(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 390 of 405.
#19451 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Theres been a few ramp mods pop up recently, this one however seems almost factory in its implementation. The Jerry (and Summer and Beth) shot isn't very dynamic and not something I typically enjoy shooting for. Do you have any further game play video? Would love to see what secondary gameplay changes occur with the mod in place.

I will add more gameplay footage hopefully early next week!

#19452 1 year ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

Interactive_Mods Looks like the rail to the garage is removed. Does the ball ride along the wood? Any impact on the upper flipper garage shot?

The metal peice is removed. There is another peice that will come with the kit to suround the hole under the garage. The garage shot is improved in my opinion and much more consistent.

IMG_8262 (resized).jpgIMG_8262 (resized).jpg
#19453 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pending code update to add detection for Jerry -> Garage switch to only count it as a jerry hit and play a "oh, you're one of THOSE people" callout.
<it's a joke, don't throw things>

Haha, I love this idea paired with @pinstym's idea to always bring youinto a negative dimention.

#19454 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Be pretty cool if you could make that Jerry ramp mod blue so it's like part of the crystal on the platstic above.

Other colors are doable. I chose white so the RGB lighing isn't changed.

#19455 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Garage shot is way too easy with this mod. Add me to the list. Can't wait!
If there is any possibility to have that one rivet out of the ball path that would be great.

I will have the rivet moved when I finalize the metal ramp enterance.

#19456 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pending code update to add detection for Jerry -> Garage switch to only count it as a jerry hit and play a "oh, you're one of THOSE people" callout.

905403EE-9528-437F-9FBB-96F3295D60CA (resized).jpeg905403EE-9528-437F-9FBB-96F3295D60CA (resized).jpeg

#19457 1 year ago

Sick mod, I want one.

#19458 1 year ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

I will have the rivet moved when I finalize the metal ramp enterance.

Definitely interested. Do you have an idea of cost at this point?

#19459 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Definitely interested. Do you have an idea of cost at this point?

Indicated about $160 in his original post.

#19460 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you could add optional code that you can set Jerry portal hits from 1-5 that would be cool. Any additional call outs would be fantastic / you become a god in my book and I pray to you every Sunday.

The best thing about this mod is that it adds a shot and a quick return to the left flipper. Incorporating the dead space on this side of the PF is very welcomed in my book.

#19461 1 year ago

For the mod, I'm definitely of mixed thoughts about it, but I will say this:

Not only is it fairly clever in both thought and execution, it's actually pretty on-brand for Jerry that his switch is hiding behind the women...

#19462 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Not only is it fairly clever in both thought and execution, it's actually pretty on-brand for Jerry that his switch is hiding behind the women

What I like.....is that its reversible....so it doesn't have to be permanent. I have a lot of non pinball people that love to play it but its a real challenge for them to hit shots. I think this will help

#19463 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

What I like.....is that its reversible....so it doesn't have to be permanent. I have a lot of non pinball people that love to play it but its a real challenge for them to hit shots. I think this will help

Agreed; my 10 and 12 yr old will love the mod.

#19464 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I originally designed this mod for myself and wasn't planning to release it. I designed it because the metal guide to the garage wasn't consistent enough so I set out to create a fix. I also didn't like the way the meeseeks multiball ended with a shot to the Jerry target and thought a ramp shot would be so much more satisfying and boy was I right. I have made so many versions of this ramp tweaking the geometry for a smooth satisfying shot. The area was very tight to have everything fit and I was able to make the mod fully reversible with a simple install. The ramp shot triggers the jerry target just as in regular gameplay. Because of all the interest, I've decided to produce this ramp if I get enough confirmed requests. I still need to finalize the metal ramp entrance and switch bracket. I would produce up to 30 ramp kits, including all hardware and electrical if I have enough confirmed interested people. The kits would be about $160usd. I will start making a list so send me a message and I will add your name to the list.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the idea of it as it's not permanent... but the metal ramp flap need much improvement.

