(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19,001 posts
  • 684 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 minutes ago by Edenecho
  • Topic is favorited by 332 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221126_191618 (resized).jpg
20221126_191543 (resized).jpg
20221128_185615 (resized).jpg
20221127_192545 (resized).jpg
D shaft 3 (resized).jpg
20221124_155716~2 (resized).jpg
20221124_155659~2 (resized).jpg
D503BA9B-86E8-4500-ACFC-4FA36AF1F002 (resized).jpeg
E6755CC6-7978-4811-8E0E-EE9CD030ADFB (resized).jpeg
F25215E3-98B1-4C2C-8A44-1A37AA0F1C0D (resized).jpeg
5C1A6B66-CF22-4417-A920-AC327D28AFA7 (resized).jpeg
23614D6E-C82D-4263-B9BB-5A1495C117E9 (resized).jpeg
FBD009C3-73EA-4DC6-9B96-970345260EFC (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20221120_163637_Facebook (resized).jpg
20221120_151528 (resized).jpg
20221120_151507 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

105 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 19,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 381.
#18901 12 days ago

Look at the top and bottom of the playfield, the short screws go where penetration through to topside would be visible, the long screws go where it would be hidden by plastics. In theory the long screws shouldn't penetrate but shorts are used where visible 'just in case'

Spooky please go back to standard thickness playfields; this is a PITA for owners!

#18902 12 days ago

If you locate the mounting holes that are underneath mechs/plastics/etc., those are the ones that had the longer screws.

The mounting holes that are beneath the playing surface (Upper Flipper has at least 3) require the shorter screws.

At least, that is how I remember them coming off my machine.

#18903 12 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Look at the top and bottom of the playfield, the short screws go where penetration through to topside would be visible, the long screws go where it would be hidden by plastics. In theory the long screws shouldn't penetrate but shorts are used where visible 'just in case'

I was thinking if I pull and mark the longer screws in there now with the spacers, then step them down once removed. The very short ones will go where PF is visible. Unfortunately all this complicated mess is delaying the installation, gonna need an extra hour or so to deal with the spacers but hopefully the more precise flippers is worth it. Hopefully I can make the time tomorrow afternoon.

#18904 11 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

been forever, but weren't half the screws in the mounts longer, and half shorter? I recall having to mark them when putting spacers in.

Yep. That’s how mine was.

#18905 11 days ago

Worst case scenario, I'm sure you could swap the shorter spooky bushings for standard bushings and just keep the spacers.

I made the mistake of playing a couple games on an RM on location last night. No halos, no tweaks to smooth the shots - hell, it kicked the ball into the loop on entry every time, so no skill shots for you. This is a great game, but man it kinda sucks outta the box

#18906 11 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

been forever, but weren't half the screws in the mounts longer, and half shorter? I recall having to mark them when putting spacers in.

I think it depended on who was doing the work at Spooky that day. Every single one of my screws were shorter on all 3 flippers. As said by many, both sizes would work. My plan when I swap the bushings eventually is to just use the shorter screws on all of the holes, with toothpicks/wood glue as a starting point to ensure they are snug.

#18907 11 days ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

My plan when I swap the bushings eventually is to just use the shorter screws on all of the holes, with toothpicks/wood glue as a starting point to ensure they are snug.

This is my plan, luckily this is a holiday week. I will say, our game, which was on a location for a few months before we got it, the lower flipper bushings (original) seem to be cracked during my last check. I won't know the real state of them until I do the replacement later this week, but they look rough from what I can see. Could just be they are very dirty, our R&M seems to have some secret black-dirt factory somewhere in the game. No amount of cleaning (even removing the subways and scrubbing them) has kept this game clean, and it lives at home and only gets plays from two people regularly.

#18908 11 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

This is my plan, luckily this is a holiday week. I will say, our game, which was on a location for a few months before we got it, the lower flipper bushings (original) seem to be cracked during my last check. I won't know the real state of them until I do the replacement later this week, but they look rough from what I can see. Could just be they are very dirty, our R&M seems to have some secret black-dirt factory somewhere in the game. No amount of cleaning (even removing the subways and scrubbing them) has kept this game clean, and it lives at home and only gets plays from two people regularly.

I kind of wonder if the black dirt is from the end of the right ramp...the black pad the ball hits before dropping into the lane.

