(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,301 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 335 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240613_040552091 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195552022 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195846469 (resized).jpg
IMG_7662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1085 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240513_034103060 (resized).jpg
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 407.
#20251 44 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

On another note I just picked up a TNA - another awesome game, and finding it a brilliant companion pin to R&M (I guess that's the Danesi factor).

These are my two Spooky games, too. Great taste!

Quoted from pinballM:

That would be great if another person change only the video to another season for example.
same as Jurassic park movie code.
Is this code locked?

The way I understand it is someone could in theory re-code the game from scratch, but without the original source code (which I think is a P-ROC project?) no one other than Eric - or whoever ends up as the legacy maintainer for the game - could add anything to the current codebase.

Maybe in the far **far** future the code will be open sourced and the community can contribute. A man can dream, that sounds like an extremely fun project.

Incidentally, Eric's re-code of Cactus Canyon can be browsed through on his Github: https://github.com/epthegeek/cactuscanyon

I know a bit about software development but zero about pinball software development, so it's fun to look through that repo and see how the sausage is made.

#20252 43 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

On another note I just picked up a TNA - another awesome game, and finding it a brilliant companion pin to R&M (I guess that's the Danesi factor).

I have both. I love them both

#20253 42 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I have both. I love them both

Same here.

#20254 39 days ago

The obvious thing that missing is an ultimate wizard mode of you turn the full stamp card green.

#20255 39 days ago

Good idea.

Could be done with no new assets.

Something like 10 shots, one per adventure.

Final shot could be a cash in for 100 million points!

1 week later
#20256 32 days ago

I swear I heard a callout last night while playing that had Rick yell, "Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers". Am I just imagining this or has anyone else heard it? Maybe too many IPAs and binge watching The Righteous Gemstones is getting to me.

#20257 32 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I swear I heard a callout last night while playing that had Rick yell, "Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers". Am I just imagining this or has anyone else heard it? Maybe too many IPAs and binge watching The Righteous Gemstones is getting to me.

I bet you heard this clip:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6ccc0773-504a-4c7e-9297-5465e226bbaf

#20258 32 days ago

" rubber baby buggy bumpers "

#20259 32 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Could be partly because it's a Sunday... oh, and a few IPAs.

#20260 31 days ago

Hey guys, I have a couple questions after owning the game for a few weeks.

I hear a very audible buzz when holding the right flipper up. I don’t hear this on the left one. Is this normal or something I need to look into? This is my first spooky so not sure if it’s out of the ordinary or not.

Does anyone have any recommendation for good durable post rubber for this game? I put titan tapered sleeves on recently and the posts near the horseshoe/scoop are just shredded already.

I occasionally have shots to the outer orbit that should divert to the garage go to the inner orbit instead. Is that a diverter issue or rollover switch issue? Just looking for a starting point for debugging it.

Thanks!

#20261 31 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I hear a very audible buzz when holding the right flipper up. I don’t hear this on the left one. Is this normal or something I need to look into? This is my first spooky so not sure if it’s out of the ordinary or not.
Does anyone have any recommendation for good durable post rubber for this game? I put titan tapered sleeves on recently and the posts near the horseshoe/scoop are just shredded already.
I occasionally have shots to the outer orbit that should divert to the garage go to the inner orbit instead. Is that a diverter issue or rollover switch issue? Just looking for a starting point for debugging it.
Thanks!

The buzzing you are hearing has to do with the coil stop vibrating against the flipper shaft. Usually over time the coil stop and shaft get filed down naturally and then you don't hear it anymore. Or you could try tightening or loosening or slightly moving the coil stop to see if that helps. Or possibly changing the flipper hold power. Or maybe adjusting the end of stroke switch.

#20262 31 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The buzzing you are hearing has to do with the coil stop vibrating against the flipper shaft. Usually over time the coil stop and shaft get filed down naturally and then you don't hear it anymore. Or you could try tightening or loosening or slightly moving the coil stop to see if that helps. Or possibly changing the flipper hold power. Or maybe adjusting the end of stroke switch.

All good ideas - and the coil stop could be messed up too and need to be replaced.

#20263 31 days ago

Not sure if this is my best, but picked up a load of Megaseeds on ball 1!

PXL_20240513_034103060 (resized).jpgPXL_20240513_034103060 (resized).jpg
#20264 31 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Thanks!

I successfully run purple Superbands, they hold up very well. The titans and softer silicones don't stand a chance

#20265 31 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I successfully run purple Superbands, they hold up very well. The titans and softer silicones don't stand a chance

Thanks I am going to give them a shot as well. I was surprised just how quick the titans shredded!

