(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240719_165122 (resized).jpg
20240719_083326 (resized).jpg
20240718_184422 (resized).jpg
20240711_172728 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240619_041823511 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5921027_2168976 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240613_040552091 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195552022 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195846469 (resized).jpg
IMG_7662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1085 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,358 posts in this topic. You are on page 373 of 408.
#18601 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

No he left some time ago. There was also a post from him on pinside.

I didn't "leave", I was laid off in 2021.

As I've said elsewhere Spooky decided they prefer to lean on their local talent, and I wish them well.

I have been working with Multimorphic as a rules advisor on Weird Al.

#18602 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I didn't "leave", I was laid off in 2021.
As I've said elsewhere Spooky decided they prefer to lean on their local talent, and I wish them well.
I have been working with Multimorphic as a rules advisor on Weird Al.

Your rules with Rick and Morty were quite clever... Approachable, unique with the mega seed bonus and balanced. And each adventure created a different experience... sometimes speed, sometimes risk/reward (ala Scary Terry), sometimes precision (ala Purge). Definitely a core part of what makes Rick and Morty a classic and lasting pin in a collection. The community appreciates your contributions (and Eric and others on the pin's team too).

I'm going to have to look into Multimorphic, it's a company that admittedly hasn't been on my radar.

#18603 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'd personally love to see what CGC could do with the R&M license.
IMO the best build quality in the business, coupled by a company that has put more value into games than most.
Truth is, any company out there would be wise to make another R&M game because it's a no brainer. If Spooky can sell 700 day one, imagine what Stern/JJP/CGC could do
Mind you, I'd rather not see Stern/JJP do it because I think they'd make it too family friendly.
But if Stern was willing to get gutsy like they did making Sopranos, I think they'd make a fun game.
Elwin on R&M! Just imagine!

And CGC still hasn’t got past using a dmd.

#18604 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

And CGC still hasn’t got past using a dmd.

They remade DMD era games. What were you expecting?

But the work that they did to modernize the DMD display was absolutely epic.

I have absolutely no doubt that they would do an incredible job on a LCD display, and because they seem so detail-oriented, I imagined that this would also show in their graphics game.

#18605 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Stern doing R&M2 would be a major let down and a step backwards in many ways. I personally don’t want to see R&M2 not have full RGB lighting, a $9 speaker system, and PG rated call outs.
As others have said, when the sequel game is eventually made (my guess is we see it in 2025), it needs the same core development team to be a true sequel game, at least Scott and Eric to be sure.

My point exactly.

#18606 1 year ago

My upper right flipper isn't working during games with the new update. It works in utility test mode. I think I read someone else had this problem. Any ideas?

#18607 1 year ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

My upper right flipper isn't working during games with the new update. It works in utility test mode. I think I read someone else had this problem. Any ideas?

If you do a switch test, are BOTH switches registering when you push the right flipper button? it sound's like the coil is fine, but maybe your flipper switch is not.

#18608 1 year ago

“… Harmon has a Rick and Morty pinball machine that he cherishes …” - From : https://www.newsweek.com/2022/09/09/rick-morty-season6-interview-loss-karmic-debt-ripping-shirts-off-dan-harmon-1738178.html

My one great disappointment of the project was that the Pandemic swooped in JUST before we were going to deliver Dan & Justin’s games to them in person. I really wanted to be there when they got to check it out for the first time.

#18609 1 year ago

Noticing I don't get credit for beating my mode high score on Blood Dome.... (I did a score reset after the Mindblowers update). Anyone else seeing this?

#18610 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

But the work that they did to modernize the DMD display was absolutely epic.
I have absolutely no doubt that they would do an incredible job on a LCD display, and because they seem so detail-oriented, I imagined that this would also show in their graphics game.

Though everything you are saying about CGC is true and they are a solid company with great QC, it just wouldn’t be a real sequel game if it came from a different manufacturer. Spooky needs to do whatever it takes to secure the license for the sequel and get access to as much content from the recent seasons as they did for the first game.

Spooky should strike while the iron is hot and get the sequel into the development/production cycle.

