(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 384 of 405.
#19151 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

If any changes are being made, I'd suggest adding a step to add to kick out the ball in the portal kicker by the left flipper inlane. I've had times were two balls get stuck there and the game won't kick it out.

Try starting pickle Rick over and over in challenge mode. Starts with two balls resting in the left trough. You may have an easier time diagnosing it.

#19152 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

If any changes are being made, I'd suggest adding a step to add to kick out the ball in the portal kicker by the left flipper inlane. I've had times were two balls get stuck there and the game won't kick it out.

Intresting. There's definitely a stacked ball switch in there and all of the trough/ball-search handling checks it for balls.

#19153 1 year ago

I was having issues with the scoop ejecting straight down the middle, so I turned the scoop eject ball save on, but it didn’t do anything

#19154 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Intresting. There's definitely a stacked ball switch in there and all of the trough/ball-search handling checks it for balls.

I don't recall it kicking out, but will pay closer attention when if happens next and post an update.

#19155 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I was having issues with the scoop ejecting straight down the middle, so I turned the scoop eject ball save on, but it didn’t do anything

Did try adjusting the scoop power?

#19156 1 year ago

Also ordered precision flippers, and added them to my game. Contacted John via Pinside with a quick question, and he replied with a call the same day. The keyed shaft design is really cool, and easy to install.

Haven't put many games on with the new flippers, but I do appreciate everyone sharing their experience. I always struggled a bit with the stock flippers (probably from my own incompetence) but I am excited to have the precision ones installed (they look awesome too). Would have never known about them without this thread, so thanks everyone! With only 750 games being made, I don't see this ever leaving my collection!

#19157 1 year ago

Joining the club here shortly, as my BSE is en route. Looking to see if anyone is selling a blue crystal mod. Pinball Life doesn't have it listed any longer. PM me if you do. Thanks.

#19158 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Joining the club here shortly, as my BSE is en route. Looking to see if anyone is selling a blue crystal mod. Pinball Life doesn't have it listed any longer. PM me if you do. Thanks.

contact Xfassa

#19159 1 year ago

Any chance a sneaky Christmas update has happened today?

#19160 1 year ago

Finally got time to install my Precision Flipper full kit today. Very easy process to do everything. Literally first game I played I got the highest score I've had in recent memory as well as longest game. Incredible difference, so glad I bought them.

#19161 1 year ago

Me and my family have gone through a lot of different pins in the past 7 years. We are over a 100 pins we have owned in trying to find ones we love. Rick and Morty maybe our favorites ever. Every time I play this pin it makes me smile. I also appreciate Eric to stay dedicated to the code. I just love it all!

#19162 1 year ago

Finished installing the precision flip system on all 3 flippers with bushings and keyed shafts. Wow! What a significant improvement in the ability to hit tight shots. Had a 6 loop + Noob target skill shot that awarded ~1.2M and then a loop + garage skill shot that awarded about the same. Never have I ever come close to 6 consecutive loops. They flowed like butter and the only thing I changed was the flipper system.

PXL_20221229_023812474 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_023812474 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_023819791 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_023819791 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_032005921 (resized).jpgPXL_20221229_032005921 (resized).jpg
#19163 1 year ago

@SuperMass77 Glad you are happy with the results. You have unlocked the games potential. Amazing what happens when you remove that wonky plastic from the most important part of the user interface in the game

#19164 1 year ago

So when I booted up the game tonight it was doing this. The game works as expected, but 90% of the lights stay white and the counter LED's are also on. When you start a game a few of the dialogue lights do change color, but most of the all stay white. Anyone seen this or have any ideas? I tried connectors, but nothing yet.

1230222159_HDR (resized).jpg1230222159_HDR (resized).jpg1230222159c_HDR (resized).jpg1230222159c_HDR (resized).jpg
#19165 1 year ago

A little more troubleshooting today. The lights that aren't white are the ones that are working as expected. I did some tracing and it doesn't seem to be a specific board that I can tell which makes me think it is some controller further back, but I'm not sure where they feed from.

I see on the left board in the backbox is where the speaker led's connect (which are working), I assume the rest of the LED's also come from there. I see 4 fuses in there but not sure what they are for.

Any ideas? These are a little harder to troubleshoot than older games.