#20266 31 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thank you I’ll check it out. It sounds electrical of nature so I didn’t even consider it could just be the coil stop vibrating.

#20267 30 days ago

Same here Northerndude, purple superbands, they work great.

#20268 30 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Thank you I’ll check it out. It sounds electrical of nature so I didn’t even consider it could just be the coil stop vibrating.

you could also try using those spring washers between the coil and frame bracket too

#20269 29 days ago

Hey guys during moving my machine I somehow managed to nick one of these off the back of the cabinet and I need it in case I move the machine again in the future any advice ? I was thinking pull out the remnants with pliers , cover with wood filler and drill in a new one ? Luckily nothing happened to the butter cab during moving !

IMG_1085 (resized).jpegIMG_1085 (resized).jpeg
#20270 29 days ago

I've got a bad habit of knocking those off with my escalera, particularly on Spooky games. Amazon's got a decent replacement available.

#20271 29 days ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I've got a bad habit of knocking those off with my escalera, particularly on Spooky games. Amazon's got a decent replacement available.

That’s exactly what happened escalera tilt table took it off in a second haha

#20272 29 days ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

They're just furniture leg pads for hardwood floors. You can get them at Home Depot or Lowe's too.

1 week later
#20273 21 days ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

These are my two Spooky games, too. Great taste!

The way I understand it is someone could in theory re-code the game from scratch, but without the original source code (which I think is a P-ROC project?) no one other than Eric - or whoever ends up as the legacy maintainer for the game - could add anything to the current codebase.
Maybe in the far **far** future the code will be open sourced and the community can contribute. A man can dream, that sounds like an extremely fun project.
Incidentally, Eric's re-code of Cactus Canyon can be browsed through on his Github: https://github.com/epthegeek/cactuscanyon
I know a bit about software development but zero about pinball software development, so it's fun to look through that repo and see how the sausage is made.

Game code is encrypted, no way to change just the videos. Would have to completely redo the code from scratch

#20274 21 days ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

Game code is encrypted, no way to change just the videos. Would have to completely redo the code from scratch

Honestly that’s only a minor hurdle to someone that knows what they are doing. I’m part of a group that finds exploits in various home arcade devices for fun and we’ve been able to get into every single one. I haven’t actually poked around on this system yet but if the code is encrypted then the key is on the system. It’s doable but I don’t think spooky would be happy about it.

#20275 21 days ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Honestly that’s only a minor hurdle to someone that knows what they are doing. I’m part of a group that finds exploits in various home arcade devices for fun and we’ve been able to get into every single one. I haven’t actually poked around on this system yet but if the code is encrypted then the key is on the system. It’s doable but I don’t think spooky would be happy about it.

Right, the game isn't calling home anywhere so everything you need is there somewhere. I assume a properly motivated individual could ultimately decrypt/decompile/reverse their way to success. Like I said, in an ideal scenario in the far future, the code is open sourced and the community can contribute to and maintain it. I know that's not realistic given the source is the intellectual property of Spooky, let alone the licensing nightmare that would ensue with Adult Swim.

In addition to being very curious what the source looks like, I just want a Rest and Ricklaxation adventure mode

#20276 20 days ago

So my right upper flipper (precision flippers) was slipping and I was trying to figure out what to tighten up to get it to stop then both of my right flippers went dead. Any thoughts? Button works but the coils do not fire in test mode.

#20277 19 days ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

So my right upper flipper (precision flippers) was slipping and I was trying to figure out what to tighten up to get it to stop then both of my right flippers went dead. Any thoughts? Button works but the coils do not fire in test mode.

Check the wiring and diodes on the coils to make sure you didn't bump something off with your hand.

#20278 18 days ago

Looking to sell some stuff/ toys from when i owned Rick and Morty.

Complete set of figures (official Adult Swim).
$115 shipped.

Message me if interested.

IMG_7652 (resized).jpegIMG_7652 (resized).jpegIMG_7654 (resized).jpegIMG_7654 (resized).jpeg
#20279 18 days ago

I also have these three official Adult swim Lego type characters/figure set
$45 shipped, for all three.

Message me if interested.

IMG_7658 (resized).jpegIMG_7658 (resized).jpegIMG_7657 (resized).jpegIMG_7657 (resized).jpegIMG_7656 (resized).jpegIMG_7656 (resized).jpeg

IMG_7662 (resized).jpegIMG_7662 (resized).jpeg
#20280 17 days ago

So, my R&M has started randomly rebooting. It's fairly frequent and has happened not only during gameplay, saw it do it just sitting in attract mode the other day.

