(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 405.
#17851 1 year ago

Finished my MRS install today… Such a great upgrade to RaM, as I no longer miss any orbit switches and the whole machine is just smoother. They are expensive compared to a standard switch, but reasonable when compared to all the mods people add to RaM that add nothing to the gameplay. (No shade… I have about 90% of the available mods in my RaM, too!)

Awesome service from @sonic, buy with confidence!

76EE076E-CD61-4513-85DF-E8115715DD47 (resized).jpeg76EE076E-CD61-4513-85DF-E8115715DD47 (resized).jpeg80F4D1CF-9F01-44D8-A1E8-33D40AB8465E (resized).jpeg80F4D1CF-9F01-44D8-A1E8-33D40AB8465E (resized).jpeg
#17852 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Finished my MRS install today… Such a great upgrade to RaM, as I no longer miss any orbit switches and the whole machine is just smoother. They are expensive compared to a standard switch, but reasonable when compared to all the mods people add to RaM that add nothing to the gameplay. (No shade… I have about 90% of the available mods in my RaM, too!)
Awesome service from Sonic, buy with confidence![quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, how much are RaMs and where you get them from? Thanks

#17853 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Awesome, how much are RaMs and where you get them from? Thanks

$35 per +shipping. Reach out to @sonic.

Here is the catalog thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mampm-creations-mrs-catalog

Very good product, and a great supplier.

#17854 1 year ago

Those right hand lanes are going to be problematic with that magna-save …. ask me how I know

#17855 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Those right hand lanes are going to be problematic with that magna-save …. ask me how I know

Mine was, but Matt reworked the sensitivity for me and it’s good now. Doesn’t miss a ball, but doesn’t trigger on the magnasave or flipper.

#17856 1 year ago

Mine was, but Matt reworked the sensitivity for me and it’s good now.

Nice - I’ll have to ask him about that.

#17857 1 year ago

This reminds me! Our game had a finnicky Flooble Crank captive ball rollover that would only trigger sporadically even after trying a bunch of switch adjustments. We just replaced the rollover with a MRS on Friday and works like a champ. Great product and friendly service.

#17858 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yep...resolved...it was hit or miss on some R&Ms...since it's a captive lane we simply de-sensed the inlane from 6mm to 4 and that was the solution going forward...

Matt

#17859 1 year ago

I made it to stage 2 of Rick Potion 9 last night. I never get sick of playing this game.

1FBF475B-2ADE-4627-BC81-DDC1BC005ADA (resized).jpeg1FBF475B-2ADE-4627-BC81-DDC1BC005ADA (resized).jpeg
#17860 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Yep...resolved...it was hit or miss on some R&Ms...since it's a captive lane we simply de-sensed the inlane from 6mm to 4 and that was the solution going forward...
Matt

Put me down for one of those “de-sensitized” switches, please.

#17861 1 year ago

as I no longer miss any orbit switches and the whole machine is just smoother

Replacing the orbit switches I can understand …

But why the inlane switches?

The reason the orbit switches sometimes don’t register is because the lanes are a tad wide and the ball can miss running over the centre of the switch, resulting in no switch closure.

No such issue at the inlanes. If the stock switch is adjusted correctly it should register 100% of the time.

rd

#17862 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The reason the orbit switches sometimes don’t register is because the lanes are a tad wide and the ball can miss running over the centre of the switch, resulting in no switch closure.
No such issue at the inlanes. If the stock switch is adjusted correctly it should register 100% of the time.
rd

Exactly!

who the hell am I to say though? to each their own I spose.

#17863 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Agree, not sure the benefit, but it does look neater I suppose. I went the set of 4, left orbit and 3 on the right. Made a huge difference for me.

#17864 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I like the smooth flow of the ball when it comes from the lifter, so The MRS on the left inlane was the one I needed. I just did the rest of the in/out lanes for a consistent look. You’re correct that the orbits are the bigger improvement, by far.