#18909 11 days ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

I kind of wonder if the black dirt is from the end of the right ramp...the black pad the ball hits before dropping into the lane.

Is this a known problem? I have never heard about it before. Maybe if I replace that black rubbery pad with a silicone one? I hesitate to do a lot on that right ramp because that Megaseed Tree "support" feels like a few more times taking that ramp off and I'll need to replace it. Maybe I need to bite the bullet and buy the "upgraded megaseed tree support" someone is selling here on Pinside.

#18910 11 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Is this a known problem? I have never heard about it before. Maybe if I replace that black rubbery pad with a silicone one? I hesitate to do a lot on that right ramp because that Megaseed Tree "support" feels like a few more times taking that ramp off and I'll need to replace it. Maybe I need to bite the bullet and buy the "upgraded megaseed tree support" someone is selling here on Pinside.

No...I remember a long time ago people talking about the mysterious black stuff on the playfield. That's like the only place I can think that is coming from. But no, there is no known problem. Its really not that big a deal, but hey if you figure it out cool.

#18911 11 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Besides providing additional ramp support, the megaseed tree looks really great! I've enjoyed it and noticed it nearly every time I play my game - and that is daily.

#18912 11 days ago

Thought some of ya might like this.

Screenshot_20221120_163637_Facebook (resized).jpg
#18913 9 days ago

Booted my game up after being off for a while, and the RGB is going crazy.

All connections look secure…

Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/wcLYbCE

Edit: just started unplugging grey cables for the RGB boards and seems to be back to normal for now…

#18914 8 days ago

Have some Brian Allen artwork for sale. They are signed by him.

They are new and still in the protective plastic.

They measure approximately 11” x 11” each.

$75 shipped in the us.

Pm me if interested.

FBD009C3-73EA-4DC6-9B96-970345260EFC (resized).jpeg
Added 6 days ago:

Sold.

#18915 8 days ago

Also have this monsters one by Brian Allen.
It measures approximately 11” x 17”

$45 shipped

Pm me if interested.

23614D6E-C82D-4263-B9BB-5A1495C117E9 (resized).jpeg
Added 6 days ago:

Sold.

#18916 8 days ago

Have this figure set for sale. Snowball figure will fit nicely (just under 4” tall) in the Rick and Morty pin. I might have the original box for this but not sure.

$25 plus $5 for shipping

Pm me if interested.

5C1A6B66-CF22-4417-A920-AC327D28AFA7 (resized).jpeg

F25215E3-98B1-4C2C-8A44-1A37AA0F1C0D (resized).jpeg
#18917 8 days ago

Have these as well for sale. Also under 4” tall.

$35 plus $5 for shipping.

Pm me if interested.

E6755CC6-7978-4811-8E0E-EE9CD030ADFB (resized).jpeg
#18918 8 days ago

Have a playfield glass cover for sale.
Measures 28” wide by 39” tall

$25 shipped.

Pm me if interested

D503BA9B-86E8-4500-ACFC-4FA36AF1F002 (resized).jpeg

#18919 8 days ago

I finally had the time to get the precision flippers installed in my game. It was a big job, had to remove full mechanism and fix some of the screw holes. After a few hours I have them all installed and they LOOK great....BUT my lower right flipper wasn't secured properly (shaft was slipping unlike other two). So I got back underneath and went about tightening that clamp. But the bolt, and hex screw just keep turning. I'm guessing the threads are stripped?? Surprised because this is the first time changing these flipper shafts/bats so it hasn't been loosened since the game was manufactured. Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyway, can I remove that bolt/nut and get a replacement (even better if I can get it at ace or something). Or, do I need to buy an entire flipper mechanism? If so, anyone know the part number? Below are some pics with problem part circled.

