(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 405.
#18301 1 year ago

yess ! Another update coming for my favourite game
looks like this mod will be fun with my wife

#18302 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Wow man your pictures killed me
That's exactly what I thought BBB and R&M are UFOs
it's wonderful to put them together

Thank you! Yea, we love the BBB/R&M combo. We have our Quicksilver set up right across from them, they are our space corner and all three fit together so well.

#18303 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Wow man your pictures killed me
That's exactly what I thought BBB and R&M are UFOs
it's wonderful to put them together

I feel like Big Bang Bar is a place Rick might take Morty when he turns 21.

#18304 1 year ago

What the what?

How do we do Challenge mode?

#18305 1 year ago

People helping test the new thing: EDIT - Nevermind, there’s a mean crash bug in 8.14

To everybody else:

Q: What the heck is going on?
A: I’m adding a “Single Adventure Challenge” mode

Q: WTF is that?
A: In attract mode, you can hold the right flipper and anti-gravity buttons to trigger a selector to pick an adventure and a dimension and then you get one ball to do your best. Supports multiplayer. Tracks the best score per combo of adventure/dimension. Has some new pages in the attract mode with high scores.

Q: OMG WHEN?!
A: Hopefully before the end of this week - It’s essentially ready, as long as no new issues turn up.

#18306 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

if i was a developer i would have created an extra menu after an award (not in the setting) allowing you to select your dimension like we did with the last adventure only.
i think something is missing.

Finally it was not a bad idea to incorporate a challenge mode, thanks Eric for that

With Beta version, this is a good thing to disable multiball, and everything stops at the end of the adventure.
you can play a game with your friends in 3 balls or you can also challenge your friends with 1 ball if you like, or both !.
no problem at all
Which reminds me of Safecracker with his 2 different game modes.
just awesome,

#18307 1 year ago

I assume challenge mode is free play only?
On location I could see people accidentally starting this mode and being bummed they only get 1 ball/mode

#18308 1 year ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

I assume challenge mode is free play only?
On location I could see people accidentally starting this mode and being bummed they only get 1 ball/mode

It defaults to disabled - you have to turn it on; but it does work with credits if desired.

#18309 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It defaults to disabled - you have to turn it on; but it does work with credits if desired.

No reason it should not.

1 Credit should get you a single Head2Head match.

Operators should love it as they are getting paid for 2/3 the balls.

#18310 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Perfect best of both worlds

#18311 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I feel like Big Bang Bar is a place Rick might take Morty when he turns 21.

Ha! For sure. That was effectively my thought with that pairing!

#18312 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No reason it should not.
1 Credit should get you a single Head2Head match.
Operators should love it as they are getting paid for 2/3 the balls.

It’s still 1 credit per player - not going to mess around any further in the framework of how the game works.

#18313 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

People helping test the new thing: EDIT - Nevermind, there’s a mean crash bug in 8.14
To everybody else:
Q: What the heck is going on?
A: I’m adding a “Single Adventure Challenge” mode
Q: WTF is that?
A: In attract mode, you can hold the right flipper and anti-gravity buttons to trigger a selector to pick an adventure and a dimension and then you get one ball to do your best. Supports multiplayer. Tracks the best score per combo of adventure/dimension. Has some new pages in the attract mode with high scores.
Q: OMG WHEN?!
A: Hopefully before the end of this week - It’s essentially ready, as long as no new issues turn up.

Oh hell yes. This is awesome.

#18315 1 year ago

People testing: Now there’s really a new build up to try - without the dumb crash problem the earlier one had.

Also has a new thing RotorDave wanted.

#18316 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Also has a new thing RotorDave wanted.

Curse that guy and his demanding ways.

rd

#18317 1 year ago

Can’t wait!!!

Sounds awesome! Thank you Eric

#18318 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

epthegeek did an amazing job on the Challenge mode. I can't stop playing it.
One adventure, One dimension, One ball. No multiballs, no meeseeks, no skill shot.
My go to is random adventure + random dimension. The combination of possibilities is extremely high making for so many possible mini games.
Of course I had to first go straight to Rick Potion #9 + Froopyland It was like getting a game genie back when I was a kid. Needless to say that was a long mini game.
The screens are very intuitive and after a few plays it is easy to figure out. It took me a few games to figure out that I can add a second player for head to head.
Change NOTHING. It is perfection.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome.