#18611 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

“… Harmon has a Rick and Morty pinball machine that he cherishes …” - From : https://www.newsweek.com/2022/09/09/rick-morty-season6-interview-loss-karmic-debt-ripping-shirts-off-dan-harmon-1738178.html
My one great disappointment of the project was that the Pandemic swooped in JUST before we were going to deliver Dan & Justin’s games to them in person. I really wanted to be there when they got to check it out for the first time.

Aww man that sucks. I would have thought his would have been hand delivered in the first 10 or so.

#18612 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Noticing I don't get credit for beating my mode high score on Blood Dome.... (I did a score reset after the Mindblowers update). Anyone else seeing this?

When you’re in challenge mode, you only get challenge mode scores - and when you’re in the main game you get the default adventure high scores (because the rules overall are different). Or are you talking about something else?

#18613 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When you’re in challenge mode, you only get challenge mode scores - and when you’re in the main game you get the default adventure high scores (because the rules overall are different). Or are you talking about something else?

Current normal game blood dome high score is the stock/default ARMOTHY 500k.
In a normal game earlier I scored 2-plus million (according to the end-mode screen) but got no initials prompt.

I have the log if that helps but i'm not home now.

#18614 1 year ago

Welp, my R&M machine survived the move from Texas to Connecticut... which I can only politely describe as 'not good.' A supposed 'expert with pinball' from the crating company packed up my machine while I was at work. He did a nice job carefully disassembling the topper and boxing it up along with the legs, bolts and keys. So I thought we were good.

Then it arrives at the destination and not only did they not place anything in between the folded down backbox (a piece of cardboard... anything?) and actually wrap tape directly around the machine in places... But they also didn't actually remove the pinballs from the game! One of the movers handed me one of the pinballs after they placed the machine in the basement and said 'it fell out when we were moving it.' Yikes.

Anyway, I've set up the machine, found the remaining pinballs which were happily rolling around the inside (!), and gotten everything back set up. Remarkably the machine seems to be in decent condition despite the circumstances.

Except, once I turn it on, a *lot* of the playfield components don't seem to have power anymore. All the LEDs seem good. Game starts up fine. But then...

Launch button doesn't launch a ball. None of the flippers work. Left popper from the portal exit doesn't fire. The game seems none the wiser. When I do the various tests... nothing happens when it's testing but the game doesn't otherwise complain. Clearly power isn't getting to... quite a few components.

I've looked carefully at the connections on both the backbox and underneath the playfield and everything *appears* to still be connected properly.

Assume I'll need to get a tech out here to help, as I am reluctant to really do too much here. I'm fine with simple electronics work (replaced the fan in the PSU, replaced the screen with a better TFT lcd) but am certainly not the best at troubleshooting.

Any ideas? Perhaps of a specific connection or two to look closely at? My best guess is that when in transit some of the more significant electrical connections got slightly disconnected. But without knowing where to look I'm hesitant to do too much.

If not, any ideas on a tech who's got experience working on Spooky's that would be willing to work on my machine in Westport, CT?

#18615 1 year ago

Check EVERY Connector.

If there are any that are loose, cut way the hot glue and connect and then re-glue.

These connectors are known for working themselves loose and I am betting a bunch of yours are not properly seated. Check'em all, ribbons, Leds, Opto Boards. All of them.

#18616 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Current normal game blood dome high score is the stock/default ARMOTHY 500k.
In a normal game earlier I scored 2-plus million (according to the end-mode screen) but got no initials prompt.
I have the log if that helps but i'm not home now.

Normal mode scoring/high-score *should* be unaffected/unchanged - but I’ll check on it. Always possible that I’m wrong. It’s not even that uncommon.

#18617 1 year ago

Check the user manual, and reference the wiring schematics to see if you can find the commonality of what’s not working, then trace those colored wires out checking the connections along the way.

#18618 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Check the user manual, and reference the wiring schematics to see if you can find the commonality of what’s not working, then trace those colored wires out checking the connections along the way.

Um....is there such a thing? I'm not sure if you are serious, being sarcastic, or I've been left out of the loop.

#18619 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Um....is there such a thing? I'm not sure if you are serious, being sarcastic, or I've been left out of the loop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/240#post-6194984

#18620 1 year ago

Did that have schematics though? From what I recall it was more of a rules thing that a 3rd party made.