I would presume this is related to a hardware failure, maybe something causing a voltage drop and triggering a low voltage protection circuit...not sure where to start though, and spooky is out for the holiday weekend, so figured I'd see if anyone had thoughts?

#20281 17 days ago

How much does the lit crystal mod go for?

#20282 17 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

If I remember like $60

#20283 17 days ago

The price for a Blue Crystal mod is now $60 shipped anywhere in the US. Canada is usually $65-$70 (USPS pricing varies). Note: If you are from Canada and are willing to send me a bag of Old Dutch Ketchup chips, we can negotiate price.

(Shout Out to Northerndude, one good dude!)

#20284 17 days ago

The optos in front of my drop targets have sheets done a piss poor/iffy job of registering. Is this an issue with hardware, coding, or an adjustment. I sure would like to make them better. Game is hard enough without shitty optos or switches that rob you of shots.

#20285 17 days ago
Quoted from xfassa:

The price for a Blue Crystal mod is now $60 shipped anywhere in the US. Canada is usually $65-$70 (USPS pricing varies). Note: If you are from Canada and are willing to send me a bag of Old Dutch Ketchup chips, we can negotiate price.
(Shout Out to Northerndude, one good dude!)

thx man! A Rick & Morty without the crystal mod looks naked!

1 week later
#20286 10 days ago

Hooooooooly that was one hell of a first ball!

PXL_20240603_195552022 (resized).jpgPXL_20240603_195552022 (resized).jpgPXL_20240603_195846469 (resized).jpgPXL_20240603_195846469 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#20287 2 days ago

So I recently purchased a NIB Bloodsuckers edition 2nd hand. Early run. Had been sitting in a warehouse for a couple of years. Initially had a problem with the sound. Spooky sent me a new amp that resolved the issue no problem. Now I’m finally getting to put some games on it and I’m discovering more issues. The EOS for the left flipper was not properly adjusted. Not a big deal. The right upper flipper starts to stick and drag after a few games. Can’t figure out why. Also getting a bunch of air balls from the right ramp. Already cracked the balcony on the house sculpt.

This is all annoying but i understand that adjusting games is just part of the process in this hobby. I just want to know everything I need to buy to get this thing bulletproof.

How are the pinball life ramp plastics to resolve the air ball issues? What other parts/mods do I need to go ahead and get so this early run machine works properly? Is there already a consolidated list of common issues somewhere?

Thank you in advance for any help. Really excited to dive into this game. Will probably eventually make a tournament tutorial as well so if anyone has strategy tips send those my way as well!

#20288 2 days ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

I just want to know everything I need to buy to get this thing bulletproof.

How are the pinball life ramp plastics to resolve the air ball issues? What other parts/mods do I need to go ahead and get so this early run machine works properly? Is there already a consolidated list of common issues somewhere?

First, congratulations, you just got one of the funniest, and most fun games ever.

My first suggestion is to take a long look at all the saved posts in this thread. There are posts about adjusting ramps, ball guides, flipper issues, and a hundred other topics, all of which will help you improve your amazing game just a little bit.

As for mods (that have improved function (because I would say the kalaxian crystal is the BEST non functional mod)) I highly recommend the PBL deflector for the ramp, it helps avoid the ball landing on the house (my balcony has been glued back on like 5 times). The other major improvement you can make with an inexpensive mod is to add in the upgraded launch wireform (https://www.pinballlife.com/PBL-100-0125-00-58). If you really want to ensure the game (PF) last for a very long time, then I also recommend a protector for the portal in the back left corner (https://www.pinballlife.com/rick-morty-garage-hole-protector.html).

If you REALLY want to be on the ball, I would recommend getting a couple spare "ship hinge" as they break frequently and are cheap (https://www.pinballlife.com/PBL-300-0185-00), as well as having a few spare coils around, but that might just be my desire to keep my game running without waiting for slow shipping.

#20289 42 hours ago

See ya

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

The other major improvement you can make with an inexpensive mod is to add in the upgraded launch wireform (https://www.pinballlife.com/PBL-100-0125-00-58).

