(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 405.
#17651 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Excellent product. I agree removing the speaker mesh. Helps it pop!
[quoted image]

I installed the speaker acrylics and removed the mesh too. Easy installation, even with the magnetic speaker panel cover. The photos don't do these justice. The close up pics were taken using a flash which washes out the color a bit. Even with most of the "portals" covered on mine, I think that they look great. Highly recommend these!

IMG_4227 (resized).jpgIMG_4227 (resized).jpgIMG_4228 (resized).jpgIMG_4228 (resized).jpgIMG_4229 (resized).jpgIMG_4229 (resized).jpgIMG_4230 (resized).jpgIMG_4230 (resized).jpg
#17652 1 year ago

Has anyone gone with the Portal translight from Retro Refurbs?

rick-morty-portal-alternate-pinball-translite-alternative-flipper-backglass-spooky. (resized).jpgrick-morty-portal-alternate-pinball-translite-alternative-flipper-backglass-spooky. (resized).jpg
#17653 1 year ago

Who made this...

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 12.44.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-12 at 12.44.08 PM (resized).png
#17654 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Who made this...
[quoted image]

xfassa

It's a great mod.

#17655 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:I installed the speaker acrylics and removed the mesh too. Easy installation, even with the magnetic speaker panel cover. The photos don't do these justice. The close up pics were taken using a flash which washes out the color a bit. Even with most of the "portals" covered on mine, I think that they look great. Highly recommend these![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OMG where are these from and also which art blades do you have?! Awesome!

#17656 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

OMG where are these from and also which art blades do you have?! Awesome!

PM sent

#17657 1 year ago

You know, when you cover your speakers, they don't function nearly as well.

#17658 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Who made this...

I made another batch of the Blue Crystal Mod a few weeks ago. There are 4 left if anyone is interested in purchasing for $55 (inludes shipping within US). If interested, just send me a PM for details. Thanks to all the supporters of this mod.

Note: I do not make the speaker mod, I sell the Blue Crystal Mod. Sorry for the confusion.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17659 1 year ago

Another necessary RM mod.

F9C623CA-A25E-4B0E-B514-1B88366A9FA8 (resized).jpegF9C623CA-A25E-4B0E-B514-1B88366A9FA8 (resized).jpeg
#17660 1 year ago

Speaker acrylics are on point. Pics shown have one acrylic in and one out for comparison. Also shown in pics left speaker mesh removed right speaker still in. Tip for anyone installing these when removing left speaker make sure to put something under speaker panel so when the support cable is removed it does slam down onto your machine.

20220512_173122 (resized).jpg20220512_173122 (resized).jpg20220512_180325 (resized).jpg20220512_180325 (resized).jpg20220512_185910 (resized).jpg20220512_185910 (resized).jpg20220512_185914 (resized).jpg20220512_185914 (resized).jpg
#17661 1 year ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Speaker acrylics are on point. Pics shown have one acrylic in and one out for comparison. Also shown in pics left speaker mesh removed right speaker still in. Tip for anyone installing these when removing left speaker make sure to put something under speaker panel so when the support cable is removed it does slam down onto your machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those really do look great. I would love to see a set of clear ones mocked up the same. Then i'd be satisfied! lol

#17662 1 year ago

Who makes the acrylic speaker covers?

#17663 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That would be brassdoorworkshop and myself that make the acrylic speaker covers. The flourescent ones can be purchased on our site below.

https://www.brassdoorworkshop.com/product/rick-and-morty-pinball-speaker-kit/4?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

#17664 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

sheahan2 does.

So, the best (cosmetic) mods are the ones that make you wonder how the OEM never thought of it. Or why you yourself never thought of it. And is a low-cost, low-key, low stress part that makes an almost inversely proportional improvement...

...This is, absolutely, one of those "best mods". No question. Possibly the best one offered to date for this game IMO.

It has an "OEM" look, and I honestly have to think these are probably cheaper than the metal ones. They're priced almost as a steal for mods these days because WOW do they ever fit the theme and look amazing.... especially with "space black" panels on the "accidental SLE" haha

20220513_212449 (resized).jpg20220513_212449 (resized).jpg

I got mine today after paying Tues am. Go ahead and order - you won't regret it!

#17665 1 year ago

Interesting… you put them on without the original metal covers re-applied. Looks neat

#17666 1 year ago

Shaker and knocker not working. Anyone have any idea? Both hooked up correctly but not getting power. All fuses were tested and ok

#17667 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Interesting… you put them on without the original metal covers re-applied. Looks neat

Yeah, TBH I didn't consider doing it that way initially. I wanted the look of no screen mesh but as I removed it, the screws and the metal portals basically fell out. At that point I decided to just go with the acrylic ones only. Which yields a more flush appearance, and of course the green is more vivid that way... but even keeping the metal ones as a backer looks cool too.

