(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 405.
#17001 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I want a hot glue dimension.

That’s included (under) your playfield…

#17002 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I want a hot glue dimension.

I wish there were more like the underwater dimension. Great lightshow with fitting music.

#17003 2 years ago
Quoted from KingofGames:

I wish there were more like the underwater demension. Great lightshow with fitting music.

Agree completely!! The underwater dimension does it for me big time

I wish there was more everything!! Such a fantastic game, with so many possibilities. Eric must have dozens of dimensions/modes/ideas he'd love to implement. The machine absolutely deserves it.

HEY SPOOKY TEAM!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

#17004 2 years ago

Unrelated to pinball but wrangler is closing out all their rick and morty stuff. I almost bought the denim jacket before Christmas but glad I waited. Check it out.

https://www.wrangler.com/search?q=rick%20and%20morty&search-button=&lang=en_US

#17005 2 years ago

Nice! Just ordered a denim jacket, just because!

#17006 2 years ago

Just about to run the code update, I put my USB stick into my computer.

The name of the USB stick is SNAKEJAZZ

which begs the question. WHERE IS THE SNAKE JAZZ

#17007 2 years ago
Quoted from flowcanon:

Just about to run the code update, I put my USB stick into my computer.
The name of the USB stick is SNAKEJAZZ
which begs the question. WHERE IS THE SNAKE JAZZ

A snake jazz dimension would be awesome. Snake Jazz playing, every target you hit makes a 'SSSSSS' sound. Awesome.

#17008 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

A snake jazz dimension would be awesome. Snake Jazz playing, every target you hit makes a 'SSSSSS' sound. Awesome.

Oooo-weee, I sure wish I could have that.

#17009 2 years ago
A21F14A4-0D43-491A-8999-691A465D5FAB (resized).pngA21F14A4-0D43-491A-8999-691A465D5FAB (resized).png
#17010 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

So many amazingly awesome possibilities... Is there a subscription available to some underground Eric code??

#17011 2 years ago

I would pay top dollar for underground Eric code. I wouldn’t even talk about it. No rule changes, just content .

#17012 2 years ago

Re code expansion... Consider how much time Eric and Co wasted fucking around with flipper pulse shit. They even got (Gerry) the maker of PROC involved at times. And in the end, a change to the physical geometry of the flipper mech provided more material improvements than any of that other shit and if I'm not mistaken Eric ultimately went back to his earlier flipper-pulse logic anyway after spending months upon months trying to appease us Pinsiders.

Time. Wasted. Time.

I'm sure that back in early 2020 they planned to use that time for bettering the code/dimensions/modes. Yeah. Hate to say it but we only have ourselves to blame kids.

p.s. - don't get me wrong... I'm not saying I have any issue with the current code/dimensions/modes. Sure I'd love me some Snake Jazz too but as-is, Love Potion #9 is the wizard mode and all the current code is fully fleshed out and amazing in every respect. My copy is bolted to the floor and it's no secret that Spooky cares more about its customers than any other manufacturer selling pins today. No reasonable consumer should have anything to complain about. Enjoy your games.

#17013 2 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Re code expansion... Consider how much time Eric and Co wasted fucking around with flipper pulse shit. They even got (Gerry) the maker of PROC involved at times. And in the end, a change to the physical geometry of the flipper mech provided more material improvements than any of that other shit and if I'm not mistaken Eric ultimately went back to his earlier flipper-pulse logic anyway after spending months upon months trying to appease us Pinsiders.

The flipper issues were very real - even after the bushings were trimmed and the EOS adjusted. It’s 90% of the user interaction and pretty important to get right. It wasn’t right and it did get fixed. I wouldn’t characterize that time as ‘wasted.’

Code expansion…. not going to happen via Eric or anyone else.

#17014 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

The flipper issues were very real - even after the bushings were trimmed and the EOS adjusted. It’s 90% of the user interaction and pretty important to get right. It wasn’t right and it did get fixed. I wouldn’t characterize that time as ‘wasted.’
Code expansion…. not going to happen via Eric or anyone else.

Yeah... I'm not picky and even I noticed it. It is one thing if the ball doesn't make it down the ramp and rolls SDTM. It is another thing if you catch the ball with the tip of your flipper but the flipper strength doesn't hold and the ball goes SDTM. That's robbery!

Luckily they fixed it and R&M is awesome!

#17015 2 years ago

Time. Wasted. Time.
I'm sure that back in early 2020 they planned to use that time for bettering the code/dimensions/modes. Yeah. Hate to say it but we only have ourselves to blame kids.
p.s. - don't get me wrong... I'm not saying I have any issue with the current code/dimensions/modes. Sure I'd love me some Snake Jazz too but as-is, Love Potion #9 is the wizard mode and all the current code is fully fleshed out and amazing in every respect. My copy is bolted to the floor and it's no secret that Spooky cares more about its customers than any other manufacturer selling pins today. No reasonable consumer should have anything to complain about. Enjoy your games.

