(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 405.
#17051 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Sounds like a switch isn't getting depressed in your launch ball holder (what's this actual name?) - did you check those? It's not registering 1 of the 4 waiting to feed into the launcher.

Check the switches in the trough in the Switch Test. Also the switch in the portal trough.

Examine the wires as well as the connections. Sometomes a cracked solder joint will get intermittent contact and then go flaky on you from vibration.

Also, call on Spooky Tech Support. They are super helpful whenever I reach out to them.

#17052 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Sounds like a switch isn't getting depressed in your launch ball holder (what's this actual name?) - did you check those? It's not registering 1 of the 4 waiting to feed into the launcher.

Sounds like a bad or obstructed opto in the ball trough. From the switch test you should be able to see which opto is not registering.

Edit: I was wrong, Spooky uses micro switches with roll-overs in the ball trough.

#17053 2 years ago

They are optos aren't they? Sounds like maybe one is out?

#17054 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are optos aren't they? Sounds like maybe one is out?

My thought also but Spooky uses switches with roll-overs in the ball troughs. Regardless, the problem is still mostly likely caused by a bad switch or maybe broken wire?

#17055 2 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

The only weird thing it ever does is intermittently behaves like I'm Death Saving, but after the ball has drained, at end of the ball.

Phantom switch firing somewhere makes the machine think you *did* deathsave. Switch test and jostle the machine around.

I've got something similar with the lower right ramp optical when the right flippers fire. I'm trying to get video of it to send to Spooky for some help, but it's intermittent enough to make that annoying because you can't fire flippers in a switch test.

#17056 2 years ago

Thank you for all your help everyone!

#17057 2 years ago

Just joined to club today! This game is a ton of fun. I’m dialed in pretty well but will just have to figure out the glass rattling and what seems to be some weird activity with my left flipper. It went dead twice while trapping a ball and I drained. Looks like a lot of pinned posts for issues so I’ll start there to trouble shoot.

2659CC3A-FEE4-46D5-8842-CB6352795955 (resized).jpeg2659CC3A-FEE4-46D5-8842-CB6352795955 (resized).jpeg
#17058 2 years ago

After 8 months, I finally open the box.

20220201_092927 (resized).jpg20220201_092927 (resized).jpg
#17059 2 years ago
Quoted from May:

After 8 months, I finally open the box.[quoted image]

This should be interesting.

F17B5755-03A2-4B54-BC11-3E6D56A348A7.gifF17B5755-03A2-4B54-BC11-3E6D56A348A7.gif
#17060 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Just joined to club today! This game is a ton of fun. I’m dialed in pretty well but will just have to figure out the glass rattling and what seems to be some weird activity with my left flipper. It went dead twice while trapping a ball and I drained. Looks like a lot of pinned posts for issues so I’ll start there to trouble shoot.[quoted image]

Check to make sure the fuses are seated correctly on the main motherboard (Behind the LCD in the backbox, on the corners of the board) I had that happen randomly for a while until I popped them out and and back in no problem since. Its worth noting that when that happened on mine the entire side (left or right) of mechs died (they share the primary power).

#17061 2 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Check to make sure the fuses are seated correctly on the main motherboard (Behind the LCD in the backbox, on the corners of the board) I had that happen randomly for a while until I popped them out and and back in no problem since. Its worth noting that when that happened on mine the entire side (left or right) of mechs died (they share the primary power).

Thank you! I will try that tonight.

#17062 2 years ago

Just had a game with Multiball and suddenly all flippers as well as the display froze, no reaction. Balls drained and they were launched in again and the pin worked as nothing happened.

Anyone had a similar experience? Had never before any freezes and none since. Running latest code.

1 week later
#17063 2 years ago

I joined the club over the weekend. Really loving the game! I am working on the glass rattle and I had a two player game that ended but rebooted while going through the match sequence. I'll get these issues worked out and I think this will be in the collection for a long time!

#17064 2 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I joined the club over the weekend. Really loving the game! I am working on the glass rattle and I had a two player game that ended but rebooted while going through the match sequence. I'll get these issues worked out and I think this will be in the collection for a long time!

Just a roll of the inexpensive glass rattle tape of amazon will do wonders for ya. Read all the Key Posts in thread, you'll be happy you did

#17065 2 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

welcome! Knowing you, it will be in your collection for years to come.

I suggest unplugging the internal bass and hook up an external sub. Found that to be the best solution for my game. Tape is annoying and quite frankly, still made too much noise.

#17066 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I suggest unplugging the internal bass and hook up an external sub. Found that to be the best solution for my game. Tape is annoying and quite frankly, still made too much noise.

That's a good idea! Literally thinking outside the box! Any suggestions for the external sub?

#17067 2 years ago

I think this is the standard "go-to" of powered subs to go with

https://www.amazon.ca/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=sr_1_5

#17068 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Second that, external sub is the best mod for R&M. No need for a powered sub, I just hooked up an old car audio sub I had laying around. The anp in the game is pushing it just fine.

#17069 2 years ago

Liking these new speaker panel, apron, and shooter lane covers.

IMG_4077 (resized).jpgIMG_4077 (resized).jpgIMG_4080 (resized).jpgIMG_4080 (resized).jpg
#17070 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good - where did you buy those?

#17071 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks good - where did you buy those?

Thanks. Go to wizardmod.com They are located in Portugal I believe. Shipping was pretty quick. Half the time they sat at customs in NYC 60 miles from me.

#17072 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I think this is the standard "go-to" of powered subs to go with
amazon.com link »

Holy crap, these are going for $250+ now? I've got about 7-8 of them, one for each of my games. I didn't pay more than $60 for most of them used. I think I paid $100 for one brand new one. Glad I got them when I did!