And fair disclosure, tightening the screws (which are actually carriage bolts) & locknuts if using just the acrylics, is a PITA. The metal ones have square holes to hold the shoulders on the bolts so you can tighten the nut. But the acrylics have oversized round holes so, you need the pressure of an iron fist pressing on the bolt head, or needlenose pliers to hold the exposed threaded area(s) as you work the nut down.

#17668 1 year ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

You know how the lockdown bar can get kinda sticky? Mine has been sticky the entire time I've owned it so I've always just beat the one corner down. Yep. One beat too many. Sigh. Freakin glass everywhere! Good news is I'll dismantle the upper part of the playfield to remove glass and start making all the necessary tweaks.[quoted image]

Mine was like that since day 1 and was scared I was going to end up with the same result.
I ended up chiseling out a small section of wood on the upper end of the rail which allows the glass to slide in further and eliminates the force needed on the lockbar.

#17669 1 year ago

Hey Spooky, check your support mailbox please. I’d really like to solve this full volume feedback screeching issue on my R&M. Thanks!

#17670 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Hey Spooky, check your support mailbox please. I’d really like to solve this full volume feedback screeching issue on my R&M. Thanks!

did you try to remove the red/white RCA cable from the amp that connects to the motherboard located in the backbox ? try to clean the connector with sandpaper

#17671 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

did you try to remove the red/white RCA cable from the amp that connects to the motherboard located in the backbox ? try to clean the connector with sandpaper

I did the usual pull and push on all the connectors.

#17672 1 year ago

All remaining blue crystal mods are now sold. If you missed out, I will be making another batch this weekend. If you are interested, please just send me a PM. Thanks to everyone that has supported this project. I have just been overwhelmed by the number of units sold and the positive response. Pinsiders have been great by providing feedback throughout this project. Sincerely, thank you very much. Enjoy!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17673 1 year ago
Quoted from xfassa:

If you are interested, please just send me a PM.

Sent. Very cool of you to keep us up on this offer!

#17674 1 year ago

R&M just doesn't look right without an xfassa Crystal Mod.

#17675 1 year ago

Ok. I just heard A lionman call out in my game. I literally LOL’ed

Also, big thanks to spooky support for fixing my R&M pc. Even a discontinued and no longer available pc didn’t stop them!

#17676 1 year ago

There's a Rick and Morty/Chip n Dale gag in the new Chip n Dale movie on Disney+.

Had zero interest in the movie before I knew The Lonely Island were involved in it. Their prints are all over it, and that's a good thing.

rick-n-morty-chip-n-dale (resized).jpgrick-n-morty-chip-n-dale (resized).jpg
#17677 1 year ago

Might be good for some new mods…

RICK AND MORTY RETURN TO MONDO WITH SERIES 2 FIGURES:
https://nerdist.com/article/rick-and-morty-figures-collectibles-mondo-series-2-meeseeks-big-arm-morty/

#17678 1 year ago

It finally happened… my plastic cracked on which Ricks spaceship is mounted.…
Anybody has a drawing or a scan of this clear base plastic?
My game is on location so this would be very helpful that I can make one at home with a template

#17679 1 year ago

Got my Blue Crystal mod yesterday, What an excellent mod, love the way it stays blue, looks cool AF when in the all green/red dimensions!!! Excellent color printed directions also!!! Highly recommend it !!!!!

#17680 1 year ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

My game is on location so this would be very helpful that I can make one at home with a template

Yeah, tough one. I have two spares on hand plastic and two metal ones toyotaboy was selling ways ways back. Price was right when I was ordering stuff and nice to know they are available in my own spares

#17681 1 year ago

I just ordered this plastic from Spooky, $36. Will leave the cracked one in the game and keep the spare.

106AB2DE-0B1F-4DD8-8FB1-6305B0973835 (resized).jpeg106AB2DE-0B1F-4DD8-8FB1-6305B0973835 (resized).jpeg
#17682 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I just ordered this plastic from Spooky, $36. Will leave the cracked one in the game and keep the spare.
[quoted image]

$15 shipping seems pretty crazy for a bubble envelope item. I've been holding the line at charging $7 as a base shipping charge, but it's getting hard to do. I mean, not "jump to $15" hard, but hard. $15 seems crazy.

#17683 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

There was someone in this thread selling metal ones for cheaper than that I think.

#17684 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

Holy moly! Was that for the clear ship hinge? Or are you talking about the cone that attaches to that under the ship? If just the hinge then those are only $1.95 at PinballLife!

#17685 1 year ago

Big shout out to Matt Sonic and his amazing MRS switches. If you're looking to improve your R&M, give these switches a go.

