(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 404.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

#551 Checking in. I know people want their games quick but I'm of the camp that prefers to wait and get a later build. By then the assembly line can slap it together with their eyes closed.

My piece of advice would be not to play the game at all until you are close to getting yours. I used to think the same thing about waiting and then I played it today.... Now I can't wait to get my machine!

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I wonder who ended up with #750? Despite the horrendous wait it would be cool to know you got the last one that rolled off the line.

I think Spooky generally auctions off the last game off the line for charity.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I wonder who ended up with #750? Despite the horrendous wait it would be cool to know you got the last one that rolled off the line.

I’m close but not quite last. #746 checking in.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Love the way the multiball starts with the two balls falling to each flipper, then the scoop shoots the third ball between them as they're falling
The crystals look great as well!

Did anyone notice how after the spotlight effect, it literally 'shoots' lasers at the player along with the video?

(also did they add a second spotlight to that animation since the last stream?)

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My piece of advice would be not to play the game at all until you are close to getting yours. I used to think the same thing about waiting and then I played it today.... Now I can't wait to get my machine!

You are gonna end up paying for all of yours and some of Hilton's.

#106 4 years ago

What a great stream and job well done by the entire Spooky team. Huge thank you to Eric doing the play by play rules. I So wish every unveil video was done like this with the code magician explaining everything play by play. He really hit every question and detailed what’s there and what’s coming. Just great thanks!

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What a great stream and job well done by the entire Spooky team. Huge thank you to Eric doing the play by play rules. I So wish every unveil video was done like this with the code magician explaining everything play by play. He really hit every question and detailed what’s there and what’s coming. Just great thanks!

Agreed, having epthegeek on the headset explaining the game was so great. I feel like I’m ready to step up to the game and dominate! But in reality i’ll totally brick everything because my skills are Jerry. But now I know which posts I’m shooting for. Bring it!

#108 4 years ago

Is anyone putting this game on location in Sydney? I have to flip this!

#109 4 years ago

253 checking in! Can't wait to get my game.

#110 4 years ago

The evil Morty song (‘For The Damaged Coda’) never played during the entire stream. Instead we only heard Scott’s remix of the R&M theme after game over. I hope the song hasn’t been removed.

#111 4 years ago

Hey MikeS just wanted to know what the success rate was on that left ramp. I felt like a I saw a lot of failed shots on it. The upper flipper loop also looked to fall short a lot. Also seemed to be a lot of really short ball times.

Just want to know if this seemed at all frustrating when playing?

Aside from that, the callouts and light shows were off the charts!

Looking forward to getting one at home!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

The evil Morty song (‘For The Damaged Coda’) never played during the entire stream. Instead we only heard Scott’s remix of the R&M theme after game over. I hope the song hasn’t been removed.

I was wondering this as well.

#113 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Hey MikeS just wanted to know what the success rate was on that left ramp. I felt like a I saw a lot of failed shots on it. The upper flipper loop also looked to fall short a lot. Also seemed to be a lot of really short ball times.

If you're shooting from a trap or really concentrating on making the left ramp you can make it pretty consistently. You have to hit the ball on the sweet spot and on this shot it is slightly off of where it typically is on other games so you have to adjust. The stand-ups on the left also visually mess with the shot. I think the bottom right flipper is plenty strong enough, you just have to focus and hit it accurately.

As for the upper loop I know Hilton was making some slight adjustments to it after the stream and before I stepped up to it which may have helped. You still have to hit it clean, but it zips around really well and you can loop it multiple times in a row. After playing the game that shot no longer concerns me. It may require you to do some light tweaking of the spinner and loop switches to dial it in but the shot itself is fine and really fun to hit!

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Would like if this was confirmed too. I like having that song in there

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If you're shooting from a trap or really concentrating on making the left ramp you can make it pretty consistently. You have to hit the ball on the sweet spot and on this shot it is slightly off of where it typically is on other games so you have to adjust. The stand-ups on the left also visually mess with the shot. I think the bottom right flipper is plenty strong enough, you just have to focus and hit it accurately.
As for the upper loop I know Hilton was making some slight adjustments to it after the stream and before I stepped up to it which may have helped. You still have to hit it clean, but it zips around really well and you can loop it multiple times in a row. After playing the game that shot no longer concerns me. It may require you to do some light tweaking of the spinner and loop switches to dial it in but the shot itself is fine and really fun to hit!

Heading down with new code to install this morning .

