(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 405.
#16951 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I'm not a huge Rick and Morty fan, but my husband is. For those of you who have this game, is it worth what ones on the used market are going for? He wants one.

I can't speak to how long prices will continue to go up or if they will continue. Can say that #RNM is a great game - as already mentioned, it's hard to beat (I haven't yet & doubt I ever will) but the theme, call-outs, video tie-in to game play and adventures, makes this a game hard to stop playing. Even though I enjoy my other Spooky games (HW & ACNC) I think RNM is truly my favorite. I paid $9,500 last June/July and if you check pinside sales history you'll see what the range has been recently. Still think the game is worth it especially if you plan to hold onto it for a long time. Game has needed a lot of tweaking to make a few impossible shots possible. I'm obviously not objective enough.

#16952 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I'm not a huge Rick and Morty fan, but my husband is. For those of you who have this game, is it worth what ones on the used market are going for? He wants one.

Tough thread to ask, I think you'll get mostly positive replies here. It's a great theme and the integration is done really well (the shots line up in the modes to some of the beats from the episodes. It's very thoughtful). It is not a easy shooter and I'd say downright brutal to get great scores on. For me, that keeps me coming back... for some, it's more a turn off. The game build quality is uneven and most had issues out of the box. Once it's dialed in though it's a great game. I can't imagine getting rid of ours.

From your posted location we're not far up the road from you. I'd invite you up to try it in a month if the Covid numbers start dropping (and you haven't already bought one yet ) to see if it's a good fit.

#16953 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Works unbelievably phenomenal!!! Floor fan on high!!!! Game shooting amazing with 0 power lose!!!!
[quoted image]

I have this on mine, but I rarely need to bother turning it on.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Operated-Adjustable-Flexibility-Wearable/dp/B0893WXFWX/ref=sr_1_8

#16954 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Worth is always what someone is willing to pay. My Son is obsessed w the show, and I knew the game was brutal. Picked up one on the higher price side ( BS w butter cab)....zero regrets. He plays more ( when home), and the machine is a blast to play, as it destroys me.

Doubt you will be disappointed.....I love the thing...

#16955 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Tough thread to ask, I think you'll get mostly positive replies here. It's a great theme and the integration is done really well (the shots line up in the modes to some of the beats from the episodes. It's very thoughtful). It is not a easy shooter and I'd say downright brutal to get great scores on. For me, that keeps me coming back... for some, it's more a turn off. The game build quality is uneven and most had issues out of the box. Once it's dialed in though it's a great game. I can't imagine getting rid of ours.
From your posted location we're not far up the road from you. I'd invite you up to try it in a month if the Covid numbers start dropping (and you haven't already bought one yet ) to see if it's a good fit.

When Omicron is more under control, Frank and I would love to take you up on that! We need more pinball friends in NE!

I have a HW on the way myself. Counting the days!

#16956 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Worth is always what someone is willing to pay. My Son is obsessed w the show, and I knew the game was brutal. Picked up one on the higher price side ( BS w butter cab)....zero regrets. He plays more ( when home), and the machine is a blast to play, as it destroys me.
Doubt you will be disappointed.....I love the thing...

Don’t hate me, but I’m not a huge fan of the show! I mean, the horse breeding machine episode last season was WTF.

I mean, but that Flu song is in the game and that’s awesome.

#16957 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

When Omicron is more under control, Frank and I would love to take you up on that! We need more pinball friends in NE!
I have a HW on the way myself. Counting the days!

Sounds great! We have a good community out here. Very jealous for your Halloween -- enjoy!

#16958 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Don’t hate me, but I’m not a huge fan of the show! I mean, the horse breeding machine episode last season was WTF.
I mean, but that Flu song is in the game and that’s awesome.

Ha...no hate, lol. My Son loves the show...it's grown on me as many clips are in the game ( theme integration is amazing) so needed to watch the show to understand everything a bit better.

Easily one of the most abrasive, weird cartoons I've watched ( and adult mode on the machine is even worse, lol).

There is some witty humor amongst the craziness on occasion, so it does get " easier" to watch after awhile. Alot of the episodes make cringe and laugh ( oddly)

If you can get to that point, you'll absolutely love the game. It really stands on its own gameplay wise.....very fast, great shooter, with great callouts, lightshow, etc.

Have a HW coming soon as well....very excited.

