(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 405.
#19201 1 year ago

Just entered a dimension "we're safe here in Froopyland" where the ball save was enabled for a very long time. I didn't find this on the rule sheet. Has anyone else entered this dimension? Pretty cool.

Does anyone have a link to a complete list of the dimensions?

#19202 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just entered a dimension "we're safe here in Froopyland" where the ball save was enabled for a very long time. I didn't find this on the rule sheet. Has anyone else entered this dimension? Pretty cool.
Does anyone have a link to a complete list of the dimensions?

Seen a post on one of the facebook groups where someone else got this and thought it was a glitch. Someone commented and said they added it in the last code update

#19203 1 year ago

You guys haven't been to Froopyland? I guess I play this game a lot...when in Froopyland keep charging up the portal gun but do NOT enter the garage. You want to stay in Froopyland as long as possible!

You can see all of the dimensions if you go into the 1 ball mode and select a specific dimension to play in.

#19204 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

It is so rewarding to see some of those near-impossible shots become more doable. I'm inclined to minimize my coil strength in an attempt to safeguard the plastics (maybe even the pf) for the long term view of the game's life. Once the precision flippers system was installed I found my existing coil settings to be way too powerful. Lowering the settings I thought also put less strain on the coils but I'm probably just being silly. Glad you're enjoying your new setup.

Yep I dig it. I feel I have a good balance between flipper power and protecting the machine. I have the precision flippers on my Iron Maiden (oddly, I find Maiden fades far worse than RAM) and enjoy them on that machine. I debated them on my RAM but the flipper coil adjustment seems to have addressed my issue. We shall see if this leads to fade etc.. RAM doesn't greatly lend itself to trapping the ball, so I think thats in part why I haven't see fade, but could see it being an issue if you were laying on the flippers.

Oh and Froopyland is amazing. The last major code drop with the new dimensions was epic, imho.

#19206 1 year ago

Sweet link...saved. Thank you. The vast number of dimensions really adds a lot to this game. When the game kept saving the ball for me, I thought the game was malfunctioning

#19207 1 year ago

Knocker Dimension is Best Dimension.

So brutally hysterical.

#19208 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, presumably flipper fade is less of a thing with precision flippers?

Yes. And you can significantly lower the power.

#19209 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

You guys haven't been to Froopyland? I guess I play this game a lot...when in Froopyland keep charging up the portal gun but do NOT enter the garage. You want to stay in Froopyland as long as possible!
You can see all of the dimensions if you go into the 1 ball mode and select a specific dimension to play in.

Ha. I’m guilty of cheezing the game with this method too.

#19210 1 year ago

Hey guys. The plastic flap that the ship is attached to finally broke. I have the metal replacement, but it looks like I have to take the large plastic over the horseshoe off. To do that it also looks like I have to remove the right ramp (easy) and the house???? The house does not look easy. Am I missing something stupid simple here or is this flap just a pain in the ass to replace?

#19211 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Hey guys. The plastic flap that the ship is attached to finally broke. I have the metal replacement, …

Where did you get the metal replacement? My plastic flap broke too. I have a replacement plastic one, but I’ve been dragging my feet replacing it because I figure it will just break again.

#19212 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Hey guys. The plastic flap that the ship is attached to finally broke. I have the metal replacement, but it looks like I have to take the large plastic over the horseshoe off. To do that it also looks like I have to remove the right ramp (easy) and the house???? The house does not look easy. Am I missing something stupid simple here or is this flap just a pain in the ass to replace?

Need to take off both ramps them the house comes out easy just one screw on each side of the house.

#19213 1 year ago

Does anyone have a Rick and Morty Playfield they'd sell? I believe my next big project is going to be to build my own Rick and Morty machine.

#19214 1 year ago

Just got my game last week, and absolutely love it! Shots, theme integration, code…really give props to Spooky and Scott. The shots are so unique and satisfying when you hit them. Modern masterpiece IMO!

