(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19,318 posts
  • 702 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 332 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230124_172554_Facebook (resized).jpg
PXL_20230124_174658841 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230124_031338261 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230124_031549913 (resized).jpg
20230122_225656 (resized).jpg
20230122_225639 (resized).jpg
20230122_225400 (resized).jpg
RickAndMortyDropFix02 (resized).png
RickAndMortyDropFix01 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20230119_015435906 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-01-08 10.32.54 AM (resized).png
Keyed Shaft Clamp Combo (resized).jpg
Stock clamp Vs new clamp W EOS Brkt (resized).jpg
IMG_6705 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

105 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 19,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 387.
#19001 54 days ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Have you tried rebooting? I seem to recall some changes don't take effect until you do, maybe that's one of them.

Yes, rebooting doesnt help unfortunately.
epthegeek any overriding setting to be aware of?

Morten

#19002 54 days ago

Turned on R&M today. Screen said 'no signal' before going black. Playfield went all white. Checked all the connectors. All good.

Ran the update again. Back to normal. I just got this game and noticed the update says to run twice depending on the build date. Usually the date stamped on the back of the cabinet, but not on this machine. Any where else I should look?

I have #128, so fairly early in the run.

#19003 53 days ago

Finally finished the R&M flipper swap to Precisons that I started on Thanksgiving. One of the original clamps on the mech (lower right) got stripped and would not clamp down. I ordered flipper rebuild kits from Pinball Life that arrived yesterday and I swapped the hardware. After a few trial and error attempts I finally got the last flipper clamp tight enough to play a few games with no movement.

I am curious what power settings changes others have done on this game. I can absolutely see I will have to relearn the shots or make some adjustments because they are NOT in the same spot. But does seem a lot more consistent than before.

Attached a few pics for those considering these upgrades for their Spooky pins.

20221203_155031 (resized).jpg20221203_155035 (resized).jpg20221203_155044 (resized).jpg
#19004 53 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Finally finished the R&M flipper swap to Precisons that I started on Thanksgiving. One of the original clamps on the mech (lower right) got stripped and would not clamp down. I ordered flipper rebuild kits from Pinball Life that arrived yesterday and I swapped the hardware. After a few trial and error attempts I finally got the last flipper clamp tight enough to play a few games with no movement.
I am curious what power settings changes others have done on this game. I can absolutely see I will have to relearn the shots or make some adjustments because they are NOT in the same spot. But does seem a lot more consistent than before.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The exact same thing happened to me. I ordered rebuild kits today. The clamp material is too soft.

#19005 53 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Your flippers look really high compared to what felt “right” on mine. I’ve basically set the rubber directly over the toothpick hole.

67430443-3A97-430F-8090-A02C4B99D2F3 (resized).jpeg
#19006 53 days ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Your flippers look really high compared to what felt “right” on mine. I’ve basically set the rubber directly over the toothpick hole.

I used masking tape on the PF to make sure the flippers were the same angle as the original ones. I was wondering why the alignment holes were so low, mine was like this from the day I got it. I'll play with the angle some, but am already getting the the hang of these and can hit all the same shots I could before just from a slight different spot on the flipper. In this alignment I CAN backhand right ramp, lock, and charge up from right flipper. I think the lower alignment would eliminate those backhand shots.

#19007 53 days ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

The exact same thing happened to me. I ordered rebuild kits today. The clamp material is too soft.

Adjusting Spooky flippers is a nightmare…

#19008 53 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Adjusting Spooky flippers is a nightmare…

So glad I never had to adjust them before I put in these precision flippers. The top of playfield adjustments are a game changer. Having to pull the PF, mess with the clamp, adjust, re-tighten, and probably have to adjust again would be a nightmare. With these once the post is secure you can adjust the flippers (or swap them) all you want.

#19009 53 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

So glad I never had to adjust them before I put in these precision flippers. The top of playfield adjustments are a game changer. Having to pull the PF, mess with the clamp, adjust, re-tighten, and probably have to adjust again would be a nightmare. With these once the post is secure you can adjust the flippers (or swap them) all you want.

Didn’t even know those existed until these recent posts. I’m seriously considering getting some for my pins.

#19010 53 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Nice. I REALLY like the purple and green.

