(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 396 of 405.
#19751 11 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Good to know. It’s the only one I could find. Did Spooky make schematics for R&M??

I wish! People were pleading for that for ages. Finally got some schematics for the Warden board in Scooby-Doo, so they are making progress, but do not seem to want to put any effort into documentation for previous games. I'll see if I can snap a pic of that opto board in by game in a bit so you can at least compare.

#19752 11 months ago

Good to know. It’s the only one I could find. Did Spooky make schematics for R&M??

Yeah, who needs schematics or a manual? Call me old school but I hate not having them for my Spooky games.

#19753 11 months ago

These seem to be the plugs that control the malfunctioning optos. Unplugging them stops the misfire. These in turn feed here (none of which correspond to my error readout or the manual unless I’m totally missing something).
Ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

In my case, I didnt trace the wires but did rely on the RICK OPTO BOARD sticker.. All 4 of my malfunctioning sensors were the white connectors on the same board.
I have my new opto board from PinballLife arriving tomorrow. My bet is that the board is bad.

What really gets me is that I also had to replace the Counter Board near the scoop, as when one of the ribbon cables was plugged in, it shorted out the LED board from Multimorphic (and took out lots of LEDs). Unfortunately, I first tried to replace the multimorphic board.. but at least I have a spare of those now.

Anyway, on my machine with the Counter LED and potentially this Opto board going bad.. Both boards made by Anarchy. Im not sure if they have good Quality control, or if its just bad luck for me.

I'll replace my opto board tomorrow, hopefully problem solved and I'll let you know the results.

#19754 10 months ago
Quoted from nalek:

In my case, I didnt trace the wires but did rely on the RICK OPTO BOARD sticker.. All 4 of my malfunctioning sensors were the white connectors on the same board.
I have my new opto board from PinballLife arriving tomorrow. My bet is that the board is bad.
What really gets me is that I also had to replace the Counter Board near the scoop, as when one of the ribbon cables was plugged in, it shorted out the LED board from Multimorphic (and took out lots of LEDs). Unfortunately, I first tried to replace the multimorphic board.. but at least I have a spare of those now.
Anyway, on my machine with the Counter LED and potentially this Opto board going bad.. Both boards made by Anarchy. Im not sure if they have good Quality control, or if its just bad luck for me.
I'll replace my opto board tomorrow, hopefully problem solved and I'll let you know the results.

New opto board did not fix the issue for me. Next I'll try swapping the Multimorphic board with another one on the game, and see if the randomness moves to another input set.

#19755 10 months ago

I reached out to Spooky via email on Tuesday asking for some help diagnosing my opto issue and haven’t heard back. How long do they usually take to respond? Does emailing their support work or is calling better?

#19756 10 months ago

I reached out to Spooky via email on Tuesday asking for some help diagnosing my opto issue and haven’t heard back. How long do they usually take to respond? Does emailing their support work or is calling better?

From what i've been reading they're fairly busy with scooby problems and tech with that. May get told they're looking at it for you, but just don't

#19757 10 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

From what i've been reading they're fairly busy with scooby problems and tech with that. May get told they're looking at it for you, but just don't

I was figuring that it would be an easy, quick answer for one of their techs. Seems unlikely that this would be the first R&M with this issue or similar.

#19758 10 months ago

It's almost like companies shouldn't release games until they're finished....

#19759 10 months ago
Quoted from sthippie:

It's almost like companies shouldn't release games until they're finished....

I may feel that way but I think that ship has sailed. The model of having a fully vetted product (with a 200 page manual) went the way of the EM dodo. Ah, the Silicon Valley approach... launch a product with a solid idea/concept and 20% of the software/code. Yup, I'm "old".

#19760 10 months ago

What are the current Scooby problems?

#19761 10 months ago

Just from a bit of other people that there's been a pile of QC issues and problems,

#19762 10 months ago

Just from a bit of other people that there's been a pile of QC issues and problems,

Oh geez.

