(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 405.
#17601 1 year ago

R&M i am grabbing this week does not have the lit speakers, where can i get this? any other must haves for this game

#17602 1 year ago

Ok, its been one whole week of ownership, and just have to pop in here and say this machine is absolutely incredible!

My favourite pins - the ones I really love, are those where you can literally feel the enthusiasm, heart and soul of everyone who designed and worked on it and this definitely seems to be one of them. It shoots great, so many nice little touches here and there, the theming has been done almost perfectly, the lights, and oh my gosh the SOUND on this thing, amazing! It's a joy to play it - excellent work Spooky and team!

This and ACNC have been the real standout 2 pins I've played the last year, and I'm 100% on board the Spooky train now.

#17603 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm 100% on board the Spooky train now.

Welcome aboard!

Choo choooo!

rd

C6EB896D-9D30-4675-ACD8-D3B49D1155F7.gifC6EB896D-9D30-4675-ACD8-D3B49D1155F7.gif
#17604 1 year ago

Are these the new and 'improved' bushings?

Been off the site for a while, so I haven't really been following what's what...

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0199-00

#17605 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Been off the site for a while, so I haven't really been following what's what...
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0199-00

Yes those are the correct

#17606 1 year ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Yes those are the correct

Unclear, since the description says those bushings have been in use since 2014. The new/improved bushings to accommodate R&M's thinner PF weren't available until 2020 or 2021 IIRC.

Either the description is incorrect OR these aren't the corrected bushings.

#17607 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unclear, since the description says those bushings have been in use since 2014. The new/improved bushings to accommodate R&M's thinner PF weren't available until 2020 or 2021 IIRC.

This was my thought as well to be honest.

#17608 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree the description is incorrect,

However per the game's designer, those are the correct part number.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/343#post-6780915

#17609 1 year ago

Thanks, I tried to use the search feature but came up short!

#17610 1 year ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

you just need to shorten your bushings, not very complicated to do

#17611 1 year ago

Hello! Attempting to load the new code and ran into an issue. Once code is updated, I have removed the flash stick, turned machine off for about two minutes and then cycled back on. I am met with this screenshot. I’ve tried three times all with the same result. Any recommendations? Thanks.

FEBD25FF-C482-4021-BA1F-77C051E1DE10 (resized).jpegFEBD25FF-C482-4021-BA1F-77C051E1DE10 (resized).jpeg
#17612 1 year ago

Try a different USB stick. That seems to be the most common solution. Some guys tried 3 or 4 before it worked.

Could be a bad download, otherwise.

#17613 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Try a different USB stick. That seems to be the most common solution. Some guys tried 3 or 4 before it worked.

Make sure there is NOTHING ELSE on the USB and that the File name was not corrupted/changed.

Then, re-install.

#17614 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yup, this. Find a good USB stick that works and lave it dedicated to R&M update. Well, that's what I did anyway back when we gots piles of updates as the build was going on

#17615 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can order the very large plastic that goes around the scoop below the saucer? Mine has a crack in it.

#17616 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone know where I can order the very large plastic that goes around the scoop below the saucer? Mine has a crack in it.

Basically for anything, get a hold of spooky and ask.

#17617 1 year ago

I just updated the game to the latest code and first game I got 11 megaseeds, completed adventure card, Rick Potion #9 and new GC of 31M...such as kick ass game. I ordered the PinballMods topper light kit today as well, there are so many mods for this game.

I noticed on the loop shots with the upper right flipper the ball gets stuck under the house somewhere...what's the fix for that? Removing that house doesn't look like a trivial project, but if I need to adjust the diverter and some ball guides to fix this, I will.

Also, the two digital displays on the playfield appear to have segments not functioning...is that a connector issue or what's the fix?

Would appreciate any guidance, thanks.

IMG_8308 (resized).jpgIMG_8308 (resized).jpgIMG_8310 (resized).jpgIMG_8310 (resized).jpg
#17618 1 year ago

Anyone have a link to the better screens for this?

#17619 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Anyone have a link to the better screens for this?

It's an amazing mod. I installed one on R&M and Alice Cooper...what a difference!

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball?page=2

#17620 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I just updated the game to the latest code and first game I got 11 megaseeds, completed adventure card, Rick Potion #9 and new GC of 31M...such as kick ass game. I ordered the PinballMods topper light kit today as well, there are so many mods for this game.
I noticed on the loop shots with the upper right flipper the ball gets stuck under the house somewhere...what's the fix for that? Removing that house doesn't look like a trivial project, but if I need to adjust the diverter and some ball guides to fix this, I will.
Also, the two digital displays on the playfield appear to have segments not functioning...is that a connector issue or what's the fix?
Would appreciate any guidance, thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

Connectors are loose. Hot glue probably fell off. I had to re-attach and add more hot glue to get it to hold in place.

#17621 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Connectors are loose. Hot glue probably fell off. I had to re-attach and add more hot glue to get it to hold in place.

