(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 405.
#17551 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Could have cut them in clear, no? It would still 'edge light' but it would be whatever color the LEDs are.

Yes...even something frosted. Would love to see the current green ones but with the RGB lighting happening to see what it looks like.

#17552 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Does that green speaker cover take away from the RGB color changing of the speakerlights? Doesn't look like an ideal idea.

I like your idea for a clear version too, but the fluorescent green has a glow to it when the light hits it that I like. Checking out clear Acrylic this week to see how it looks.

#17553 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I noticed the topper isn't lit on this game, it only flashes when the disc spins. Does anyone make a topper LED enhancement kit for the factory R&M topper? I'd like the front plastic to be lit constant like other toppers on my pins. Any ideas or what have others done?

Matrix LEDs right underneath it, you can even add some spotlights if thats your thing.

#17554 2 years ago

A while back I posted about a flipper fan kit that I developed for R&M, been a while and I wanted to circle back to it after months of use and no issues. I used RC Radial heat sink fans with thermal adhesive backing, that are power off a 12V to 6V adapter (needs PBL mod power supply or can go direct off 6 v or 12 v). Total cost for a kit with fans for all three flippers comes to about $50, with labor in there I would ask $100 cause I am not the most proficient at crimping and that shit takes a while. Asking for feedback on this idea, using a heat sink is way more efficient of a cooling method than using direct air flow.

PXL_20210325_010123392 (resized).jpgPXL_20210325_010123392 (resized).jpg
#17555 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

A while back I posted about a flipper fan kit that I developed for R&M, been a while and I wanted to circle back to it after months of use and no issues. I used RC Radial heat sink fans with thermal adhesive backing, that are power off a 12V to 6V adapter (needs PBL mod power supply or can go direct off 6 v or 12 v). Total cost for a kit with fans for all three flippers comes to about $50, with labor in there I would ask $100 cause I am not the most proficient at crimping and that shit takes a while. Asking for feedback on this idea, using a heat sink is way more efficient of a cooling method than using direct air flow. [quoted image]

Peekaboo

#17556 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

A while back I posted about a flipper fan kit that I developed for R&M, been a while and I wanted to circle back to it after months of use and no issues. I used RC Radial heat sink fans with thermal adhesive backing, that are power off a 12V to 6V adapter (needs PBL mod power supply or can go direct off 6 v or 12 v). Total cost for a kit with fans for all three flippers comes to about $50, with labor in there I would ask $100 cause I am not the most proficient at crimping and that shit takes a while. Asking for feedback on this idea, using a heat sink is way more efficient of a cooling method than using direct air flow. [quoted image]

You might bring this up in this thread. Someone proposed something very similar based off RC car coolers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cooler-coils-prevail

#17557 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

New Build Posted - Just some fixes - https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

I missed the January 2022 Update. Should I install that one, then the latest one? Thanks in advance.

-John

#17558 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I missed the January 2022 Update. Should I install that one, then the latest one? Thanks in advance.
-John

No need, the updates are a full refresh, not patches.

#17559 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Looks great. What does it look like when the speaker light isn’t green?

Thanks! The speaker LEDs still change colors and throw a different glow behind the green. It’s just perfect, I love this mod. Green as a base color for the acrylics makes sense as green lighting is prominent around the game. I have color changing speaker light kits on Aerosmith and Maiden and don’t feel like i need that on this game. It plays so clunky and rattly. I’ll continue dialing it in, but Spookys definitely play clunkier than Sterns or JJPs. Still love the game, though. The code, animations and sound in this title are epic.

#17560 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I noticed the topper isn't lit on this game, it only flashes when the disc spins. Does anyone make a topper LED enhancement kit for the factory R&M topper? I'd like the front plastic to be lit constant like other toppers on my pins. Any ideas or what have others done?

See my post here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/77#post-5708134

You can use any 12V LED strip (got mine on Amazon) and some wiring to tap into the backbox LED strip. Cheap and easy.

#17561 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

GnR was the 2020 game of the year…no need to knock it in the R&M club thread.

I will, owned it and it sucks compared to Rick & Morty.

