(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 405.
#18851 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is there a pdf of the complete explanation of the rules anywhere?

As for strategy, do people target the multipliers specifically and if so, when is a good time to have 4x going?

Also meseeks MB - is there a purpose to it? Can it be completed?

Thanks

I don't think there is a PDF, but there are a few rules explanations and walkthroughs on YouTube. To get higher scores multipliers are key, at least in my experience, and the Megaseeds are the best way to do this. However, if you can activate enough Meeseeks to set off that multiball you get points for each blue lit shot, as well as you get the "Jerry bonus" at the end of the MB is you can hit the JERRY target toward the bottom of the family targets. Other things you can do to increase your score dramatically: complete adventures with GREEN stamps, when you fill the card each GREEN stamp is a multiplier on the chosen adventure (rick potion seems to get me the MOST points). Also, you should try for as many dimensions as possible (using the UR flipper if possible for most megaseeds). When you are in a dimension you can hit the family targets to enable mystery award and if you hit it during the dimension you can get "shake megaseed tree" and get even more.

There are endless ways to increase your score, but these are some of the techniques I use.

#18852 1 year ago

Thanks, that is helpful.

Seems like megaseeds are main way to high scores.

Does the multiplier interact with the megaseeds when both lit?

#18853 1 year ago

Is there a pdf of the complete explanation of the rules anywhere?
As for strategy, do people target the multipliers specifically and if so, when is a good time to have 4x going?
Also meseeks MB - is there a purpose to it? Can it be completed?
Thanks

Think I've posted this before, but it's worth reminding people of. Great tutorial from one of the rule designers and pinball extraordinaire.

#18854 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Think I've posted this before, but it's worth reminding people of. Great tutorial from one of the rule designers and pinball extraordinaire.

It is a great video and reminded me where I had seen those rule cards.

Is there anywhere they can be printed off?

#18855 1 year ago

Thanks, that is helpful.
Seems like megaseeds are main way to high scores.
Does the multiplier interact with the megaseeds when both lit?

Right when you get Multiball, smash that meeseeks target a bunch quick.

FOr me - main scoring is.

Hit floobecrank early, lock the balls.
Try to get into a dimension, either path left or right.

THEN - Start the adventure. & MB together
Smash Meeseeks

Repeat.

#18856 1 year ago

I just activated *upper right flipper is controlled by left* dimension during the second phase of Scary Terry... It was a frustrating combination!

#18857 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I just activated *upper right flipper is controlled by left* dimension during the second phase of Scary Terry... It was a frustrating combination!

The ALL Flippers / Any Button Dimension can straight up wreck some modes if you don't change dimensions fast enough.

#18858 1 year ago

So, my wife thinks that the scoop is supposed to be a guys butthole…the horseshoe is the guy bent over/his legs are the loop. Since it’s R&M…maybe…she insists she’s right…

#18859 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, my wife thinks that the scoop is supposed to be a guys butthole…the horseshoe is the guy bent over/his legs are the loop. Since it’s R&M…maybe…she insists she’s right…

Very interesting…….

Freud.jpg (resized).jpegFreud.jpg (resized).jpeg
#18860 1 year ago

After installing the most recent code, does anyone else have a rogue topper that is running when it shouldn't be after its lit for the first time? Running when portal is unlit, during bonus count, but shuts off at the end of the game. Next game it starts when the portal is lit, but continues to run again.

#18861 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

After installing the most recent code, does anyone else have a rogue topper that is running when it shouldn't be after its lit for the first time? Running when portal is unlit, during bonus count, but shuts off at the end of the game. Next game it starts when the portal is lit, but continues to run again.

Yes! Finally confirmation it’s the code…I love the new code and how Eric revisited it…but yes, my topper has a mind of its own.

#18862 1 year ago

I also experienced the topper running when it shouldn't. It stopped running when I started Mr Meeseek's multiball but then started running again for no reason.

#18863 1 year ago

I'm also had a bug where the pin seems to lose track of one ball which never happened prior to the update.

#18864 1 year ago
Quoted from ripple:

I also experienced the topper running when it shouldn't. It stopped running when I started Mr Meeseek's multiball but then started running again for no reason.

Disconnected mine, didn't realise there was a bug.

#18865 1 year ago

Okay, I would HIGHLY recommend precision-flip halos to anyone with R&M. Huge difference - zero issues getting up the left ramp now. And in a game with tight shots like this, a small increase in precision makes a big dif. Plus, being able to quickly try different angles is great here...

