(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 405.
#17751 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, I use to have it in the entry of my home, but my wife was unhappy with that decision. Now it's in my "office". Can't see the entire cabinet, but the left side is exposed/stunning (color depth, gloss, etc.). With many Stern LE's selling for stupid $$, the R&M butters will get respect one of these days! From my perspective, the <200 Rick and Morty butters are worth 15k in today's market. Mine will never be sold, so it doesn't really matter I guess.
[quoted image]

Neat! Is that what the sides look like? I haven't seen mine since the day I unboxed it and crammed it in the row.

Anyone else got Rick and Morty pics? Is it hiding or on full display?

IMG_1700.JPGIMG_1700.JPG
#17752 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

From my perspective, R&M already has a wizard mode. Every game I've owned has defined "wizard mode" differently. TRON, one of my favorite games happens to have a lousy wizard mode..."Portal Multiball" is just a generic multi ball. LOTR has several wizard modes...the ultimate WZ "Valinor" I've never reached.

I get it. R&M just has so much fabulous code in it, with superb modes…having one hard to obtain wizard mode would be spectacular. Really, having one mode that was a multiball would also be awesome.

I get though, Spooky has moved on and is focused on what is on the line. Can’t blame them and R&M is awesome as it sits.

#17753 1 year ago

If they'd be willing to make a plain black cabinet for lower price I'd be in. Most people don't have them spread out all over, they have them packed together to fit more in.

#17754 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If they'd be willing to make a plain black cabinet for lower price I'd be in. Most people don't have them spread out all over, they have them packed together to fit more in.

No one does that. What are you talking about?

#17755 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

No one does that. What are you talking about?

Clearly you don't know what I'm talking about, since 2 posts above points to exactly what I'm talking about... (someone snuck a post in the same time I did).

EDIT: Or maybe it went over my head

#17756 1 year ago

Just joined the club. What playfield angle is recommended for this game? I have it at 7.6 and it still feels extremely floaty to me.

#17757 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Just joined the club. What playfield angle is recommended for this game? I have it at 7.6 and it still feels extremely floaty to me.

lol, not a chance this guy's floaty at 7.6. If you read key posts, I believe its in there for sure.

Is from Scott D.

I personally just have it where it totally feels right, I don't even know the pitch on mine

#17758 1 year ago

It is interesting on the 25%, because you hardly see a butter cabinet come up for sale. But you may be right that those that bought with butter do not really sell it =)

Rick and Morty is an amazing machine!

#17759 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

lol, not a chance this guy's floaty at 7.6. If you read key posts, I believe its in there for sure.

Is from Scott D.
I personally just have it where it totally feels right, I don't even know the pitch on mine

Ill drop it down to 7 and see how it feels. I guess im just not used to a skipass with an up nudge bouncing over to the opposite sling and the bounces off the inline rubber just feels wrong to me with how high up the playfield they go.

#17760 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I get it. R&M just has so much fabulous code in it, with superb modes…having one hard to obtain wizard mode would be spectacular. Really, having one mode that was a multiball would also be awesome.
I get though, Spooky has moved on and is focused on what is on the line. Can’t blame them and R&M is awesome as it sits.

It is great as it stands but it does feel as if code development just stopped prematurely, which is a shame as it wouldn't have taken much to elevate the game to legendary status.

I don't really get starting the card starting at three adventures as it feels like a compensation, as starting at zero makes more sense?

Anyway sounds like it was more difficult to get things approved as time went on.

#17761 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Clearly you don't know what I'm talking about, since 2 posts above points to exactly what I'm talking about... (someone snuck a post in the same time I did).
EDIT: Or maybe it went over my head

Sailed clean over.

#17762 1 year ago

I literally have just enough room between the heads to allow gentle nudging without contact.

#17763 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It is great as it stands but it does feel as if code development just stopped prematurely, which is a shame as it wouldn't have taken much to elevate the game to legendary status.
I don't really get starting the card starting at three adventures as it feels like a compensation, as starting at zero makes more sense?
Anyway sounds like it was more difficult to get things approved as time went on.

You do understand that the card stamps you start with are adjustable in the menu and a lot of us have set it at zero as you stated "would make sense", right? They just defaulted it at 3 to start to make Love Potion #9 a little easier to reach for new players.

#17764 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I literally have just enough room between the heads to allow gentle nudging without contact.

I have room for 7 machines with a couple inches in between each machine but I keep my main line up on that wall to 6 because…. well, sometimes you need to shove the living shit out a machine to save a drain.

Perfect space…
04B0D0BD-E5FB-4AB2-BC33-321FB043312F (resized).png04B0D0BD-E5FB-4AB2-BC33-321FB043312F (resized).png

Too many…
1A628972-C958-44D0-AE91-0EDEA8EA7A3C (resized).png1A628972-C958-44D0-AE91-0EDEA8EA7A3C (resized).png

#17765 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

You do understand that the card stamps you start with are adjustable in the menu and a lot of us have set it at zero as you stated "would make sense", right? They just defaulted it at 3 to start to make Love Potion #9 a little easier to reach for new players.

Exactly.

It's been defaulted to 3.