OK, that's an easy fix. I assume normal behavior is both mini displays should have all segments lit? I'll lift the playfield and reseat/hot glue the connectors.

#17622 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

OK, that's an easy fix. I assume normal behavior is both mini displays should have all segments lit? I'll lift the playfield and reseat/hot glue the connectors.

Correct, assuming you mean in attract mode. Mine lost one segment last week near the scoop, I lifted the table and saw a piece of hot glue on the bottom of the cabinet and the connector was loose. Easy fix.

#17623 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Correct, assuming you mean in attract mode. Mine lost one segment last week near the scoop, I lifted the table and saw a piece of hot glue on the bottom of the cabinet and the connector was loose. Easy fix.

Yep, that was it. Bunch of connectors were loose. I removed the original hot glue, reseated and re-glued them all. Back in business…thank you!

268CE0C6-B511-434A-9FCC-2C2179E1C468 (resized).jpeg268CE0C6-B511-434A-9FCC-2C2179E1C468 (resized).jpeg3609FA76-7F6B-4650-A00D-8157253689DC (resized).jpeg3609FA76-7F6B-4650-A00D-8157253689DC (resized).jpeg4E46E761-0E6E-4D8D-B59C-11AF562F7BC9 (resized).jpeg4E46E761-0E6E-4D8D-B59C-11AF562F7BC9 (resized).jpegBA092368-F8C0-46A8-B5F5-17A03917F2FE (resized).jpegBA092368-F8C0-46A8-B5F5-17A03917F2FE (resized).jpegEADCEB29-228B-47B2-9122-1399C9D8AD1D (resized).jpegEADCEB29-228B-47B2-9122-1399C9D8AD1D (resized).jpegF99E6805-997C-4CAB-968B-3D71ED8FE9AC (resized).jpegF99E6805-997C-4CAB-968B-3D71ED8FE9AC (resized).jpeg
#17624 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Email Spooky that you need one, you can get them from them directly.

#17625 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Email Spooky that you need one, you can get them from them directly.

Yes, I did that and included pics, thanks.

#17626 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Removing that house doesn't look like a trivial project, but if I need to adjust the diverter and some ball guides to fix this, I will.

If I remember, the left ramp is only 2 screws, right ramp 3 screws, plastic shield is 2 screws and the house is 2 screws.

#17627 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

there are so many mods for this game.
I noticed on the loop shots with the upper right flipper the ball gets stuck under the house somewhere...what's the fix for that? Removing that house doesn't look like a trivial project, but if I need to adjust the diverter and some ball guides to fix this,.[quoted image][quoted image]

Removing the house to fix that shot it worth it! I put it off because it seemed looked like a pain but it wasn’t bad. Now it’s my favorite shot in the game. This photo (from @iepinball) shows how the ball can get hung up. After you make adjustments, just be sure you test it out really well before screwing the house and everything else back down.

Also, MRS Are the best mod for Rick & Morty.

FBA49C59-F179-4A99-B912-2F0A8441E2D0 (resized).jpegFBA49C59-F179-4A99-B912-2F0A8441E2D0 (resized).jpeg
#17628 1 year ago

Lower left pop bumper combined with the rocket firing scoop makes this game Genius!!

#17629 1 year ago

Anyone else find themselves on other pins trying to press an antigravity button that doesn’t exists? I play R&M so much that it is just an automatic reaction now… very disappointing to find the button is missing.

#17630 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Anyone else find themselves on other pins trying to press an antigravity button that doesn’t exists? I play R&M so much that it is just an automatic reaction now… very disappointing to find the button is missing.

Yes. I once owned a Black Knight, in fact it was my first pin, so I thought I'd have R&M's magnet button down in no time. But disconcertingly, it took over a month for me to get the hang of it -- not just how to use it, but to even use it at all! Then I started reaching for the non-existent button on other games!

I also feel other things missing on other games. What, no megaseeds or equivalent to collect on changing targets? No crazy old man swearing at me? No dozens of semi-modes (dimensions) messing with the playfield colors, switches, scoring, flippers, and even the mood? No adventures with all their underlying and extremely well-integrated storylines? No Meeseeks complaining how they want to die? No killer beats?

This is why I can't imagine selling it, ever. Easily the most creative, funniest and funnest game I know! Nice, too, how if it ever came to having to sell, there's a tidy profit to be made in consolation.

I'm pretty sure, too, that its brutality has made me a better player on other games, which, while being a cool side effect, takes a bit of the challenge away from the other games too!

Well, that is, apart from pressing a button that is not there...

#17631 1 year ago

Where is the best place to order mirror blades from that will fit this title? Any recommendations? If not mirror blades, any high end art blades? I wish pingraphix did this title…but they do not appear to. Any recommendations would be great but really looking for mirror blades.

#17632 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where is the best place to order mirror blades from that will fit this title? Any recommendations? If not mirror blades, any high end art blades? I wish pingraphix did this title…but they do not appear to. Any recommendations would be great but really looking for mirror blades.

