(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 405.
#17451 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I am always hesitant to think of paid DLC with pinballs as it could set a dangerous precedent but this is truly the one game I wish they could continue for years on end, offering up a couple new episodes/adventures every year based off new content in the show. I would be behind it on this one!

Same here. This is probably the one time I wouldn't mind paying extra to get more content. The game is literally built to keep adding more content.

#17452 2 years ago

I guess Spooky are fully focused on current games.

That said, in terms of brand recognition, making your best game even better, is also good for Spooky long term.

Everybody wins.

Fingers crossed.

#17453 2 years ago

Honestly, I was surprised that Spooky did not release a new mode or some new content right before the Ultraman/Halloween pins came out as this would have given the impression that their next line of games would have been supported a few years down the line. Looks like they didn't need the help selling out initially anyways... although that will likely change on their next title based off of the current reception on Ultraman/Haloween.

#17454 2 years ago

Again, you are putting too much stock in Spooky's power over it. It's all about the licensing and what the owners will allow. I'm sure there's a dollar amount that indeed could push for more content....but I bet it is higher than we think.

I see problems possible if something happens with the licenses for HWN/ULT before they get the code to where it should be. All it would take is a change of ownership depending on how the contracts are drawn up. Not saying anything WILL happen, but there's always potential.

#17455 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If this is an issue of cost, then I am serious when I say let us know how much it costs to pay for the license usage. Pinball collectors tend to skew towards the more affluent end of the spectrum and I’m betting all us R&M owners could be easily persuaded to donate to the cause.
I am legit asking Spooky - give us a dollar amount to make more modes happen.

100%. Give us a number for a wizard mode that covers licensing costs and Eric’s time and I’ll pitch in a healthy contribution. I’m totally in.

#17456 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

100%. Give us a number for a wizard mode that covers licensing costs and Eric’s time and I’ll pitch in a healthy contribution. I’m totally in.

Here is my brief idea to take it over the top!

1. Start game at adventure 0.
2. After 5 adventures, mini-wizard - potion 9.
3. Card filled after 10 - new wizard mode.
4. One more new adventure.

#17457 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And a hidden mode (or two)!

Ok maybe I’m getting greedy…

#17458 2 years ago

If there is a new adventure, I think the new adventure should be a multiball adventure. There are none of those currently. Perhaps make it a relatively rare occurrence (maybe 10% chance of starting it after the second adventure).

#17459 2 years ago

Why is there only 1 extra ball animation in pinball?

#17460 2 years ago

I understand the DLC argument. In this case the game is “complete” as it stands so the idea isn’t like getting an incomplete game then paying more for a complete game, this is true “additional content” being requested by people who own the game and are willing to pay. No one is left out, everyone gets the new release.

If people will pay $2,500 for an ugly topper you know there’s money in the banana stand for a couple of modes. I like the idea of that wizard mode! I’d be willing to pay at least that personally.

#17461 2 years ago

4. One or two new adventures.
5. One more multiball.

#17462 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

4. One or two new adventures.
5. One more multiball.

Definitely! Two new adventures and a multiball would be great.

#17463 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If there is a new adventure, I think the new adventure should be a multiball adventure. There are none of those currently. Perhaps make it a relatively rare occurrence (maybe 10% chance of starting it after the second adventure).

How about Rick Catch Phrase Multiball. S2E4, I count 12 phrases. Every switch that is hit sounds a phrase, many going at once and overlapping into pure chaos. Everytime a ball drains for good one phrase is removed. Council of Ricks' running around and marching on the monitor during the event.

Ordered 3 MRS for the Uturn and the Right orbit. Also waiting on the cooling fans to help my progress, nice shots don't cut it after a big session

#17464 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Ordered 3 MRS for the Uturn and the Right orbit. Also waiting on the cooling fans to help my progress, nice shots don't cut it after a big session

What are the MRS? Yes, I need to order cooling fans also for this game.

#17466 2 years ago

For those using the MRS, which made the most difference. Decking out a R&M full of new switches ain't cheap!