#18319 1 year ago

cant wait for the final update thank you!!! challenge mode is epic!

#18320 1 year ago

How do you select challenge mode? I tried watching tutorials but couldn’t find it.

Tia

#18321 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How do you select challenge mode? I tried watching tutorials but couldn’t find it.
Tia

Not released to the public build yet - soon.

#18322 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not released to the public build yet - soon.

Got it, thanks! I’m excited for it

#18323 1 year ago

I’m not part of the beta test, but really can’t wait for the final code from the info that’s been shared. I want to personally thank Eric for doing more updates…this really puts all the naysayers in their place about Spooky/updates. Eric and Spooky have come through, and anyone doubting future releases (I mean future machines) should see how much team Spooky really cares about us pinheads.

#18324 1 year ago

epthegeek Thank you for your continued efforts in updating the code for our games. Is there any prospect of getting support for Scorbit built into the machine like JJP has done without having to add a Scorbitron?

#18325 1 year ago

Hi, does anyone have a different 3D printing file for the flipper spacers? This one doesn't work as it has structural issues. Just asking because I was going to try to install a bunch of mods tomorrow with a friend.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4869750

#18326 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Hi, does anyone have a different 3D printing file for the flipper spacers? This one doesn't work as it has structural issues. Just asking because I was going to try to install a bunch of mods tomorrow with a friend.

I just printed a set in PETG using that Thingverse file with no problem. I’m entry level at 3D printing, but would be glad to help via PM, or the experts in the 3D printing thread would be able to.

#18327 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I just printed a set in PETG using that Thingverse file with no problem. I’m entry level at 3D printing, but would be glad to help via PM, or the experts in the 3D printing thread would be able to.

Thanks. I will contact you.

#18328 1 year ago

First I am seeing this and intriguing. Have you noticed any differences in gameplay? Seems like alot of work for this adjustment.Thanks

#18329 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Why aren't you simply installing the Spooky lowered/approved flipper bushings? This spacer looks like the wrong fix...

#18330 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Why aren't you simply installing the Spooky lowered/approved flipper bushings? This spacer looks like the wrong fix...

Because I am new and don't know where to get those! Help

#18331 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Just call Spooky and they'll hook you up.

#18332 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Or email [email protected].

Morgan Emery
Spooky Pinball LLC
50 Easy Street
Benton,WI 53803
815-541-0054

Link to key post from this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/182#post-6017299

#18333 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

First I am seeing this and intriguing. Have you noticed any differences in gameplay? Seems like alot of work for this adjustment.Thanks

Very little work to install, you can remove the screws and slip the spacer in, then reinstall with longer screws. I wasn’t aware that Spooky offered a revised bushing, but that would do the same thing. Lowering the flippers makes a marked difference in gameplay.

#18334 1 year ago

Very little work to install, you can remove the screws and slip the spacer in, then reinstall with longer screws. I wasn’t aware that Spooky offered a revised bushing, but that would do the same thing. Lowering the flippers makes a marked difference in gameplay.

Another advantage to the spacers over the short bushings; years down the line, you can just rebuild your flippers with standard bushings rather than tracking down a short set (or modifying a set). That was my justification, anyway... also the 5 minute install is nice.

edit: I will say, shorter bushings seem more 'legit' to me, just 2 ways to achieve the same end goal. Don't mean to hate on either method... and I also thought my game played fine prior to installing the spacers.

#18335 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Another advantage to the spacers over the short bushings; years down the line, you can just rebuild your flippers with standard bushings rather than tracking down a short set (or modifying a set). That was my justification, anyway... also the 5 minute install is nice.
edit: I will say, shorter bushings seem more 'legit' to me, just 2 ways to achieve the same end goal. Don't mean to hate on either method... and I also thought my game played fine prior to installing the spacers.

That's a good point, however the bushings typically aren't a "wear item" (and can be reused when rebuilding flipper components that do wear).

