(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 405.
#19701 11 months ago
Quoted from fnord:

Does anyone have a VPX table for R&M? I see someone was working on one but it was never released. I'm not looking for anything with assets, code, or playfield scan. Should be kosher to link if someone just has the table layout.

I tried reaching out to the individual who made the RM multiple times without any answer.

#19702 11 months ago

I wonder if he received a C&D, probably not since his posts are still up. Ahh well.

#19703 11 months ago

Disregard. Asked a dumb question, found the dumb answer.

#19704 11 months ago

I think this is game is slowly nudging it's way into "Iron Maiden territory" for me (ie stone cold classic). All the games in my collection I love, but just one or two seem to lift themselves to even greater heights and in my opinion, IMDN is one of the most perfect pins ever made. It's just so satisfying to shoot, the play length is pretty much spot on (ball times are never too long, never too short) the code is so versatile for both new and expert players, and the ball just rips around the playfield, it's really something. Quite honestly, when I have a great game on R&M, it's right up there with it. Comboing left ramp, upper, loop garage, right ramp and repeat... when you are zoned in it's just amazing. Fully appreciate the difficulty of doing so, but when you are totally tuned in on this game there's really not much that comes close.

I mentioned it recently, but I had the best game ever on this just comboing everything, I was ripping the upper loop spinner off left ramp, nailing the garage shot over and over, jumping to so many dimensions, collecting megaseeds everywhere I absolutely obliterated my GC score and only started a couple of modes. The multiball on this is usually over in 5 seconds, but I was hitting jackpot after jackpot, getting the supers etc.

I do think this game really is somewhat of a hidden masterpiece - it's still rated pretty highly in the top 100 I know, but I could certainly see that new players on a machine that hasn't been dialled in might walk away from it. Yes, it does require a few tweaks to get it shooting so well - however, once it's done it's verging on pin-perfection.

#19705 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think this is game is slowly nudging it's way into "Iron Maiden territory" for me (ie stone cold classic). All the games in my collection I love, but just one or two seem to lift themselves to even greater heights and in my opinion, IMDN is one of the most perfect pins ever made. It's just so satisfying to shoot, the play length is pretty much spot on (ball times are never too long, never too short) the code is so versatile for both new and expert players, and the ball just rips around the playfield, it's really something. Quite honestly, when I have a great game on R&M, it's right up there with it. Comboing left ramp, upper, loop garage, right ramp and repeat... when you are zoned in it's just amazing. Fully appreciate the difficulty of doing so, but when you are totally tuned in on this game there's really not much that comes close.
I mentioned it recently, but I had the best game ever on this just comboing everything, I was ripping the upper loop spinner off left ramp, nailing the garage shot over and over, jumping to so many dimensions, collecting megaseeds everywhere I absolutely obliterated my GC score and only started a couple of modes. The multiball on this is usually over in 5 seconds, but I was hitting jackpot after jackpot, getting the supers etc.
I do think this game really is somewhat of a hidden masterpiece - it's still rated pretty highly in the top 100 I know, but I could certainly see that new players on a machine that hasn't been dialled in might walk away from it. Yes, it does require a few tweaks to get it shooting so well - however, once it's done it's verging on pin-perfection.

I liked IMDN, but wasn't a keeper for me. I couldn't agree more that R&M is a masterpiece. The art, shots, sound, show clips, callouts, flow, rules, scoring all came together (the total package). Pretty rare...the team definitely gave the license the love it deserved.

#19706 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I played a poorly maintained, poorly tweaked (or never) R&M at a Caesars Palace shop in Vegas this week. No way one could make the left ramp, flooblecrank shot registered 2 of 12 probably. If I didn't know better, I would have walked away and never played one again either.

But I am an owner and keep mine in tip top shape.

*note - weird thing about that R&M on location was it had like every mod to ad ever, lol. Modded up its ass and barely playable.