#17467 2 years ago

For those using the MRS, which made the most difference. Decking out a R&M full of new switches ain't cheap!

The far right on the outer loop is the most important one because the lane is a tad wide and the ball can miss the switch. I only changed out 2..that one and the top of the uturn loop. You definitely don't need to change out everything on the game. At most 4...for the orbits.

#17468 2 years ago

I did (2) - top right side - U turn, and Orbit. All a pinhead needs in my opinion.

#17469 2 years ago

I did all except for the outlanes. The upper right most switch made the biggest difference.

#17470 2 years ago

I’m not trying to be a jerk but isn’t this a design flaw?

I haven’t changed mine yet but I noticed that switch (upper far right or right orbit) never registers. It will if I hit with my finger.

Love this machine but I guess this is just something else I have to do to make this game play better

#17471 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I haven’t changed mine yet but I noticed that switch (upper far right or right orbit) never registers. It will if I hit with my finger.

It can be adjusted to be more sensitive...
but, the MRS obfuscates the need for that and has the added benefit of not affecting the ball trajectory in any way.

Design flaw that is easily fixed with the MRS or an adjustment. Though the adjustment takes a bit more trial and effort.

#17472 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’m not trying to be a jerk but isn’t this a design flaw?
Love this machine but I guess this is just something else I have to do to make this game play better

It's a combination of that and the type of switch wire they used. It's a bit too flimsy so the ball can get by just pushing it aside. Too late to do much about it at this point other than change to the MRs.

#17473 2 years ago

Any downside to making the change to the MRS? Ball magnetization or something?

#17474 2 years ago

DLC is in everything these days. Old school people hate it, new school people want it!! When I buy a pin (or anything) Im making the decision to purchase the item "as is in the current state" anything else after the fact should be extra. The problem is Stern has release pins with basic code with an illusion that the code will only get better. Fact is I don't buy these games with crap code and empty promises to make it better. I wait until the value is worth my $$ and I wait for the code update before I buy it. Anything after that I'm willing to pay more money for. Once they get it threw there head that people don't work for free and the product you purchase in the current state is what you get and if you dont like it dont buy it. Old people like FREE stuff. Talk about entitlement SMH. This is why we don't get any DLC. Once a pin can be registered online you cant just "steal" code from someone who paid for it. It will be registered to that pin only simple really.

#17475 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

DLC is in everything these days. Old school people hate it, new school people want it!! When I buy a pin (or anything) Im making the decision to purchase the item "as is in the current state" anything else after the fact should be extra. The problem is Stern has release pins with basic code with an illusion that the code will only get better. Fact is I don't buy these games with crap code and empty promises to make it better. I wait until the value is worth my $$ and I wait for the code update before I buy it. Anything after that I'm willing to pay more money for. Once they get it threw there head that people don't work for free and the product you purchase in the current state is what you get and if you dont like it dont buy it. Old people like FREE stuff. Talk about entitlement SMH. This is why we don't get any DLC. Once a pin can be registered online you cant just "steal" code from someone who paid for it. It will be registered to that pin only simple really.

Great way to solve that is that pinball companies don't sell pinball games until the code is completed. Guess they dug their own problem. They aren't going to fix it either...look at the state of HWN/UMN. Way worse than R&M was...and this is the case with most all games coming out. Same deal with video games etc. Companies love to rush things and the ease of post upgrades has made them even worse.

Also...while I am not aiming this at Spooky because they are a smaller shop, we are all also very aware that the wage gap between CEO's and the people who actually do the work is tremendous. Our additional dollars do not equate to the people doing the work actually getting paid more or even keeping their jobs so that sentiment about 'free' is not exactly 100% the case.

#17476 2 years ago

I wonder if $500 for added DLC is up any one's alley. I think that is a fair price. Not sure its worth it for the man himself though.

#17477 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I wonder if $500 for added DLC is up any one's alley. I think that is a fair price. Not sure its worth it for the man himself though.