#19011 53 days ago

Loving my R&M but recently got Disney+ and enjoying Andor and Mandalorian.
Thinking abour trading my R&M for a Mando LE, what do you think?
Just love the show, huge SW fan.

Would have some space for an additional pin but prices in Europe are crazy, 8k+€ for a Stern Pro.

My other Pin is a SW LE.

#19012 53 days ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Would have some space for an additional pin but prices in Europe are crazy, 8k+€ for a Stern Pro.
My other Pin is a SW LE.

If that's the game you really want I'd do it but Mando demand has really dropped and will likely continue to do so whereas demand for R&M will only get stronger. I wouldn't do it personally, but we all have different preferences for games. Between Mando and SW I vastly prefer SW for gameplay and rules. Mando isn't a bad game though.

#19013 52 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Didn’t even know those existed until these recent posts. I’m seriously considering getting some for my pins.

Caution: they’re addictive. I thought they were a gimmick, but then I saw posts showing the machining quality and decided to buy a set for RnM…. Just order two more sets on Black Friday. Now thinking about ordering a set for my TNA, which hasn’t even shipped yet.

#19014 52 days ago

Caution: they’re addictive. I thought they were a gimmick, but then I saw posts showing the machining quality and decided to buy a set for RnM…. Just order two more sets on Black Friday. Now thinking about ordering a set for my TNA, which hasn’t even shipped yet.

I said fuck it, bought them for three of my games. With exchange, the price fuckin blows, we’ll see how it goes, excited to install them in coming weeks

#19015 52 days ago

Maybe an odd question here, but does everyone's coin return button LEDs get hot and prematurely burn out on their R&M, or is it only mine doing this?

#19016 52 days ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

My other Pin is a SW LE.

Make sure you play Mando first and really enjoy it. I can't stand the layout and game even though I really love the theme (my dad has it and I can play it regularly at his place). At the end of the day, no pinball machine needs to forever be in your collection. I will say though getting a R&M is probably a lot harder than getting a Mando though.

#19017 52 days ago

Incorrect!

Regarding nothing needs to be in a collection forever

#19018 52 days ago

I bought precision flippers and they are great, so far I just have them on my Rick and Morty. I recommend the blue ones with Rick and Morty. I'm experimenting with various Titan rubbers, and will report back. I'm planning to try:

Blue on blue
Glow in the Dark on blue
Pink on blue (I suspect this may be the dark horse winner, due to the color motif of the pin)

#19019 52 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I bought precision flippers and they are great, so far I just have them on my Rick and Morty. I recommend the blue ones with Rick and Morty. I'm experimenting with various Titan rubbers, and will report back. I'm planning to try:
Blue on blue
Glow in the Dark on blue
Pink on blue (I suspect this may be the dark horse winner, due to the color motif of the pin)

I tried the Titan rubbers, but went with PerfectPlay in purple. I normally use Titan on every machine, other than woodrails, but I like the “bouncy” PerfectPlays on RnM better than the “grabby” Titans. (Don’t know if those descriptions make sense, but it’s the best I can come up with).

#19020 52 days ago

This is true. Look what you did to me.

PXL_20221205_004544674 (resized).jpg
#19021 52 days ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

My other Pin is a SW LE.

Mando isnt a good game...

#19022 52 days ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

My other Pin is a SW LE.

That would be really tough for me. Rick and morty is probably my favorite newer pin and mando Le is a close second. My LE plays awesome, I love the code, I love the shots and Integration. The le is very unique compared to the other models so should hold its value. I’d say play the LE. Not a pro or even a prem but the LE if you can and compare. It’s a keeper for us as well as Rick and morty. If you like your Star Wars LE I think mando is a lot better but it’s all opinion

#19023 51 days ago

Do we need the “Flipper Shaft precision bushings” for R&M or just the flipper kit? I assume the bushings are too long for the thinner Spooky playfield.

#19024 51 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Do we need the “Flipper Shaft precision bushings” for R&M or just the flipper kit? I assume the bushings are too long for the thinner Spooky playfield

I highly recommend the full kit including bushings. Just let him know it's R&m and you will get the appropriate sized bushings and it makes a HUGE difference.

#19025 51 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Do we need the “Flipper Shaft precision bushings” for R&M or just the flipper kit? I assume the bushings are too long for the thinner Spooky playfield.