#18621 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Though everything you are saying about CGC is true and they are a solid company with great QC, it just wouldn’t be a real sequel game if it came from a different manufacturer. Spooky needs to do whatever it takes to secure the license for the sequel and get access to as much content from the recent seasons as they did for the first game.
Spooky should strike while the iron is hot and get the sequel into the development/production cycle.

I agree totally that it would be in Spooky's best interest to secure the license and put another game out, but in my own personal pinball fantasy, it would be CGC getting the license, and doing an original take on R&M (doesn't have to be a sequel to the first game).

I think with their superior quality, they would make a game that would absolutely be legendary. CGC is the only company out there that makes a game that feels up to par with the Stern quality (especially the way it flips).

We all know it's just a matter of time before they put out an original (not remake) game, and I have a lot of confidence that it's going to be amazing.

#18622 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was being sarcastic. Having a user manual for a situation like troubleshooting or replacement parts would really be useful. I’ve mentioned this a number of times in this thread, and while the community created document is useful, it’s not the real deal.

I’ve already given up my quest for the additional adventures or theme content. Maybe a consolation prize could be the ever elusive official user manual. Maybe the user manual is my Jessica.

#18623 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hopefully he's been able to download the update with the cool challenge mode! I wonder if non-pinball people know about updating the software?

#18624 1 year ago

Thanks very much! A few of the diagrams, particularly pages 34 and 36 at least give me an idea of which connectors I need to try re-seating.

#18625 1 year ago
Quoted from modsbox:

Thanks very much! A few of the diagrams, particularly pages 34 and 36 at least give me an idea of which connectors I need to try re-seating.

I'm about 20min away and have a R&M so let me know if I can help but I'm not really a tech.

#18626 1 year ago

How about a Mr. Frundles dimension where shots make him say his quote as he takes over the pin

#18627 1 year ago

Game is the most problematic pinball machine on the face of the earth. How about Spooky build a REAL Pinball Machine that actually works???? Such a great game that has costed me an extra $1000 this past month chasing a “ Brick /False Drain Issue. Nightmare

#18628 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Game is the most problematic pinball machine on the face of the earth. How about Spooky build a REAL Pinball Machine that actually works???? Such a great game that has costed me an extra $1000 this past month chasing a “ Brick /False Drain Issue. Nightmare

Sorry you are having issues and are frustrated, but you would be in the minority. Spooky hasn't been any help? They are usually pretty good with support.

#18629 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Are you paying a tech an hourly wage to help? What cost $1,000? I understand your frustration, I bought mine NIB and spent 2 months dialing it in. Spooky was very supportive during the process. I have to say, when the dust cleared, most of the tweaks were fairly minor (but some took experience & skill to accomplish). If you aren't "handy" with doing the work yourself, I'm sure it's more painful.

#18630 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Sorry you're having issues, but this is a bad take overall. Mines rock solid.

#18631 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Are you sure it didn't fall off of the truck or tip over at some point in the delivery?

#18632 1 year ago

Sorry you're having issues, but this is a bad take overall. Mines rock solid.

Mine shoots great but has definitely been finicky where every few weeks something goes out (lights, sound, etc) and I need to pick up playfield and push on all the connectors. Sometimes this helps immediately and sometimes I have to do it a few days jn a row. It gets a little frustrating though since no connections ever appear to be loose. That said, we LOVE the game so its a small price to pay and Spooky support is always very responsive and helpful.

#18633 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Mine shoots great but has definitely been finicky where every few weeks something goes out (lights, sound, etc) and I need to pick up playfield and push on all the connectors. Sometimes this helps immediately and sometimes I have to do it a few days jn a row. It gets a little frustrating though since no connections ever appear to be loose. That said, we LOVE the game so its a small price to pay and Spooky support is always very responsive and helpful.

Do you have a shaker motor installed? Might want to turn it off, as others have done so it doesn't shake everything loose.

#18634 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Do you have a shaker motor installed? Might want to turn it off, as others have done so it doesn't shake everything loose.

yes it does! but its fun! perhaps Ill try and see though thanks for this.

#18635 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

yes it does! but its fun! perhaps Ill try and see though thanks for this.

A little drop of hot glue on each connector fixed this issue for me. Annoying...yes. But the 30 mins spent was worth it since I haven't had to lift the PF for a connector issue since.