IMG_20221030_123353_02 (resized).jpgIMG_20221030_123353_02 (resized).jpgPXL_20221030_163426173 (resized).jpgPXL_20221030_163426173 (resized).jpg
#18866 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

HIGHLY recommend precision-flip halos to anyone with R&M.

I have seen these and they are tempting, but I have a few questions. First, did you just order the "three flipper kit with shafts" that their store page recommends? They also have an option with new bushings, do you think that is required? I do have the "x-spacers" installed in my game, not the replacement bushings from Spooky.

In your, or anyone here, opinion, do you think I'd need to remove the spacers and put in the new bushings? Or, will I be able to install the new shafts and flippers without having to take out the spacers and replace bushings. Either way, it wouldn't hurt for me to pull the game apart and give it a good cleaning, but I'd rather have the right set on hand when I do it, I don't think I could go more than one day without playing R&M.

Thanks, John

#18867 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I have seen these and they are tempting, but I have a few questions. First, did you just order the "three flipper kit with shafts" that their store page recommends? They also have an option with new bushings, do you think that is required? I do have the "x-spacers" installed in my game, not the replacement bushings from Spooky.
In your, or anyone here, opinion, do you think I'd need to remove the spacers and put in the new bushings? Or, will I be able to install the new shafts and flippers without having to take out the spacers and replace bushings. Either way, it wouldn't hurt for me to pull the game apart and give it a good cleaning, but I'd rather have the right set on hand when I do it, I don't think I could go more than one day without playing R&M.
Thanks, John

I think I'd definitely get the bushings and ditch the spacers. Based on others feedback in the precision flips thread, the bigger part of improvement in play comes from the metal bushings than the flippers.

I will say this game was the biggest PITA to install of the three I've done, primarily because the spooky/Williams style linkages are a pain to get tightened.

#18868 1 year ago

I've installed them in mine and other than having to use a new flipper rebuild kit to finish one of the flippers it was easy and the results are amazing. The game plays night and day better after this mod. Highly recommended.
Regards,
Al

#18869 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Thanks, John

Get the bushings with the flipper kit and ditch the spacers. The full kit works together so nicely - you won’t regret it.

#18870 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

This was brought up in beta testing as it would go on and not shut off at all, and I believe Eric put in a way to ensure that the topper power is killed at the end of the game. I too notice my topper still sometimes stays on when it shouldn't on the newest code, thankfully it does shut off at the end of the game now.

#18871 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

R&M owners...huge bummer for me. Of course this happens on a friday and going into a holiday weekend. If anyone can guide me here so I can have my game up and running this weekend I will be very grateful.
I did the update today, the same way I have done the update the last 12 times. Same drive, same process. The update completed, I cycled the power and removed the drive, and then got this screen. I now get this screen every time, even if I try to put the USB in and reinstall the update.
Please help...we are having people over this weekend and I don't want to be a Jerry and have no R&M pin for them to play. Eric does not know how to address this issue, so I'm asking the community. [quoted image]

Hey Guys! Just wanted to close the loop with this. Turns out as many predicted my CPU/hard drive was corrupted. Big shout out to AJ over at Spooky for sending me a replacement from one of their own machines. Sadly the replacement was glitchy (game would pause often/restart randomly), so Spooky then sent me a brand new CPU and hard drive and I'm back in business. No glitches, no restarts and no strange messages upon bootup.

Great customer service and technical support! Thanks again AJ and Spooky!

#18872 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Get the bushings with the flipper kit and ditch the spacers. The full kit works together so nicely - you won’t regret it.

Can you detail the difference you've seen? I have dialed in game and feel more could be done to smooth out the shots.

#18873 1 year ago

could someone kindly remind me where the topper gets plugged in? its been off the machine for overhead space issues. appreciate a photo! thanks!

edit: found it hiding behind the backbox inside speaker hole! thanks for nothing guys…lol

C90683FB-31A8-4B81-B1D7-C8ECA7AFFF0B (resized).jpegC90683FB-31A8-4B81-B1D7-C8ECA7AFFF0B (resized).jpeg
#18874 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Can you detail the difference you've seen? I have dialed in game and feel more could be done to smooth out the shots.