It's not so much about the price as the perceived value. I mean..what if you did R&M 2.0 using the same game, but completely new adventures/dimensions. Is that worth $1000? more? less? The additional issue is R&M is a relatively small run, so the potential customers is pretty limited compared to what the actual cost of the license to do it would be.

#17478 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not so much about the price as the perceived value. I mean..what if you did R&M 2.0 using the same game, but completely new adventures/dimensions. Is that worth $1000? more? less? The additional issue is R&M is a relatively small run, so the potential customers is pretty limited compared to what the actual cost of the license to do it would be.

These days....$1000 would probably be fine to many.

#17479 2 years ago

I can feel Eric rolling his eyes at this conversation lol.

#17480 2 years ago

Here you go. R&M 2.0 Left Handed Jerry Edition.

Includes all the Snake Jazz, Slut Dragons, and Cum Gutters you've been screaming for.

All you DLC guys figure out how we pay for the all new code that comes "free" with the left handed Jerry version.

Hilarious.
Apologies if the reverse pf idea was already posted in here, like the DLC stuff has been.

None of this stuff is happening. Enjoy your games. They're already packed with great stuff.

20220419_134206 (resized).jpg20220419_134206 (resized).jpg
#17481 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You mean the like the big electromagnet in the pin already does? : )

No, these little magnets cannot compare to the electromagnet Tesla's in the pin .....

Matt
M&M Creations

#17482 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

They're already packed with great stuff.

This is true and more the reason I would pony up more money for DLC.
I could swear b4 the game was released there was talk about updating the code after every season with new content.
Look at Fish Tales, I would not pay a red cent to update that trash. You never throw money at garbage for better garbage.
A pin like Rick and Morty...I will throw money after every season to get the new content 110% no question.
We didn't get a half built game with crap code hoping for a free update. We got one of the best/unique pins ever created so to pay for DLC is a no brainer.

#17483 2 years ago

what in the actual fuck?

#17484 2 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

This is true and more the reason I would pony up more money for DLC.
I could swear b4 the game was released there was talk about updating the code after every season with new content.
Look at Fish Tales, I would not pay a red cent to update that trash. You never throw money at garbage for better garbage.
A pin like Rick and Morty...I will throw money after every season to get the new content 110% no question.
We didn't get a half built game with crap code hoping for a free update. We got one of the best/unique pins ever created so to pay for DLC is a no brainer.

I agree with you, in the aspect that if you like a game, you may be interested in paying for further content. I mean..look at FH 2.0? It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than a whole new game. If you really like R&M, I think most who own it would pony up, but I still think that # is probably less of a return than would be required to do it because of the low build count.

As for the talk you speak of, yes that was indeed the hype, and...well things changed.

#17485 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am one of the few crazies who decided to go 100% MRS in my R&M. I even have them in the shooter lane and outlanes for a consistent look. No downside...but prepared to have an even faster game. The original switches did slow the ball down, now with nothing to slow it down the ball flies maybe 10-15% faster. I personally love it like this but everyone has their own tastes. As most of the others have said, the most important switch is the outer loop, followed by the S loop. All others are simply optional.

#17486 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I am one of the few crazies who decided to go 100% MRS in my R&M. I even have them in the shooter lane and outlanes for a consistent look. No downside...but prepared to have an even faster game. The original switches did slow the ball down, now with nothing to slow it down the ball flies maybe 10-15% faster. I personally love it like this but everyone has their own tastes. As most of the others have said, the most important switch is the outer loop, followed by the S loop. All others are simply optional.

Not really a taste thing, I just like my money too much. I got two for a serviceable reason. After that it seems more than overboard to me.

#17487 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not really a taste thing, I just like my money too much. I got two for a serviceable reason. After that it seems more than overboard to me.

I think we all like money, but if you are posting in this thread apparently you like to spend 5 figures on a toy that smashes a ball around a wooden table.

Totally worth the couple hundred bucks for not just the uniform look but the increased gameplay speed it brings.