I thought I had my R&M pretty well sorted. Since purchasing NIB, I've spent countless hours happily tweaking and re-tweaking ball guides, positioning switches, getting everything as perfect as possible, but a few areas always bothered me. Absolutely flushing the orbits would almost always result in a ball hanging up somewhere, resulting in inconsistent ball exits/speeds, making timing really difficult. I somewhat got used to the inconsistency, but anytime someone else played it, I noticed their frustration. Thinking it was likely the switches as others had experienced, I thought I'd give the MRS's a shot and hopefully breathe new life into my R&M

I purchased 4 MRS' from Matt, the left orbit, the outer right and the little S bend. Installation was relatively pain free, though drilling mounting holes in the switch was a little fiddly. A little solder, a little electrical tape, a quick playfield wipe over and 30min later I was done.

Excited to see the difference, I wasn't let down, the difference was immediately noticeable! Orbit shots didn't lose any speed, no hang ups in any of the usual spots. Ball entry speed was consistent with the exit speed making timing much easier. What was already a fast pin, has become considerably faster. But what I found most noticeable was due to the improvement in consistency/timing, a lot of the "clunk" that R&M is notoriously known for vanished. Now it's not Stern Star Trek smooth, but it's definitely a big improvement.

I highly recommend these switches, definitely worth a look if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket. For those on the fence, maybe try removing the 4 switches, or even taping the switches down for a trial to see the improvement.

#17686 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Big shout out to Matt Sonic and his amazing MRS switches. If you're looking to improve your R&M, give these switches a go.
I thought I had my R&M pretty well sorted. Since purchasing NIB, I've spent countless hours happily tweaking and re-tweaking ball guides, positioning switches, getting everything as perfect as possible, but a few areas always bothered me. Absolutely flushing the orbits would almost always result in a ball hanging up somewhere, resulting in inconsistent ball exits/speeds, making timing really difficult. I somewhat got used to the inconsistency, but anytime someone else played it, I noticed their frustration. Thinking it was likely the switches as others had experienced, I thought I'd give the MRS's a shot and hopefully breathe new life into my R&M
I purchased 4 MRS' from Matt, the left orbit, the outer right and the little S bend. Installation was relatively pain free, though drilling mounting holes in the switch was a little fiddly. A little solder, a little electrical tape, a quick playfield wipe over and 30min later I was done.
Excited to see the difference, I wasn't let down, the difference was immediately noticeable! Orbit shots didn't lose any speed, no hang ups in any of the usual spots. Ball entry speed was consistent with the exit speed making timing much easier. What was already a fast pin, has become considerably faster. But what I found most noticeable was due to the improvement in consistency/timing, a lot of the "clunk" that R&M is notoriously known for vanished. Now it's not Stern Star Trek smooth, but it's definitely a big improvement.
I highly recommend these switches, definitely worth a look if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket. For those on the fence, maybe try removing the 4 switches, or even taping the switches down for a trial to see the improvement.

Thanks Chris - appreciate the support....and kind words!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#17687 1 year ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Pinball Life has them I believe. $1.95

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0185-00

#17688 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Holy moly! Was that for the clear ship hinge? Or are you talking about the cone that attaches to that under the ship? If just the hinge then those are only $1.95 at PinballLife!

Not the clear hinge plastic, the large plastic with artwork that covers the entire u-turn area under the ship. The crack bothers me and I wanted a spare in case these are hard to come by in the future.

C529F903-BF12-4FCA-AF48-9B3ADBC44229 (resized).jpegC529F903-BF12-4FCA-AF48-9B3ADBC44229 (resized).jpegF98BD9B6-67B6-4F7C-AC28-EDEE872171ED (resized).jpegF98BD9B6-67B6-4F7C-AC28-EDEE872171ED (resized).jpeg
#17689 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Not the clear hinge plastic, the large plastic with artwork that covers the entire u-turn area under the ship. The crack bothers me and I wanted a spare in case these are hard to come by in the future.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh, that makes much more sense given the price. Thanks for clarifying!

#17690 1 year ago

Is there a list of the different dimensions?
What is the purpose of the dimensions? Collecting megaseeds...

#17691 1 year ago

“ Installation was relatively pain free, though drilling mounting holes in the switch was a little fiddly. A little solder, a little electrical tape, a quick playfield wipe over and 30min later I was done.”

Only in pinball would someone think that drilling and then soldering and then even more work was relatively pain free. I would love to try these out and it’s not a money thing but I just don’t want to drill into a basically new pinball machine. Just seems crazy to me. I know that’s what others do but man is the bar low to convince us of the level of effort required for some of these mods.

#17692 1 year ago

You're not drilling into the game, you're drilling holes in the MRS mount plate to run the screw into the existing holes in the playfield. Hole location varies for each switch so none are provided in the plate.