#17073 2 years ago

I guess these are cheaper in the states. I just ordered one for another one of my machines and it was only 150 bucks. And, I’ll have it by the time I get home tonight! Amazon is ridiculous with their shipping!

77611055-F1ED-4F3B-A7EA-623DDC245822 (resized).jpeg77611055-F1ED-4F3B-A7EA-623DDC245822 (resized).jpeg
#17074 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I guess these are cheaper in the states. I just ordered one for another one of my machines and it was only 150 bucks. And, I’ll have it by the time I get home tonight! Amazon is ridiculous with their shipping! [quoted image]

Doh! Didn't notice it was a Canada Amazon link. You Canadians...

#17075 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:Holy crap, these are going for $250+ now? I've got about 7-8 of them, one for each of my games. I didn't pay more than $60 for most of them used. I think I paid $100 for one brand new one. Glad I got them when I did!

I guess these are cheaper in the states. I just ordered one for another one of my machines and it was only 150 bucks. And, I’ll have it by the time I get home tonight! Amazon is ridiculous with their shipping! [quoted image]

Quoted from FatPanda:

Doh! Didn't notice it was a Canada Amazon link. You Canadians...

I bought these Sony model subwoofers for my pins https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-core-series-10-115w-active-subwoofer-black/5721005.p?skuId=5721005 . $115 at Best Buy. Open box are generally under $100 if you can find one near you. Also, if you are impatient (like me) you can just walk in and pick one up.

#17076 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Your flippers look cockeyed, left one looks much higher than right

#17077 2 years ago

Go hit a good will, or craigs list, or offer up. Do not buy a sub brand new. Do not pay more than $20 for a sub. They are abundant and available. You just have to look.

#17078 2 years ago

It is not only the bass that causes glass rattle, it is the shaker =)

#17079 2 years ago

I find subs at yard sales for around $5 -$15 on a regular basis.

#17080 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I find subs at yard sales for around $5 -$15 on a regular basis.

NEVER buy a sub at full price. That is a fools game.

#17081 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

NEVER buy a sub at full price. That is a fools game.

Wait, but aren’t we fools already for paying 6k to $10k for new pinball machines?

#17082 2 years ago

Wait, but aren’t we fools already for paying 6k to $10k for new pinball machines?

I mean, kind of. I havent bought or sold a game in 3 years now because I am priced out.

But seriously. Dont buy subwoofers NIB. Total waste of money. Especially for a pin where you will never see it and it doesnt need to be HI FI.

#17083 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Your flippers look cockeyed, left one looks much higher than right

? They aren’t and I don’t see it in the picture either.

#17084 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

? They aren’t and I don’t see it in the picture either.

Left flipper looks to have a larger gap between the alignment hole than the right and the left looks much closer to the display screen. Maybe is whacky camera angle but looks obvious to me in pic.
Have a good day!

#17085 2 years ago

Haven't played for a while. These lock/drop LEDs aren't supposed to be blue and red are they?

20220210_201630 (resized).jpg20220210_201630 (resized).jpg
#17086 2 years ago

14 new posts!!…….
Nope, not a surprise code drop, subwoofah talk.

#17087 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

14 new posts!!…….
Nope, not a surprise code drop, subwoofah talk.

Yepp, this happens every time when these guys are coming back from subwoofer dimension.

Can we please go to boob world instead?

#17088 2 years ago
Quoted from henning:

Can we please go to boob world instead?

We’re not going to Boob World, Morty - you fucked it up.

#17089 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

We’re not going to Boob World, Morty - you fucked it up.

Gotta learn a lesson

#17090 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Haven't played for a while. These lock/drop LEDs aren't supposed to be blue and red are they?[quoted image]

No they aren't.

#17091 2 years ago

It is kind of funny when you put it that way… drop $10k on a box lights, then dumpster dive to save $100 on a sub!

#17092 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

dumpster dive to save $100 on a sub!

A sign of the times. Money money money. Pinball is for the rich. How dare you be frugal....jeez.

PRICED OUT.

#17093 2 years ago

Aren't those portals, while festive, just blocking your speakers?

#17094 2 years ago

Put ad ad on FB marketplace this morning, getting flooded with powered sub offers....nice.

#17095 2 years ago

I like to fondle balls. Call it an obsession. Would make a great opportunity for some side wagers, I mean competitions. Problem is, I don’t know how many have been adjusted.

Any chance there can be a subtle indicator to display how many each player has fondled? If not on the LCD, could the count be displayed on the numeric display when not being used for the countdowns?

The respect that comes with being Chief!

#17096 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I like to fondle balls. Call it an obsession. Would make a great opportunity for some side wagers, I mean competitions. Problem is, I don’t know how many have been adjusted.
Any chance there can be a subtle indicator to display how many each player has fondled? If not on the LCD, could the count be displayed on the numeric display when not being used for the countdowns?
The respect that comes with being Chief!

I'm quite sure you will lol, but I don't know how to fondle balls. Could you explain?

#17097 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I'm quite sure you will lol, but I don't know how to fondle balls. Could you explain?

When a single ball is locked, hitting it to adjust the ball to the other side of the sack, I mean lock.

Gotta chase that Chief Ball Fondler Champ if ya know what I mean.

#17098 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

When a single ball is locked, hitting it to adjust the ball to the other side of the sack, I mean lock.
Gotta chase that Chief Ball Fondler Champ if ya know what I mean.

Builds all subsequent Jackpots, too, don't forget!

#17099 2 years ago

#FreeTheBallSack

#17100 2 years ago

My plastic protector broke under the noob noob plastic. All they have on Pinball Life for replacements is the neon green protector for under the slings. Don't want to bother Spooky with asking for a replacement so does anyone else sell Spooky parts beyond Pinball Life?

20220213_101245 (resized).jpg20220213_101245 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 300.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/342?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.