Yes. 100% all day long.

#19026 51 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Yes, you 100% need the bushings. If you have x spacers in your game instead of the revised shorter Spooky bushings you’ll need shorter screws for when you reinstall without the x spacers.

#19027 51 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I highly recommend the full kit including bushings. Just let him know it's R&m and you will get the appropriate sized bushings and it makes a HUGE difference.

Who is it that has all these for sale? Recommended for all 3 flippers or just bottoms?

#19028 50 days ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Who is it that has all these for sale? Recommended for all 3 flippers or just bottoms?

I ordered all three because I want to be able to see a baby bit of pickle rick through the upper flipper

#19029 50 days ago

Hey all! My rick and morty has been almost perfect at home for a year, and i brought it to our club last week for a tournament we have from today and til sunday. Of course now it has issues. It reset consequent every time multiball is starting, and it has the new code.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does it sound like some loose connection affected when multiball starts?

#19030 50 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hey all! My rick and morty has been almost perfect at home for a year, and i brought it to our club last week for a tournament we have from today and til sunday. Of course now it has issues. It reset consequent every time multiball is starting, and it has the new code.
Has anyone else experienced this? Does it sound like some loose connection affected when multiball starts?

I’d say something got knocked loose when you moved it around.

#19031 50 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Sounds like a loose connection.

Shut the shaker motor off. Still happening?

Also, check the Tilt circuit carefully. Could just be something physical in there reacting to the shaker at MB startup.

#19032 49 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Sounds like a loose connection.
Shut the shaker motor off. Still happening?
Also, check the Tilt circuit carefully. Could just be something physical in there reacting to the shaker at MB startup.

The shaker motor is off in the settings. I would suspect a loose connection, curious as to if there is a place more probable than others where a loose connection might reset. Could it be some power or data wire maybe?

#19033 49 days ago

@ bemmett you can hop over to my pinside market shop store to check out my flipper products.

#19034 49 days ago

88 mega seeds!! Nothing in pinball more satisfying than listening to mega seed’s adding up!!! I play 9- balls always!!

#19035 49 days ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

88 mega seeds!! Nothing in pinball more satisfying than listening to mega seed’s adding up!!! I play 9- balls always!!

wtf? 9 balls

#19036 49 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

The shaker motor is off in the settings. I would suspect a loose connection, curious as to if there is a place more probable than others where a loose connection might reset. Could it be some power or data wire maybe?

Put it in switch test. See if it shows a closed switch/opto in the horseshoe lock.

That's what happens when my game starts resetting during multiball.

Lift the pf and push on connectors till you see the switch open up on the test screen.

Hope it's that easy for you.

#19037 49 days ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I play 9- balls always!!

Might as well leave the glass off while you are at it.

#19038 49 days ago

Would anyone be so kind to post a photo of their presion flipper install so I can see the height from the playfield?

#19039 48 days ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Put it in switch test. See if it shows a closed switch/opto in the horseshoe lock.
That's what happens when my game starts resetting during multiball.
Lift the pf and push on connectors till you see the switch open up on the test screen.
Hope it's that easy for you.

After som troubleshooting i managed to find the cause, and it seems to be a software glitch/bug actually.

epthegeek i had done some adjustments at the new location in prepping for the tournament, and after the reset issue i first restored to factory settings. And then it worked, and did not reset! So i went through my swttings one by one, and testing multiball for each change. I discovered that this reset happens when i turn ball save OFF adventures, and then start multiball. Will double check if it occurs only when starting mode and mb together, but i think it occurs on gromflomite alone too.

#19040 48 days ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Would anyone be so kind to post a photo of their presion flipper install so I can see the height from the playfield?

Not sure why you're asking, but I can verify that as long as you state it's for Rick and Morty you'll get shortened bushings just like the "fixed" ones for the thin playfield issue. I have halos on mine, and the bushings were appropriate.

PXL_20221104_020850580 (resized).jpg
#19041 48 days ago

Basically how high the flipper is off the playfield. I did state Rick and morty and they play great, just a little taller than a credit card gap between the playfield and flipper. Want to make sure before I put everything back and move the game back in line. Thanks so much!