#19465 1 year ago

Not only is it fairly clever in both thought and execution, it's actually pretty on-brand for Jerry that his switch is hiding behind the women

That’s a great observation about the Jerry switch… lol. Just looking at it though, I wonder if there will be problems with the switch registering as it’s on the right side of the ramp and I think the shots will be on the left side. Does it stick out far enough?

#19466 1 year ago

I’m not a fan of this Jerry ramp mod.

#19467 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It makes me physically angry if i'm being honest. Just take the glass off ffs. Teach an AI to flip for you.

#19468 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The saving grace is that it's reversible at least. Otherwise, very fitting that it's for the Jerry shot.

#19469 1 year ago
gif.gifgif.gif
#19470 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I originally designed this mod for myself and wasn't planning to release it. I designed it because the metal guide to the garage wasn't consistent enough so I set out to create a fix. I also didn't like the way the meeseeks multiball ended with a shot to the Jerry target and thought a ramp shot would be so much more satisfying and boy was I right. I have made so many versions of this ramp tweaking the geometry for a smooth satisfying shot. The area was very tight to have everything fit and I was able to make the mod fully reversible with a simple install. The ramp shot triggers the jerry target just as in regular gameplay. Because of all the interest, I've decided to produce this ramp if I get enough confirmed requests. I still need to finalize the metal ramp entrance and switch bracket. I would produce up to 30 ramp kits, including all hardware and electrical if I have enough confirmed interested people. The kits would be about $160usd. I will start making a list so send me a message and I will add your name to the list.

F@*k those Jerrys.

Put me down for one, please.

#19471 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Indicated about $160 in his original post.

Thanks... didnt see that. Count me in.

#19472 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

If you could add optional code that you can set Jerry portal hits from 1-5 that would be cool. Any additional call outs would be fantastic / you become a god in my book and I pray to you every Sunday.
The best thing about this mod is that it adds a shot and a quick return to the left flipper. Incorporating the dead space on this side of the PF is very welcomed in my book.

I would love to get my hands on the code and add more adventures!

#19473 1 year ago

Not only is it fairly clever in both thought and execution, it's actually pretty on-brand for Jerry that his switch is hiding behind the women...

Haha, too funny! I would like to get one of these images made into stickers and add it to the ramp entrance.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#19474 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

It is not the easiest shot but it balances out the difficulty of the one garage shot by adding another path.

#19475 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I like the idea of it as it's not permanent... but the metal ramp flap need much improvement.

This ramp entrance is from a TSPP. The final metal ramp entry will be custom fit for the shot.

#19476 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

That’s a great observation about the Jerry switch… lol. Just looking at it though, I wonder if there will be problems with the switch registering as it’s on the right side of the ramp and I think the shots will be on the left side. Does it stick out far enough?

Great question. The switch is far enough out that it makes contact with the ball against the left wall.

#19477 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:Pending code update to add detection for Jerry -> Garage switch to only count it as a jerry hit and play a "oh, you're one of THOSE people" callout.

Honestly I would be fine if only the Jerry shot counted and it simply warped the ball back to left flipper without a dimension. Garage only counts when no Jerry - mod is very cool and creates another fun shot!

#19478 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I decided to try a set of the precision flippers out on R&M. Wasn't super into the idea of them in general, but I've always felt there was a lot of inconsistency with R&M. For that reason, I thought I would at least try them. I have only played about 15 games since installing them, but they do seem to make a big difference in terms of consistency and hitability of the shots (left ramp specifically).
I've put a ton of time into dialing R&M in, as I think it's a great game, but just needed a little extra TLC. One big issue was everyone struggling to hit the left ramp. Because of that I had the coil power dialed way up and installed pin monk coil fans to try to keep the heat down. I did some testing for him on ACNC and they definitely perform as advertised. After installing the precision flippers, I knew immediately I was going to have to turn the power WAY down. The game was playing so insanely fast and the flippers were hitting with a ton of power. Even after turning the power down, all the shots are hitable (more hitable than with the power up really).
Also had the girlfriend flip a game. She's always complained about the clunkiness of spooky games, so she's a tough sell. One game and she said it feels like a totally different game. All that said, I don't think I'll put precision flippers on every game I own, but I think in certain instances they can make sense.

