(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 391 of 405.
#19501 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

SO quick question for you guys. what adjustment needs to be made for the center scoop to keep it from shooting the ball sdtm. I am having a large percentage of balls sent screaming down the middle from the scoop. Its super annoying to lose the ball almost everytime I start a mode.

I would think a little bit more bend in the angle. I have tweaked mine with my hands, wouldn’t use any tools.

#19502 1 year ago

Speaking of the center scoop...I don't have an issue with the eject, that part works well. I find my center scoop is not all that hungry, it maybe eats 30-40% of my shots. The hunger for slow shots is clear, but hard direct shots have a very large reject rate. Is there a method that I can use besides lowering the mech (which I think will damage the PF over time) that has worked for anyone?

On the original scoop backing, I had bent it forward, bent it backwards, nothing seemed to help. I then got a replacement from PBL and noticed the scoop got a little hungrier but after about a month the reject % has gone back up to more than 60%.

#19503 1 year ago

I have created a new forum for the Jerry Ramp. Follow along here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-jerry-ramp

IMG_8327 (resized).jpgIMG_8327 (resized).jpg
#19504 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Is your scoop mech angled? Mine is angled towards the lower right flipper slightly.

I suddenly encountered this issue on mine after a while, and moving it to another location. I inspected it and the rubber grommet on the VUK bracket was really loose and gave alot of way. So I tightened it down with some ducttape, and after that is has been consistent.

#19505 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

SO quick question for you guys. what adjustment needs to be made for the center scoop to keep it from shooting the ball sdtm. I am having a large percentage of balls sent screaming down the middle from the scoop. Its super annoying to lose the ball almost everytime I start a mode.

game level?

#19506 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I ordered this for $2 and will see if it does the trick.
ebay.com link: itm

I got my $2 batteries finally from China and it was a simple install in the game. Just needed to unplug the old connector and plug the new one in. This battery even had adhesive on the back for installing on the board. No idea how long these will last but I ordered an extra just in case. Will plan to install a new one every 2 years just in case.

20230228_181704 (resized).jpg20230228_181704 (resized).jpg

#19507 1 year ago

Really happy with the quality of these, I also had to lower my flipper power from 28 to somewhere around 18-20 and it still seems to be shooting harder than with the stock flippers!

20230302_170621 (resized).jpg20230302_170621 (resized).jpg20230302_170641 (resized).jpg20230302_170641 (resized).jpg
#19508 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been covered - but I noticed my topper lights up and spins sometimes when the garage isn't lit. It'll still stop after it is lit & I hit the shot for a dimension, and most of the time it only starts spinning when the garage is lit....but every so often, it's just lit and spinning for seemingly no reason. Is this a known software bug?

#19509 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is this a known software bug?

Yes, known bug on the latest code.

#19510 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

Yes, known bug on the latest code.

Thanks!

#19511 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Really happy with the quality of these, I also had to lower my flipper power from 28 to somewhere around 18-20 and it still seems to be shooting harder than with the stock flippers![quoted image][quoted image]

But Pickle Rick is no longer a hidden Easter egg!!

#19512 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I got my $2 batteries finally from China and it was a simple install in the game. Just needed to unplug the old connector and plug the new one in. This battery even had adhesive on the back for installing on the board. No idea how long these will last but I ordered an extra just in case. Will plan to install a new one every 2 years just in case.
[quoted image]

Do batteries have to be replaced in these games?

On this topic, what about Stern games, or games where I've installed NVRAM?

#19513 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Do batteries have to be replaced in these games?
On this topic, what about Stern games, or games where I've installed NVRAM?

As far as I know, the lithium batteries are just for keeping board bios settings on R&M. You don't loose game settings and highscores if they are empty. But you will need an USB keyboard to re-enable the auto boot on Power loss setting in the bios.

Sterns Spike system battery is just used for real time clock. So no problem if it runs empty. Settings and scores are saved to the SD card.