Quoted from Ollulanus:

Not sure why you're asking, but I can verify that as long as you state it's for Rick and Morty you'll get shortened bushings just like the "fixed" ones for the thin playfield issue. I have halos on mine, and the bushings were appropriate.
[quoted image]

#19042 48 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

After som troubleshooting i managed to find the cause, and it seems to be a software glitch/bug actually.
epthegeek i had done some adjustments at the new location in prepping for the tournament, and after the reset issue i first restored to factory settings. And then it worked, and did not reset! So i went through my swttings one by one, and testing multiball for each change. I discovered that this reset happens when i turn ball save OFF adventures, and then start multiball. Will double check if it occurs only when starting mode and mb together, but i think it occurs on gromflomite alone too.

Thanks. I’ll check into it. (and the other stuff that’s come up on the thread lately)

#19043 48 days ago

Has anyone else had issues with a meeseeks/mega seed/extra ball not being collected in the inner loop shot? I’ve seen it happen sporadically, and when I go into the test menu, both switches work reliably.

#19044 48 days ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Basically how high the flipper is off the playfield. I did state Rick and morty and they play great, just a little taller than a credit card gap between the playfield and flipper. Want to make sure before I put everything back and move the game back in line. Thanks so much!

I had the same question as I just finished my install. I used the metal bushings and while they are shorter than the original stock ones, they are only slightly shorter. The flippers were a little lower with the X spacers than with these, but they seem to shoot fine. If you look at your bushings apparently the shorter ones have a small “2” pressed into them.

#19045 48 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Has anyone else had issues with a meeseeks/mega seed/extra ball not being collected in the inner loop shot? I’ve seen it happen sporadically, and when I go into the test menu, both switches work reliably.

I used to have this issue sporadically when the stock rollover switches were installed. However, ever since I installed M&M Creation's magnetic rollover switches, I haven't noticed any missed ball detections in the inner loop, or other loops for that matter.

A lot of times with the stock rollover switches, the switches will activate manually in test mode just fine, but in gameplay a ball riding high on a ball guide may not move the rollover switch lever enough to activate it.

#19046 48 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My RAM inner loop also would occasionally miss a reading. I changed only the right roll-over in the inner loop with a MRS from M&M Creation's. No missed readings, only one slow rolling ball got momentarily stuck over the magnet. Some pinsiders have gone all out changing all roll-overs but I found doing the outliers to be more than enough. Worth considering.

#19047 48 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

My RAM inner loop also would occasionally miss a reading. I changed only the right roll-over in the inner loop with a MRS from M&M Creation's. No missed readings, only one slow rolling ball got momentarily stuck over the magnet. Some pinsiders have gone all out changing all roll-overs but I found doing the outliers to be more than enough. Worth considering.

Thanks, for reference I have MRS switches in both (and they both are working in tests). Good to know it’s not common or something in the code.

#19048 48 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thanks, for reference I have MRS switches in both (and they both are working in tests). Good to know it’s not common or something in the code.

I noticed this on mine as well recently (new code only -- and I have never seen it happen on previous versions of the code). I also have MRS in both (and they both are working in tests). It's only happened twice that I noticed with the extra ball, possibly more with the meeseeks but to be honest I don't notice when I hit the meeseeks shots.

#19049 48 days ago

Here is mine. You can see it’s about 1 cm from the playfield to the bottom flipper. (Just got done waxing… still need to clean up a little)

Quoted from orlandu81:

I had the same question as I just finished my install. I used the metal bushings and while they are shorter than the original stock ones, they are only slightly shorter. The flippers were a little lower with the X spacers than with these, but they seem to shoot fine. If you look at your bushings apparently the shorter ones have a small “2” pressed into them.

556BAD5B-4FAF-40E1-A298-FB4E9B79DEDF (resized).jpegDC0F02F5-8D4F-48C3-9EEE-6B51468F8D85 (resized).jpeg

#19050 48 days ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Here is mine. You can see it’s about 1 cm from the playfield to the bottom flipper. (Just got done waxing… still need to clean up a little)

Mine looks like this too, except I have the green flipper and purple rubber. The bottom of these flippers, unlike traditional ones, tapers from the post and leaves a nice gap between the flipper and PF. As for height over the bushing the Spooky bushings from Precision were EXACTLY the same size as the "updated" plastic ones that came out after R&M.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, TN
$ 92.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 19,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 381 of 387.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!