1231221307_HDR (resized).jpg1231221307_HDR (resized).jpg
#19166 1 year ago

I'm sure someone has figured this out, but I can't find it in the earlier posts. I want to take the house off and inspect the diverter area as I think something is a little off, but I really don't want to remove my ramps again. They are perfect as they sit.

Has anyone figured out how to remove the two hard to reach screws for the house without removing the ramps? Is there a long and skinny tool anyone has used and confirmed fits without removing the ramps? Yes I know I can always repair the wood on the ramp holes but it would really save a lot of trouble if I didn't have to take these dam ramps off.

#19167 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I'm sure someone has figured this out, but I can't find it in the earlier posts. I want to take the house off and inspect the diverter area as I think something is a little off, but I really don't want to remove my ramps again. They are perfect as they sit.
Has anyone figured out how to remove the two hard to reach screws for the house without removing the ramps? Is there a long and skinny tool anyone has used and confirmed fits without removing the ramps? Yes I know I can always repair the wood on the ramp holes but it would really save a lot of trouble if I didn't have to take these dam ramps off.

Removing those ramps is quite easy, so I would just remove them rather than get clever. Putting them back exactly where they are is also straightforward...little/no risk of messing up.

#19168 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A little more troubleshooting today. The lights that aren't white are the ones that are working as expected. I did some tracing and it doesn't seem to be a specific board that I can tell which makes me think it is some controller further back, but I'm not sure where they feed from.
I see on the left board in the backbox is where the speaker led's connect (which are working), I assume the rest of the LED's also come from there. I see 4 fuses in there but not sure what they are for.
Any ideas? These are a little harder to troubleshoot than older games. [quoted image]

Nope , those boards are Pd 16 , for coils and flashers
The boards for the leds (Pd led )are under the playfield , those with the rainbow cable
Check the data cables on them , connectors serial in and serial out

#19169 1 year ago

Anyone else had sound issues post final update (9/22)? I have main voice and sounds cut out during moonman and also had main character voices cut out during a multi/dimension combo mode. Had to reset the game on the multi etc mode to get them back and the voices and sound effects returned post moonman mode during that game.

#19170 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Anyone else had sound issues post final update (9/22)? I have main voice and sounds cut out during moonman and also had main character voices cut out during a multi/dimension combo mode. Had to reset the game on the multi etc mode to get them back and the voices and sound effects returned post moonman mode during that game.

The moonmen muting (and get Schwifty) is on purpose. I can’t stand when pinball talks over song lyrics, so for those two modes, I put the clamp on all the blabbering. There is some specific bug that can leave the ‘mute’ stuck, but I haven’t been able to figure out what that condition is yet - there are so many different places it force resets it’s ridiculous and it still manages to break somehow.

#19171 1 year ago
Quoted from Baboon:

Nope , those boards are Pd 16 , for coils and flashers
The boards for the leds (Pd led )are under the playfield , those with the rainbow cable
Check the data cables on them , connectors serial in and serial out

Got it figured out. Thanks!

#19172 1 year ago

Did anyone else vote for precision flips as Favorite Pinball Mod of 2022, I think it's a deserving winner especially on account that it's pin agnostic and can be used across any title (and it's so damn impressive at improving the gameplay).

#19173 1 year ago

jonesjb Thanks for posting your comments about my flipper system, much appreciated! If others feel the same way I'd sure appreciate your taking a few minutes to cast your vote. Thanks!

https://twipys.com/2022-twipy-awards

#19174 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Personally I never bothered putting the left screw back in so i've got it that I only need to remove the right ramp to get the the house... you could probably get the left one out if you had a hand hoisting the playfield

#19175 1 year ago

I have a few figures. PM me if you want one.

IMG_6705 (resized).jpgIMG_6705 (resized).jpg
#19176 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

there are so many different places it force resets it’s ridiculous and it still manages to break somehow.

I'm a software dev and have had conversations with my pinball friends who think coding a pinball machine should be easy. I'm like, just NO. So many inputs, so many variables, so much randomness!

#19177 1 year ago

And with all those mechanical switches, so many contingencies requiring sane responses to insane inputs, e.g. "THAT shouldn't happen, how can ball trough switches 1 and 3 be closed when 2 isn't?" and the like.

Easy? Hell no. Fascinating? It would be for me.

I'd give anything to be able to peruse the source code.

