(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,229 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 minutes ago by Shapeshifter
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 405.
#18151 1 year ago

What if you are in the "Kl4-ck" dimension and hit the spinner. Do you get 1 knock or a bunch?

#18152 1 year ago

Very much appreciated @epthegeek!

#18153 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What if you are in the "Kl4-ck" dimension and hit the spinner. Do you get 1 knock or a bunch?

The knocker dimension doesn’t use the spinner, and it has a tenth of a second delay between possible knocks on any other switch so it can’t get hammered.

#18154 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The knocker dimension doesn’t use the spinner, and it has a tenth of a second delay between possible knocks on any other switch so it can’t get hammered.

Instead of a full switch knocker dimension, maybe it could be like TAF where it's 1 knock on the first ramp, 2 knocks on the 2nd ramp, etc. Max of 3 knocks per ramp. You could call it T4F-N0K, and have white/blue lightning effects.

#18155 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Instead of a full switch knocker dimension, maybe it could be like TAF where it's 1 knock on the first ramp, 2 knocks on the 2nd ramp, etc. Max of 3 knocks per ramp. You could call it T4F-N0K, and have white/blue lightning effects.

The ship; it has sailed. Also dimensions don’t have changing rules.

#18156 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The ship; it has sailed. Also dimensions don’t have changing rules.

I wonder how many people need to hear that dimensions aren't modes!!!!

#18157 1 year ago

Save those double-multiball starts until you get to Froopyland, my dudes!

#18158 1 year ago

Right on for adding the NC-17 dimension. Although I sold my RM, the best playing RM on earth C-137 is a short distance away and in a close homies garagecade that is LEGENDARY for pinball shenanigans.

#18159 1 year ago

Jerry Edition #231 is excited to install this new update.

When the heat dies down, pinball season in my Gold Mine garagecade franchise is going to be poppin’!!

#18160 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I have an old Bally EM called Firecracker which uses a spinner under the pf (kicked by a solenoid) to randomly rotate a set of award lights. I wired in the knocker to the spinner circuit and now it REALLY sounds like firecrackers going off. Been working that way for decades

#18161 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I have an old Bally EM called Firecracker which uses a spinner under the pf (kicked by a solenoid) to randomly rotate a set of award lights. I wired in the knocker to the spinner circuit and now it REALLY sounds like firecrackers going off. Been working that way for decades

Sure. I'm not saying it couldn't work - I just didn't do it. A rapid pile of knocks doesn't seem like a "knock" really, youknowwhatimean?

#18162 1 year ago

Great update! Do you think there will ever be a co-op option like acnc?

#18163 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Great update! Do you think there will ever be a co-op option like acnc?

I don't really think the game fits well with co-op, personally. It's not as story-progression-specific as something like exploring the castle in ACNC. It's just play some adventures and have fun.

If you want more people to get to the adventure selector for a full card so they can pick their own - just crank up the number of starting stamps.

#18164 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I don't really think the game fits well with co-op, personally. It's not as story-progression-specific as something like exploring the castle in ACNC. It's just play some adventures and have fun.
If you want more people to get to the adventure selector for a full card so they can pick their own - just crank up the number of starting stamps.

Makes sense! Thanks!

#18165 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

How about some sort of hold the flippers in at start up and get to pick a mode to practice? Like getting to play just the wizard mode on one of the newer stern games.
Quick battles in multi-player games.
Start game..
Player 1 picks the mode..
Each player gets one ball in that mode. That's it. Game over. High score wins.

FYI - I may try to work this in. It's more work than adding dimensions, so it won't be soon or anything (or maybe never) - but, I just wanted to make sure that Pinstym gets proper credit for planting the seed.

Would be: Pick adventure, Pick Dimension (none/random/specific) and then start. One ball challenge thing. Would be good for dollar games.

#18166 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

FYI - I may try to work this in. It's more work than adding dimensions, so it won't be soon or anything (or maybe never) - but, I just wanted to make sure that Pinstym gets proper credit for planting the seed.
Would be: Pick adventure, Pick Dimension (none/random/specific) and then start. One ball challenge thing. Would be good for dollar games.

YES...this would be sweet for dollar games!

#18167 1 year ago

Also great for troubleshooting.. if something weird is happening in a mode, it can be a challenge to get that particular mode going to test things.

#18168 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wow, this possibility is my favorite thing I've read so far! Fingers crossed.