#19763 10 months ago

Hi, Is this the dead battery error? Regards

0084AD7F-1571-49A9-BCD8-4364435C9750 (resized).jpeg0084AD7F-1571-49A9-BCD8-4364435C9750 (resized).jpeg
#19764 10 months ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Hi, Is this the dead battery error? Regards
[quoted image]

that sure looks like it. Hopefully you'll get it back up and running quick with a new battery.

#19765 10 months ago

After reaching out to Spooky and getting no response after a week, I decided to try to track down the source of my misfiring optos myself. Since there are multiple copies of the little Multimorphic boards under the playfield, I started by swapping my suspect opto board with a good one.

After swapping the opto boards, the problem persisted (in the same location), so next I swapped the Multimorphic SW-16 board controlling the misbehaving optos with another one (being sure to change the dip switch settings). This made the problem move to a different set of optos. This gives me confidence that I found the culprit. I ordered a new board from pinballlife today. Hopefully that takes care of it. Pretty disappointed in the utter lack of response from Spooky (not to mention total lack of technical documentation).

Also not really a fan of these boards with tiny surface mounted components. Whatever fried on that board would’ve probably been an easy in house fix on an older game with through pinned boards (assuming there were decent schematics to help trace down the failed component).

#19766 10 months ago

Yeah, I got a SW-16 with a bad input (pop bumper) and had to get a new one, not setup for surface mount work right now. At least the SMT stuff keeps costs down and the board was only $40.

#19767 10 months ago

After reaching out to Spooky and getting no response after a week, I decided to try to track down the source of my misfiring optos myself. Since there are multiple copies of the little Multimorphic boards under the playfield, I started by swapping my suspect opto board with a good one.
After swapping the opto boards, the problem persisted (in the same location), so next I swapped the Multimorphic SW-16 board controlling the misbehaving optos with another one (being sure to change the dip switch settings). This made the problem move to a different set of optos. This gives me confidence that I found the culprit. I ordered a new board from pinballlife today. Hopefully that takes care of it. Pretty disappointed in the utter lack of response from Spooky (not to mention total lack of technical documentation).
Also not really a fan of these boards with tiny surface mounted components. Whatever fried on that board would’ve probably been an easy in house fix on an older game with through pinned boards (assuming there were decent schematics to help trace down the failed component).

Yea I swapped my SW 16s around as well after replacing the opto board. So far the problem has not come up on the new switch locations for me. Not sure why it would be so prevalent in one location but not at all in another.

#19768 10 months ago

Out of the box my R&M has not worked properly, I called Spooky several times with no help! The pin ends play, reboots, or continues to put extra balls into play. This pin has been a total pain in the ass. If anyone has any info for me please share.

Thank you Rick

#19769 10 months ago
Quoted from RickAHG:Out of the box my R&M has not worked properly, I called Spooky several times with no help! The pin ends play, reboots, or continues to put extra balls into play. This pin has been a total pain in the ass. If anyone has any info for me please share.
Thank you Rick

Spooky pins can be glitchy. Start by carefully checking for loose connectors under the playfield and in the backbox. Also make sure you have the correct number of balls in the game. When it’s working, it’s a fantastic pin!

#19770 10 months ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

Out of the box my R&M has not worked properly, I called Spooky several times with no help! The pin ends play, reboots, or continues to put extra balls into play. This pin has been a total pain in the ass. If anyone has any info for me please share.
Thank you Rick

Out of the box? How long have you had it?

As mentioned, the first thing to do is check and hand 'tighten' every connector in the backbox and under the PF. Theirs do not seem to stay put, or the hot glue comes loose and eventually the connectors.

You've updated to the latest (or close to the latest)?

#19771 10 months ago

Also make sure that all the microswitches do not have their mounting hardware tightened too hard, especially at the ball trough. Making sure all the switches work using the switch test is also a good idea.

#19772 10 months ago

So, I put on precision flippers and the left flipper won’t get tight. It feels tight, but as soon as one flip happens it starts to creep and after 10 flips it’s straight up. I’ve even replaced the plunger/clamp with the one from pinballife…any ideas?