#19179 1 year ago

Installed the 3 Halo Precision Flip System flippers on my RAM a few days ago. After playing a dozen games I decided to drop my lower left & right flipper settings 20% (25 to 20) and the upper right flipper 17% (30 to 25) as the ball flew where it never had gone before! There is a significant improvement on flipper response and feel after replacing the bushing/keyed shaft/bat. EOS leaf switch adjustment was minor and easy. Like several before me, I'm quite pleased with this upgrade and feel it's worth it on a special game like RAM.

Now I've got to go put 3 Precision Flip System flippers on ACNC but that's after playing a sh*t load more in RAM.

#19180 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Installed the 3 Halo Precision Flip System flippers on my RAM a few days ago. After playing a dozen games I decided to drop my lower left & right flipper settings 20% (25 to 20) and the upper right flipper 17% (30 to 25) as the ball flew where it never had gone before! There is a significant improvement on flipper response and feel after replacing the bushing/keyed shaft/bat. EOS leaf switch adjustment was minor and easy. Like several before me, I'm quite pleased with this upgrade and feel it's worth it on a special game like RAM.
Now I've got to go put 3 Precision Flip System flippers on ACNC but that's after playing a sh*t load more in RAM.

Do you have fade/problems with ACNC? Or are you just hoping it will help with precision of the tight shots

#19181 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

What color halos did you go with?

#19182 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Do you have fade/problems with ACNC? Or are you just hoping it will help with precision of the tight shots

Morgoth00 it's really more of the latter: While I've had some fade it's mainly to get more crisp shots off for precision shots especially since I don't trap as much as I see many other players. I don't think that I ever changed the factory ACNC flipper settings. I try to balance between strong ball action and not obliterating the pf, especially plastics. As HUO game it probably wouldn't be an issue but I'm still cautious.

#19183 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Did adjusting the flipper power actually have any effect? I can’t detect a difference when I adjust flipper power through the settings.

#19184 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

What color halos did you go with?

jk2171 Went with silver halo on RAM and silver solid on ACNC. The blue and purple were tempting but with black bands the bats looked good to me in silver. I admit to factoring overall cost in my decision too. I'm honestly glad with the purchase but don't expect to upgrade my other games, don't feel I need that edge. What are you considering/have you opted for?

#19185 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Did adjusting the flipper power actually have any effect? I can’t detect a difference when I adjust flipper power through the settings.

I thought I did see/feel a change. At first I dropped all 3 flippers by 2 clicks, then 3 more each. I've dialed my RAM in pretty well but the precision flip upgrade was needed to give me much better garage and right outer loop attainment. Even the right ramp had too many failed ascents in my opinion.

With the precision flippers installed, prior to dropping my coil settings I actually had a ball fly off the right ramp at the 90deg turn - which never happened in the prior 1,500 games played. I'm going to monitor play over the next week and lower further if I see what I consider dangerous areal ball play. Hope that helps.

#19186 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

jk2171 Went with silver halo on RAM and silver solid on ACNC. The blue and purple were tempting but with black bands the bats looked good to me in silver. I admit to factoring overall cost in my decision too. I'm honestly glad with the purchase but don't expect to upgrade my other games, don't feel I need that edge. What are you considering/have you opted for?

I was looking at silver as well just to save the $20. Thought about blue for a second, and wish I could see the pics of purple. But purple is out of stock so think I'm going to go with silver as well. Did you get the clamps too?

#19187 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I was looking at silver as well just to save the $20. Thought about blue for a second, and wish I could see the pics of purple. But purple is out of stock so think I'm going to go with silver as well. Did you get the clamps too?

Absolutely! The appeal of this precision flipper system is the 0.005" tolerance of the shaft to the metal (brass insert) bushing WITH the notched shaft that locks more effectively with their new clamp. As an engineer, I think the 4 elements working in tandem are what provide the "precision" - so I'd do the clamps too. BTW, I do NOT work for them but getting further independent feedback hopefully helps us pinheads.

I agree with you on the purple for RAM. I thought the blue would've worked nicely on ACNC but with so many color choices on rubber, plastic shields and now metal flippers, I reached my saturation and opted for good ol' reliable silver.

#19188 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

If any machine needs the keyed shafts it’s R&M. I have a set I haven’t installed yet but when I replaced the bushings to the Spooky (shorter) bushings, the clamps were garbage and I had to monkey with the clamp gaps to get them to bite again. The Spooky clamps are total crap.