Eric already squanched most of the bugs from stream. Dude is a beast!

#116 4 years ago

#647 standard

#117 4 years ago

The show’s soundtrack is so good. Music choice and placement is well executed and is integral to plot points and character development. I’d really like to treat myself to the vinyl soundtrack, but don’t own a record player. At this point purchasing a turntable seems like letting one expensive hobby inspire another. Dangerous.

For the Damaged Coda as the “Evil Morty” song really deserves a spot. Didn’t it play as a match sequence in an earlier stream?
I’ve got a feeling the song “Hurt” could be used somewhere in the game as well. Charlie did treat the podcast to his rewritten version, “Parts” a few episodes back.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That’s awesome!
If I lived nearby I would come by to help test the new code!

#119 4 years ago

Maybe Spooky will do a TPF stream like last year where Bowen does a deep dive in the modes and gets to the newly installed wizard mode.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think I'll be able to stop down today but hopefully some night this week. I'm addicted. Lol...

And Eric is a total beast and one of the main reasons I was interested in this game. I can't even imagine how awesome it will be once he's done with it!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It seemed like it was similar to steepness and placement of Stern's Walking Dead left ramp.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

It seemed like it was similar to steepness and placement of Stern's Walking Dead left ramp.

It may be more narrow or set a little further back as TWD's left ramp is one of the easier shots in the game. Hmm

#123 4 years ago

Left ramp is fine.

Stats tell the story. Slightly tougher than right ramp.

I also am making a physical tweak to right flipper to ensure no power stolen from bushing burr.

Stats from past day with left ramp at 181 shots to right at 219. Nice comparison.

2ED5CD77-09A3-4932-AAA0-52F8A0692753 (resized).jpeg2ED5CD77-09A3-4932-AAA0-52F8A0692753 (resized).jpeg
#124 4 years ago

Spooky please post game support code updates on website.
I want to update game when I receive it. Thanks

#125 4 years ago

Yo jGraffix where the blades at bro? I know you are cooking up something.....spill it.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Yo jgraffix where the blades at bro? I know you are cooking up something.....spill it.

The stock art blades look really nice in person. They are subtle but match the rest of the art package well. I was on the fence prior to seeing them but will likely order them with my game.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Spooky please post game support code updates on website.
I want to update game when I receive it. Thanks

They will post stable updates when they hit benchmarks. Eric (and the early adopters) will squanch all the bugs in short order .

I updated new code and took care of the few we found yesterday.

Don’t worry, code is cruising quickly.

Also, in regards to right flipper I fixed the busing spacing and now even better. I hit 5 of 5 from trap. Shot is good, and totally makable, just have to hit it straight.

#128 4 years ago

Number 170, you pieces of shit!!!!

I have no idea what game I’m going to sell to make room....and thaaaaaaaaaat’s the way the news goes.

#129 4 years ago

#368!

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The stock art blades look really nice in person. They are subtle but match the rest of the art package well. I was on the fence prior to seeing them but will likely order them with my game.

I'd probably go with the blades if they had artwork that better resembled the show. It is pretty generic.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You sure? I can rip shots at that ramp on the fly. The ball rarely rolls back down when the shot enters the ramp, but I did see this happen many times on R&M.

Hilton saying he's already made adjustments to the game concerns me a bit.

Not looking at things to gripe over here, I'm just head over heels excited about this theme, and I really hope the gameplay is up to snuff with everything else that is awesome about this game.

#132 4 years ago

I am loving the mods so far that were shown, I believe they said 6 modes. This game is going to be super fun especially when they can more modes over time. I didn't really notice the dimensions that well but I was only watching here and there don't want to get to involved in every little detail until I get to play it.

#133 4 years ago

TWD ramp is kind of shallow (IMO)

#134 4 years ago

Not a member. Never seen the show.
Saw the stream game looks fun.
Congratulations!

#135 4 years ago

You sure? I can rip shots at that ramp on the fly. The ball rarely rolls back down when the shot enters the ramp, but I did see this happen many times on R&M.
Not looking at things to gripe over here, I'm just head over heels excited about this theme, and I really hope the gameplay is up to snuff with everything else that is awesome about this game.

No need for concern. Minor adjustments on the second assembled game are normal. This game geometry is spot on. Trust in the designer and get out and play the game.