#19773 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I put on precision flippers and the left flipper won’t get tight. It feels tight, but as soon as one flip happens it starts to creep and after 10 flips it’s straight up. I’ve even replaced the plunger/clamp with the one from pinballife…any ideas?

When I put mine in my right flipper was slipping after a few games. I finally just completely replaced all the parts but the coil and its been good since. But, I think it was cleaning and sanding (very lightly) the flipper shaft at the end before I set it into the new clamp. Basically I think the BW clamps used in these games are garbage and will sometimes not work out of the box.

For my next Precision flipper replacement I will definitely use his new keyed shaft and clamp.

#19774 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

When I put mine in my right flipper was slipping after a few games. I finally just completely replaced all the parts but the coil and its been good since. But, I think it was cleaning and sanding (very lightly) the flipper shaft at the end before I set it into the new clamp. Basically I think the BW clamps used in these games are garbage and will sometimes not work out of the box.
For my next Precision flipper replacement I will definitely use his new keyed shaft and clamp.

Ya, I did all the above. Unless someone has a better idea…a keyed shaft is in my future. Unfortunately, they are not available right now.

#19775 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ya, I did all the above. Unless someone has a better idea…a keyed shaft is in my future. Unfortunately, they are not available right now.

I'm pretty sure that I have 3 or 4 keyed shafts extra, bought too many accidentally. Don't have the clamps though.

#19776 10 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I'm pretty sure that I have 3 or 4 keyed shafts extra, bought too many accidentally. Don't have the clamps though.

Bummer. I’d be interested, but I’d need the clamp too. Anybody out there with an extra clamp? My poor R&M has been down over a month.

#19777 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, I put on precision flippers and the left flipper won’t get tight. It feels tight, but as soon as one flip happens it starts to creep and after 10 flips it’s straight up. I’ve even replaced the plunger/clamp with the one from pinballife…any ideas?

Have you tightened it so much that the two sides of the pawl are touching? If so, I had the same issue and fixed it by pulling the pawl out, spreading the clamp end and grinding some material from each side, then reinstalling with a new nut/bolt.

#19778 10 months ago

The clamps are one time use from my experience. I had to get the keyed clamps for mine. Perfect now.

#19779 10 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Have you tightened it so much that the two sides of the pawl are touching? If so, I had the same issue and fixed it by pulling the pawl out, spreading the clamp end and grinding some material from each side, then reinstalling with a new nut/bolt.

Actually, I got a new clamp because I thought of this.

I’ve…

1) Tightened and retightened about 100
Times…no exaggeration here.
2) scuffed up the shaft end that interacts with the clamp…with sandpaper.
3) bought new parts for the flipper mech (mainly the clamp and coil shaft).
4) removed the bushing and washed both the flipper shaft and bushing in a solution of water and Dawn detergent to try remove all oil. Thorough rinse and dry. Reassembled….

All, no dice. A keyed clamp and shaft was a thought, but they don’t have any…so I’ve requested a new bushing and flipper shaft and WILL NOT put oil on this one. I really don’t know what else to do…any ideas are welcome. I miss my R&M.

#19780 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve…
4) removed the bushing and washed both the flipper shaft and bushing in a solution of water and Dawn detergent to try remove all oil. Thorough rinse and dry. Reassembled….
All, no dice. A keyed clamp and shaft was a thought, but they don’t have any…so I’ve requested a new bushing and flipper shaft and WILL NOT put oil on this one. I really don’t know what else to do…any ideas are welcome. I miss my R&M.

I bought a new pawl first, too, but I still had to tighten it so far that the two sides crushed together. If the two sides are touching, try doing what I suggested. Hope you get it up and running soon!

#19781 10 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I bought a new pawl first, too, but I still had to tighten it so far that the two sides crushed together. If the two sides are touching, try doing what I suggested. Hope you get it up and running soon!

Thanks…I’ll take a look and make sure that adjustment doesn’t need to be done…I’d be so happy if that’s all that’s needed.

#19782 10 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve…

Instead of sandpaper, maybe try a metal file? I used those cheap harbor freight metal files after cleaning the shafts with rubbing alcohol. Works every time for me.

