all and that they did such a great job on it. It currently sits at #1 for me (Iron Maiden's a very close 2nd though).

#20317 17 days ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Is the buyer concerned that there is a vast number of counterfeit Rick and Morty pins out there?

The buyer backed out. Bullet dodged as he was a bit of a moron.

Now I think I'll keep my Rick & Morty right here!

#20318 17 days ago

A new run with the new seasons wouldn't bother me really. I mean, a completely new game, not the same game. However, do we really think it's as popular today as it was then? Secondly, it's a completely different company, they may not even be able to get the license. R&M coming out was a perfect storm at the time. The market isn't like that anymore.

#20319 17 days ago

They did a rerun or TNA, you never know.

#20320 17 days ago
Quoted from May:

But they never said TNA world be limited to X number of units (or did they?)

Also, no special hard to get license for TNA

#20321 17 days ago
Quoted from May:

Tna was not limited. RaM is limited

#20322 17 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Nah - I actually love how Spooky doesn't do that, because it shows they actually think about their existing customers rather than going for a cash grab. Plus Stern re-releasing everything and flooding us with machines is one of the things absolutely killing the market here in Australia - there's just no demand for anything anymore. Even the distros can't sell all their games now because we can't move ours on to make space and get some funds. Sometimes when you buy a machine that's a limited release its great to know the company aren't going to make it "less limited" down the line.
Yep the code is done - it would have been nice to continually update it with newer adventures/seasons, but realistically that was never gonna happen. We were very lucky in that Eric gave us a fantastic update with regard to extra dimensions etc. Only thing I'd really like to see is Rick Potion No9 being made a mini-wiz mode, and a fully fleshed out/epic wizard mode could then be added. But... it's not essential - I'm just glad that such a fantastic game exists at all and that they did such a great job on it. It currently sits at #1 for me (Iron Maiden's a very close 2nd though).

Agree.

Code is great, but a wizard mode for finishing Rick Potion would have been the icing on the cake.

I wonder how close this was to being implemented?

#20323 17 days ago

Agree.
Code is great, but a wizard mode for finishing Rick Potion would have been the icing on the cake.

There should have been so e sort of celebration at the end of Rick Potion 9. Even the flippers dying, and some video clip.

There should also have been an ultimate wizard mode (like Elwin does) for filling the stamp card green.

Maybe you get to play a Snake Jazz multiball or something for victory laps.

#20324 17 days ago

Agree.

Pretty sure Rick Potion was always going to be the Wizard mode. I think what we missed were additional adventures, which I would much rather have. Eric did us a solid by giving us as many dimensions as possible since that did not affect the R&M rights.

#20325 17 days ago

Eric kept dabbling well long after he could have stopped. It was great.

And how about the 1 ball challenge mode?!??? Do all of you even know about that? Its so cool

#20326 17 days ago

Eric kept dabbling well long after he could have stopped. It was great.
And how about the 1 ball challenge mode?!??? Do all of you even know about that? Its so cool

No…please enlighten the ignorant masses (or at least me)!

#20327 17 days ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

No…please enlighten the ignorant masses (or at least me)!

Hold down the two right cabinet buttons.

It starts up a one ball challenge

You pick the adventure, you luck the dimension. And you get one ball each. Unreal for $1 games

#20328 17 days ago

You pick the adventure, you luck the dimension. And you get one ball each. Unreal for $1 games

I think you may need to also enable that in the service menu as well, just as an FYI. But yes, very awesome!

#20329 16 days ago

Ha! Thanks, I did know about that, just forgot that is what it was called.

#20330 16 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

the IP went with Adult Swim sale to Paramount

Paramount has nothing to do with R&M. It’s always been owned by WB under the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim branding. Discovery bought WB a few years ago, rebranding the company as Warner Bros. Discovery.

#20331 16 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Paramount has nothing to do with R&M. It’s always been owned by WB under the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim branding. Discovery bought WB a few years ago, rebranding the company as Warner Bros. Discovery.

Thanks for clarifying - I doubted myself so included the "?": Not meaning to misdirect. So it's that Discovery bought WB thereby eliminating the opportunity to extend the licensing of R&M IP. Either way, it's been stated time and again in this thread that there's little chance for additional IP beyond season 2 that's been incorporated.

#20332 16 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

So it's that Discovery bought WB thereby eliminating the opportunity to extend the licensing of R&M IP.

R&M is still highly profitable, there’s no problem licensing it for merch. The issue is, R&M’s deal was for 750 units & with Justin Roiland’s involvement. They’re not going to make more because:

1. Spooky has zero interest in screwing over their customers. Part of the reason their pre-order boutique pinball model has worked is because “limited” means “limited.” If they ever went back on that, no one would ever order their games again.

2. Even if they decided to do something suicidal to their business, WB’s contract was for 750. Doubtful they’re going to be able to change that - plus, with Roiland booted from the show, they probably wouldn’t allow voice clips of him on new merch…so they’d prob have to get the new voices involved & that’ll just be really confusing.