The problem with installing adhoc spacers is making sure the longer screws don't poke through the PF. Remember that this started because I/we noticed the R&M PF was thinner than B/W PF's. As a result, there are some pretty specific screw choices that Spook made during manufacturing. The flipper brackets use a mix of small and slightly larger (forget the exact length) screws...the larger ones are underneath the slings (i.e. not visible) incase the top of the PF is slightly impacted aesthetically. The screw certainly doesn't poke through, but it might have a very slight outward dimple. This is why Spooky decided to use the shorter screws on the visible parts of the PF. Even the slightest outward dimple would be unacceptable (obviously). If they used all short screws, the flipper bracket might not be as secure as where they ended up. Why is this interesting? When you remove the flipper brackets, you will need to make sure the short/long screws go back in a very specific location. All very arcane, I realize

#18336 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's a good point, however the bushings really aren't a "wear item" (and can be reused when rebuilding flipper components that do wear).
The problem with installing adhoc spacers is making sure the longer screws don't poke through the PF. Remember that this started because I/we noticed the R&M PF was thinner than B/W PF's. As a result, there are some pretty specific screw choices that Spook made during manufacturing. The flipper brackets use a mix of small and slightly larger (forget the exact length) screws...the larger ones are underneath the slings (i.e. not visible) incase the top of the PF is slightly impacted aesthetically. The screw certainly doesn't poke through, but it might have a very slight outward dimple. This is why Spooky decided to use the shorter screws on the visible parts of the PF. Even the slightest outward dimple would be unacceptable (obviously). If they used all short screws, the flipper bracket might not be as secure as where they ended up. Why is this interesting? When you remove the flipper brackets, you will need to make sure the short/long screws go back in a very specific location. All very arcane, I realize

This paragraph is helpful, I have saved it for later review.

My plan is to just rebuild all the screw holes one day with the toothpick + wood glue method (although I need to rebuild a few soon because of the unscrewing and re-screwing + flipper fans the integrity of some of the holes is now suspect). I'll then use the proper bushings, remove the X spacer, and use longer screws on the holes that share with the cooling fans, and the shorter screws everywhere else.

#18337 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Photos with the Stern mirror blades installed. They fit perfect. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just so I can save this for future consideration, are these the mirror blades that you used?

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stern-mirror-blades

#18338 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Just so I can save this for future consideration, are these the mirror blades that you used?
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/stern-mirror-blades

Yes, that’s them.

#18339 1 year ago

I got tired of looking at the dull pop cap. This one is a game changer.

20220815_145021 (resized).jpg20220815_145021 (resized).jpg20220815_145032(0) (resized).jpg20220815_145032(0) (resized).jpg
#18340 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I got tired of looking at the dull pop cap. This one is a game changer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful. Where can I get it?

#18343 1 year ago

My upper right flipper is staying up until I hit my left flipper button. Any clue why?

#18344 1 year ago

Anyone interested in this cover for the pinball glass?

I sold my game so slowly getting rid of stuff I have for Rick and Morty.

$25 bucks shipped to anywhere in the US.

PM me if you are interested.

Thanks
Rich

AD8C424B-D1F4-4CDA-A9C5-BBE54B1E724A (resized).jpegAD8C424B-D1F4-4CDA-A9C5-BBE54B1E724A (resized).jpeg
#18345 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My upper right flipper is staying up until I hit my left flipper button. Any clue why?

Did you break a return spring? I would take a look under the playfield and inspect the mech.

#18346 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

new dimension code

#18347 1 year ago

I don't think any of the new dimensions do that haha just sounds like the flipper mech is binding slightly.

You did give me the idea for a negative dimension even worse than fl-33p: hitting the flipper button toggles the flipper(s) on and off. Hit it once, flipper up, hit it again, flipper down... maybe call it kl4p-0n.

#18348 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

He only has a couple left. It is solid polished stainless steel.

They have one less now.

#18349 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

new dimension code

Mans trying to throw me under a bus.

Quoted from metallik:

You did give me the idea for a negative dimension even worse than fl-33p: hitting the flipper button toggles the flipper(s) on and off. Hit it once, flipper up, hit it again, flipper down... maybe call it kl4p-0n.

Can’t really do this. The way flipper button rules work you can’t change them rapidly without problems. Well, I can’t anyway.

#18350 1 year ago

Ok because didn’t have the issue until today when I did the new update. I’ll have to look underneath.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/367?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.