#19783 10 months ago

Have a set of calipers? Wondering if by chance your precision shaft is slighter smaller/out of spec and it just isn't possible to get it tight.

#19784 10 months ago

And awaaaay we go! One bad sw-16-v2 heading to another dimension. Toggle one dip switch. Swap good for bad. All fixed.

IMG_2929 (resized).jpegIMG_2929 (resized).jpeg
#19785 10 months ago

Got my replacement part(s) for the underside of ship. A.J. rules. Thanks Spooky!

20230609_162629 (resized).jpg20230609_162629 (resized).jpg
#19786 10 months ago

Hey All,
Been a RnM owner for a few months now. Bought game 373 BSE used around 1,400 plays. Game plays great as of now but it kicks my ass. I’m a die hard fan so this one is bolted.
Cheers

#19787 10 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Hey All,
Been a RnM owner for a few months now. Bought game 373 BSE used around 1,400 plays. Game plays great as of now but it kicks my ass. I’m a die hard fan so this one is bolted.
Cheers

Welcome Aboard!

#19788 10 months ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Hey All,
Cheers

Congratulations on getting a fantastic, well integrated game with the IP but is a tough game. I'm still a mediocre player after 2 years but it's my favorite game still.

#19789 10 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Got my replacement part(s) for the underside of ship. A.J. rules. Thanks Spooky!
[quoted image]

Is it possible to have a spare part from Pinball Life if available ?
or the print file is welcome !

#19790 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Is it possible to have a spare part from Pinball Life if available ?
or the print file is welcome !

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4611728
Would need some measurements of the original but I'm willing to bet someone could make the necessary adjustments.

#19791 10 months ago

Is there a software option to disable the coil that moves the ship? It seems so unnecessary to me most of the time.

#19792 10 months ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Is there a software option to disable the coil that moves the ship? It seems so unnecessary to me most of the time.

I think you can lower the power.

I was thinking about just disconnecting the coil.

#19793 10 months ago

The same solenoid raises the post in the middle of the Danesi lock, so you don't want to disable it.

#19794 10 months ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Do not disable the coil!

Hilarious.

#19795 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:I think you can lower the power.
I was thinking about just disconnecting the coil.

You can also shorten that shaft pretty quickly. Keeping the actual movement to a min.

#19796 10 months ago

I've recently noticed that when either side of the ship loop is lit for mode shots or megaseeds and the drop targets are down, the shots through the loop don't award whatever they're lit for. I'm pretty sure that *wasn't* the case previously, but I can't say for sure.

I checked in switch test and all four of the loop optos register correctly. Anybody have any idea what's going on here?

#19797 10 months ago

Troubleshooting my right orbit switch. It never registered, so I installed an MRS switch. It now registers in switch test mode with my magnetic tool, but not the ball when shot via right. 1/10 times in switch test mode it registers via spinner loop, but never in game. I thought it was the rail, but I loosened it and it made no difference. Thoughts?

Video here -

#19798 10 months ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Troubleshooting my right orbit switch. It never registered, so I installed an MRS switch. It now registers in switch test mode with my magnetic tool, but not the ball when shot via right. 1/10 times in switch test mode it registers via spinner loop, but never in game. I thought it was the rail, but I loosened it and it made no difference. Thoughts?
Video here -

While I installed a MRS switch in the inner loop but not the outer one, my switch has worked flawlessly like yours. Have you tried reversing the outer loop switch to see if a little more distance from the metal rail or post might help? I found the orientation of the switch made a difference in other instances.

#19799 10 months ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

Video here -

Message sent

#19800 10 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

While I installed a MRS switch in the inner loop but not the outer one, my switch has worked flawlessly like yours. Have you tried reversing the outer loop switch to see if a little more distance from the metal rail or post might help? I found the orientation of the switch made a difference in other instances.

I often have this issue. I suspect it’s because the switch isn’t high enough and gravity pulls it below from the playfield surface that the ball rolls on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 396 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/396 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.