#19707 11 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I played a poorly maintained, poorly tweaked (or never) R&M at a Caesars Palace shop in Vegas this week. No way one could make the left ramp, flooblecrank shot registered 2 of 12 probably. If I didn't know better, I would have walked away and never played one again either.

Every on location R&M I've played has made me appreciate mine even more. We bought ours from the original owner who is a route operator. I spent a good 3 weekends cleaning, fixing, and tweaking it and it's been amazing since.

Definitely not a game you can set up and forget about. It's a popular theme so it gets a lot of abuse.

#19708 11 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Modded up its ass and barely playable.

Yes, mods can be nice and even add to gameplay. But sometimes lead to worse. Starts with mods that cause ball traps. Some huo pins prefer mods over gameplay. Didn't know you can find these pins on location

#19709 11 months ago

Here’s the dirty modded R&M.

There was a Supreme in same place.

I could have got GC on Rick and morty. But couldn’t lock balls or shoot much.

IMG_1183 (resized).jpegIMG_1183 (resized).jpegIMG_7651 (resized).jpegIMG_7651 (resized).jpeg
#19710 11 months ago

My ship finally popped out of its base…pretty fun glob of hot glue came out with it. Has anyone come up with a permanent fix for this? Maybe just a screw through the back of the cone so the spring can’t come out?

00F5774D-3000-4496-8A29-E24AD37756C6.jpeg00F5774D-3000-4496-8A29-E24AD37756C6.jpeg
#19711 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My ship finally popped out of its base…pretty fun glob of hot glue came out with it. Has anyone come up with a permanent fix for this? Maybe just a screw through the back of the cone so the spring can’t come out?
[quoted image]

Well, there's this... https://www.printables.com/model/262529-rick-and-morty-ship-dangler

#19712 11 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:I played a poorly maintained, poorly tweaked (or never) R&M at a Caesars Palace shop in Vegas this week. No way one could make the left ramp, flooblecrank shot registered 2 of 12 probably. If I didn't know better, I would have walked away and never played one again either.
But I am an owner and keep mine in tip top shape.
*note - weird thing about that R&M on location was it had like every mod to ad ever, lol. Modded up its ass and barely playable.

This is exactly why I avoid location pinball... the games almost never work as intended!

#19713 11 months ago

I finally got a Rick and Morty!!! Just spent a while moving it to my 3rd floor. I can't wait to play this weekend. STI-Beltman did a great job moving this across the country. So relieved.

20230510_221422 (resized).jpg20230510_221422 (resized).jpg
#19714 11 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I finally got a Rick and Morty!!! Just spent a while moving it to my 3rd floor. I can't wait to play this weekend. STI-Beltman did a great job moving this across the country. So relieved.
[quoted image]

Congrats, un real game. You'll feel better at other pins after playing R&M

#19715 11 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

[quoted image]

I got a few plays in. I had no idea how fast and flowy this pin would play.

I found a couple of loose pieces in the cabinet. Does anyone know if these are important? I'm hoping they're scrap pieces.

Thanks

20230511_173307 (resized).jpg20230511_173307 (resized).jpg

#19716 11 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I got a few plays in. I had no idea how fast amd flowy this pin would play.
I found a couple of loose pieces in the cabinet. Does anyone know if these are important? I'm hoping they're scrap pieces.
Thanks
[quoted image]

The rod looks like the post that makes the ship bobble

#19717 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

The rod looks like the post that makes the ship bobble

Thanks Jigz!

I sent an email to spooky. Hopefully, I can purchase a replacement plastic, and maybe get a pic with the pieces assembled. I appreciate the support.

20230512_073907 (resized).jpg20230512_073907 (resized).jpg
#19718 11 months ago

Update to post: I found discussion of the "spring" plastic breaking due to not having the mech/post properly aligned, or something similar. This is making sense now. Sorry if this topic has been brought up before. I understand how annoying it is getting the same question asked in a forum. Just doing my research. I'll keep the post off to the side instead of installing.

