(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,220 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Hulkbuster
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 405.
#17951 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Rainbow dimension.
-Light colors cycle through the color spectrum.

Quoted from gutz:

"Do you even LED bro?" or "tastefully done" feature dimension where the GI is absolute freaking clown puke.

I have a light show for that already. It was for a froopyland dimension that never happened.

#17952 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I have a light show for that already. It was for a froopyland dimension that never happened.

You could just rename it to the "Neo Skywalker" dimension.

#17953 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You could just rename it to the "Neo Skywalker" dimension.

It would be hilarious to have audio of Neo berating how awful it looks while you’re in the dimension (to about 6 of us who would get what’s going on) but callout additions are off the table at this point.

#17954 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It would be hilarious to have audio of Neo berating how awful it looks while you’re in the dimension (to about 6 of us who would get what’s going on) but callout additions are off the table at this point.

That would be hilarious for the limited number of people that know Neo and his light show critiquing on for sale posts.

I'm sure you've probably considered this, but maybe a couple of Dimensions involving Megaseeds. You could have one that doesn't allow you to collect Megaseeds while it's running, and another that doubles Megaseed's for every one that is collected.

#17955 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That would be hilarious for the limited number of people that know Neo and his light show critiquing on for sale posts.
Have you thought at all about Dimensions involving Megaseeds. You could have one that doesn't allow you to collect Megaseeds while it's running, and another that doubles Megaseed's for every one that is collected.

I wouldn’t want a dimension without seeds entirely - that’s the whole point of them. But a higher bounty one wouldn’t be all bad.

#17956 1 year ago

Maybe a dimension with roving seed shots?

#17957 1 year ago

I gotta say, as a Rick and Morty owner, all these dimension ideas really have me hopeful and excited! I will obviously take anything that adds to the game.

#17958 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wouldn’t want a dimension without seeds entirely - that’s the whole point of them. But a higher bounty one wouldn’t be all bad.

What about a "Powerball" dimension where the magnet feature of the game doesn't work and shooting the garage via the right orbit (Put it back!) gives you the ability to quickly end the dimension and collect some kind of Powerball hurry-up bonus. I suppose adding any custom music is also off the table as it would be cool to have some Danesi-fied Twilight Zone inspired music in the background. The light show could try to simulate a gumball machine twinkling different colors.

#17959 1 year ago

I understand no new R&M content, but what about a TNA throwback style mode? Something like BKSoR did with the BK and BK2k knights stuff. That could be pretty killer.

Also if anyone is looking to move a R&M let me know

#17960 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I understand no new R&M content, but what about a TNA throwback style mode? Something like BKSoR did with the BK and BK2k knights stuff. That could be pretty killer.
Also if anyone is looking to move a R&M let me know

The “no ramps” dimension is already the TNA dimension (with TNA music)

#17961 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The “no ramps” dimension is already the TNA dimension (with TNA music)

That is awesome! I haven't had that one pop up in my limited time with the game. Thanks for the quick follow up.

#17962 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Higher bounty, as in my revised concept for the EM dimension

Quoted from goingincirclez:

... or if you don't have any balls locked, the drop targets actually score / reset as drop targets for MAX Points or maybe even bonus seeds. Could present some strategy for not locking balls before jumping dimensions, in hopes of getting the EM dimension

I do concede that after thinking about this, the conditional inverted drop logic might be more aggravating to code than you intended for a "quick add". But it would add a ton of nuanced fun. If you get the chance of course.

#17963 1 year ago

Spooky mode with limited/no GI except for a single shot tied to bonus and some dramatic orchestra music

#17964 1 year ago

A multiball adventure would be really awesome and I think everyone wants a wizard mode beyond Love Potion. But if the game is done it’s done, it is a superbly coded game as is and easily one of my favorite all time games.

I would also contribute money via a kickstarter for more content. Vat of Acid would be awesome.

#17965 1 year ago

Remember - Dimensions are not modes. They're just a layer on top of things. They don't generally have a bunch of rules/goals of their own.

There are three types:
Feature - Just fun audio/lighting changes (mostly)
Positive - Increases points somehow (green GI)
Negative - Decreases points, disables items on the playfield (red GI)

#17966 1 year ago

While we’re dreaming…at random, being able to choose what dimension you go to would be cool. There are some dimensions I rarely/never see…as I’m not a very good player and R&M always kicks my a$$.

#17967 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

While we’re dreaming…at random, being able to choose what dimension you go to would be cool. There are some dimensions I rarely/never see…as I’m not a very good player and R&M always kicks my a$$.

Some of the dimensions have a limit on how early they can appear in the random selection (because they're brutal or drastically affect visibility) - but you can turn that off in the settings if you want.

'Dimension Difficulty Restrictions':
desc: 'Dimensions that make gameplay significantly harder will not appear early.'

#17968 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

'Dimension Difficulty Restrictions':
desc: 'Dimensions that make gameplay significantly harder will not appear early.'

I didn’t realize this was in the options! Thanks!!