I've used wizblades, I like the product. Don't have R&M ones though.

https://wizardmod.com/products/rick-and-morty-pinball-wizblades?variant=41010928451779

#17633 1 year ago

Just installed the pinball life shaker and the fuse in the shaker board blew. I’ve installed a million stern shakers no problem, anyone have pictures of idea what I could have done wrong it’s two wires

#17634 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Just installed the pinball life shaker and the fuse in the shaker board blew. I’ve installed a million stern shakers no problem, anyone have pictures of idea what I could have done wrong it’s two wires

If it's polarity sensitive, maybe its wired in backwards?

#17635 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

I put in the shaker from PBL. No problem, works great.
Any pics I can send you? It went from shaker, to the interface board and to the backbox shaker plug.

#17636 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I put in the shaker from PBL. No problem, works great.
Any pics I can send you? It went from shaker, to the interface board and to the backbox shaker plug.

Yes please do

#17637 1 year ago

The green speaker plastics are a must add… the look great lit with green light, but as the speaker lights change throughout the game, they look incredible!

#17638 1 year ago

3E3BE785-2A5E-4218-A424-CEEADE01C1B4 (resized).jpeg3E3BE785-2A5E-4218-A424-CEEADE01C1B4 (resized).jpeg
736E58DB-FCBF-493B-9091-57E3C8ED6109 (resized).jpeg736E58DB-FCBF-493B-9091-57E3C8ED6109 (resized).jpeg

#17639 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've always wanted to see what the black mirror blades would look like on RM.

#17640 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Did the shaker spin before the fuse blew? Disconnect the shaker from the board, replace the fuse and power it back on and see if the fuse blows. If the fuse still blows, it could be a short in the board, email me at [email protected] and we will get you fixed up.
--Scott

#17641 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I've always wanted to see what the black mirror blades would look like on RM.

I went ahead and ordered normal Stern mirror blades, we will see if they fit. Black would have been better. Who sells those now?

Does anyone know if Stern sized mirror blades will fit a Spooky game?

#17642 1 year ago

Hi crew,
Have had my R&M for a little over a month and love the game as I am sure you all do! Best theme, immersion, shots & layout! I've had intermittent issues with playfield lights and timers going wonky, a few game crashes, and a few times with no sound. All have been 100% correctable by lifting the playfield and pushing on all connectors (which admittedly some feel loose just from a few days of normal gameplay). Anyone else have similar issues with connectors getting loose causing issues after normal gameplay (maybe the shaker?)? Just wondering other folks experience.
Also, my Morty left drop target won't come up. Coil works fine and it goes and up and down in coil test. But in switch test the "up" works but the "down" doesn't. I've asked AJ from Spooky service who's been great but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has had this issue and fixed it. thinking its a bad opto or switch?
Thanks!

#17643 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hi crew,
Have had my R&M for a little over a month and love the game as I am sure you all do! Best theme, immersion, shots & layout! I've had intermittent issues with playfield lights and timers going wonky, a few game crashes, and a few times with no sound. All have been 100% correctable by lifting the playfield and pushing on all connectors (which admittedly some feel loose just from a few days of normal gameplay). Anyone else have similar issues with connectors getting loose causing issues after normal gameplay (maybe the shaker?)? Just wondering other folks experience.
Also, my Morty left drop target won't come up. Coil works fine and it goes and up and down in coil test. But in switch test the "up" works but the "down" doesn't. I've asked AJ from Spooky service who's been great but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has had this issue and fixed it. thinking its a bad opto?
Thanks!

Throw some rubber cement on the ribbon cables and any other connectors that seem to be gettin lose.

Can't speak to the target, but they should be able to head you in the right direction.

#17644 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Throw some rubber cement on the ribbon cables and any other connectors that seem to be gettin lose.
Can't speak to the target, but they should be able to head you in the right direction.

Thanks! Have you had to do the rubber cement fix too? Just wondering if most folks have this sort of issue.

#17645 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks! Have you had to do the rubber cement fix too? Just wondering if most folks have this sort of issue.

Spooky hot glue guns many connections but some are done better than others. I’ve had to redo a few because they came loose, including both counters.

#17646 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Spooky hot glue guns many connections but some are done better than others. I’ve had to redo a few because they can loose, including both counters.

Thank you, sir!

#17647 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Spooky hot glue guns many connections but some are done better than others. I’ve had to redo a few because they came loose, including both counters.

When I encountered the hot glued connection's, I left them alone and just worked around them. The major one on my machine was the ship. A voice inside my forebrain said hell no, don’t do it!

#17648 1 year ago

Why does the horseshoe not make any sound sometimes? Making a shot should always be rewarded with lights or sound, something should happen no?

#17649 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Actually..he's correct. I meant hot glue...but rubber cement would work too.

#17650 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Why does the horseshoe not make any sound sometimes? Making a shot should always be rewarded with lights or sound, something should happen no?

I don't recall a time it doesn't make a sound. I think even if you just pass the target a small bit and the ball goes down it makes a woosh sound and the lights do things. You might have an opto out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 300.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 353 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/353?hl=mjk-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.