20221124_155659~2 (resized).jpg20221124_155716~2 (resized).jpg
#18920 8 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I finally had the time to get the precision flippers installed in my game. It was a big job, had to remove full mechanism and fix some of the screw holes. After a few hours I have them all installed and they LOOK great....BUT my lower right flipper wasn't secured properly (shaft was slipping unlike other two). So I got back underneath and went about tightening that clamp. But the bolt, and hex screw just keep turning. I'm guessing the threads are stripped?? Surprised because this is the first time changing these flipper shafts/bats so it hasn't been loosened since the game was manufactured. Has this happened to anyone else?
Anyway, can I remove that bolt/nut and get a replacement (even better if I can get it at ace or something). Or, do I need to buy an entire flipper mechanism? If so, anyone know the part number? Below are some pics with problem part circled.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can source it at any decent hardware store or home center: #10-32 x 1 1/4 socket head cap screw and a #10-32 nylock nut. You may end up needing to go stainless, if they don’t have a grade 5 or grade 8 screw.

#18921 8 days ago

Var1AbL3 sorry you had this issue, unfortunatly it's hit and miss on some of the link arm clamps and screws doing this. When installing new hardware just sneak up on tightening the bolt, you can actually get it to tight and the metal yields and doesn't clamp that well.

Alternative to these style clamps adopted from the Bally Williams days is to install my new keyed link arm clamps and shafts. They will be available mid to late December. You don't need to update or install them if your flippers are fine, but if they keep rotating due to the stock clamp then is will solve that problem.

D shaft 3 (resized).jpg
#18922 8 days ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

You can source it at any decent hardware store or home center: #10-32 x 1 1/4 socket head cap screw and a #10-32 nylock nut. You may end up needing to go stainless, if they don’t have a grade 5 or grade 8 screw.

Sweet! I'll be very upset uf R&M is out of service very long I'll hit up HW store tomorrow afternoon and hopefully it's not insane because of Black Friday.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

unfortunatly it's hit and miss on some of the link arm clamps and screws doing this. When installing new hardware just sneak up on tightening the bolt, you can actually get it to tight and the metal yields and doesn't clamp that well.

So are you saying it's possible my clamp itself could be messed up? I am pretty certain the bolt or nut are what stripped. What I am worried about is getting the old one off, it just spins so I may have to break out the Dremel, or take out the whole mech to fix it . I am done working for today (2 out of 3 successful) and once I get a new bolt/nut tomorrow I'll see if it works

#18923 8 days ago

Get out that Dremel and cut off the old screw/nut. That should do the trick. If not PM me and I'll see if I can assist you some way.

#18924 7 days ago

Looking for some advice... and figured I'd get a "biased" opinion

I've listed my R&M for sale as I don't think it's smart for me to hold such a valuable collectible during an upcoming recession...

Anyways, I was hoping for a cash sale, but someone has offered me Avengers IQ: Premium + cash. I figured I could always sell the A:IQ later, as it's likely easier to get a buyer for that over R&M, since it's of less financial value.

Now for the biased opinions... am I making a huge mistake getting rid of this beautiful collectors item? The game itself is quite fun, but not $12kUSD fun to me at current market value.

Being relatively new to the hobby (2 years now), does R&M have the potential to be an even higher value collectors item in the future, or is it likely to be treated as just another out of production pinball machine?

I'm not opposed to keeping it, it took a hell of a lot of time and money to make its way here, so I'm just looking for opinions.

Thanks everyone!

#18925 7 days ago

Don’t worry about what the game is going to be worth I don’t believe it ever going much higher and aiq is a great game with crazy fun ramps and deep code,just do it and don’t worry about it,I also own both games.

#18926 7 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Don’t worry about what the game is going to be worth I don’t believe it ever going much higher and aiq is a great game with crazy fun ramps and deep code,just do it and don’t worry about it,I also own both games.

I'm highly neurotic and second and triple guess everything I do. I like your attitude. Thanks for your opinion

#18927 7 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a hell of a time getting mine tight too. Make sure and wipe down the shaft and inside of clamps with isopropyl - ANY oil from manufacturing or otherwise HAS to come off. You can also try hitting both with a little 220 sandpaper to give it a little more to grip.

The good news is once you get the Halos working on it, it's a HUGE improvement. I've put them on three games now, and they improve all of them - but this is a game that NEEDS them.