I currently have these on my JP and have a full set waiting for GZ And RnM installation. The feel of these is quite impressive and the power transfer via removal of slop in the linkage is a game changer. Full RnM review on the link below (not mine) as are several other machine reviews in the thread. I can follow up next week after my install but after adding them to my JP I have decided to replace all flippers in my ‘keeper ‘ machines with these.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-precision-pinball-products-cnc-flipper-system/page/23#post-7215738

#18875 1 year ago

I have a few left over figures , pm me if interested

B5476B96-C6D2-49E2-9F8B-19DC85A7BFAF (resized).jpegB5476B96-C6D2-49E2-9F8B-19DC85A7BFAF (resized).jpeg
#18876 1 year ago

Mr Poopy Butthole? I just wanted to type that

1 week later
#18877 1 year ago

Has anyone put the Precision Flipper System on Rick and Morty? I'm thinking of buying some, but wondering if I should go with ghost or standard for this specific pin? My inclination is to go with standard, but Rick and Morty is kinda sci-fi so the ghost ones might look better.

What did you go with (and colors)?

#18878 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Had some posts about this a few pages back. One person at least tried and highly recommended them. I am out of town, but plan to order the full set when I get home next week.

I'm planning on the ghost type in green. Make sure you tell them it's a R&M because you need the shortened bushings. I'll be removing my x-spacers and stock bushings (apparently the biggest impact) as well.

#18879 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Has anyone put the Precision Flipper System on Rick and Morty? I'm thinking of buying some, but wondering if I should go with ghost or standard for this specific pin? My inclination is to go with standard, but Rick and Morty is kinda sci-fi so the ghost ones might look better.

I’m throwing a set on next week. I have them on a few games and I really like the feel.

2B168A3F-F66B-40B1-99D2-A438F7B28ABE (resized).jpeg2B168A3F-F66B-40B1-99D2-A438F7B28ABE (resized).jpeg
#18880 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Had some posts about this a few pages back. One person at least tried and highly recommended them. I am out of town, but plan to order the full set when I get home next week.
I'm planning on the ghost type in green. Make sure you tell them it's a R&M because you need the shortened bushings. I'll be removing my x-spacers and stock bushings (apparently the biggest impact) as well.

I'm thinking silver ghosts might match the wires on the artwork at the bottom. Although, I don't think ghost would look good on the upper flipper since the flipper is supposed to have Pickle Rick hidden.

Otherwise, I might go with Blue solids.

#18881 1 year ago

I am going to make another batch of the R&M Blue Crystal mod next weekend. If anyone is interested, just send me a PM to get on the list. Thanks!

Note: Despite inflation, I am still selling the mod for $55 shipped.
rm-bcm (resized).jpgrm-bcm (resized).jpg

#18882 1 year ago

Has anyone replaced the led in the pop bumper?

#18883 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Has anyone replaced the led in the pop bumper?

Yes, mine went out quite a while ago and it's a pretty common part to break. That LED takes a beating. Pretty sure there is a pinned post in the thread about this. But, basically order the replacement part and an extra tiny rubber to help avoid the issue going forward.

The replacement isn't hard, but is a PITA. You'll need to clip some zip ties on the underside and pull the light up through the top of bumper. Then de-solder the broken light, put the rubber inside under where the light goes, and solder the new one on. Use some microfiber towels around the working area to protect the precious playfield. Once reinstalled put in new zip ties under the PF and you should be good.

#18884 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yes, mine went out quite a while ago and it's a pretty common part to break. That LED takes a beating. Pretty sure there is a pinned post in the thread about this. But, basically order the replacement part and an extra tiny rubber to help avoid the issue going forward.
The replacement isn't hard, but is a PITA. You'll need to clip some zip ties on the underside and pull the light up through the top of bumper. Then de-solder the broken light, put the rubber inside under where the light goes, and solder the new one on. Use some microfiber towels around the working area to protect the precious playfield. Once reinstalled put in new zip ties under the PF and you should be good.

Thanks! That’s what I was afraid of. Getting better at my soldering (but it sometimes looks kinda rough. I was hoping it was just a connector under the playfield.

If anyone wants to know, I had to figure out what they did to the ship to get colored light (mine stopped working). I didn’t have to replace the ship, but you can get one on Amazon. Unscrew the 3 tiny screws under the ship to get inside (top clam shells off the bottom). There is a led board that has a connector…like all the other leds. Easy to replace…mine was just a bad connection. Most irritating part was that you need to take the ship off the main plastic…leave it on the plastic hinge.

#18885 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’m throwing a set on next week. I have them on a few games and I really like the feel. [quoted image]

Halos make a huge improvement for this game. Left ramp outta a catch is no prob now. Look killer with GITD titans, too.