#19215 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Just got my game last week, and absolutely love it! Shots, theme integration, code…really give props to Spooky and Scott. The shots are so unique and satisfying when you hit them. Modern masterpiece IMO!

Yep, it’s our favorite. Definitely one of the best ever for all the reasons you mention

#19216 1 year ago

Someone please explain the House Diverter ? Mine was stuck. What and When is it supposed to work? I removed the mech, got it to work again, but haven’t noticed anything different !!

#19217 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Someone please explain the House Diverter ? Mine was stuck. What and When is it supposed to work? I removed the mech, got it to work again, but haven’t noticed anything different !!

Check your settings to see if it is enabled.

#19218 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

The house diverter will send right orbit shots to either the garage if it's lit, or down through the spinner loop if garage is not lit. Where do your right orbit shots wind up going?

#19219 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Pretty important mech to get working properly...I dealt with this issue soon after unboxing:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/164#post-5984455

#19220 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-morty-home-build-of-doom-and-destruction#post-7355757

I am building my own Rick and Morty. If anyone has extra parts (scratch and dent, etc), I'd be interested in buying!

#19221 1 year ago

Does anyone have a backup/clone of their SSD they'd be willing to share? Specifically one from a machine running the Asrock board?

Feel free to just PM if you don't feel comfortable responding here. I get where some people don't agree. Not trying to step on anyone's toes at all with this.

#19222 1 year ago

For anyone getting precision flippers bushings:
My playfield had a bit of clear coat coating the bushing holes. So much that the bushing wouldn't fit through them. I heard people were taking a drill to it but that seemed a little dicey to me. I used an exacto pen and gently scraped off all of the clear coat lining the hole. Eventually the bushings all fit through.

However, I would recommend getting the keyed shafts as well because two of the three flipper clamps weren't able to grip the new shaft. I probably tightened too much or not enough but either way it is a super annoying problem to have.

PXL_20230119_015435906 (resized).jpgPXL_20230119_015435906 (resized).jpg
#19223 1 year ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

However, I would recommend getting the keyed shafts as well because two of the three flipper clamps weren't able to grip the new shaft. I probably tightened too much or not enough but either way it is a super annoying problem to have. [quoted image]

Is this just when the Precisions are used with Rick and Morty?

#19224 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My experience was that R&M required me to crank the pawls so tight that I stripped the nut or broke the bolt multiple times. I got two of them clamped, but couldn’t get the final one. I ordered a replacement pawl from Pinball Life, but just broke more bolts and stripped more nuts. I finally had to spread the pawl open and grind the mating surfaces to get enough clearance for the park to bite onto the shaft. A total PITA and made me wish I’d bought the keyed shaft setup (I bought my setup before the keyed ones were available).

On UM, the pawls were different and had more clearance, so not problem installing in just a few minutes.

#19225 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

My experience was that R&M required me to crank the pawls so tight that I stripped the nut or broke the bolt multiple times. I got two of them clamped, but couldn’t get the final one. I ordered a replacement pawl from Pinball Life, but just broke more bolts and stripped more nuts. I finally had to spread the pawl open and grind the mating surfaces to get enough clearance for the park to bite onto the shaft. A total PITA and made me wish I’d bought the keyed shaft setup (I bought my setup before the keyed ones were available).
On UM, the pawls were different and had more clearance, so not problem installing in just a few minutes.

Why do you think it's just a Rick and Morty opinion? It's weird, as I've rebuilt flippers on other pins, but only really encountered this on R&M.

#19226 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why do you think it's just a Rick and Morty opinion? It's weird, as I've rebuilt flippers on other pins, but only really encountered this on R&M.

I’d guess that the precision flippers have a very accurate shaft diameter and the stock flippers were pretty loose on tolerances. I didn’t take any measurements to prove this, but I can say that I had to grind the pawl on R&M to get it tight, but on UM there was still a gap in the pawl when fully tightened. I think it was likely just differences in manufacturing by the suppliers on different years.

It’s worth the few extra $ on R&M to buy the keyed pawls.

#19227 1 year ago

So..does no one care about the news about the creator of R&M?
Sadly the pin is permanently tainted for me.