Look at the stats from past day of play. The left ramp is only slightly more challenging than right which is ‘easy’

5FC7597B-7877-453F-9616-84DDAD282F1B (resized).jpeg5FC7597B-7877-453F-9616-84DDAD282F1B (resized).jpeg
#136 4 years ago

713 standard sometime in 2021

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No need for concern. Minor adjustments on the second assembled game are normal. This game geometry is spot on. Trust in the designer and get out and play the game.
Look at the stats from past day of play. The left ramp is only slightly more challenging than right which is ‘easy’[quoted image]

to add for those not familiar with audits.

This shows 181 successful shots to L ramp and 219 successful to right ramp.
We can likely assume that the right ramp is shot at more often since it is both a natural forehand and back hand shot.

We can make some reasonable assumptions that people had zero problem finding the left ramp after they got in some plays and hence why is was made nearly as often as right. If you want more power from your right flipper then you could always do that in the settings, but honestly... it just is not needed and kind of cheating by allowing you to force a dirty shot up rather than hit a clean one.

Game is honestly a blast. I was excited to get new code this morning so I could run down to install ... and "play test" for an hour

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'd probably go with the blades if they had artwork that better resembled the show. It is pretty generic.

I was hoping for something more like this

sideblade1 (resized).pngsideblade1 (resized).pngsideblade2 (resized).pngsideblade2 (resized).png
#139 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, in regards to right flipper I fixed the busing spacing and now even better. I hit 5 of 5 from trap. Shot is good, and totally makable, just have to hit it straight.

Is this feedback going to spooky as corrections for new builds?

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Look at the stats from past day of play. The left ramp is only slightly more challenging than right which is ‘easy’[quoted image]

Agreed that Scott really nailed the geometry on this game. Layout is super fun to shoot and everything is makeable once you get a feel for the shots. There are no unfair or overly frustrating shots.- I'm looking at you Demogorgan! Outlanes are also really fair on the game. Seems like most of my drains were in the middle.

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I was hoping for something more like this[quoted image][quoted image]

I honestly prefer the stock blades to either of those but everyone has their own tastes. It's nice to have options.

#142 4 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. That tilt animation might be the greatest thing in pinball!

Also loved the modes, especially Pickle Rick and Roy. That shit looks fun!!!

Probably getting mine near the end of summer, but still stoked to watch others get theirs and enjoy it.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to add for those not familiar with audits.
This shows 181 successful shots to L ramp and 219 successful to right ramp.
We can likely assume that the right ramp is shot at more often since it is both a natural forehand and back hand shot.
We can make some reasonable assumptions that people had zero problem finding the left ramp after they got in some plays and hence why is was made nearly as often as right. If you want more power from your right flipper then you could always do that in the settings, but honestly... it just is not needed and kind of cheating by allowing you to force a dirty shot up rather than hit a clean one.
Game is honestly a blast. I was excited to get new code this morning so I could run down to install ... and "play test" for an hour

Thanks for the updates and info! I'm curious, how many shots were made to the garage from the upper flipper, and the upper flipper loop shot (if it tracks those)?

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Thanks for the updates and info! I'm curious, how many shots were made to the garage from the upper flipper, and the upper flipper loop shot (if it tracks those)?

Unsure if it tracks those but I did not look before updating code this morning. Either way, plenty. Shots are very fair and feel great.

#145 4 years ago

Don’t read too much into that. Hilton is obsessive about tweaking games for smooth play.

Now is the time we should all start taking notes on what early owners have been tweaking, so we’re all ready when our games arrive!

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Don’t read too much into that. Hilton is obsessive about tweaking games for smooth play.
Now is the time we should all start taking notes on what early owners have been tweaking, so we’re all ready when our games arrive!

I imagine that Spooky will continually make some adjustments on the line also, so the tweaks necessary for the first batch may not be needed for the others.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from CKrueger:

Agreed yet I rather appreciate that one of the first owners is obsessive about tweaking as that will greatly help everyone from the start! Tweak away Mr Hilton do your thing lol.

#148 4 years ago

I’m just really happy that one of the first owners is an active participant here giving us good content and updates to read. I’m really excited about this game and these are the kind of posts I want to read that help fuel my excitement.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

253 checking in! Can't wait to get my game.

254 in the room. Gonna be a good one...

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I agree 100%. Eric's explanation and answering questions during the stream was great. You weren't listening to a player try to say what they were doing and it came through very cohesive. He also has a good voice for the mic, so maybe he'll end up doing a podcast himself if he doesn't already!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sleepy Hollow, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/3?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.