PXL_20221030_163426173 (resized).jpgPXL_20221030_163426173 (resized).jpg
#18886 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Halos make a huge improvement for this game. Left ramp outta a catch is no prob now. Look killer with GITD titans, too.

Ordered mine this morning and can't wait to try them out!

#18887 1 year ago

Are these precision flippers having any effect on flipper fade?

Or maybe people have turned up the power or used fans to counter fade?

#18888 1 year ago

I had to turn my power down quite a bit after installing them, so it has to help. Less power going to the coils=less heat.

#18889 1 year ago

I usually play about a half hour at a time, haven't gotten around to putting fans on yet but haven't appreciated any fade with the halos set at 28 on both sides. Fans will never make flippers better though; they just keep them from getting worse. These actively improve power and accuracy.

#18890 1 year ago

To piggyback on some earlier posts I'm too lazy to go back and find to quote, I've got my topper motor disabled (noise, I usually just play alone), but i have noticed the lights firing off at inappropriate times. Is this a universal bug??

#18891 1 year ago

I realised last night that I have not seen Pickle Rick mode for what seems like about 100 games. I know it doesn't come up often but I'm sure I would have gotten it by now even by accident, because I have no trouble hitting the garage shot. Are people on the latest code still seeing this mode?

#18892 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I realised last night that I have not seen Pickle Rick mode for what seems like about 100 games. I know it doesn't come up often but I'm sure I would have gotten it by now even by accident, because I have no trouble hitting the garage shot. Are people on the latest code still seeing this mode?

Come to think of it, I have not seen the Pickle Rick mode since I upgraded, but could just be a coincidence?

#18893 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Come to think of it, I have not seen the Pickle Rick mode since I upgraded, but could just be a coincidence?

I've seen pickle rick in regular game play and I'm on the latest code update. It doesn't come up for at least the first two adventures you go on (3rd or later). I think there might also be a stamps requirement. So, if you set your game up to start with fewer than 4 stamps (default) you'll possibly need to complete a few modes and earn stamps before Pickle Rick will show up.

#18894 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Yes, I definitely played it yesterday and am up to date.

#18895 1 year ago

Pickle Rick is in there and pops up as normal.

Have noticed quite a bit of Random Topper Activity during gameplay.

Really want to get my hands on some of those Halos for my R&M and Ultraman Machines.

#18896 1 year ago

The excess topper activity occurs if you lose your ball during certain adventures while the garage shot is lit up. The topper won't kick off and then stays on until the game ends or until you charge your portal gun again and change dimensions.

#18897 1 year ago

I got a set of the precision flippers, along with the bushings, but I have a question before I proceed. I installed the X-Spacer mod before the new bushings were made available, and they are in the game now. Precision said the new bushings are the proper height and I can ditch the spacers.

But, I got the PF up and was all set to do the job when luckily it dawned on me that the spacers required longer screws into the PF. I clearly remember being very paranoid I'd break through the PF doing that. Anyway, I saved the original wood screws, but the bag I had them in has two distinct sizes.

Can anyone confirm or verify which of these screws I should use when I rip out the spacers and put the mechanism back directly on the PF. Attached are some pictures with my (dead battery) calipers as well as a side by side. Is it possible some are supposed to be longer than others? If so do we know which ones?

20221120_151444 (resized).jpg20221120_151444 (resized).jpg20221120_151507 (resized).jpg20221120_151507 (resized).jpg20221120_151528 (resized).jpg20221120_151528 (resized).jpg
#18898 1 year ago

You are going to want to return to the original shorter screws.

Have a pack of flat toothpicks handy to use them as crutches in the holes and they should snug up nice and firm.

#18899 1 year ago

been forever, but weren't half the screws in the mounts longer, and half shorter? I recall having to mark them when putting spacers in.

#18900 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Have a pack of flat toothpicks handy to use them as crutches in the holes and they should snug up nice and firm

I was thinking the shorter ones too, and am most definitely concerned about the condition of those screw holes. I have toothpicks and wood glue if their messed up. Which I realize will make this an even bigger job. I was hoping to just unscrew them and slide the spacers out then put in the old screws. Doing wood surgery isn't gonna make it easier.

Quoted from Zablon:

but weren't half the screws in the mounts longer, and half shorter? I recall having to mark them when putting spacers in.

This is what I thought too, I could have sworn in the instructions for the spacers it was adamant about which were longer. I don't have those instructions on paper so I don't know. Hopefully someone remembers, or worst case maybe I'll call spooky tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 378 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/378 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.