Which precision flipper kit do folks prefer? The solid bats or the lighter see through style?

3B489F4A-FD3C-48D6-9D56-681079EBA058 (resized).png3B489F4A-FD3C-48D6-9D56-681079EBA058 (resized).png
#19479 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Which precision flipper kit do folks prefer? The solid bats or the lighter see through style? [quoted image]

For R&M I ordered the solid silver bats, but I was a fairly early adaptor before there were other options. I did order the hollow ones for ACNC. Haven't received so don't know.

#19480 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Which precision flipper kit do folks prefer? The solid bats or the lighter see through style? [quoted image]

For RAM I ordered silver halo bats, solid silver bats for ACNC. Colors are nice and certainly a matter of personal preference. You'll like the new precision flipper performance and look, no matter which choice you make.

#19481 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

For R&M I ordered the solid silver bats, but I was a fairly early adaptor before there were other options. I did order the hollow ones for ACNC. Haven't received so don't know.

What color did you go with for ACNC? I got some black ones for mine

#19482 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

What color did you go with for ACNC? I got some black ones for mine

I went with the anodized purple. I think they will look killer!

#19483 1 year ago

This ramp entrance is from a TSPP. The final metal ramp entry will be custom fit for the shot.

I'm in for one. Thanks.

#19484 1 year ago

Great question. The switch is far enough out that it makes contact with the ball against the left wall.

Pm sent. I’m in for one. Looks like it adds another fun shot. And besides me mostly casual players on my R&M. Making the portal shot very rare for them. So my goal is to make my R&M as fun and approachable as possible.

I’m also a bad parent and my almost 11 y/o loves the show. But my machine is a bit too tough on him to enjoy. This mod and the precision flippers hopefully tip it in his favor.

#19485 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I've had the flippers and keyed shafts in my cart for 3 days now and haven't pulled the trigger because I can't settle on a freaking color choice.

I put far less thought into buying the actual machine than I have with this decision.

#19486 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

I've had the flippers and keyed shafts in my cart for 3 days now and haven't pulled the trigger because I can't settle on a freaking color choice.
I put far less thought into buying the actual machine than I have with this decision.

Have you tried a power adjustment on the flippers first? I did (I own a set of the precision flippers on my iron maiden, fyi, dig em but not for every application) and it worked for me very well. I also had the updated flipper bushing installed from Spooky so I'd recommend that along with the power increase via the menu first. if that doesn't change how the game shoots then would recommend the flippers 100%.

#19487 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnytruant:

Same here lol. I have RaM standard so I am really having a tough choice as to whether to go with this new purple halographic or not.

#19488 1 year ago

I did silver Halos. Nice looking, generic. Can swap in and out of different games if wanted.

#19489 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I went with the halos. I love the improved accuracy and have zero plans to remove them from R&M. However, there is still a slight difference in dead bounces so I needed to retrain my brain to avoid center drains after a bounce.

#19490 1 year ago

Add me to the list.

#19491 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I went blue Halos with GITD Titans. Play beautifully.
24E1DD52-6B0D-4FAF-9AAE-9D2F89B00EBE (resized).jpeg24E1DD52-6B0D-4FAF-9AAE-9D2F89B00EBE (resized).jpeg

#19492 1 year ago

So I received the modified divertor back from mantis. 20230221_151728 (resized).jpg20230221_151728 (resized).jpg
Here it is with the ball guide in the original position20230221_151847_resized (resized).jpg20230221_151847_resized (resized).jpg
now with the ball guide moved back a smidge...lines up perfectly20230221_152109_resized (resized).jpg20230221_152109_resized (resized).jpg
and in its "diverted" position20230221_152118_resized (resized).jpg20230221_152118_resized (resized).jpg
original "diverted" position, a bit clunky right 20230130_131650_resized (resized).jpg20230130_131650_resized (resized).jpg
the only issue with installing this was when moving the ball guide back, it could come in slight contact with the e-clip. This can be corrected by replacing the nylon bushing to the newer spooky flipper bushing, thus lowering the e-clip a bit, or just not pushing it too hard against the e-clip...I left mine as is as and it works fine. Available from Mantis Amusements.