Pretty game, but couldn’t be bother to play more than one game an evening. Not to mention my game was chipped pretty much everywhere.

No offense to those who enjoy it, but it’s all hype in my opinion.

#17562 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I bought this RM specific topper light from Pinballmods.co
Looks awesome and even the slight color changer fade mode looks good on it.
[quoted image]

That looks pretty good, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

#17563 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I will, owned it and it sucks compared to Rick & Morty.
Pretty game, but couldn’t be bother to play more than one game an evening. Not to mention my game was chipped pretty much everywhere.
No offense to those who enjoy it, but it’s all hype in my opinion.

I own both and R&M gets played 100x more than GNR. I don't think GNR is "all hype", but the scoring couldn't be worse and the album modes are just awful (including the Slash solo mode). The vibe of the light show and energy of the live performances is entertaining, but overall it falls very short. Just a shame that the code/rules/scoring aren't more fun...the layout and shots aren't that bad.

#17564 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I own both and R&M gets played 100x more than GNR. I don't think GNR is "all hype", but the scoring couldn't be worse and the album modes are just awful (including the Slash solo mode). The vibe of the light show and energy of the live performances is entertaining, but overall it falls very short. Just a shame that the code/rules/scoring aren't more fun...the layout and shots aren't that bad.

Jpp in general really disappointment me as shooters. Beautiful, work of art level games, theme integration. And absolutely snooze fest of games. Imho ram should have had more parity with gnr. I think some factors were in play: nostalgia, which is a hell of a drug, shock and awe, in that visually gnr is amazing and most folks wernt playing or seeing these machines in person during Covid, and rams low production numbers, which I think really cost it in terms of notice but also place within the top tier discussions ( I want to give a giant shout to people and ops who put this game out for the general public. It’s too bad more folks don’t get to play it). Those are some of the factors that I think swung gnr far up above where it actually and likely sits in the pantheon of rankings and desirability and likely someone of the factors keeping ram depressed comparatively.

#17565 2 years ago

One thing I wonder about as well is, of the folks that pre ordered the game, how many were ram fans vs pinheads etc. at the time spooky was still seen as a next true producer with some amazing games and even now we see that with some ip it’s the theme driving the sales. I often wonder if, had people had the chance to play ram and the production number been higher, that it would have gotten more of a general audience initially but I also wonder, like Iron Maiden, if people were turned off by the ip to some extent too ( I love the ip of both. I also think both took some time to “catch” with the gen pop and both are top tier games etc).

#17566 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

One thing I wonder about as well is, of the folks that pre ordered the game, how many were ram fans vs pinheads etc. at the time spooky was still seen as a next true producer with some amazing games and even now we see that with some ip it’s the theme driving the sales. I often wonder if, had people had the chance to play ram and the production number been higher, that it would have gotten more of a general audience initially but I also wonder, like Iron Maiden, if people were turned off by the ip to some extent too ( I love the ip of both. I also think both took some time to “catch” with the gen pop and both are top tier games etc).

I was a TNA, Scott Danesi fan and spooky stand behind their products. That's why I pre-ordered. Watched the show afterwards. And I'm very happy with it!

#17567 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I own both and play them pretty equally these days, excellent games, but I prefer Rick and Morty.

#17568 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Build 2022.04.21:

I haven’t updated since the addition of Moonman,(because of freeze/lockup) but decided to go with this update. Now have had at least 3 game freezes, location game that has very poor players sometimes, and I can’t always be there to try to get usb info. Is there a link to the Moonman update?

#17569 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I haven’t updated since the addition of Moonman,(because of freeze/lockup) but decided to go with this update. Now have had at least 3 game freezes, location game that has very poor players sometimes, and I can’t always be there to try to get usb info. Is there a link to the Moonman update?

I haven’t heard about freezing from anybody else in a LONG time, but they wouldn’t log anything anyway - Only crashes end up in the log. The freezing was due to something with the video handling that was fixed ages ago. I haven’t kept archives of all the previous builds, so unless somebody on the thread still has whatever version you’re looking for in a download folder it’ll be hard to come by.