Curious how would you know...or are you just assuming? Eric wasn't the only one working on the game and I don't think he was spending all of his time devoted to fixing the flipper inconsistencies. Adult swim and HBO animation merged Spring of last year. I would think a change in leadership at Time Warner could of had an effect on the Rick and Morty IP. Who knows...it is all speculation. But to say that the owners asking for some fixes to rapid flips and knockdown is the reason why content was cut short is ridiculous.

#17016 2 years ago

And in the end, a change to the physical geometry of the flipper mech provided more material improvements than any of that other shit

You are very mistaken. Flipper action became much better after the consultation with Gerry, regardless of bushings or anything else. I didn't even replace my bushings til just before Pincinnati... the code update fixed the collapse and weakness issues I was experiencing.

#17017 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Eric wasn't the only one working on the game

Oh, but he was.

#17018 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh, but he was.

Well I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification Eric. In that case I hope that things like flipper code weren't getting in the way of adding additional content. Of course the only people that know are behind the scenes and aren't releasing any new information. It is a shame because the owner's thread has sort of devolved into a guessing game.

#17019 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:Well I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification Eric. In that case I hope that things like flipper code weren't getting in the way of adding additional content. Of course the only people that know are behind the scenes and aren't releasing any new information. It is a shame because the owner's thread has sort of devolved into a guessing game.

It's a "guessing game" because owners and pinballers are speculating about shit. The programmers and spooky staff still have zero need to come in here and put the record straight for anyone anymore after 2 years. But they still do.....

#17020 2 years ago
PNG image (resized).pngPNG image (resized).png
#17021 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Well I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification Eric. In that case I hope that things like flipper code weren't getting in the way of adding additional content. Of course the only people that know are behind the scenes and aren't releasing any new information. It is a shame because the owner's thread has sort of devolved into a guessing game.

Even after Eric corrects you, you "hope that things like flipper code weren't getting in the way of adding additional content.". Really?

Dialing in the flippers with corrected bushings and software was foundational. Flippers that "fall back" don't fly, and fortunately Eric resolved the problems many of us were experiencing.

The game is a freaking masterpiece. Just love the rules/scoring...so much more fun than the GNRLE. GNRLE is no doubt gorgeous, but so hard to love. The scoring is just f-ing stupid. Bowen's work on R&M scoring is just so well done.

#17022 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Even after Eric corrects you, you "hope that things like flipper code weren't getting in the way of adding additional content.". Really?
Dialing in the flippers with corrected bushings and software was foundational. Flippers that "fall back" don't fly, and fortunately Eric resolved the problems many of us were experiencing.
The game is a freaking masterpiece. Just love the rules/scoring...so much more fun than the GNRLE. GNRLE is no doubt gorgeous, but so hard to love. The scoring is just f-ing stupid. Bowen's work on R&M scoring is just so well done.

There was nothing wrong with the flippers in the beginning aside from sitting too high. I agree the game is awesome. I don’t know why you’re mentioning GnR but yeah, I enjoy R&M more than GnR.

#17023 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There was nothing wrong with the flippers in the beginning aside from sitting too high. I agree the game is awesome. I don’t know why you’re mentioning GnR but yeah, I enjoy R&M more than GnR.

Somewhat correct, but there was some point where after a code upgrade lots of people had issues no matter what settings they had. That caused some contention about what the issues were. The bushings had nothing to do with it. It would happen from the very first filp. I know that when I first got my game the flipper drops were minor and very rare, then after a particular update they just started happening constantly to the point it was frustrating to play. Fortunately, it was all resolved and the game is a masterpiece.

#17024 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You are wrong on the flipper issue, but I'm not going to rehash it (since it's old news).

I mention GNR because it has a lot of "meh modes" (Slash solo, album modes). OTOH, I enjoy all the R&M modes (and feel it's a complete game as it stands).

This idea that adding modes is purely a licensing issue is misguided. Making a mode shine takes real work/thought! From my perspective, that's the heart of the "art of pinball". Sure, we all focus on the superficial stuff (like PF/cabinet art), but making a game with a soul is collaborative (i.e. not just a coding issue). So, yeah, I bring GNR up because on the surface is incredible, but it doesn't have a soul that makes me want to play it much. JJP continues to invest in the code, but it's highly unlikely all the "meh modes" will ever be fixed (or the abysmal scoring).

#17025 2 years ago

Looking for a bit of tech help…

I’m in the middle of replacing my flipper bushings, I had to remove the flipper coil holder plate to get to the bottom of the bushing as it has a nut securing it.