#18169 1 year ago

If there was a “1 adventure challenge mode” - should it only be playing for adventure points/shots and nothing else works? Or score normally? — end when the adventure ends? Or when the ball drains normally? If waiting until a normal drain - do you let the player earn/start another adventure? Extra balls?

Decisions, decisions.

#18170 1 year ago

If someone can qualify and start MB during the adventure, I'd say let it happen. Whether or not to count non-adventure points is a good question.. maybe say no, the multiball is just useful to help complete the adventure shots?

I'd end the game at either mode end or drain. Maybe have an option for unlimited balls and ending only at adventure end, but I'd prefer the former- one and done.

Perhaps have two modes: single adventure challenge (ends as above, no EBs), and adventure time attack, where finishing one immediately starts another, allowing EBs. Thing is, the time attack isn't too much different from the regular game...

#18171 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If there was a “1 adventure challenge mode” - should it only be playing for adventure points/shots and nothing else works? Or score normally? — end when the adventure ends? Or when the ball drains normally? If waiting until a normal drain - do you let the player earn/start another adventure? Extra balls?
Decisions, decisions.

Think it would be cool to have one adventure, nothing else working, points only.

One ball.

Who can score the most points until adventure ends?

Challenge ends when adventure completed and/or after a set amount of time.

#18172 1 year ago

Eric, my Glip Glop!!!!! Thanks!!!!

#18173 1 year ago

Quoted from Shapeshifter:Think it would be cool to have one adventure, nothing else working, points only.
One ball.
Who can score the most points until adventure ends?
Challenge ends when adventure completed and/or after a set amount of time.

CONNECTED online to some type of central scoring system!

#18174 1 year ago

Also, I have to say - I’m a little bummed that I added a silly thing in the April update that wasn’t in the release notes and either nobody has ever run into it, or they just haven’t posted about it.

#18175 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Decisions, decisions.

Normal scoring and Gameplay, start the selected adventure normal way (scoop or garage), ends with ball drain or finish adventure. No extra balls. No ball saver. You could leave mutliball like normal game. Plain, fast dollar game would be cool and special. Own scoreboard for one-ball-adventure challenge for each adventure would be cool, too.

#18176 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Also, I have to say - I’m a little bummed that I added a silly thing in the April update that wasn’t in the release notes and either nobody has ever run into it, or they just haven’t posted about it.

I've hardly played.... that's my excuse..

#18177 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Thanks for your amazing work on the new dimensions! Realizing ship may have sailed but a Jerry dimension would be hilarious using only his callouts and failings! Or dare I say a super basic Jerry MB?!

#18178 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks for your amazing work on the new dimensions! Realizing ship may have sailed but a Jerry dimension would be hilarious using only his callouts and failings! Or dare I say a super basic Jerry MB?!

Can't use Chris Parnell.

#18179 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Can't use Chris Parnell.

Dang, he's such a Jerry.

#18180 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Decisions, decisions.

I say ball save is on the entire time. That way regardless of skill or getting a "house ball" you still all have a certain time to get the most points or a certain time to make that specific shot. Mode 'timer' keeps the tension going regardless of what happens, battle royale. Should be one mode only to keep it even.

Thanks for all the hard work Eric!!

#18181 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I say ball save is on the entire time. That way regardless of skill or getting a "house ball" you still all have a certain time to get the most points or a certain time to make that specific shot. Mode 'timer' keeps the tension going regardless of what happens, battle royale. Should be one mode only to keep it even.
Thanks for all the hard work Eric!!

Many of the modes are not timed though - so that wouldn't work.

#18182 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Can't use Chris Parnell.

what about whining Morty dimension or Summer idiotic phrases dimension? Can you use Birdman?

#18183 1 year ago

Tss tss tss
Tss tsss tsss

#18184 1 year ago

I never installed the April update. I did install this, working great so far.

As for the mode thing you've been discussing. If you only do 1 adventure, and it is random, you are looking at maybe 30-45 seconds for some of the adventures that are timed. Is that really what you want? Unless in that mode you had more opportunity to extend the time (which isn't an option in moonman afaik).

#18185 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Decisions, decisions.

I'd vote all shots available but auto drain when mode ends....

#18186 1 year ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

750 owners, $100 each, that's $75k is that enough to commission you for dlc?

Just a guess on my end but that is probably not enough to license seasons released after the game.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't even own this game but I still appreciate Eric's continued work on it

He is hands down my favorite living coder in pinball. I hope he does some more pinball projects soon.