#17865 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I made it to stage 2 of Rick Potion 9 last night. I never get sick of playing this game.
[quoted image]

Stage 2 ? what is it ? there are several stages in the final?
because after succeeded Rick Potion 9 , the game started again from the beginning, never seen what you say

#17866 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Stage 2 ? what is it ? there are several stages in the final?
because after succeeded Rick Potion 9 , the game started again from the beginning, never seen what you say

Maybe “stage” isn’t the correct term, but I made it through the first set of colored shots. I think they were purple? Then I almost made it through the yellow set. It was only the second time I’ve played Rick No 9 so I still don’t quite know how the mode works.

#17867 1 year ago

RMS switches every where!!! Only way to play this game!!! Adds speed to the inlanes, speed is always good in pinball, keeps the reflexes sharp!!!

#17868 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

RMS switches every where!!! Only way to play this game!!! Adds speed to the inlanes, speed is always good in pinball, keeps the reflexes sharp!!!

I totally agree - pinball should be fast. Except if you own HW/UM in which case extra slow inlanes are the norm

#17869 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

How many switches would be everywhere? Thinking about getting this game. Can someone point me to a few must have mods and dialing in needs?

#17870 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

How many switches would be everywhere? Thinking about getting this game. Can someone point me to a few must have mods and dialing in needs?

10 for all switches, 8 if you omit the shooter lane and Flooble Crank (captive ball), 4 if you omit the shooter lane, Flooble Crank and in/out lanes.

I opted for 8 for RaM and would do the same if I was doing it again. For UM, I’ve ordered two for the orbit switches, but won’t be doing any others, as I don’t think they’d add value.

If you’re looking for where to start, do the 4 switches in the loop/orbit for RaM.

#17871 1 year ago

Any instructions to install the rms switches? I have four just didn’t install yet.

#17872 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Any instructions to install the rms switches? I have four just didn’t install yet.

I found this works well:
1) pull existing switch.
2) place blue painters tape over mounting area, use a pen to poke holes where the screw holes are.
3) stick the MRS in the slot and trace the edge of the mounting pad on the painters tape.
4) pull the MRS and painters tape, stick the tape to the bottom of the mounting pad, lining up your traced outline.
5) drill one mounting hole, using the holes in the tape as your guide.
6) mount, wire, heat shrink…. Test in switch test.

#17873 1 year ago

10 for all switches, 8 if you omit the shooter lane and Flooble Crank (captive ball), 4 if you omit the shooter lane, Flooble Crank and in/out lanes.
I opted for 8 for RaM and would do the same if I was doing it again. For UM, I’ve ordered two for the orbit switches, but won’t be doing any others, as I don’t think they’d add value.
If you’re looking for where to start, do the 4 switches in the loop/orbit for RaM.

Thank you!

#17874 1 year ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Check the "Key Posts" - many good things to look through

#17875 1 year ago

I just noticed the light show when successfully completing the Anatomy Park mode the giant floating dead guy explodes. Very cool! I've had this pin for well over a year, and never noticed it before (maybe I'm not that good to have completed it many times).

#17876 1 year ago

Just joined the club on a trade. Had it for a few days. My first impression is that I absolutely love how this shoots. It’s definitely tough but the shots are makeable and incredibly satisfying.

#17877 1 year ago

Is anyone selling a scoop protector? Cliffy's has drop, shooter and outlane protectors but not a scoop and I'm getting some damage there.....

#17878 1 year ago

Anyone know where to buy the side blades installed on this guys machine?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138833

#17879 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know where to buy the side blades installed on this guys machine?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138833

B36A0235-C5C3-428E-9232-0DC0A86726BB (resized).pngB36A0235-C5C3-428E-9232-0DC0A86726BB (resized).png
#17881 1 year ago

Thanks guys I’m def buying these. Never liked the boring stock ones.

#17882 1 year ago

For those wondering if Stern sized mirror blades will fit in Rick & Morty, the answer is yes they absolutely fit. The screws all line up, everything fits perfectly. Just tested that this weekend, I ended up not actually installing them as I ran out of time. But will post pictures when I do.

#17883 1 year ago

Oh, I haven't seen those. Those are great. My stock ones are wrecked from all the up and down in the past.

#17884 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Oh, I haven't seen those. Those are great. My stock ones are wrecked from all the up and down in the past.