#19228 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Which creator and which incident? That's rhetorical, don't forget about Harmon back when he was with Community.

Honestly I don't see how this is related to the fantastic pinball that Scott and Spooky created, but can understand if it taints your view of the creators of the show.

#19229 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

For a #MeToo accusation?
All documents sealed.

But sure. Go ahead and convict the guy.

#19230 1 year ago

No, I don't. One of the best machines ever! This is pinball. He could kill someone and mine's still bolted to the floor

#19231 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

don't forget about Harmon back when he was with Community.

Are you sure we can’t? He sincerely apologized in public and she accepted his apology and even said his apology was “a master class in how to apologize.” He was attracted to someone he had power over, and that was wrong, but isn’t there even a slim chance of forgiveness? He lost his job and the show was canceled as a result, and he comes off as sincere in feeling that he deserved that, is all future accomplishment banned for him, too?

#19232 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

What information and facts have been revealed about the case. I haven’t seen anything yet. Just that there is a complaint against him and it’s going through the courts. But any actual information, facts and evidence, I’ve seen none. I haven’t even seen what the allegations of what happened even.

#19233 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Are you sure we can’t? He sincerely apologized in public and she accepted his apology and even said his apology was “a master class in how to apologize.” He was attracted to someone he had power over, and that was wrong, but isn’t there even a slim chance of forgiveness? He lost his job and the show was canceled as a result, and he comes off as sincere in feeling that he deserved that, is all future accomplishment banned for him, too?

I have no issue here, was just using that example to make a point to the individual discussing this topic in a pinball thread.

#19234 1 year ago

Does anyone else’s pop not register consistently? I’ve checked the spoon and the switch adjustment. They both look good, but there are often times where the ball fully hits the pop skirt without it firing. This might happen a few times in a row, then it’ll fire. Sometimes the ball can actually roll across the top of the skirt and not trigger it, even though I know from experimenting that the switch is physically closing.

#19235 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Does anyone else’s pop not register consistently? I’ve checked the spoon and the switch adjustment. They both look good, but there are often times where the ball fully hits the pop skirt without it firing. This might happen a few times in a row, then it’ll fire. Sometimes the ball can actually roll across the top of the skirt and not trigger it, even though I know from experimenting that the switch is physically closing.

Mine did this and instead of moving the bottom metal contact up, I actually ever so slightly pushed the upper metal contact down closer to the bottom one. Since I've done that, my pop bumper has been perfect.

#19236 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What information and facts have been revealed about the case. I haven’t seen anything yet. Just that there is a complaint against him and it’s going through the courts. But any actual information, facts and evidence, I’ve seen none. I haven’t even seen what the allegations of what happened even.

I guess we can’t enjoy The Shadow pin either with Alec going to court now.

#19237 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I guess we can’t enjoy The Shadow pin either with Alec going to court now.

It’s easy just get an alternative trans light.

#19238 1 year ago

Or like Stern AC/DC drummer, just grab a sharpie and....

#19239 1 year ago

If you need artists to be behaviorally clean in their personal lives, you’re going to have to forgo a LOT of art. Forget looking at lots of painting and sculpture. Forget music. Ditto for film. Books would be dicey, too. Dance? No way. Give it all up. If you’re drawing the line with people who behave badly, get caught, and end up in a court of law or the court of public opinion, you’re drawing a false distinction for the convenience of your entertainment.

#19240 1 year ago

Fuck....I was excited maybe the superhuman Eric had made a game update.

#19241 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I had the same issue with GnR; one of the flipper clamps would just not hold the Precision flipper shaft tightly. I even replaced the entire clamp assembly with a new part. Ended up using the Precision keyed shaft/clamp and that did the trick.

#19242 1 year ago

Hi All, Was just cruising through some of the forum threads to get caught up. I can say that the shaft sizes on the factory flipper are .001 larger than mine, but the real cause for the factory clamps not doing their job is the mterial from which they are made. The original Bally Williams clamps were made of a high grade steel, the modern day units have monkey metal in them, translated that means Zinc.