#18187 1 year ago

Amazing work Erik, can't wait to see these!

Any chance of the "EM Dimension" in the future, at least sounds ("feature") only? I get the scoring / mode ideas I had might have been too complex, but it did get a lot of upvotes and I still think the sounds would be funny.

#18188 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I never installed the April update. I did install this, working great so far.
As for the mode thing you've been discussing. If you only do 1 adventure, and it is random, you are looking at maybe 30-45 seconds for some of the adventures that are timed. Is that really what you want? Unless in that mode you had more opportunity to extend the time (which isn't an option in moonman afaik).

It wouldn’t be random - you’d pick which dimension to play, then all players would do the same one. And it being short is part of the point - quick games for score/fun.

#18189 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It wouldn’t be random - you’d pick which dimension to play, then all players would do the same one. And it being short is part of the point - quick games for score/fun.

Its what keeps me playing one more game. Y’all hit the sweet spot with it that’s for sure. IM was my go to for fast rewarding games prior to R&M.

#18190 1 year ago

And to think this thread was pretty dead prior to post #17907

epthegeek looks like I owe you some brews or California sober alternatives. Keep on keepin’ on, your engagement and involvement is the spark we all needed!

#18191 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is a great idea for end of night/dollar games. I think you almost have to start the adventure on plunge, otherwise too much variation on the skill shots/pre-adventure start scoring (dimensions/seeds/meeseeks/etc). I'd say start adventure, and either start all players in a similar dimension or light the garage for everyone.

For timed adventures, end on ball end or time.
Roy, Whirly, Terry ends on drain or completion
Blood Dome ends on drain, or when the fatality shot times out.
Rickall ends on drain or Mr. Poopybutthole time out
#9 on completion I guess?

How do you feel about starting timed adventures as a multiball? Might be fun/interesting.

Thanks for considering this. This would be so much fun!

#18192 1 year ago

Eric, thanks for doing this! Completely unexpected and fantastic. If only your CCC code were in CCr, I’d stay in line.

#18193 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Decisions, decisions.

The former. This is a skill challenge...hone in on the adventure, that should be the focus...nothing else should work. No extra balls but yes on dimension hopping...good (or bad) strategy would be to move to other dimensions before collecting the adventure shots.

The skill game should start on the plunge.

The ending...it should auto drain when the adventure ends or you lose your ball, pretty simple. Just a quick adventure Morty!

PLEASE can we also have high scores save for each adventure on the skill game?

This option would add a whole new level of competitive multi player pinball, and would give individuals another "side quest" of things to conquer in this incredible game.

#18194 1 year ago

Just got the new code in and gave my R&M a run, holy shit I’m bad at this after not playing much at all in a while. Been concentrating on my GodIlla. Fuck me, flipper angle, timing, way off. I need some practice

Edit- ps, in my second game I got the new swearing dimension!!! Bah hahaha thx Eric!!

#18195 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Winner of the match gets to pick the next dimension and adventure settings.

You could even make it best out of 7 or something, where getting the most points in one of the adventure/dimension sets gives you 1 point. Whoever collects 4 matchup points first wins the dollar.

#18196 1 year ago

I like the new dimension settings. Not a fan of the swamp one - so I set that to only appear later.

#18197 1 year ago

epthegeek Can't thank you enough Eric!~! My son is rapt

#18198 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I like the new dimension settings. Not a fan of the swamp one - so I set that to only appear later.

Funny, Swamp is possibly my favourite!!

#18199 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The swamp one has been around for ages. It’s one of my favorite… IMO it works because it’s such a contrast to the pandemonium of the rest of the game. The more diverse and distinct the dimensions can be the better.

Quoted from goingincirclez:

Amazing work Erik, can't wait to see these!
Any chance of the "EM Dimension" in the future, at least sounds ("feature") only? I get the scoring / mode ideas I had might have been too complex, but it did get a lot of upvotes and I still think the sounds would be funny.

I agree, the EM dimension with pinball chimes and a really dull warm light seems like a natural fit.

#18200 1 year ago

Love the idea of dollar games.

Would love to see if you can implement a speed run, and have a leaderboard for fastest times.

Not sure which adventure would fit the best, but it only needs to be 1 - 2 minutes.

Going head-to-head for a fastest time really gets the adrenaline pumping!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 20,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 364 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/364 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.