#19514 1 year ago

You don't have batteries in games that have nvram

#19515 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

As far as I know, the lithium batteries are just for keeping board bios settings on R&M. You don't loose game settings and highscores if they are empty. But you will need an USB keyboard to re-enable the auto boot on Power loss setting in the bios.
Sterns Spike system battery is just used for real time clock. So no problem if it runs empty. Settings and scores are saved to the SD card.

Sorry, so does that mean we do have to replace batteries?

#19516 1 year ago

In Rick and Morty, yes.

#19517 1 year ago

Yes, I just did this on mine. Annoying, but ultimately easy & everything gets back to normal. Didn’t even lose my settings.

#19518 1 year ago

No, not necessarily. I will wait for the battery to run empty. If that happens, the Mainboard on my R&M will not power up because of lost bios setting. I will redo the bios setting with an USB keyboard and change the battery to a new at that time. Everything will be back to normal after that...

But if you don't want to fix that little computer issue after power loss, you will have to change the battery from time to time (every 3 years to be very save), not a big deal at all.

#19519 1 year ago

Didn't we just go over this? You can measure the battery voltage while it's still installed very easily, and you should replace it, with the game on, if it gets below 3v.

#19520 1 year ago

No, not necessarily. I will wait for the battery to run empty. If that happens, the Mainboard on my R&M will not power up because of lost bios setting. I will redo the bios setting with an USB keyboard and change the battery to a new at that time. Everything will be back to normal after that...
But if you don't want to fix that little computer issue after power loss, you will have to change the battery from time to time (every 3 years to be very save), not a big deal at all.

Why on earth would you wait to mess around with it that late? couple bucks and an easy fix without having to fuck with it later.

#19521 1 year ago

The plastic protectors on my noob noob plastic broke tonight. Does anyone sell plastic protector sets for R&M? I can't find any.

#19522 1 year ago

Spooky will have them for you.

#19523 1 year ago

If you have the early model pc in your R&M like I do (first 100 or so games) you also may need to reimage the PC as well as setting the bios. Still a relatively easy fix, but it's easier just to swap the battery in hopes of avoiding this situation.

#19524 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Spooky will have them for you.

I didn't see them on Spooky's web site. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

#19525 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, I just did this on mine. Annoying, but ultimately easy & everything gets back to normal. Didn’t even lose my settings.

And you have to do this roughly every 3 years?

#19526 1 year ago

And you have to do this roughly every 3 years?

I just swap put the battery every couple of years while the games powered on. That way I don't have to worry about fixing anything and the batteries are cheap.

#19527 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:Why on earth would you wait to mess around with it that late? couple bucks and an easy fix without having to fuck with it later.

I wait until my car is completely out of gas. Then I coast to the side of the road, get my gas can from the trunk, and walk to the nearest gas station.

#19528 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I just swap put the battery every couple of years while the games powered on. That way I don't have to worry about fixing anything and the batteries are cheap.

Any suggestions on what battery to buy, and instructions on changing them?

Do modern Stern games (Spike) need this as well?

#19529 1 year ago

Dude, scroll back and read, it was just layed out on a platter for you. Try the search feature also

#19530 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Dude, scroll back and read, it was just layed out on a platter for you. Try the search feature also

#19531 1 year ago

You're supposed to tell him to check the game manual. Hilarious.

#19532 1 year ago

It's just a common CR2032 "coin" style lithium battery. Pops right out of the holder, new one pops right in. Easy peasy. I had a bunch of spares that I use in my Sega Saturn.

#19533 1 year ago

Remember when you could just put an NVRAM in and not have to worry about batteries messing up your games? I member.

#19534 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's just a common CR2032 "coin" style lithium battery. Pops right out of the holder, new one pops right in. Easy peasy. I had a bunch of spares that I use in my Sega Saturn.