Check the database here for settings suggestions too:

Whiskysimple.com/preflips-db

#18928 7 days ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I've listed my R&M for sale as I don't think it's smart for me to hold such a valuable collectible during an upcoming recession...
Anyways, I was hoping for a cash sale, but someone has offered me Avengers IQ: Premium + cash. I figured I could always sell the A:IQ later, as it's likely easier to get a buyer for that over R&M, since it's of less financial value.
Now for the biased opinions... am I making a huge mistake getting rid of this beautiful collectors item? The game itself is quite fun, but not $12kUSD fun to me at current market value.
Being relatively new to the hobby (2 years now), does R&M have the potential to be an even higher value collectors item in the future, or is it likely to be treated as just another out of production pinball machine?
I'm not opposed to keeping it, it took a hell of a lot of time and money to make its way here, so I'm just looking for opinions.
Thanks everyone!

I owned AIQ for several months and sold it...love Keith's work, but much prefer JP & GZ. R&M will never go...it's unique, funny and the license is cool/modern. I also think it is much likely to go higher than most Stern Pro's/Premium's. Why? They only produced 750 and Stern churns out many more for most of their titles.

Nevertheless, it's impossible to predict future prices (of anything). While I agree there is likely a recession on the horizon, could still be a year or two away. If you are playing with money you don't need to pay your rent and put food on the table, it shouldn't really matter.

Bottom line: if you aren't playing R&M anymore and would like to change it up, do it!

#18929 7 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I had a hell of a time getting mine tight too. Make sure and wipe down the shaft and inside of clamps with isopropyl - ANY oil from manufacturing or otherwise HAS to come off. You can also try hitting both with a little 220 sandpaper to give it a little more to grip.

My lower left and upper right flippers installed perfectly (granted it was time consuming) but the lower right just won't clamp at all. I'm going to run to the hardware store this afternoon and get a new bolt/nut. But, I will make sure and give it a good wipe in advance. I'm probably going to get the keyed post/clamps Precision is making asap, this metal clamp on a round shaft seems like a problem waiting to happen. Fingers are crossed its just a stripped bolt.

#18930 7 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned AIQ for several months and sold it...love Keith's work, but much prefer JP & GZ. R&M will never go...it's unique, funny and the license is cool/modern. I also think it is much likely to go higher than most Stern Pro's/Premium's. Why? They only produced 750 and Stern churns out many more for most of their titles.
Nevertheless, it's impossible to predict future prices (of anything). While I agree there is likely a recession on the horizon, could still be a year or two away. If you are playing with money you don't need to pay your rent and put food on the table, it shouldn't really matter.
Bottom line: if you aren't playing R&M anymore and would like to change it up, do it!

Thank you for your thoughts, appreciate it!

#18931 7 days ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thanks everyone!

I think your crazy for what it's worth. AIQ shoots ok but has no replay value at all, no soul. I think you will regret your decision as soon as you make the swap. But of course that's without knowing your financial situation.

#18932 7 days ago

There are few, if any, pins I would swap my R&M for and AIQ is definitely not one of them. I think the question is whether you need the money or not. Otherwise, trade for a top 10 pin that will blow your socks off like Godzilla, Alien, Iron Maiden, Elvira, Jurassic Park, Wonka, Hobbit, etc. R&M is a GOAT pin and I know I'd miss mine if I ever sold or traded it.

#18933 7 days ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I think your crazy for what it's worth. AIQ shoots ok but has no replay value at all, no soul. I think you will regret your decision as soon as you make the swap. But of course that's without knowing your financial situation.

Quoted from darkryder:

There are few, if any, pins I would swap my R&M for and AIQ is definitely not one of them. I think the question is whether you need the money or not. Otherwise, trade for a top 10 pin that will blow your socks off like Godzilla, Alien, Iron Maiden, Elvira, Jurassic Park, Wonka, Hobbit, etc. R&M is a GOAT pin and I know I'd miss mine if I ever sold or traded it.

Yup, initially my only trading option was Godzilla Premium...

Thank you both for your input. I agree, R&M is a one-of-a-kind game.

#18934 6 days ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thanks everyone!

AIQ for the technical challenge.
R&M for the fun.

Don't worry about future potential prices.
Enjoy the machines and when you no longer enjoy them move on to the next one.

#18935 6 days ago

I wouldn't trade this game for an AIQ. I had a premium for about 8 months and quite honestly while the layout and shots on it really are out of this world (those tower and Captain Marvel shots wow), it's surprisingly quite dull to play due to the music/callouts/animations. Custom code helps a little bit, but it's a bit of a missed opportunity for me - it could have been so great, but it falls short. Quite odd because I do miss shooting it, but if I had one again I think it would only last a few weeks.