I'm thinking the rod was removed since underside of playfield plastic broke? While I have this topside plastic removed, maybe I should reinsert the rod? This is interesting.

20230512_094254 (resized).jpg20230512_094254 (resized).jpg

#19719 11 months ago

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “You: Have a FF Prem/LE and you're feeling a little *meh* about it. Me: I have a gorgeous HUO Rick and Morty BSE with mods (quiet fan, coil fans, crystal mod under ship, awesome ma...”
2023-05-12
Gaithersburg, MD
Wanted
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 127 times

#19720 11 months ago

Had a game freeze up twice today. This was, I think, on ball 4 after a few modes completed (frozen screen attached - 2 megaseed). Wish I could remember more. The other game froze while one ball was stuck behind the right drop target of the horseshoe (lock). Code is currently 9-22-2022. I'll run some switch diagnostics tomorrow and load the latest code. Hope this works. Both games were going great, then the freeze up. My son had a game where the flippers stopped working and ball drained.

20230512_204120 (resized).jpg20230512_204120 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230512-212634_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230512-212634_Gallery (resized).jpg
#19721 11 months ago

Been playing a lot for last few weeks and wondering if anyone feels the same about collecting green stamps.

They are a really important aspect of the game and I feel there could be more player feedback.

Sounds or a special call out, so you really know when you get a green stamp.

Maybe it's just me, but the more feedback the better as far as I am concerned.

Also asking as realise it just may be possible to add to an update?

#19722 11 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Been playing a lot for last few weeks and wondering if anyone feels the same about collecting green stamps.
They are a really important aspect of the game and I feel there could be more player feedback.
Sounds or a special call out, so you really know when you get a green stamp.
Maybe it's just me, but the more feedback the better as far as I am concerned.

I can see that.

Every time I Combo my way through the Moonman Mode, I am disappointed that Rick doesn't seem to care...and it isn't easy to do!

#19723 11 months ago

Someone here previously said this and it's true, this game does make you better at others. A week after getting R&M I finally cracked the high scores on a Monster Bash I've had for 6 months (I never reset the previous owner's scores).

#19724 11 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I can see that.
Every time I Combo my way through the Moonman Mode, I am disappointed that Rick doesn't seem to care...and it isn't easy to do!

Are combos rewarded in any way?

Would be fun if you get a 5 way combo, you get 5 million points or something, 4 way, 4 million etc.

Is there a combo dimension?

#19725 11 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Are combos rewarded in any way?
Would be fun if you get a 5 way combo, you get 5 million points or something, 4 way, 4 million etc.
Is there a combo dimension?

There are combos with bonus points, but there aren't callouts. There might be a visible score designation, but I'm not sure.

#19726 11 months ago

Just added the Jerry Ramp mod. I was skeptical at first, but I gotta say, it's really cool to have a new shot. And it's so strange to have the ball "disappear" when it would normally just bounce back.

#19727 11 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Thanks Jigz!
I sent an email to spooky. Hopefully, I can purchase a replacement plastic, and maybe get a pic with the pieces assembled. I appreciate the support.
[quoted image]

Got a quick response from Spooky and they confirmed the installation for the rod. I didn't get a response on my need to purchase a new gray plastic/spacer/guide. I'll need to do more digging and see if it's offered through PBL or Marco. Thanks everyone!

#19728 11 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Got a quick response from Spooky and they confirmed the installation for the rod. I didn't get a response on my need to purchase a new gray plastic/spacer/guide. I'll need to do more digging and see if it's offered through PBL or Marco. Thanks everyone!

Knowing Spooky, they will just send you the part for free. It's just a 3d printed part I believe.

#19729 11 months ago

Has anyone else been getting their pinballs trapped above each drop target (at the horseshoe lock)? It happens at least once evey game. I changed playfield rise from 6.5 to 6.9 degrees but it continues to happen. Also, I looked underneath at the drop target mechs but didn't know where to start when adjusting the target height.

Thanks!