Sounds like there is this style, and one that plugs in like MikeS posted about. Mine is an early run game, and I'm sure i have the plug in style, but need to check before I order them.

#19535 1 year ago

who neeeds fancy flippers? not me

PXL_20230226_203110116 (resized).jpgPXL_20230226_203110116 (resized).jpg
#19536 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

[quoted image]

How?

#19537 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

[quoted image]

Yeah, looks more like you need new glass

#19538 1 year ago

Ball 1 ~150M (predominantly a stacked 5-ball multi)
Ball 3 ~120M (115M 6x Scary Wizard Mode) with a 280M bonus (47 seeds)

#19539 1 year ago

Meh. Delete comment.

Not even worth my time.

#19540 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Is your card set to start w/ 0 Adventures?

#19541 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thank you kindly. Just wanted to be certain before purchasing.

I appreciate it.

#19542 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Is your card set to start w/ 0 Adventures?

No, factory. I do not hate myself that much.

#19543 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

How do you get 6x?

Think I am missing something here!

#19544 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How do you get 6x?

Adventure Selector - AKA Morty’s Choice: Morty gets to choose 1 of every 10 adventures, so when you have completed 9, the 10th adventure start will bring up the adventure selector and you can choose what adventure you go on. All the adventures are available to pick from. Any adventure you have not “Completed” already will be available with multiplied scoring. The amount of the multiplier is based on the number of green stamps you have on your card. Rick Potion No.9 is only available from the adventure selector on a full card.

#19545 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Balls 4 and 5.

#19546 1 year ago

Why on earth would you wait to mess around with it that late? couple bucks and an easy fix without having to fuck with it later.

I had to mess around as my nib arrived. After I knew what to do, I thought that's quite easy to do for me, nothing to "fuck with" at all. Why should I mess around to change the battery with power on and have a timer to change the battery or check it periodically... It takes me an additional minute if it ran out, not a problem at all... But my pin is not on location and I have a late run R&M... Everyone his own

#19547 1 year ago

Meh. Delete comment.
Not even worth my time.

Also, what will help you instead of asking every single time you need help. Click the “Key Posts” tab at the top. You won’t even have to wait for someone to reply. They’ve already had the problem. Posted about it to help with your day.

#19548 1 year ago

Hi, new owner of BSE #667 here. Happy to finally be in the club! After looking through the key posts, I still had 2 questions I was hoping someone could help me with. One is, when I go to reset high scores, the machine hangs and I have to hard reset. Has that happened to anyone else? I'm on version 22.09.02

Second issue is speaker buzz/hum. This is separate from the fan noise, but there is a constant buzz coming from the backbox speakers. Maybe a grounding issue? Not too loud, but doesn't seem right.

Thanks for any help!

#19549 1 year ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

Hi, new owner of BSE #667 here. Happy to finally be in the club! After looking through the key posts, I still had 2 questions I was hoping someone could help me with. One is, when I go to reset high scores, the machine hangs and I have to hard reset. Has that happened to anyone else? I'm on version 22.09.02
Second issue is speaker buzz/hum. This is separate from the fan noise, but there is a constant buzz coming from the backbox speakers. Maybe a grounding issue? Not too loud, but doesn't seem right.
Thanks for any help!

Maybe check the line out from the board to your amp for the speaker hum. Maybe the 1/4 plug is slightly pulled out from transportation?
Check that or the amp end in the bottom of the cabinet.

#19550 1 year ago

Maybe check the line out from the board to your amp for the speaker hum. Maybe the 1/4 plug is slightly pulled out from transportation?
Check that or the amp end in the bottom of the cabinet.

Thank you. By process of elimination(testing amp with another input and testing cpu output on another amp/speaker set) I found out it was the cable going between the cpu and amp that was getting the interference. I have a temporary workaround, but will look for a better shielded cable.

Still having the issue with the high score reset freeze. Maybe I should try returning to all factory settings or reinstall up latest update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 391 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/391 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.