3. Discovery’s ownership of WB likely has nothing to do with anything. Spooky is working with WB on Scooby, Looney Tunes, and if the Beetlejuice rumor is true, Beetlejuice.

Rick & Morty pinball is great as it stands, IMO. For the level of difficulty & shot ball times of the design, there is more than enjoy content in the game. I’m perfectly happy on the rare occasion I get to Rick Potion #9. The game’s creative rules, great modes, amazing music, excellent use of the license, funny callouts, and brilliant light show keep me coming back all these years later. It’s a great, complete, and limited game. A Spooky success.

#20333 16 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

R&M is still highly profitable, there’s no problem licensing it for merch. The issue is, R&M’s deal was for 750 units & with Justin Roiland’s involvement. They’re not going to make more because:
1. Spooky has zero interest in screwing over their customers. Part of the reason their pre-order boutique pinball model has worked is because “limited” means “limited.” If they ever went back on that, no one would ever order their games again.
2. Even if they decided to do something suicidal to their business, WB’s contract was for 750. Doubtful they’re going to be able to change that - plus, with Roiland booted from the show, they probably wouldn’t allow voice clips of him on new merch…so they’d prob have to get the new voices involved & that’ll just be really confusing.
3. Discovery’s ownership of WB likely has nothing to do with anything. Spooky is working with WB on Scooby, Looney Tunes, and if the Beetlejuice rumor is true, Beetlejuice.
Rick & Morty pinball is great as it stands, IMO. For the level of difficulty & shot ball times of the design, there is more than enjoy content in the game. I’m perfectly happy on the rare occasion I get to Rick Potion #9. The game’s creative rules, great modes, amazing music, excellent use of the license, funny callouts, and brilliant light show keep me coming back all these years later. It’s a great, complete, and limited game. A Spooky success.

People really shouldn't comment on licensing without actually understanding it. There's no fact to support your claim here, but it's written as fact.

It's hugely and highly unlikely that WB or CN would have written into the contract that only 750 pieces could be produced.

The licensor wants as much money as they can get out of a deal, coupled by the fa t that almost all deals are based on a limit of time and not units... Trust me, I do this as a career.

Spooky most definitely created the the limited run, because they knew it would fuel demand. They knew they had a homerun theme, along with a Scott who was beloved in the community.

They'd be insane to rerun the game, but they'd be brilliant to design a follow-up.

I've seen so many people comment on the subject of licensing without having much knowledge of how it actually works, and it becomes very misleading.

The reality is, almost every deal starts with a minimum guarantee and a royalty rate. In almost all cases, the rate is 10-12%. The thing that gets tricky sometimes, is assets.

For instance, if they someone makes a Back to the Future game, it might be challenging to use Marty McFly's image. Not to say it can't be done, but it will be tough.

It's just better to get the facts from a reliable source.

#20334 16 days ago

It's just better to get the facts from a reliable source.

Bug is a reliable source. He’s said it publicly that the contract/license was for 750 games.

#20335 16 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bug is a reliable source. He’s said it publicly that the contract/license was for 750 games.

What he says and what is, can often betwo different things. No licensor would impose a limit.

Regardless, we know it would be suicide to rerun a limited edition game, though Stern did sell all those JP 30th games!

That's $6.5 million gross sales on a rerun!

#20336 16 days ago

No licensor would impose a limit.

It is standard practice to license to (often strict) limits in quantities produced just as it is standard to license for duration.
It happens with Music Licensing daily.

#20337 16 days ago

No idea about any license agreement - but among the owners and players, I'd say R&M remains a desired machine (rightly so) because it's a fantastic theme, it was executed very well (regardless of its detractors) and because of the low production numbers.

I look at what happened to Elvira and it's crazy. I bought mine 2 years ago and i literally had to jump on the chance to buy one. When one came up for sale here it would be gone in 2 minutes. Fast forward to now and there have been 2 more limited iterations and possibly 2 more rounds of production on the premium and now you can't even give them away, just nobody wants to buy it. On one hand - yes it's great that everyone who wanted an Elvira now has one. BUT on the other hand its now almost bloody impossible to sell one without taking a massive hit, so I think there's something to be said in keeping demand high for a game by limiting the production in general (at least somewhat).

I think I much prefer Spooky's model where a machine is produced one round and one round only, after that move on and create something new. If that means we have one or two less production runs per year so be it but surely it keeps the demand higher dammit. This constant shoving of games out the door ultimately isn't gonna work - there's only finite space and cash available out there for these things - both on site and in homes.

#20338 16 days ago

Regardless, we know it would be suicide to rerun a limited edition game, though Stern did sell all those JP 30th games!
That's $6.5 million gross sales on a rerun!

…but due to killing the collectible nature of Stern pinballs, they’re now sitting on mountains of unsold games. Buyers don’t believe in the LE anymore, or any “value” in the NIB price in general. Were those JPs & BRKs worth it in the long run?