If you have a 3d printer, I designed an end of launch deflector that serves the exact same purpose.
https://www.printables.com/model/488902-pinball-rick-and-morty-launch-fix

If you can't print yourself, I have it on my webstore for a few bucks.
https://www.robtune.com/product/ball-launch-fix/

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/302#post-6391351

#20290 38 hours ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

So I recently purchased a NIB Bloodsuckers edition 2nd hand. Early run. Had been sitting in a warehouse for a couple of years. Initially had a problem with the sound. Spooky sent me a new amp that resolved the issue no problem. Now I’m finally getting to put some games on it and I’m discovering more issues. The EOS for the left flipper was not properly adjusted. Not a big deal. The right upper flipper starts to stick and drag after a few games. Can’t figure out why. Also getting a bunch of air balls from the right ramp. Already cracked the balcony on the house sculpt.
This is all annoying but i understand that adjusting games is just part of the process in this hobby. I just want to know everything I need to buy to get this thing bulletproof.
Thank you in advance for any help. Really excited to dive into this game. Will probably eventually make a tournament tutorial as well so if anyone has strategy tips send those my way as well!

You have some work to do!but so worth it.

#20291 19 hours ago

Man, when you get this game flowing!

PXL_20240613_040552091 (resized).jpgPXL_20240613_040552091 (resized).jpg
#20292 19 hours ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has anyone seen how Ben's boards work? Are they redesigning their overall flipper design with the new release or just relying on the new board?

Kellogg, Iowa? Wow, you've got to be kidding me. I went to grade school there in the 70's.
No joke. Small world.
Terry.

#20293 17 hours ago

Man, when you get this game flowing!
[quoted image]

Wow awesome! Yep when you have this game dialled in, and really get in the zone, nothing beats it. NOTHING.

#20294 9 hours ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

100% utilize the "Key Posts". They will help you every step of the way.
There is a lot, but root through them.

#20295 9 hours ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

. The right upper flipper starts to stick and drag after a few games. Can’t figure out why.

So that right upper flipper...you should be able to feel any mechanical binding by just moving it with your hand. If it is dragging, then try raising it a bit...make sure the coil sleeve is ok, etc...

If it's not mechanical -
On mine, the soldering was suspect/ super light on the coil and it would act intermittent. Once I reflowed the solder it was fine. The right cabinet switch also caused issues at one point, but just had to re-adjust that as well.

Just be patient, you'll figure it out. Once you get it dialed in, it's great.

#20296 3 hours ago

Thank y’all for the replies. Definitely going to order the ramp Protector and space ship hinge. Will probably go ahead and get the no fear spacer as well. Might try to tackle the rail placement this weekend while waiting on the other parts.

I saw in some of the earlier posts that people were having trouble with the flipper bushings that came stock. And it seems that at some point spooky changed bushings and offered to replace the original factory ones. SpookyCharlie is this something that y’all still do? For reference the NIB I just picked up is #53.

#20297 2 hours ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

Thank y’all for the replies. Definitely going to order the ramp Protector and space ship hinge. Will probably go ahead and get the no fear spacer as well. Might try to tackle the rail placement this weekend while waiting on the other parts.

The first time you have the right ramp off, consider filling the void under the ramp flap with some Med-High density foam.
Having something in there to keep that flap from flexing when the ball enters the ramp will tame a lot of your airballs.

I kinda wish one of the 3-D Printer Guys would make a proper shim for under that ramp flap. As the foam will eventually get tired and need to be swapped out after a while. But it did reduce the frequency of fliers on my machine.

#20298 2 hours ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The first time you have the right ramp off, consider filling the void under the ramp flap with some Med-High density foam.
Having something in there to keep that flap from flexing when the ball enters the ramp will tame a lot of your airballs.
I kinda wish one of the 3-D Printer Guys would make a proper shim for under that ramp flap. As the foam will eventually get tired and need to be swapped out after a while. But it did reduce the frequency of fliers on my machine.

That's one thing that bothers me about that right ramp on my game that i've been meaning to investigate. It never feels like a smooth shot from
the left flipper, instead feeling like it has to fight itself to get up a curve instead of a straight path. I assumed it was flap bending and not providing a smooth transition but haven't had time to look yet.

#20299 2 hours ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

I saw in some of the earlier posts that people were having trouble with the flipper bushings that came stock. And it seems that at some point spooky changed bushings and offered to replace the original factory ones. SpookyCharlie is this something that y’all still do? For reference the NIB I just picked up is #53.

Yep, if your game was NIB then it has the mis-sized flipper bushings. You can ask Spooky to send you a set and they probably will. But, if you are replacing the bushings anyway then I recommend considering using the metal bushing you can get from the PrecisionFlippers shop here on Pinside.

#20300 1 hour ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yep, if your game was NIB then it has the mis-sized flipper bushings. You can ask Spooky to send you a set and they probably will. But, if you are replacing the bushings anyway then I recommend considering using the metal bushing you can get from the PrecisionFlippers shop here on Pinside.

Good info thank you. Maybe I’ll do do both

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Boone, NC
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 406 of 407.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/406 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.