#18936 6 days ago

Is there a “trick” to tightening the flippers after you change the bushings? I can’t seem to get them tight enough. After two or three games the flipper “moves” - I tightened it further and now the nut just keeps turning

#18937 6 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Is there a “trick” to tightening the flippers after you change the bushings? I can’t seem to get them tight enough. After two or three games the flipper “moves” - I tightened it further and now the nut just keeps turning

You’ve stripped the nut, see my prior post for the replacement nut and screw. Make sure everything is oil free before assembly, then mark the shaft and pawl with a marker to see if the shaft is twisting or the flipper is moving, then tighten whichever moved.

#18938 6 days ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thanks everyone!

I own both and wouldn’t make the trade. With that said, AIQ is becoming one of my favorite games to shoot. It has a ton of flow and always leaves me wanting one more game. R&M is a little more clunky, but has flow as well if you are hitting shots. But the game is so damn funny. I doubt there’s ever another game as funny as R&M.

#18939 6 days ago

You’ve stripped the nut, see my prior post for the replacement nut and screw. Make sure everything is oil free before assembly, then mark the shaft and pawl with a marker to see if the shaft is twisting or the flipper is moving, then tighten whichever moved.

Thank you . But when I replace it how do I know when to stop turning? May sound silly but I can always make it tighter

#18940 6 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Thank you . But when I replace it how do I know when to stop turning? May sound silly but I can always make it tighter

I had the exact same problem the other day. I installed precision flippers and 2 out of three seem fine, but I over-tightened lower-right and it's super loose. I hope the other two hold up to play. I'm heading to a different hardware store in a few minutes (first didn't have the parts). I plan to buy a handful of both so I have room for error. I'm also upgrading to the new clamp/shaft Precision is making soon, looks WAY easier to use.

Here is the post with part numbers:

More

#18941 6 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I had the exact same problem the other day. I installed precision flippers and 2 out of three seem fine, but I over-tightened lower-right and it's super loose. I hope the other two hold up to play. I'm heading to a different hardware store in a few minutes (first didn't have the parts). I plan to buy a handful of both so I have room for error. I'm also upgrading to the new clamp/shaft Precision is making soon, looks WAY easier to use.

Those Williams style linkages are pretty much only good for one or two real hard torquings. After that, the metal stretches and they won't hold a flipper bat in place for very long.
I have just gotten used to replacing them fully if I have to remove them for any reason. Sucks. But that's just a fault in their design, imo.

#18942 6 days ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I have just gotten used to replacing them fully if I have to remove them for any reason. Sucks. But that's just a fault in their design, imo.

How difficult is it to replace the clamp part of the linkage? Does it require full removal of the mech? I am definitely replacing these when the new Precision clamps come out, just curious what kind of time I'll need.

Did score the right parts at Ace just now. About to make that clamp work.

#18943 6 days ago

Another question regarding that flipper clamp bolt. I got to the Ace and they had the parts, so I bought a handful and an extra ratcheting box wrench to get into that right space under the PF. Unfortunately it didn't take me long to figure out the THREADS on either the bolt or the screw are stripped so they just keep spinning . I did some google searches but everything is about getting rounded off bolts out, not stripped. The bolt is currently at the very end of the screw with less than a half a millimeter sticking out. Just spins and spins now.

What is the best recommendation around here? I can get to the inside of the nut on the bolt, should I try and snip/cut the screw itself on the inside of the nut? If so, that is a tricky spot, what might work best? A bolt cutter, or the grinder attachment on my Demel? The latter makes me nervous under the PF, I've had those discs break while grinding and that could be ugly underneath the game. Does this mean I need to remove the whole mechanism to fix this? Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. I am using the military mantra here, fast is smooth and smooth is fast, I'd MUCH rather take my time than ruin the BEST pinball machine in the world.