#19189 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

If any machine needs the keyed shafts it’s R&M. I have a set I haven’t installed yet but when I replaced the bushings to the Spooky (shorter) bushings, the clamps were garbage and I had to monkey with the clamp gaps to get them to bite again. The Spooky clamps are total crap.

I agree, I had to crank those down so tight I thought for sure I was going to shear the bolt right off of those.

#19190 1 year ago

Photo's of the Keyed Shaft/Clamp set-up for those who haven't yet seen it.

Keyed Shaft Clamp Combo (resized).jpgKeyed Shaft Clamp Combo (resized).jpgStock clamp Vs new clamp W EOS Brkt (resized).jpgStock clamp Vs new clamp W EOS Brkt (resized).jpg
#19191 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I wish I knew about these before ordering, when I checked out the website, I mistakenly thought they were for just Stern.

#19192 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Any idea when the purple precision flippers will be back in stock?

#19193 1 year ago

I should have both the Purple and Green in stock in about 10 days.

#19194 1 year ago

OK, I just pulled the trigger on some halo precision flippers! Hopefully I ordered all the correct stuff, I'm just copying orlandu81 and SuperMas77 as I am very happy with how those silver halos look!!!

Screenshot 2023-01-08 10.32.54 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-08 10.32.54 AM (resized).png

#19195 1 year ago

I thought about waiting for the purple Halos to be in stock, but am very satisified with the silver ones. They look amazing and shoot even more amazing. You're gonna love these things. I ordered two additional sets to put on my MMr and DP.

I should probably order more for all my machines before John wins a TWIPY and raises prices....

#19196 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The moonmen muting (and get Schwifty) is on purpose. I can’t stand when pinball talks over song lyrics, so for those two modes, I put the clamp on all the blabbering. There is some specific bug that can leave the ‘mute’ stuck, but I haven’t been able to figure out what that condition is yet - there are so many different places it force resets it’s ridiculous and it still manages to break somehow.

Ok right on. I dig it, just making sure it was intended. Thanks mate!

#19197 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

I thought I did see/feel a change. At first I dropped all 3 flippers by 2 clicks, then 3 more each. I've dialed my RAM in pretty well but the precision flip upgrade was needed to give me much better garage and right outer loop attainment. Even the right ramp had too many failed ascents in my opinion.
With the precision flippers installed, prior to dropping my coil settings I actually had a ball fly off the right ramp at the 90deg turn - which never happened in the prior 1,500 games played. I'm going to monitor play over the next week and lower further if I see what I consider dangerous areal ball play. Hope that helps.

I noticed a significant change. I upped the power to my right flipper and now the ramp shot is solid (previously, on default, it was a solid miss 60% ish of the time and required you to hit it with significant velocity to clear the ramp. Now, it remains a moderately challenging shot but the misses are not related to power but rather accuracy etc.).

#19198 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

I noticed a significant change. I upped the power to my right flipper and now the ramp shot is solid (previously, on default, it was a solid miss 60% ish of the time and required you to hit it with significant velocity to clear the ramp. Now, it remains a moderately challenging shot but the misses are not related to power but rather accuracy etc.).

It is so rewarding to see some of those near-impossible shots become more doable. I'm inclined to minimize my coil strength in an attempt to safeguard the plastics (maybe even the pf) for the long term view of the game's life. Once the precision flippers system was installed I found my existing coil settings to be way too powerful. Lowering the settings I thought also put less strain on the coils but I'm probably just being silly. Glad you're enjoying your new setup.

#19199 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

It is so rewarding to see some of those near-impossible shots become more doable. I'm inclined to minimize my coil strength in an attempt to safeguard the plastics (maybe even the pf) for the long term view of the game's life. Once the precision flippers system was installed I found my existing coil settings to be way too powerful. Lowering the settings I thought also put less strain on the coils but I'm probably just being silly. Glad you're enjoying your new setup.

So, presumably flipper fade is less of a thing with precision flippers?

#19200 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, presumably flipper fade is less of a thing with precision flippers?

My perspective is driven by two factors: 1 - I'm not much of a major capture/hold practitioner and 2 - I believe that by not overpowering the solenoid I can keep coils cooler, relatively speaking, longer which I believe contributes to fade. Let me be upfront that there are more knowledgeable and technically expert pinheads who may know more, but that's my take which drives my approach. It's kind of approaching the problem from the opposite side taken by using cooling fans.

AND yes! It's mostly a precision shooting benefit for me off dynamic play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Trade
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 384 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/384 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.