#18636 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

A little drop of hot glue on each connector fixed this issue for me. Annoying...yes. But the 30 mins spent was worth it since I haven't had to lift the PF for a connector issue since.

Did you do this over top of the factory hot glue or remove and redo? thanks!

#18637 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Did you do this over top of the factory hot glue or remove and redo? thanks!

Mine did not come with anything glued, I imagine this was an oversight during assembly. If mine did have it, I would remove the existing glue before reapplying.

#18638 1 year ago

I’ve had the best results with removing the factory glue, and then adding a drop to the base then reseating the connector. I tried adding glue to the edges of the connectors when seated and I didn’t get lasting results.

#18639 1 year ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

I’ve had the best results with removing the factory glue, and then adding a drop to the base then reseating the connector. I tried adding glue to the edges of the connectors when seated and I didn’t get lasting results.

Thanks both for the tips. Yeah mine came with glue everywhere so will be a big job to remove it all and reglue. But good to know it helped if he have recurring issues!

#18640 1 year ago

Wait, what are we supposed to be gluing?

#18641 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

These type of connectors.

212dad47b8e86c13434b06e987eb144f6228d85e (resized).jpg212dad47b8e86c13434b06e987eb144f6228d85e (resized).jpg
#18642 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

For mine, I had a bunch of lights that were acting up. Was able to trace it to the power cable on one of the light boards. Tiny dab of hot glue on the board and reseated the connector. Been solid ever since

#18643 1 year ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

For mine, I had a bunch of lights that were acting up. Was able to trace it to the power cable on one of the light boards. Tiny dab of hot glue on the board and reseated the connector. Been solid ever since

I noticed that the lights acting is usually caused by the white rubber on the screw pushing towards the playfield, away from being tight to the light. Removing the light, then tightening the rubber onto the screw will fix this. I wonder if putting a piece of glue on the rubber before tightening will help keeps lights working properly.

#18644 1 year ago

Relatively new owner here. I love this game. One question: Is backhanding from lower left flipper to left side of Danesi orbit a relatively easy shot? Mine always hits the pop bumper. I am completely willing to assume it's lack of skill but I scored 90M on factory settings so I am not a bad player, but that shot is currently impossible on my machine. Any thoughts? Could it be the plumbus bumper that came installed with my machine (wider than the stock bumper?) Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#18645 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Relatively new owner here. I love this game. One question: Is backhanding from lower left flipper to left side of Danesi orbit a relatively easy shot? Mine always hits the pop bumper. I am completely willing to assume it's lack of skill but I scored 90M on factory settings so I am not a bad player, but that shot is currently impossible on my machine. Any thoughts? Could it be the plumbus bumper that came installed with my machine (wider than the stock bumper?) Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I can backhand to the left side of the lock from the left flipper relatively easy, but if I flip too soon, I'll hit the pop.

#18646 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

It's a bit tricky for me, but if you have perfect timing, I can do it with inconsistent results

#18647 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:Mine always hits the pop bumper. I am completely willing to assume it's lack of skill but I scored 90M on factory settings so I am not a bad player, but that shot is currently impossible on my machine. Any thoughts?

If you are hitting the Pop, the Lock should be no problem as it is inside the path of/to the Pop. Just let it roll in a fraction more.

I can hit mine at will with a backhand from the Left Flipper.

#18648 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I can backhand to the left side of the lock from the left flipper relatively easy, but if I flip too soon, I'll hit the pop.

It's a bit tricky for me, but if you have perfect timing, I can do it with inconsistent results

Quoted from guitarded:

If you are hitting the Pop, the Lock should be no problem as it is inside the path of/to the Pop. Just let it roll in a fraction more.
I can hit mine at will with a backhand from the Left Flipper.

Sounds like practice, practice, practice. It either hits pop or post to right of left Danesi. Will keep trying. Right backhand, simple. Left backhand, not so much.

#18649 1 year ago

I only shoot the left side from the left flip and right from right when I have the ball trapped. On the fly I go for the opposite side. It's 100% makeable but does take practice.

#18650 1 year ago

I have had this game since it came out but just started to really play it , man its hard! Just get drain after drain right down the middle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Detroit, MI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,358 posts in this topic. You are on page 373 of 408.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.