I know it's wishful thinking, but start at zero, play Love Potion at 5 adventures and after 10, brand new wizard mode.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome game as it stands, but I do believe it could be better, but realise the ship has probably sailed.

#17766 1 year ago

Can someone make a mod similar to Simpsons, where we can install episodes of the shows?

#17767 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Floaty... one thing I never experience on this game.
It it gets floaty, the pop bumper will just slam it down my throat.

#17768 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I was thinking the same thing. If it has a playfield protector, take it off and wax/use the intended surface!

#17769 1 year ago

they should've added and integrated a stromboscope mode like the attack from mars but only for the potion #9

#17770 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, I use to have it in the entry of my home, but my wife was unhappy with that decision. Now it's in my "office". Can't see the entire cabinet, but the left side is exposed/stunning (color depth, gloss, etc.). With many Stern LE's selling for stupid $$, the R&M butters will get respect one of these days! From my perspective, the <200 Rick and Morty butters are worth 15k in today's market. Mine will never be sold, so it doesn't really matter I guess.
[quoted image]

Tron widebody! I know it's just the camera/angle but it definitely looks wiiiide

#17771 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Have you installed the flipper bushing fix? If not, I could see a incorrectly leveled flipper creating a 'floaty' feeling off the flippers. (Spooky had replacement bushings; search this thread for additional info).

#17772 1 year ago

We are focused on the use of IP for new episodes, modes, wizard modes etc.. However, one brilliant feature of this game are the dimensions. This, and ball lock awards, are a way Spooky could add content to the game without relying on additional cost related to the IP (it's still their staff and coding time. We spend this freely muahhaahaha). A wizard mode connected to the dimensions would be legit, imho, assuming additional IP cant be procured.

#17773 1 year ago

Anything that gets added to the game has to be approved by the license owners, even if it's not directly their IP.

#17774 1 year ago

Just installed the upgraded ips lcd screen and the screen images looked scrambled. Everything appears hooked up correctly, any insight

#17775 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Just installed the upgraded ips lcd screen and the screen images looked scrambled. Everything appears hooked up correctly, any insight

Start with pulling and reseating each cable, particularly the flat cable from the screen to the controller.

#17776 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Start with pulling and reseating each cable, particularly the flat cable from the screen to the controller.

Tried that nothing

#17777 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Tried that nothing

Mine did this. I had to get a new controller

NO, wait, a new screen, I tried the controller and it was the same. Contact your supplier

#17778 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Have you installed the flipper bushing fix? If not, I could see a incorrectly leveled flipper creating a 'floaty' feeling off the flippers. (Spooky had replacement bushings; search this thread for additional info).

I have never had a floaty feeling on R&M.

I did install the Ninjacamp X-Spacers for the flippers which are outstanding I might add..

#17779 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I have never had a floaty feeling on R&M.
I did install the Ninjacamp X-Spacers for the flippers which are outstanding I might add..

i haven't either, but he described a floating feeling on his RAM. The flippers are the only thing I can see causing this (or maybe a really misleveled machine). The game is not floaty, if anything, the opposite.

#17780 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

i haven't either, but he described a floating feeling on his RAM. The flippers are the only thing I can see causing this (or maybe a really misleveled machine). The game is not floaty, if anything, the opposite.

Wait... I know that floaty feeling...
It's when I bang the F*&ing ball all around that packed playfield and don't hit a damn thing!

#17781 1 year ago

Finally in the club. Traded a Batman 66 catwoman for it plus cash to me. Four way trade. Guy with this is getting a Godzilla prem and the guy with the Godzilla is getting a black night SOR le.

072C5098-0D99-4DDE-81AF-84DE63B33564 (resized).jpeg072C5098-0D99-4DDE-81AF-84DE63B33564 (resized).jpeg
#17782 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Finally in the club. Traded a Batman 66 catwoman for it plus cash to me. Four way trade. Guy with this is getting a Godzilla prem and the guy with the Godzilla is getting a black night SOR le.

You came out on top of that deal.

#17783 1 year ago

#703 is now public and free to play! If you're in Orange County, feel free to drop by and play her. (It's in a little coffee shop/arcade called Chiptune Coffee)

#17784 1 year ago

Can someone post a pic of the wires going into the topper coil that rotates the disk? One of mine needs soldered back on after a move and want to make sure it’s correct.

#17785 1 year ago

2 Orange wires on top tab and single grey on the lower tab.

#17786 1 year ago

Got my mods from Pinbalt the other day and installed them tonight. I had to relocate squanchy to a different spot though.

I think it looks much better here than on the pop bumper so, it’s all good.

Also finally threw on the meeseeks I had for the last year and my ramp airball protector to.

Scary Terry looks awesome! So does squanchy.

Now I just have to figure out if I want to keep my game! Again.