#17570 2 years ago

Incredible pinball machine, only after it is fixed with new MRS switch,cooling fans,and other adjustments like the opto before the garage that is a skew from factory,wasn’t registering like the far right loop switch. Absolutely one of the FASTEST Flowing high velocity,wicked ass pinball machine i have ever played/owned!!!! I like it soo much I would buy another if ever produced again!!!! Wish it would play the full length cartoons from every season tho!!! Wonder if that could. be implemented ?

4A57B600-0F2C-4069-846A-F679A1653838 (resized).jpeg4A57B600-0F2C-4069-846A-F679A1653838 (resized).jpeg
#17571 2 years ago

I have all the versions except maybe the first couple on my pc. I'll see if I can find a place to upload them if there's no issue with that.

#17572 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have all the versions except maybe the first couple on my pc. I'll see if I can find a place to upload them if there's no issue with that.

It’s just the size that kept me from keeping them around.

#17573 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I haven’t heard about freezing from anybody else in a LONG time, but they wouldn’t log anything anyway - Only crashes end up in the log. The freezing was due to something with the video handling that was fixed ages ago. I haven’t kept archives of all the previous builds, so unless somebody on the thread still has whatever version you’re looking for in a download folder it’ll be hard to come by.

I should have ALL the releases in my Downloads folder.

Edit: well, maybe not. I swapped laptops, but I thought I moved the files moved over with it

#17574 1 year ago

Wooooo hoooo! Finally I am in the club (so is my son who, like meseeks was roped into it).

I think my machine has an issue though because I've noticed the score increasing steadily while the ball is cradled on the flippers (it just keeps counting up in very small increments). I've done the obvious test (put machine into switch test and bang the playfield a bit) but nothing fires. Is there any sort of known issue, or is this normal for this machine ie some mode i'm unaware of? It certainly doesn't seem normal...

I have noticed that the previous owner installed 2 MRS switches on 2 of the orbits. They seem to operate as normal in switch test though...?

20220426_205946 (resized).jpg20220426_205946 (resized).jpg
#17575 1 year ago

He looks pretty pleased with your purchase.

#17576 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Wooooo hoooo! Finally I am in the club (so is my son who, like meseeks was roped into it).
I think my machine has an issue though because I've noticed the score increasing steadily while the ball is cradled on the flippers (it just keeps counting up in very small increments). I've done the obvious test (put machine into switch test and bang the playfield a bit) but nothing fires. Is there any sort of known issue, or is this normal for this machine ie some mode i'm unaware of? It certainly doesn't seem normal...
I have noticed that the previous owner installed 2 MRS switches on 2 of the orbits. They seem to operate as normal in switch test though...? [quoted image]

Lucky kid!!

#17577 1 year ago

Sooooo... Spent all day working on 2 weird issues on my newly delivered R&M. First off, huge huuuuge thanks to Sonic who helped me troubleshoot an issue with the magnetic switch which was triggering without being hit. We eventually pinpointed the problem to some interference from the rear diverter coil - just spun the switch around so it was pointing downwards, and therefore a little further away from the coil - and the problem was resolved! So grateful for the assistance - and if anyone was curious about going the MRS switch route, Matt is definitely your man.

After this, I realised that the rear diverter itself wasn't working - it would flick into position to divert around the inner loop, but then could not switch position to allow the portal shot from right orbit. After testing the coil it was clear one direction was ok, but then it would get stuck. Inspecting the action of the coil + plunger, I could feel it binding on something at the end of stroke, so took off the ramps and house and made sure the diverter itself wasn't getting hung up on anything (it wasn't). Then inspected the coil further and found it was the plunger getting bound inside the coil sleeve. Since I don't have a spare coil or sleeve right now, I checked inside and discovered a small burr inside the sleeve, which I gently sanded down (using a cobbled together device made from tools and Dremel accessories). Cleaned and replace everything and we are back to normal operation!

I will replace the coil + sleeve still I think - I have a feeling the malfunctioning orbit switch may have been doing something to the diverter coil making it overheat and warp the sleeve. For now though its all working smoothly, and have to say this is ONE HECK of a game - brilliant!