EDIT:
Maybe something like this: Metal Nut Splitter Cracker, Metal Nut Splitter Breaker Manual Pressure Nut Cracker Remover Extractor Tool, Heavy Duty Nut Splitter Broken Damaged Nut Removal Splitting Tools by KAKO (4 Pack) https://a.co/d/4LcfgNX

Thanks in advance, John

#18944 6 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Another question regarding that flipper clamp bolt. I got to the Ace and they had the parts, so I bought a handful and an extra ratcheting box wrench to get into that right space under the PF. Unfortunately it didn't take me long to figure out the THREADS on either the bolt or the screw are stripped so they just keep spinning . I did some google searches but everything is about getting rounded off bolts out, not stripped. The bolt is currently at the very end of the screw with less than a half a millimeter sticking out. Just spins and spins now.
What is the best recommendation around here? I can get to the inside of the nut on the bolt, should I try and snip/cut the screw itself on the inside of the nut? If so, that is a tricky spot, what might work best? A bolt cutter, or the grinder attachment on my Demel? The latter makes me nervous under the PF, I've had those discs break while grinding and that could be ugly underneath the game. Does this mean I need to remove the whole mechanism to fix this? Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. I am using the military mantra here, fast is smooth and smooth is fast, I'd MUCH rather take my time than ruin the BEST pinball machine in the world.
EDIT:
Maybe something like this: Metal Nut Splitter Cracker, Metal Nut Splitter Breaker Manual Pressure Nut Cracker Remover Extractor Tool, Heavy Duty Nut Splitter Broken Damaged Nut Removal Splitting Tools by KAKO (4 Pack) https://a.co/d/4LcfgNX
Thanks in advance, John

I’d use a Dremel tool with carbon fiber cut off wheel, being very careful to not cut anything other than the nut/bolt and wear eye protection. Should make quick work of it.

#18945 6 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

EDIT:
Thanks in advance, John

If the flipper shaft is loose enough to pull the flipper out, I’d pull the whole assembly in order to work on it on a workbench. I’d use the Dremel to cut a vertical (in line with the screw) notch in the nut, then use a chisel to force the nut open.

#18946 5 days ago

So I’ll be rebuilding my flippers in conjunction with the precision flippers I just bought. What are the ideal flippers to go with? Bally Williams ones…. And from Marco? Pinball Life? Another?

#18947 5 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So I’ll be rebuilding my flippers in conjunction with the precision flippers I just bought. What are the ideal flippers to go with? Bally Williams ones…. And from Marco? Pinball Life? Another?

PBL has the right kits and they include the EOS even though it doesn't say so (or did for me so i ended up ordering extras)

#18948 5 days ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thanks everyone!

You're in the wrong place if you want an unbiased answer. This is like being in a church, and asking people if they think religion is good.

I sold my R&M, then bought another one a week later when I realized I was going to miss it.

But that only because I have a few games, and this one offers a uniqueness not found in many games.

I think in a smaller collection (2 games like yourself) I personally would not keep this game over AIQ, or many other games. The main reason for me, is that I don't think R&M shoots great, and I don't think it has enough depth in rules.

Remember, this is just MY opinion on it.

I think AIQ has much more satisfying shots, and just offers more excitement.

But R&M is staying with me.for a while because I love the humor, and when I want a fast, simple, straight forward game, there's not much better.

#18949 5 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

You're in the wrong place if you want an unbiased answer. This is like being in a church, and asking people if they think religion is good.
I sold my R&M, then bought another one a week later when I realized I was going to miss it.
But that only because I have a few games, and this one offers a uniqueness not found in many games.
I think in a smaller collection (2 games like yourself) I personally would not keep this game over AIQ, or many other games. The main reason for me, is that I don't think R&M shoots great, and I don't think it has enough depth in rules.
Remember, this is just MY opinion on it.
I think AIQ has much more satisfying shots, and just offers more excitement.
But R&M is staying with me.for a while because I love the humor, and when I want a fast, simple, straight forward game, there's not much better.

I feel the same way about R&M. It is 1 of 2 in my collection, and I agree with you on having it in a small collection.

In the end, I decided to keep it. If I get rid of it, it's going to be for the market value that it's worth, in cash, and not a trade for a Stern machine that is mass produced by the thousands. With only 750 of these, I think it's pretty special and difficult to let go of, especially as a fan of the show.

#18950 5 days ago

Welp, my R&M won't boot up and is just stuck.on this screen. I'll contact Spooky about it tomorrow. In the meantime, any idea here? Is the CMOS battery dead?

20221127_192545 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Wanted
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newark, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Interactive Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 89.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
There are 19,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 381.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!