Bottom line they are hit and miss because they don't have enough tensile strength to apply proper clamping force, they are pretty much a one and done clamp. Some have had no issues, and others have as mentioned. That is what compelled me to design a clamp system that fixes this issue on all game types, even Stern.

The Stern clamps work better, but they tend to strip threads or the hex screw socket rounds over. So again my clamp system solves that problem too. My recommendation is to give your factory clamps a go, if they do hold then you'll be good to go. If not then opt to install my clamp system.

BTW, thank you R&M game owners who purchased flipper kits from me over the past few weeks, I really apprectiate it! I'm on the hunt for one of these games myself now
John

#19243 1 year ago

Hey John, I see your stock is pretty cleaned out. Any idea when the the next batch gonna be available? Looking forward to upgrading!

#19244 1 year ago

johnnytruant I should have everything back in stock about two weeks from now, including the new Purple and Green HALOGRAPHIC's as well. Feel free to send me a PM in a few days and I'll update you again. Thanks for inquiring!

#19245 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Fuck....I was excited maybe the superhuman Eric had made a game update.

I think though that they basically just hinted that new code, maybe modes, will be coming for Rick and Morty now that Eric is full time on staff. Otherwise why even mention "our other games" after noting that he is coding a future Spooky game.

#19246 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I think though that they basically just hinted that new code, maybe modes, will be coming for Rick and Morty now that Eric is full time on staff. Otherwise why even mention "our other games" after noting that he is coding a future Spooky game.

They didn't mention "other games" though, unless I'm missing something? I wouldn't expect any new content for R+M at this point.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19247 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

My left drop target did this. I lifted the playfield and checked it out and compared it to my still working right drop target. If you look at the drop target assemblies you'll see a little coil that pulls in a small metal finger that contacts the drop target in order to knock the drop target down. On my left drop target, this finger would often miss contacting the drop target, and it would sail right through the very top of the central slot in the drop target. Meanwhile, the finger on working right drop target would make contact with the drop target every time, just above that central slot. I just bent the little metal finger up slightly on the left side, until it made consistent contact with the drop target just a hair above the central slot, and that solved the issue with mine.
Note that if you lift the drop target all the way up off its support ledge, by fully extending it, I think you want that little finger to be able to go clear through the top of the central slot, so don't bend the little metal finger too far up.
I hope that's not too confusing.

This is a reference to an old post but I started having balls get stuck behind the drop targets on my machine recently and I had trouble visualizing it, so I thought I'd upload a couple pictures to help others.

I removed the drop target assembly from the playfield to take the following picture. The teal arrow is pointing to the "finger" and the red arrow is pointing at the very top of the "central slot in the drop target" (the drop target is the translucent white plastic behind the metal bracket). You can see that the finger had chipped away part of the drop target, in effect making the slot longer. This allowed the finger to go through the slot in the drop target instead of knocking the target off the catch that was holding it up... so I started having the problem. I simply bent the finger away from the slot a bit to keep it from sliding into the hole. I've played several games and don't seem to be having the problem any more.

RickAndMortyDropFix01 (resized).pngRickAndMortyDropFix01 (resized).pngRickAndMortyDropFix02 (resized).pngRickAndMortyDropFix02 (resized).png
#19248 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

They didn't mention "other games" though, unless I'm missing something? I wouldn't expect any new content for R+M at this point.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I disagree. The “likes to code … well you know the rest wink wink” is the hint

#19249 1 year ago

Officially a Rick & Morty owner!!!

This game is fun! Now to figure out what version I’m running and the Ruleset

#19250 1 year ago

Finally got around to unstalling Hooked EL kit ( mod to purple eyes) and green chrome vacu flipper buttons.

Easily one of my favorite games!!!

20230122_225400 (resized).jpg20230122_225400 (resized).jpg20230122_225639 (resized).jpg20230122_225639 (resized).jpg20230122_225656 (resized).jpg20230122_225656 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 385 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/385 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.