#17969 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Remember - Dimensions are not modes. They're just a layer on top of things. They don't generally have a bunch of rules/goals of their own.
There are three types:
Feature - Just fun audio/lighting changes (mostly)
Positive - Increases points somehow (green GI)
Negative - Decreases points, disables items on the playfield (red GI)

Using that criteria:
Powerball Dimension (negative dimension)
Deactivate magna-save (if you press the button Rick insults you using call-outs already in the game)
Right Outlane subtracts points
You can exit the dimension by shooting the right orbit (similiar to putting the Gumball back in TZ)
lights twinkle the colors of gumballs (primary colors)
TZ inspired pinball music would be cool, but I'm guessing that is off the table.

Earthshaker Dimension (feature dimension)
low frequency bass and shaker go nuts while you're playing
lights flicker on and off to simulate an earthquake.

#17970 1 year ago

A jackpot dimension?

#17971 1 year ago

Let's go season 6! 9.4.22

#17972 1 year ago

How about some sort of hold the flippers in at start up and get to pick a mode to practice? Like getting to play just the wizard mode on one of the newer stern games.

Quick battles in multi-player games.
Start game..
Player 1 picks the mode..
Each player gets one ball in that mode. That's it. Game over. High score wins.

#17973 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Maybe a dimension with roving seed shots?

Good idea.

#17974 1 year ago

Would it be possible to make a cutting room floor dimension? Meaning all of the crap that never made it into the game but can still be used. Probably not but figured I would ask.

#17975 1 year ago

Eric opened the floodgates, my few dimension ideas:

- "Ball-Search dimension", firing all non-critical solenoids every ~15 seconds or so (not releasing any locked balls) would be entertaining and would work well as a 'negative' dimension... it'd definitely get a laugh out of pinball guys, I would think. My buddies and I refer to a search triggering while you're still playing (due to repeated bricked shots/poor ball control) as the 'ball search of shame' so I'd call it something like "5HAM3".

- I enjoy all of the lighting effect ones, idk how labor intensive programming light shows is but flickering red/orange for a generic "Fire dimension" seems like it'd be memorable. The fire effect on JJP's Hobbit always impressed people when I had that game.

- "Silent movie dimension" would be funny, another one that's **probably** more effort than it's worth, but if you can easily do a B&W filter over the existing screen and play public-domain silent-movie music (and obviously cut all other audio entirely)... even if you can't do the black & white video I think it'd have a jarring effect to have no SFX at all.

#17976 1 year ago

How about a swearing dimension where every callout that has a swear is played?

#17977 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Could we still see this dimension with another name? Perhaps ‘Over the rainb0w’

I also feel like there could be a creative use of the flooblecrank in a dimension…. Maybe every time it’s hit it illuminates a dark (or dim) playfield for 5 seconds before dimming.

#17978 1 year ago

Still not really clear on 'assets'. Aren't seeds assets? Aren't callouts that are made by the people from the show assets? Seems that none of these things are usable or is there some flexibility to that?

Because otherwise, it comes down to a light show and things working or not working or points and that is it and it seems those things have pretty much been covered other than the first suggestion I made to combine them all into one crazy dimension (minus ones you couldn't use).

Since the goal of a dimension is to collect seeds....

A dimension where the flippers play themselves? (ends if ball drains, but you don't lose your ball)

A dimension so 'nightmarish' the only thing you can do (the goal) is to get back to the garage as quickly as possible, any seeds you get reduce your seed count.

A dimension where there's GI, but a single insert/or something will flash and that's what you have to hit, then it moves somewhere else. (essentially moving seed)

#17979 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Still not really clear on 'assets'. Aren't seeds assets? Aren't callouts that are made by the people from the show assets? Seems that none of these things are usable or is there some flexibility to that?
Because otherwise, it comes down to a light show and things working or not working or points and that is it and it seems those things have pretty much been covered other than the first suggestion I made to combine them all into one crazy dimension (minus ones you couldn't use).
A dimension where the flippers play themselves? (ends if ball drains, but you don't lose your ball)
A dimension so 'nightmarish' the only thing you can do (the goal) is to get back to the garage as quickly as possible.
A dimension where there's GI, but a single insert/or something will flash and that's what you have to hit, then it moves somewhere else.

I don’t think it’s literal assets (like seeds). I think it means assets not previously used, or used in a different way.

#17980 1 year ago

Some Ideas V1.0:

Retro Arcade Dimension:
- All sounds are based on generic Solid State pinball sounds like in late 70's/early 80's Pins (Think generic Firepower pinball, Defender arcade like sounds)

Vampire Dimension:
- The game goes dark and you need to score (suck blood) as many points (red shots) before the GI (sun) comes back on gradually

Classic Horror Movie Dimension
- Use Public domain sounds (screams, grunts, etc.) from classic movies that are in the public domain

Hawkins Dimension:
- All sounds/callouts are synthesized with robot/electronic voice like Steven Hawkins computer voice

Pie Dimension
- All pop bumper (circle), Family standups (circle) shots are multiplied by 3.14159265359...
- Square Targets are Square the score. Make all Circle and Targets and get (3.14 * X target values)^2. Repeat each time for a seed.