You need the pinballlife.com blade protectors. I use them on all my machines every time I lift the field. All my blades are still perfect…well, since getting them.

#17885 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I just noticed the light show when successfully completing the Anatomy Park mode the giant floating dead guy explodes. Very cool! I've had this pin for well over a year, and never noticed it before (maybe I'm not that good to have completed it many times).

I've never completed that mode.

#17886 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just joined the club on a trade. Had it for a few days. My first impression is that I absolutely love how this shoots. It’s definitely tough but the shots are makeable and incredibly satisfying.

freaks-one-of-us.giffreaks-one-of-us.gif
#17887 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Is anyone selling a scoop protector? Cliffy's has drop, shooter and outlane protectors but not a scoop and I'm getting some damage there.....

I don't believe Cliffy makes one for the center scoop, he said since it has that beveled edge that he need to actually have it in his possession to make one....

#17888 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I don't believe Cliffy makes one for the center scoop, he said since it has that beveled edge that he need to actually have it in his possession to make one....

Yep, confirmed. I've spoken with him. Wondering if anyone else has found a separate solution.

#17889 1 year ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Yep, confirmed. I've spoken with him. Wondering if anyone else has found a separate solution.

I’ve never seen anyone need a solution so far.
My scoop is rock solid

#17890 1 year ago

The scoop has a Mantis Amusement style protector built in with its design, it shouldn't need a Cliffy style as well.

#17891 1 year ago

Just double checked my scoop and no issues here either

#17892 1 year ago

Anyone else experiencing the “FALSE DRAIN “ issue? Yes I inspected absolutely every wire /switch in the entire game 10x, finally got AJ at Spooky to agree to send out a new PC board!! It has been the absolute most frustrating problem I have ever had with a pinball machine. Halloween is 4-days old and it has quirks also.

#17893 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Anyone else experiencing the “FALSE DRAIN “ issue? Yes I inspected absolutely every wire /switch in the entire game 10x, finally got AJ at Spooky to agree to send out a new PC board!! It has been the absolute most frustrating problem I have ever had with a pinball machine. Halloween is 4-days old and it has quirks also.

My ball trough switch bodies were screwed down so tight that it caused them to occasionally stick closed, causing weird issues with drains. Backed the screws off a bit to free up the acuators and hasn't been an issue since.

#17894 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

The scoop has a Mantis Amusement style protector built in with its design, it shouldn't need a Cliffy style as well.

Agree, but some people install washers under the playfield to move the scoop down to avoid rejects. I think damage is easier if modded that way...

I left everything original and accept rejects as normal behavior for not good enough shots. I also installed some mylar in front of the scope just to be sure...

1 week later
#17895 1 year ago

This may be a silly question, but I can't seem to find the answer for it. How does Pickle Rick mode get qualified? Is it just totally random ie, it qualifies itself randomly after hitting both ramps? So you hit both ramps, then either start an adventure at the scoop or if the inserts light up - Pickle Rick at the garage?

#17896 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This may be a silly question, but I can't seem to find the answer for it. How does Pickle Rick mode get qualified? Is it just totally random ie, it qualifies itself randomly after hitting both ramps? So you hit both ramps, then either start an adventure at the scoop or if the inserts light up - Pickle Rick at the garage?

It's just like all the adventure modes (random)...the only difference is you activate the mode via the garage shot (since Pickle Rick is born in the garage.

#17897 1 year ago

And also it can never be the first adventure.

#17898 1 year ago

Had a game reset last night...(latest code)....was playing a 2 player game with a friend...I was having an amazing ball...in Life of Roy, went to a bunch of dimensions...then the game reset. I haven't seen a reset in forever, and I didn't see it again later, but I also never played a great game after that happened.

#17899 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Had a game reset last night...(latest code)....was playing a 2 player game with a friend...I was having an amazing ball...in Life of Roy, went to a bunch of dimensions...then the game reset. I haven't seen a reset in forever, and I didn't see it again later, but I also never played a great game after that happened.

Did you get the log file dump?

#17900 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Did you get the log file dump?

I did not. haven't had a reset in forever so didn't have a USB drive in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/358?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.