#19493 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So I received the modified divertor back from mantis. [quoted image]
Here it is with the ball guide in the original position[quoted image]
now with the ball guide moved back a smidge...lines up perfectly[quoted image]
and in its "diverted" position[quoted image]
original "diverted" position, a bit clunky right [quoted image]
the only issue with installing this was when moving the ball guide back, it could come in slight contact with the e-clip. This can be corrected by replacing the nylon bushing to the newer spooky flipper bushing, thus lowering the e-clip a bit, or just not pushing it too hard against the e-clip...I left mine as is as and it works fine. Available from Mantis Amusements.

Do you really notice a difference? When the diverter is engaged, the screws don't appear to be in the ball path.

#19494 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Do you really notice a difference? When the diverter is engaged, the screws don't appear to be in the ball path.

I suppose the best way to test it would be to set up a slow motion camera with before and after footage, but at the very least its not hitting that edge of the ball guide when going from left to right (as in a loop shot). I've had slow moving shots that come back often enough. Its a hard area to observe when playing. I played a few games with it modified as is...all seems good. I'd like to say I can now hit that loop shot 9x in a row...but I'd be lying as I'm just not that good of a player...
edit- played a few more games this morning...ball whips around that loop!

#19495 1 year ago

Standard color halos with purple rubbers for me!
Looking at Pickle Rick through the halo always gives me a chuckle.

PXL_20230222_131931951 (resized).jpgPXL_20230222_131931951 (resized).jpgPXL_20230222_131943793 (resized).jpgPXL_20230222_131943793 (resized).jpg
#19496 1 year ago

I need that, do you know if they will be sold on mantis website or does this require sending a diverter to them for modification?

Quoted from monkfe:

So I received the modified divertor back from mantis. [quoted image]
Here it is with the ball guide in the original position[quoted image]
now with the ball guide moved back a smidge...lines up perfectly[quoted image]
and in its "diverted" position[quoted image]
original "diverted" position, a bit clunky right [quoted image]

Mine occasionally gets hung up shooting from the third flipper. Turning the diverted on didn’t help, and I’ve tried every adjustment and fix that I’ve seen.

Quoted from snaroff:

#19497 1 year ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

I need that, do you know if they will be sold on mantis website or does this require sending a diverter to them for modification?

Mine occasionally gets hung up shooting from the third flipper. Turning the diverted on didn’t help, and I’ve tried every adjustment and fix that I’ve seen.

Mantis said about two weeks to get them in hand no need to send in your old one...its completly new..I'd send him an email to "lock it in" ...Hope this works for you...

#19498 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Mantis said about two weeks to get them in hand no need to send in your old one...its completly new..I'd send him an email to "lock it in" ...Hope this works for you...

Indeed, thanks!!

#19499 1 year ago

SO quick question for you guys. what adjustment needs to be made for the center scoop to keep it from shooting the ball sdtm. I am having a large percentage of balls sent screaming down the middle from the scoop. Its super annoying to lose the ball almost everytime I start a mode.

#19500 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

SO quick question for you guys. what adjustment needs to be made for the center scoop to keep it from shooting the ball sdtm. I am having a large percentage of balls sent screaming down the middle from the scoop. Its super annoying to lose the ball almost everytime I start a mode.

Is your scoop mech angled? Mine is angled towards the lower right flipper slightly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 300.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
$ 13,500.00
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 390 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/390 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.