#17488 2 years ago

Never understand the, 'because you spent X amount why wouldn't you spend more' argument. Value is different for everyone. I haven't spent 5 figures on any game

#17489 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Never understand the, 'because you spent X amount why wouldn't you spend more' argument.

Yeah I think you are missing the point. I don’t buy playfield toys as an example because I think they are a waste. I like the MRS switches and choose to spend money on that. Some people want a whirly dirly figure or a floating eye, I want MRS switches. It is 100% a taste thing.

And on your 5 figure boast, give it time. I have yet to spend 5 figures to acquire any machine either, yet I've eclipsed that mark in total spend on a few machines over time with maintenance and with the add ons that I like

#17490 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

The original switches did slow the ball down, now with nothing to slow it down the ball flies maybe 10-15% faster.

This is pretty darn appealing…I must say. How long did it take for you to install all the switches? I’m wondering if it is a two hour project or what…not sure if I would consider doing the shooter lane as you did, but the others for that extra speed might be a lot of fun.

#17491 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is pretty darn appealing…I must say. How long did it take for you to install all the switches? I’m wondering if it is a two hour project or what…not sure if I would consider doing the shooter lane as you did, but the others for that extra speed might be a lot of fun.

2 hours at most if you do a proper soldering job and using heat shrink tubing. Once you do 1, the others become a breeze. I batched my install with the flipper fans and it saved even more total installation time since I was already in the same area.

You can see the finished product in my post below. Be sure to align them as such or the magnets may interfere with the stock antigravity magnet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/318#post-6459847

#17492 1 year ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

You can see the finished product in my post below. Be sure to align them as such or the magnets may interfere with the stock antigravity magnet.

I was thinking about that. I may avoid those two altogether on that side.

#17493 1 year ago

GNR was absolutely packed with 'licensed' content because Slash loves Pinball and he wanted his game to be the best possible.

Has anyone mentioned whether Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon like pinball? Justin is clearly a gamer. His video games are fantastic.
He'd probably be supportive of making his pinball game better if Cartoon Channel (or whatever) doesn't c*ckblock.

#17494 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

GNR was absolutely packed with 'licensed' content because Slash loves Pinball and he wanted his game to be the best possible.

He must have been really bummed with how it turned out, then.

#17495 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

He must have been really bummed with how it turned out, then.

I know right?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

ANYWAY....

Has anyone mentioned whether Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon like pinball?

#17496 1 year ago

Big thanks for the Ninjacamp flipper brackets. Bringing those flippers a little lower is pretty sweet.
I'm late to the game but getting this thing tuned up!
"You can run but you can't hide bitch!"

IMG_3717 (resized).jpgIMG_3717 (resized).jpg

#17497 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Has anyone mentioned whether Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon like pinball? Justin is clearly a gamer. His video games are fantastic.
He'd probably be supportive of making his pinball game better if Cartoon Channel (or whatever) doesn't c*ckblock.

I remember seeing something about Dan Harmon liking pinball, and people spotting him at pinball places, not sure if that was just because they were making a game so he was studying them, or if he's actually a fan. But I believe the rumor was he is a fan of pinball, though not exceptionally good at it. But you know, rumors.

#17498 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I know right?
[quoted image]
ANYWAY....

How meaningful are those prices anyway?
Judging from their site, they decided they know enough to give out these rewards. But dont
necessarily represent the opinion of the community.

Sounds like a fancy best dad mug.

#17499 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

They bring up pinball many many times in Solar Opposites which is Roiland's other project.

If you like Rick and Morty you will like Solar Opposites. They honestly feel like thrown out Rick and Morty scripts that were reworked.

Harmon has this machine is his house, there was video on his twitter of him playing it.

#17500 1 year ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

If you like Rick and Morty you will like Solar Opposites.

Eeeennh ... Solar Opposites isn't as good overall IMO. Everybody who talks about solar opposites usually highighlights "The Wall" as the good bit, but that's one episode per season. The show isn't terrible, it's just nothing special.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 300.00
$ 13,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/350?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.