Gawdzilla Dimension
- Charlie records his best "Gawdzilla" impression(s), Green GI and Atomic Blue color Led shots get 1954 points added for each shot

#17981 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Some Ideas V1.0:
Retro Arcade Dimension:
- All sounds are based on generic Solid State pinball sounds like in late 70's/early 80's Pins (Think generic Firepower pinball, Defender arcade like sounds)
Vampire Dimension:
- The game goes dark and you need to score (suck blood) as many points (red shots) before the GI (sun) comes back on gradually
- Use Public domain sounds (screams, grunts, etc.) from classic movies that are in the public domain
Hawkins Dimension:
- All sounds/callouts are synthesized with robot/electronic voice like Steven Hawkins computer voice
Pie and Square Dimension
- All pop bumper (circle), Family standups (circle) shots are multiplied by 3.14159265359...
Squared dimension
- All square/rectangle target points are to the power of 2

Gawdzilla Dimension
- Charlie records his best "Gawdzilla" impression(s), Green GI and Atomic Blue color Led shots get 1954 points added for each shot

#17982 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Some Ideas V1.0:
Retro Arcade Dimension:
Vampire Dimension:
Hawkins Dimension:
Pie and Square Dimension
Squared dimension
Gawdzilla Dimension

#17983 1 year ago

Curse Dimension

Every target, sling, pop hit shouts out random swear words. Only an option when swearing option turned up to 100%.

#17984 1 year ago

We need a dimension where the Roy narrator sarcastically quotes IP law the entire time.

#17985 1 year ago

Mine sweeper dimension: where the playfield is dark, but when you hit a target it lights the playfield for a radius around the target and you have to find the megaseed shots that way.

#17986 1 year ago

Is there a knocker dimension where the knocker fires randomly or when you hit a shot?

#17987 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Any new audio or video/display stuff that isn’t already cleared.

#17988 1 year ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

How about a swearing dimension where every callout that has a swear is played?

Quoted from johnnyutah:

Curse Dimension
Every target, sling, pop hit shouts out random swear words. Only an option when swearing option turned up to 100%.

Ok, this one is on the list. Will definitely only happen if the option is on full.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is there a knocker dimension where the knocker fires randomly or when you hit a shot?

Not yet.

Second Idea from my side: A dimension where every hit to the poopy target awards a megaseed for the duration. Or maybe more than one target.

#17989 1 year ago

Glad to see this thread alive again.

My job here is complete!

While Adventures would be the real win, I’ll take some more dimensions. Hell, there’s still quite a few current ones I haven’t traveled to yet.

I guess there will be no soul bonding while snapping my fingers to done snake jazz…

#17990 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Any new audio or video/display stuff that isn’t already cleared.

Are there any assets that were cleared but never made it into the game?

#17991 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Retro Arcade Dimension:

Good idea, otherwise EM sounds would be fun + seems fairly easy to implement.

#17992 1 year ago

edit: double post, sry

#17993 1 year ago

I mean, I'd love a ripple light show dimension. white gi but hitting any shot ripples color left and right from there ... IE, crank sends lights to right drop and right ramp. Feature dimension, obviously.

Would be nice to have a "jackpot" positive dimension that doubles the available megaseeds? Tier 2 scoring dimension?

Negative would have to be a pinside dimension that weakens the flippers. Too soon? But seriously a dimension that has 1/2 the normal number of megaseeds would be a good negative, but it kept the portal gun charged for quick escape.

A meeseeks dimension that spawns additional meeseeks every x seconds without hitting the target while in the dimension would be a neat positive. Shouldn't need any additional assets

#17994 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A jackpot dimension?

A Twist on straight up jackpots: Dimension where switch hits raise the main multiball jackpot value like ball fondling normally does.

#17995 1 year ago

What about a dimension like AFM strobe multiball? Have the Lock ball area only strobe and the rest is completely dark?

#17996 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What about a dimension like AFM strobe multiball? Have the Lock ball area only strobe and the rest is completely dark?

There's already a strobe dimension that flashes all the GI

#17997 1 year ago

V2.0

Purple Haze:
-Left Rick target is Red and Morty is Blue. Hit both and each time results in Psychedelic light show and Purple Scoop shot for increased 1969 points each time and a seed.

Lites Out!
-Every shot to a target/orbit, ramp with LeD turns it off and more lights off = more bonus. Repeat shots on Off lights turns it back on. Turn all off for a seed.

Triple Power Ball!
-Magnet captured balls that trigger right in lane switch gain 1X score power. Do it again and 2X, 3X and then gain a seed each time and the X multipler on switch shots.

#17998 1 year ago

R3V3RS3D - all audio /music played backwards. Lights rather than starting soft and going brighter, pulse starting bright and fading (1-2 sec fade). Possibly even flippers are up when buttons not pressed, flippers down when pressed

B3LCH - Every target hit plays Rick belches

#17999 1 year ago

Epthegeek, would you need clearance for addition of vocals not associated with the game such as your own voice stating things not related to R&M characters? Would addition of public domain music/ vocals, i.e. the Whilhelm scream, be in the clear since not related to R&M?

#18000 1 year ago

Reversed flipper dimension?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 28.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 20,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/360 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.