C1260AB7-1966-4582-9B7A-991098A033EE (resized).jpegC1260AB7-1966-4582-9B7A-991098A033EE (resized).jpeg15CFD66E-BA78-4B90-A842-80A1F49C85C8 (resized).jpeg15CFD66E-BA78-4B90-A842-80A1F49C85C8 (resized).jpegB8A3105E-6059-416A-BDBC-27BC0D8A1C36 (resized).jpegB8A3105E-6059-416A-BDBC-27BC0D8A1C36 (resized).jpeg13710A46-E0BD-4490-97D4-74B0203E4584 (resized).jpeg13710A46-E0BD-4490-97D4-74B0203E4584 (resized).jpeg3DEF0C88-F010-42D9-A25A-0C92D24DE25E (resized).jpeg3DEF0C88-F010-42D9-A25A-0C92D24DE25E (resized).jpeg
#17787 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Got my mods from Pinbalt the other day and installed them tonight. I had to relocate squanchy to a different spot though.
I think it looks much better here than on the pop bumper so, it’s all good.
Also finally threw on the meeseeks I had for the last year and my ramp airball protector to.
Scary Terry looks awesome! So does squanchy.
Now I just have to figure out if I want to keep my game! Again.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sure sounds like a solicitation... added all these nice mods, just don't know if I should keep it. Well? What does the pinside universe say? My vote: play, play, play and enjoy every unforgiving shot she has to dole out!

#17788 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Sure sounds like a solicitation... added all these nice mods, just don't know if I should keep it. Well? What does the pinside universe say? My vote: play, play, play and enjoy every unforgiving shot she has to dole out!

I love her but she can be a mean bitch.

Its a love hate relationship with her…

#17789 1 year ago

Anyone have major issues with Rick and Morty? Friend of mine got the new Halloween and said it was nothing but problems and kept breaking and shutting down mid game. Spooky just kept saying they were a small family business and didn't give much help so he said. Got me nervous about getting my rick and Morty pin.

#17790 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Anyone have major issues with Rick and Morty? Friend of mine got the new Halloween and said it was nothing but problems and kept breaking and shutting down mid game. Spooky just kept saying they were a small family business and didn't give much help so he said. Got me nervous about getting my rick and Morty pin.

This thread is pretty much the entire history of R&M issues. I would say people in the beginning had to spend time dialing things in, tweaking shots, etc... The code updates made it better and better. Eventually it gets to a great place. I have never had to mess with a new game as much as I have with R&M. That being said, these days it's dialed in, people that come over always play it non-stop and think it's hilarious. You should just go through all the key posts, and tweak what you want. Make sure you are on the latest code. I wouldn't compare it to Halloween personally, different boards, different designer, different coder, etc...

#17791 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I call BS with what your friend said. Spooky has NEVER not helped and always make their machines right. So for him to say they are a small family business and not help, well... I don't buy that for a second.

I have both R&M and Halloween and have had zero problems with each (other than the typical tweaking for R&M initially), and both are great games. I had ACNC as well and has an issue with it at one point (outside of warranty) and Spooky jumped in and fixed it for free anyway.

Nothing for you to worry about except the line of BS that your friend fed you.

#17792 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I call BS with what your friend said. Spooky has NEVER not helped and always make their machines right. So for him to say they are a small family business and not help, well... I don't buy that for a second.
I have both R&M and Halloween and have had zero problems with each (other than the typical tweaking for R&M initially), and both are great games. I had ACNC as well and has an issue with it at one point (outside of warranty) and Spooky jumped in and fixed it for free anyway.
Nothing for you to worry about except the line of BS that your friend fed you.

I have to agree with Calfdemon besides owning HW, RAM, I also have ACNC and any questions/issues I brought to Spooky were addressed 100% and with urgency. Spooky has earned my trust and business with great games and service.

#17793 1 year ago

Breaking him into pinball slowly.

Chris Clover Rick Morty (resized).jpgChris Clover Rick Morty (resized).jpg
#17794 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I had my Rick and Morty for 18 months and put about 3,000 games on it including taking it to Pinfest for 3 non-stop days of play. The game itself was rock solid. The only issue I had was one of the springs on a drop target broke and it was hard to get a replacement dialed in just right. It crashed one time when I got over 35 mega-seeds on a fluke.

#17795 1 year ago

Okay that’s good to hear

#17796 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Breaking him into pinball slowly. [quoted image]

If he can tolerate R&M, he can do ANY pinball.
If he starts quoting Rick you’re gonna be in trouble.
“Hey hey little Morty!”

#17797 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Breaking him into pinball slowly.

D8D69DFB-B5DA-4CBC-9B50-22A404FE7AE5 (resized).jpegD8D69DFB-B5DA-4CBC-9B50-22A404FE7AE5 (resized).jpeg

#17798 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Breaking him into pinball slowly. [quoted image]

That’s one patient bird to help the human adapt
to pinball.

#17799 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I had my Rick and Morty for 18 months and put about 3,000 games on it including taking it to Pinfest for 3 non-stop days of play. The game itself was rock solid. The only issue I had was one of the springs on a drop target broke and it was hard to get a replacement dialed in just right. It crashed one time when I got over 35 mega-seeds on a fluke

Did you install fans on the flipper coils? and did you get broken plastics after 3000 games? the ball speed is just crazy

#17800 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Did you install fans on the flipper coils? and did you get broken plastics after 3000 games ? the ball speed is just crazy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,999 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/356?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.