Edit: also this is the first butter cab I've owned - holy cow it's a thing of absolute beauty...

#17578 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Sooooo... Spent all day working on 2 weird issues on my newly delivered R&M. First off, huge huuuuge thanks to Sonic who helped me troubleshoot an issue with the magnetic switch which was triggering without being hit. We eventually pinpointed the problem to some interference from the rear diverter coil - just spun the switch around so it was pointing downwards, and therefore a little further away from the coil - and the problem was resolved! So grateful for the assistance - and if anyone was curious about going the MRS switch route, Matt is definitely your man.
After this, I realised that the rear diverter itself wasn't working - it would flick into position to divert around the inner loop, but then could not switch position to allow the portal shot from right orbit. After testing the coil it was clear one direction was ok, but then it would get stuck. Inspecting the action of the coil + plunger, I could feel it binding on something at the end of stroke, so took off the ramps and house and made sure the diverter itself wasn't getting hung up on anything (it wasn't). Then inspected the coil further and found it was the plunger getting bound inside the coil sleeve. Since I don't have a spare coil or sleeve right now, I checked inside and discovered a small burr inside the sleeve, which I gently sanded down (using a cobbled together device made from tools and Dremel accessories). Cleaned and replace everything and we are back to normal operation!
I will replace the coil + sleeve still I think - I have a feeling the malfunctioning orbit switch may have been doing something to the diverter coil making it overheat and warp the sleeve. For now though its all working smoothly, and have to say this is ONE HECK of a game - brilliant!
Edit: also this is the first butter cab I've owned - holy cow it's a thing of absolute beauty...

A year and a half after purchase and 2 owners later...and we still support our products - no matter how they make their way through the world...glad to be of help Christian!

Matt
M&M Creations

#17579 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks! The speaker LEDs still change colors and throw a different glow behind the green. It’s just perfect, I love this mod. Green as a base color for the acrylics makes sense as green lighting is prominent around the game. I have color changing speaker light kits on Aerosmith and Maiden and don’t feel like i need that on this game. It plays so clunky and rattly. I’ll continue dialing it in, but Spookys definitely play clunkier than Sterns or JJPs. Still love the game, though. The code, animations and sound in this title are epic.

nothing clunky about my RM, incredible flow!!! RMS are a must tho

#17580 1 year ago

Anyone have a New, Used, or Damaged set of side RM rails they would sell? Need for a project I am doing. PM me

#17581 1 year ago

I just joined the club and my machine has metal protectors for the legs but each area on the decals are wrinkled by the legs. Did Rick and Morty’s originally come with metal protectors? And if they did were they a little thinner than most so the legs are still touching the cabinet decals? I just don’t know how the legs with the metal protectors could touch and create wrinkles

#17582 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and my machine has metal protectors for the legs but each area on the decals are wrinkled by the legs. Did Rick and Morty’s originally come with metal protectors? And if they did were they a little thinner than most so the legs are still touching the cabinet decals? I just don’t know how the legs with the metal protectors could touch and create wrinkles

R&M's were notorious for the legs biting into the cabinet. They did come with metal protectors, but I think most of us added felt under them and actually double stacked them to pull them further away from the cabinet. Something about how they were formed or hardness of the metal allowed them to curve into the cabinet.

#17583 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

R&M's were notorious for the legs biting into the cabinet. They did come with metal protectors, but I think most of us added felt under them and actually double stacked them to pull them further away from the cabinet. Something about how they were formed or hardness of the metal allowed them to curve into the cabinet.

I had replacement legs sent.

#17584 1 year ago

My game has started screaming with a loud buzzing noise in attract mode - I’m assuming a loose connection somewhere? Any tips on where to look?

#17585 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I had replacement legs sent.

Was it the metal protector problem or was it a leg problem

#17586 1 year ago

It's the legs.

#17587 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Was it the metal protector problem or was it a leg problem

Yup like Zablon said, it was the legs. They were curved in too much at the top from factory. Spooky had to back to manufacturer and get them to adjust their builds and remake them.