I’m reassembling the plate and the wood screws that go into the bottom of the play field are different lengths, would anyone happen to know which length goes where in the plate.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I’m working on the upper right flipper that shoots the garage.

#17026 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

Looking for a bit of tech help…
I’m in the middle of replacing my flipper bushings, I had to remove the flipper coil holder plate to get to the bottom of the bushing as it has a nut securing it.
I’m reassembling the plate and the wood screws that go into the bottom of the play field are different lengths, would anyone happen to know which length goes where in the plate.
Thank you in advance!
Edit: I’m working on the upper right flipper that shoots the garage.

The longer screws are used in areas of the PF that aren't visible (like under the slings).

#17027 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The longer screws are used in areas of the PF that aren't visible (like under the slings).

That was my thought as well but this plate is right under the PF at the right orbit entrance.

I ended up looking at the holes and there are larger screw holes in the south side of the PF (by sight).

With the PF raised and resting against the head, I put the larger screws along the south side of the plate. Looking at the other screws for the other coils didn’t help me determine which ones went where.

None of the screws when in the bracket are long enough to pierce the PF.

#17028 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Casual:

None of the screws when in the bracket are long enough to pierce the PF.

True, BUT they are long enough to *potentially* create a reverse dimple. If they weren't, Spooky wouldn't have used shorter screws in the visible areas.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/184#post-6023599

#17029 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I had the same experience when replacing the flipper bushings: Even though I've learned long ago to be very careful & observant when disassembling things, I've been caught off-guard with this nuanced hardware. Keeps me on my toes and learning! Just one more reason I've always enjoyed working on my games.

#17030 2 years ago

Anyone happen have the Mr Meeseeks set of 12 christmas ornaments or any of the Meeseeks mod characters and willing to sell? Please DM me.
Thank you.

#17031 2 years ago

I just got around to putting in my Pin Monk Quiet Fan...

Holy shitballs. What a huge difference.

#17032 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Holy crap, I know right? While it was a bit tedious as far as getting the PS out of the machine to do it, it was well worth it!

#17033 2 years ago

Really regret missing out on this pin and while there are a few for sale prices are up there…. How about a Rick and Marty enhanced addition……. Spooky gets to make more machines…. Everyone gets new extended code.

#17034 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Really regret missing out on this pin and while there are a few for sale prices are up there…. How about a Rick and Marty enhanced addition……. Spooky gets to make more machines…. Everyone gets new extended code.

I think they already have licenses for their next couple of games so unless you want to wait four years for a snowballs chance in hell of that happening better bite the bullet and pay current prices for one. Maybe you could temp trade for one in your local area instead of buying.

#17035 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Really regret missing out on this pin and while there are a few for sale prices are up there….

My advice would be to grab one when you can.

At the very least, put up a WTB with what you are wiling you pay clearly listed and hope someone hits you up.

Really can't believe anyone would let one go, though. This thing just doesn't get old. Literally have to force myself to play my other machines.

#17036 2 years ago

Well I'm at the end of my rope with my R&M, unboxed it for the kids at Christmas and it has been a pain in the ass from day one. The machine ends the ball during play and gives extra ball during play, optic board, connector, switch I haven't found it yet. Zero help from Spooky, new machine that is POS out of the box. Anyone find the magic fix for this?

#17037 2 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

Well I'm at the end of my rope with my R&M, unboxed it for the kids at Christmas and it has been a pain in the ass from day one. The machine ends the ball during play and gives extra ball during play, optic board, connector, switch I haven't found it yet. Zero help from Spooky, new machine that is POS out of the box. Anyone find the magic fix for this?

Go to switch test and smack the game around. See if the trough’s switch or the shooter lane switches (or both) fire. Outside of that it’s a bit of a crapshoot. My R&M was super frustrating but I finally got it sorted and like it a lot now. Good luck.

#17038 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Yup! Posted before, but worth a relink

#17039 2 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

You should try contacting Spooky again...they were always very responsive to my issues. The dial-in period can be a PITA - for me, it was worth the effort. Hope Spooky responds to you...good luck.

#17040 2 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

Ending ball + spitting out extra means it has to be a trough issue, right? I'd double check ALL the connectors in that area, make sure they're seated well and make sure the wires are punched down properly. It's gotta just be something flakey down there, that's not an issue I've seen mentioned in this thread before.

#17041 2 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

Newbie here..... I have a similiar scenario, got this for the kids for Christmas NIB and have had various problems since day 1. Latest issue I cannot not figure out is this weekend fired up the game, it boots fine into attract mode, but when you press start to begin, it goes into and keeps repeating its "searching for balls" mode like its missing a ball.