#17693 1 year ago
Quoted from May:

Dimensions cause megaseeds to appear, but also change the game by either:

- changing appearance/sound only
- scoring on certain aspects
- disabling certain things (eg slings)

It's actually a really cool aspect to the game. Plus megaseeds seem to be the way to really boost your score - if you collect a lot, and then get a high scoring ball the bonus can be pretty huge.

#17694 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

You're not drilling into the game, you're drilling holes in the MRS mount plate to run the screw into the existing holes in the playfield. Hole location varies for each switch so none are provided in the plate.

Exactly! Finding the exact drilling spot I'm sure could be measured to be 100% accurate, however by eye I was only 3 out of 4 correct... the 4th I drilled a new hole into the playfield... no biggy. I was neat. Outcome was defo worth it.

#17695 1 year ago
Quoted from May:

Dimension Name Effects
17-R4MP5 3x Ramp Scoring! Positive
BW00-P 3x Spinner Scoring! Positive
mega-sl4m 5x Slam Ring Scoring! Positive
L4ne-3 10x In/Out Lane Scoring! Positive
g0tu-Fam 3x Family Target Scoring! Positive
CMB-0 3x Combo scoring! Positive
H4-+ch 3x Scoop Scoring! Positive
Hv3-LT 3x Scoring on the LEFT half! Positive
Hv3-RT 3x Scoring on the RIGHT half! Positive
Ye-Zu5 1000x RICK TARGET SCORING! Positive
d3d-BMP SLAM RING is disabled! Negative
d3d-SLi Slingshot is disabled! Negative
d3d-SPn Spinner is disabled! Negative
d3d-CRnk Flooble-crank is disabled! Negative
d3d-BOx Meeseeks Box is disabled! Negative
d3d-F4m Family targets disabled! Negative
W3k-LT 1/2 Scoring on the LEFT half! Negative
W3k-RT 1/2 Scoring on the RIGHT half! Negative
FL-33p Activates all flippers together. Yells “FLEEP!” Negative
FL-2p Upper flipper activates with left flipper button. Negative
W1L-HM All targets / slings play the ‘Wilhelm Scream’ Feature
13u-TT Just passing through … Feature
TW-z0n3 Removes all color from LEDs Feature
BLK-0p Night Vision Engaged! Feature
b1-ind GI Lighting Strobes Feature
N0-ramp5 TNA Lampshow & Music Feature (also Ramps = 0 pts)
sp-0ng3 Underwater dimension Feature
gR-w0of Where are they, Summer? Feature
r5h-0ur Expressions of frustration. Feature
sp-0tz It’s like a Hollywood premiere in here. Feature
sw-4mpy Watch out for them gators! Feature

#17696 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

“ Installation was relatively pain free, though drilling mounting holes in the switch was a little fiddly. A little solder, a little electrical tape, a quick playfield wipe over and 30min later I was done.”
Only in pinball would someone think that drilling and then soldering and then even more work was relatively pain free. I would love to try these out and it’s not a money thing but I just don’t want to drill into a basically new pinball machine. Just seems crazy to me. I know that’s what others do but man is the bar low to convince us of the level of effort required for some of these mods.

Wow....try it before you knock it....you drill a small 1/16" pilot hole in the tab of the MRS to line up with the existing playfield hole (and there are 2 to choose from) and reuse 1 screw (you don't need both screws)....that takes about 1 minute....then you have 2 wires - in which polarity or diodes do not matter (that you have to solder anyway as they are not connectorized from the factory) and that takes about <5minutes to do...and you are done....As Chris noted - it took him less than 30 minutes to do 4 - ask him to do it again and he'd be done in likely 20 minutes....that all said, let me put it into perspective - it is literally the same level of effort if you had to replace the rollover with the same part.....you'd be doing the exact same thing...

Matt
M&M Creations

#17697 1 year ago

Took me no time to install 4 of them and I didn't drill any new holes in the playfield. Great improvement to the game!

#17698 1 year ago

Ceemunkey @FLYNNYFALCON.

Thanks.

#17699 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

It sounds more involved than it is. It’s quite literally the same as replacing a normal switch in any game. Actually easier since you don’t have to worry about polarity or diodes. The only difference is you drill 1 hole on the MRS switch mounting plate, NOT the playfield.

I installed 4 in my R&M and 2 in my Halloween. Super simple upgrade and now my orbits NEVER miss a ball speeding past the switches.

Thanks, Matt!

#17700 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would love to try these out and it’s not a money thing but I just don’t want to drill into a basically new pinball machine. Just seems crazy to me.

Well, then I won’t go into what it took to get my game to play well other than letting you know I drilled at least 3 new holes on the top of the playfield. And on my game, the MRSs were the only answer to getting the game scoring as it should.

Gongrats on having a better experience with the game than I did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 354 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/354?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.