20230517_121710 (resized).jpg20230517_121710 (resized).jpg20230517_121725 (resized).jpg20230517_121725 (resized).jpg
#19730 11 months ago

Those are low.

The adjustment should be a wing nutted bolt on the bottom of the Mech. It will adjust the Drop Plate to raise/Lower the target when tripped.

You just need to raise them up so that the tops of the drop targets are level with the playing surface when tripped.

#19731 11 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Those are low.
The adjustment should be a wing nutted bolt on the bottom of the Mech. It will adjust the Drop Plate to raise/Lower the target when tripped.
You just need to raise them up so that the tops of the drop targets are level with the playing surface when tripped.

Ok, must be these loose wingnut/bolts received in a separate plastic bag. I'll insert these and hopefully get the targets level. Thanks!!!

20230517_134435 (resized).jpg20230517_134435 (resized).jpg
#19732 11 months ago

Left the club today guys. It was a fun ride for sure, but it was time to pass it on to another collector.
Had a lot of great memories with this game and am going to miss it down the road for sure. Have fun you m*therf*ckers.

#19733 11 months ago

I can't see myself ever selling this one - but I say that about all my games.

#19734 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Left the club today guys. It was a fun ride for sure, but it was time to pass it on to another collector.
Had a lot of great memories with this game and am going to miss it down the road for sure. Have fun you m*therf*ckers.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#19735 11 months ago

Thanks for passing her on to me @fatpanda. Made it back to KC in fantastic shape; already put a dozen+ games on her.

Begrudgingly had to pass on my pre-order slot years ago as I was out of space. Glad to finally remedy the judgement lapse.

Raising a glass towards Madison.

IMG_5769 (resized).jpegIMG_5769 (resized).jpeg
#19736 11 months ago

Congrats on the R&M! Really feel its a modern classic. Great shots, hillarious theme integration, great ruleset.

#19737 11 months ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Thanks for passing her on to me FatPanda. Made it back to KC in fantastic shape; already put a dozen+ games on her.
Begrudgingly had to pass on my pre-order slot years ago as I was out of space. Glad to finally remedy the judgement lapse.
[quoted image]

Love to see it! Glad you were able to make it back safely and that it is all set up. Looks great in your game room!

#19738 11 months ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Thanks for passing her on to me FatPanda. Made it back to KC in fantastic shape; already put a dozen+ games on her.
[quoted image]

bh187-waynes-world.gifbh187-waynes-world.gif
#19739 11 months ago

#19740 11 months ago

UPDATE TO OLDER POST:
Recap: R&M Bloodsucker will not boot after applying the most recent update. Says "update required" after applying update. Does not matter how many times you apply the update, you always get the same message.

AJ at Spooky had me send him the CPU/HDD assembly. That was three weeks ago. AJ has had it in his possession for two weeks, but still has not looked at it. I've spoken with him twice, and he always promises to get it done the next day, but it doesn't seem to happen.

Maybe AJ is overworked? Maybe Spooky needs more than one person to do tech support for all their titles??? AJ told me he's asked mgmt for an assistant, but it hasn't been approved.

#19741 11 months ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

The plastic protectors on my noob noob plastic broke tonight. Does anyone sell plastic protector sets for R&M? I can't find any.

Pinball life can cut them if needed as well,

Quoted from PinPilot:

UPDATE TO OLDER POST:
Recap: R&M Bloodsucker will not boot after applying the most recent update. Says "update required" after applying update. Does not matter how many times you apply the update, you always get the same message.
AJ at Spooky had me send him the CPU/HDD assembly. That was three weeks ago. AJ has had it in his possession for two weeks, but still has not looked at it. I've spoken with him twice, and he always promises to get it done the next day, but it doesn't seem to happen.
Maybe AJ is overworked? Maybe Spooky needs more than one person to do tech support for all their titles??? AJ told me he's asked mgmt for an assistant, but it hasn't been approved.