I manually ejected all the balls through the service menu, checked for obstructions and all the basic connections related to the ball trough area and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix ? I thought maybe the software was "stuck" in this mode and I would be able to perform a hard reset of sorts beyond just powering down and cycling the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#17042 2 years ago
Quoted from TC-5:

Newbie here..... I have a similiar scenario, got this for the kids for Christmas NIB and have had various problems since day 1. Latest issue I cannot not figure out is this weekend fired up the game, it boots fine into attract mode, but when you press start to begin, it goes into and keeps repeating its "searching for balls" mode like its missing a ball.

Silly question, but how many balls did you install? This game takes 5 balls, but for some odd reason, my game has a sticker to install 4!

B08EEC41-A962-4E46-8897-0FCB1EA6FB09 (resized).jpegB08EEC41-A962-4E46-8897-0FCB1EA6FB09 (resized).jpeg
#17043 2 years ago
Quoted from TC-5:

I manually ejected all the balls through the service menu, checked for obstructions and all the basic connections related to the ball trough area and still nothing. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix ? I thought maybe the software was "stuck" in this mode and I would be able to perform a hard reset of sorts beyond just powering down and cycling the game.

Just to check the easy stuff first, did you remember to put an extra ball in for the portal?

#17044 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Silly question, but how many balls did you install? This game takes 5 balls, but for some odd reason, my game has a sticker to install 4![quoted image]

4 in the trough and 1 in the subway (the garage shot) to make 5!

Guess I got lucky with our game? The only weird thing it ever does is intermittently behaves like I'm Death Saving, but after the ball has drained, at end of the ball.

#17045 2 years ago
Quoted from TC-5:

As everyone else said, 4 balls go in trough, the other goes in the portal.

#17046 2 years ago

After replacing all the rubbers in the game from the factory ones to Titan Glow in the Dark rubbers, it’s time to replace again. As much as I love the look of the Titan GITDs upon initial install or after cleanings, they sure do show dirt something fierce. And I’m not sure if it’s the formula of the GITD rubber vs Titans in traditional colors, but the two post rubbers in front of the car scoop and the tips of the flipper rubbers are fraking shredded. It’s true, this game gets it’s fair share of play, but I thought they would hold up better. I’m considering going to purple or back to factory black.

So for all you other Mortys out there. What rubbers are you using? Please keep your soul bonding rubber choices to yourself.

#17047 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

After replacing all the rubbers in the game from the factory ones to Titan Glow in the Dark rubbers, it’s time to replace again. As much as I love the look of the Titan GITDs upon initial install or after cleanings, they sure do show dirt something fierce. And I’m not sure if it’s the formula of the GITD rubber vs Titans in traditional colors, but the two post rubbers in front of the car scoop and the tips of the flipper rubbers are fraking shredded. It’s true, this game gets it’s fair share of play, but I thought they would hold up better. I’m considering going to purple or back to factory black.
So for all you other Mortys out there. What rubbers are you using? Please keep your soul bonding rubber choices to yourself.

I went with purple superbands on my posts, they hold up unreal.

#17048 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Super bands on the flippers, and yes the two posts by the spaceship wear out super fast. I just bought extra titan (Stern skinny) and replace them often. When they wear out again, I will change all the posts to these.

https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-thin-stern-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

#17049 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

As everyone else said, 4 balls go in trough, the other goes in the portal.

Thank You all for the helpful suggestions.

I confirmed the game does have 5 balls in it, 4 in the trough and 1 in the portal and was working fine up until this weekend as I said we powered it up and now its stuck in a loop looking for balls when trying to start a game.

After your suggestions this afternoon I once again manually ejected all 5 of the balls via the utilities menu and reloaded 4 into the trough and 1 into the portal and fired the game back up to no success. Still endlessly cycles "looking for balls" when you push the start button to begin game.

During its ball search, it actually kicks the ball out of the portal down the drain so Im not sure if that ball stays there during game play regarless of mode or multiball you may be in ?

Thanks in advance for any more possible insight. Next step I will try to contact Spooky support

TC

#17050 2 years ago
Quoted from TC-5:

Thank You all for the helpful suggestions.
I confirmed the game does have 5 balls in it, 4 in the trough and 1 in the portal and was working fine up until this weekend as I said we powered it up and now its stuck in a loop looking for balls when trying to start a game.
After your suggestions this afternoon I once again manually ejected all 5 of the balls via the utilities menu and reloaded 4 into the trough and 1 into the portal and fired the game back up to no success. Still endlessly cycles "looking for balls" when you push the start button to begin game.
During its ball search, it actually kicks the ball out of the portal down the drain so Im not sure if that ball stays there during game play regarless of mode or multiball you may be in ?
Thanks in advance for any more possible insight. Next step I will try to contact Spooky support
TC

Sounds like a switch isn't getting depressed in your launch ball holder (what's this actual name?) - did you check those? It's not registering 1 of the 4 waiting to feed into the launcher.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Trade
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/341?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.