#20339 16 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…but due to killing the collectible nature of Stern pinballs, they’re now sitting on mountains of unsold games. Buyers don’t believe in the LE anymore, or any “value” in the NIB price in general. Were those JPs & BRKs worth it in the long run?

I think Stern betrayed their loyal customers. Many people (myself included) purchased a JP LE on the assumption that there were only a limited number being produced.

As a fan of pinball, the game was a dream, and as a collector, I liked knowing their was a small, and finite limit.

But when that trust was betrayed, I lost a lot of faith and interest in Stern products.

Full transparency, I recently bought a Jaws LE because I find Elwin games to be extremely enjoyable. In my collection of 9 games, half of them are Elwin's and for a very good reason... They shoot better than anything else out there, and the code is packed!

I'm a fairly decent player, and I beat most games I own. When I reach a wizard mode, that's usually the time to move them along, but the Elwin games have remained (with the exception of AIQ).

In this current economy, and current state of the hobby, I refuse to buy games and risk not loving them.

A game now, with these inevitable losses, has to stick around for at least a couple of years, and the only games that do... Are Elwin's!

#20340 14 days ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PBY-GSK45-GNT

FYSA: The translucent green pin buddy are back in stock at Marco. I know myself and a few others were wanting one as it matches the portal color so well.

#20341 12 days ago

So what’s the group consensus on the most effective solution to flipper fade? I’m tired of not being able to make the left ramp on ball three of a good, long game. I see two options:

1) cooling fans
2) precision flippers

Both are expensive, so I’m not indulging in both. I know this has been hashed out before but I can’t find the conclusions in the thread (if one was reached).

#20342 12 days ago

So what’s the group consensus on the most effective solution to flipper fade? I’m tired of not being able to make the left ramp on ball three of a good, long game. I see two options:
1) cooling fans
2) precision flippers
Both are expensive, so I’m not indulging in both. I know this has been hashed out before but I can’t find the conclusions in the thread (if one was reached).

Does your game have the revised flipper bushings? Those alone made my flippers strong enough to make the left ramp after hours of play.

#20343 12 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does your game have the revised flipper bushings? Those alone made my flippers strong enough to make the left ramp after hours of play.

I’m the second owner, so I don’t know. Can I tell visually?

#20344 12 days ago

I’m the second owner, so I don’t know. Can I tell visually?

Without taking the flipper assembly apart and measuring, I recall being able to tell by noticing the distance from the bottom side of the flippers sitting a tad higher off the playfield than versus others. The balls would wear out the bottom half of the rubbers rather quickly, especially on the tips.

#20345 11 days ago

1) cooling fans
2) precision flippers

In my opinion.

Precision flipper bushings. And maybe the flippers.
I have both fans and precision. All because the difference in time they came out

But you can turn down the power with the precision.

#20346 11 days ago

Since it’s like a million degrees outside, I stayed in and dug into this. First off, thanks for the tips. It inspired me to really dig into the flippers.

Of course, my bats were riding too high. It was obvious looking at the dirt on them. It was all on the bottom edge. I dug through my stash of parts and found flipper bushings as close to original as possible. I think they might’ve been Williams bushings. I ground down the short side to match the original and shaved off the long end to be about 1/8” shorter than the original. I’m calling these my “imprecision” flippers.

Installing them was a minor adventure due to the surprise of the lock nuts on the underside of the flipper bracket. Interesting oddity. Wouldn’t have been an issue if I hadn’t been doing the work with the playfield raised all the way. F*uck but I hate having to search the spaghetti for tiny dropped fasteners. For this reason, I did the second flipper crouched on the ground with the playfield still relatively flat, resting on the lock bar receiver.

Now my bats strike about in the middle of the ball. I also adjusted the eos switches to close a tad later. I felt they were closing too early, possibly robbing full power.

I played for awhile afterwards, and can say it’s much better. Well worth the effort. Tomorrow I’ll give it a proper marathon play test, but so far so good!

#20347 9 days ago

Played for over an hour yesterday and could still make all the shots. I’m calling this an inexpensive win. Before my homemade imprecision flipper bushings and eos adjustments, 45 minutes would’ve been plenty to make the left ramp unmakable. Thanks again for the suggestions

#20348 9 days ago

Played for over an hour yesterday and could still make all the shots. I’m calling this an inexpensive win. Before my homemade imprecision flipper bushings and eos adjustments, 45 minutes would’ve been plenty to make the left ramp unmakable. Thanks again for the suggestions

Also there's another cheap easy fix. Get one of those rechargeable usb neck coolers from Amazon and tie them near the coils.

#20349 6 days ago

So happy to be back in the club. I didn't realize how much I'd miss this game once it left my home. Now, I get to move upstairs and clean the machine. BSE #81, my birth year.

20240711_172728 (resized).jpg20240711_172728 (resized).jpg
#20350 6 days ago
Quoted from durgee7:

So happy to be back in the club. I didn't realize how much I'd miss this game once it left my home. Now, I get to move upstairs and clean the machine. BSE #81, my birth year.
[quoted image]

My games bro, i'm #84

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lorton, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 20,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 407 of 408.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.