#17588 1 year ago

While new legs is probably the best answer, it is important to know there is nothing inherently wrong with using the original legs. As I said, many of us just double stacked the protectors and it's been fine.

#17589 1 year ago

Are my flippers too far forward and should the center of the flipper be right at the hole?

25CF2E38-77F2-4CDF-8B25-911BB095957D (resized).jpeg25CF2E38-77F2-4CDF-8B25-911BB095957D (resized).jpeg
#17590 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Are my flippers too far forward and should the center of the flipper be right at the hole?
[quoted image]

It's all about personal taste, but I believe Scott has chimed in about this and he designed the bats to land so that a toothpick would just be touching the rubbers.

While you would see slight increase in easiness of hitting the left ramp and the outer loop if you dropped them a tiny bit, I imagine you don't have a problem hitting any shots with your flippers as they sit there...so again, up to you.

#17591 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

It's all about personal taste, but I believe Scott has chimed in about this and he designed the bats to land so that a toothpick would just be touching the rubbers.

Yes, you need more "droop" to them. You'll find it easier to make the outlier shots to the left and right of PF

Mine came able to backhand the right ramp and I still can. But Scott mentioned he did not intend for that to happen

#17592 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

While you would see slight increase in easiness of hitting the left ramp and the outer loop if you dropped them a tiny bit, I imagine you don't have a problem hitting any shots with your flippers as they sit there...so again, up to you.

Are you sure because if you compare the hole for example on a WPC-WPC95 game a toothpick touches the bats and not the rubber ?
On my ACNC the hole is in the middle of the bats

#17593 1 year ago

Got a perfect set of mods! $49 for a box of 12 mystery Funko vinyl figs from Amazon. They fit perfectly in the pin and we only got 1 duplicate! Awesome cheap, fun mods!

https://www.amazon.com/Rick-Morty-Mystery-Minis-Set/dp/B06X6H1JHG/ref=asc_df_B06X6H1JHG/

20220430_123605 (resized).jpg20220430_123605 (resized).jpg20220430_123608 (resized).jpg20220430_123608 (resized).jpg20220430_123621 (resized).jpg20220430_123621 (resized).jpg20220430_123601 (resized).jpg20220430_123601 (resized).jpg
#17594 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Got a perfect set of mods! $49 for a box of 12 mystery Funko vinyl figs from Amazon. They fit perfectly in the pin and we only got 1 duplicate! Awesome cheap, fun mods!
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Love these, I have 5-6 on my playfield. I actually collected thw whole set before I even owned the game. I think it’s hilarious mod makers will sell these as a “mod” for $60.

#17595 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Are you sure because if you compare the hole for example on a WPC-WPC95 game a toothpick touches the bats and not the rubber ?
On my ACNC the hole is in the middle of the bats

Yes I am 100% sure. I emailed Scott to confirm his thought process on it.

#17596 1 year ago

Not a massive score, but I want to remind all you to never be a quitter, lol. I had about 541,000 after ball 2, then went on a heater. Fun.

B34432C2-6784-44BE-89E3-42E9F526E1C5 (resized).jpegB34432C2-6784-44BE-89E3-42E9F526E1C5 (resized).jpeg
#17597 1 year ago

Looking for a blood sucker edited around NE Ohio if anyone is selling. Have stuff to trade too.

#17598 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Isn't that essentially the rule of thumb for flippers in general??

#17599 1 year ago

The green speaker acrylic mod is a must to add a beautiful touch to RM speakers. It looks phenomenal when off, and just spectacular while playing the game. You can’t beat the price either!!!Excellent tasteful mod!! I highly recommend it!!!

E2F7415D-830F-4B9E-96A2-20C5480FEFA0 (resized).jpegE2F7415D-830F-4B9E-96A2-20C5480FEFA0 (resized).jpeg
#17600 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just installed Joe’s speaker acrylics, holy cow do they look awesome, wow! I ditched the flimsy mesh pieces while I installed the plastics. This mod is worth every penny

Excellent product. I agree removing the speaker mesh. Helps it pop!

IMG_3802 (resized).jpgIMG_3802 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/352?hl=sunsfan23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.