This has been my experience the past year with spooky. I reach out, get a response with a promise to follow up, then wait for a pretty good length of time (weeks to months), then reach out again. I’ve been nothing but polite but still just tossed aside until I really press the issue.

#19742 11 months ago

Has Charlie stepped back at Spooky? Never see or hear from him anymore...

#19743 11 months ago

What are they charging nowadays to diagnose/fix four year old games? Very cool if our warranties are still good.

#19744 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Has Charlie stepped back at Spooky? Never see or hear from him anymore...

My understanding is that Charlie works on acquiring licenses for machines, but has stepped back from daily operations with Luke, Bug and Squirrel leading production and support.

Quoted from Pinstym:

What are they charging nowadays to diagnose/fix four year old games? Very cool if our warranties are still good.

Tech support is free, but replacement parts may have a cost. I believe Spooky games have a 1 year warranty and I've heard from others that Spooky has sent replacement parts for free after the year has elapsed, generally for parts that are relatively low cost.

#19745 11 months ago

Support at Spooky is extremely hit or miss. I needed a plastic piece for the portal topper and they just mailed it out free, and did it fast. Then I have the issue with the CPU after applying the most current update. I mail it to them at their request. Then they just sit on it. I can't play my machine. Really sucks...

FWIW, AJ said he's overwhelmed with support requests from the new Scooby Doo owners. Sort of makes one wonder.

#19746 11 months ago

Hi. I am having a weird sensor problem. Attached is a video.
Basically 4 sensors are triggering simultaneously. They are
Right ramp enter
Right ramp made
Left ramp enter
House interior

Video here: at the end you can see it go crazy https://files.fm/u/qj835ft2k

They can trigger about once a minute or super fast as this video shows.

It was doing this non stop about a month ago, then didn't do it for a few weeks, but now it's back.

It'll do it on its own when no one is near the machine or when playing. Definitely helps the score, but undesired!
i figure it's got to some electric issue, but the fact these sensors are simultaneously hitting, and connected to 2 different boards makes it hard to troubleshoot.

In test made the ramp sensors trigger as expected when moving finger over them. I have not gotten to the house interior one though

Any help on something to try is appreciated

EDIT: Not sure why the switch test screen shows that house interior is on a different board. I looked through the manual and found all four of those inputs are on the same half of the Rick opto board. My guess is there is an internal short in that opto controller. I may try to replace that and see where I get to.

PXL_20230520_163419591.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230520_163419591.MP (resized).jpg

#19747 10 months ago

I also started having opto trouble yesterday. The portal trough jam opto and main trough jam opto fire randomly, resulting in too many balls in play and no ball in the portal trough.

Either I am misreading something or the wiring of my machine matches neither the switch test readout nor the manual. I traced the wires from each opto and reseated those connections to no avail.

Antibody out there know which boards/wires I should be looking at? I’m starting to doubt myself here and stumped.

IMG_2818 (resized).jpegIMG_2818 (resized).jpegIMG_2821 (resized).jpegIMG_2821 (resized).jpegIMG_2822 (resized).jpegIMG_2822 (resized).jpeg
#19748 10 months ago

These seem to be the plugs that control the malfunctioning optos. Unplugging them stops the misfire. These in turn feed here (none of which correspond to my error readout or the manual unless I’m totally missing something).

Ideas?

IMG_2826 (resized).jpegIMG_2826 (resized).jpegIMG_2827 (resized).jpegIMG_2827 (resized).jpeg
#19749 10 months ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

These seem to be the plugs that control the malfunctioning optos. Unplugging them stops the misfire. These in turn feed here (none of which correspond to my error readout or the manual unless I’m totally missing something).
Ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Keep in mind, Spooky didn't make that wiring spreadsheet, perhaps it has errors.

#19750 10 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Keep in mind, Spooky didn't make that wiring spreadsheet, perhaps it has errors.

Good to know. It’s the only one I could find. Did Spooky make schematics for R&M??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 13,500.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 395 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/395 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.