R&M is a bad boy ....a great , brutal ride..

#16959 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I don't watch the show, but really enjoy the game. As for worth the cost, that's a question you'll have to answer for yourself. No way I'd (personally) pay 13K, but if I sold it, I'd ask $13K!

#16960 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't watch the show, but really enjoy the game. As for worth the cost, that's a question you'll have to answer for yourself. No way I'd (personally) pay 13K, but if I sold it, I'd ask $13K!

I can honestly say I paid 11.5k NIB BSE for it 8 months ago ( before shipping costs lol) then added a few mods. Yeah I know the price is quite higher then what was MSRP when available but key word was WHEN available and unlike JJP and a few other companies but when Spooky says limited to a certain number being made that's the number period.

Every so often one will pop up as new titles are announced, but this game is special and becoming harder to find as people are enjoying them and keeping them. Of course if ridiculous price tag offers come in, then stupid cash might be hard to turn down too

#16961 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I can honestly say I paid 11.5k NIB BSE for it 8 months ago ( before shipping costs lol) then added a few mods. Yeah I know the price is quite higher then what was MSRP when available but key word was WHEN available and unlike JJP and a few other companies but when Spooky says limited to a certain number being made that's the number period.
Every so often one will pop up as new titles are announced, but this game is special and becoming harder to find as people are enjoying them and keeping them. Of course if ridiculous price tag offers come in, then stupid cash might be hard to turn down too

Ditto - I paid a bit higher than that for a NIB BSE butter cab w all the factory mods as well not long ago. Hindsight is always 20/20, and they only made so many...not easy to find, and doubt I'd take a nose dive if/ when the time comes to get rid of these things. I don't buy them to flip...just a hobby for me.

Already have "stupid money" out already, lol....just want to enjoy them while the opportunity is there. For me, kinda all goes away when I hit "start" or start tinkering with them. I play this game nightly since owning it and have a blast when doing so....all one can ask.

#16962 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto - I paid a bit higher than that for a NIB BSE butter cab w all the factory mods as well not long ago. Hindsight is always 20/20, and they only made so many...not easy to find, and doubt I'd take a nose dive if/ when the time comes to get rid of these things. I don't buy them to flip...just a hobby for me.
Already have "stupid money" out already, lol....just want to enjoy them while the opportunity is there. For me, kinda all goes away when I hit "start" or start tinkering with them. I play this game nightly since owning it and have a blast when doing so....all one can ask.

Agreed, I do have mine up for sale what I have into at the moment. It's not a 100% for certain decision for if I do sell it I'm also selling my whole collection and leaving the hobby. However I'm having a hard time in my mind if this is something that I really want to do as of now..... and thank God it's not for health or financial reasons where its a forced decision. It's more of I do want a brand new pickup truck and would have my collection pay it off outright, but shit I can't get a truck right now if I wanted to with all the shortages so I'm back in the no hurry boat lol.

#16963 2 years ago

Agreed, I do have mine up for sale what I have into at the moment. It's not a 100% for certain decision for if I do sell it I'm also selling my whole collection and leaving the hobby. However I'm having a hard time in my mind if this is something that I really want to do as of now..... and thank God it's not for health or financial reasons where its a forced decision. It's more of I do want a brand new pickup truck and would have my collection pay it off outright, but shit I can't get a truck right now if I wanted to with all the shortages so I'm back in the no hurry boat lol.

I contemplate the same thing about once a month ( have a truck already though, lol). I swear I love my WCS as much as my most expensive machine, so it's more about a change in the journey for me while still possible. Have a sweet Halloween coming and that's it.

Health good, don't need the $$$, but can't decide if I'd truly be happy giving up my only real hobby ( boring life, I know) just yet. The thought of moving all of these things is what has kept me at a definite "no" currently, but certainly a day closer to when it actually happens. Seems like I blinked my eyes and went from 1 to around 25 games....crazy.

Best of luck if someone takes your offer and you decide to pull the plug...

#16964 2 years ago

Question for the forum, I've chipped away at this game for a while now and improved my skills to the point that I can get through the card pretty well, 15 or 20 times so far, and then seem to advance only a couple of more adventures before finishing, 80M top score at 6.7% incline. Fast, furious, fun gameplay, always pushing the tilt envelope on this one, sometimes with a slam save from an outlane. It sits right next to my STLE, which has similar geometry. I like that I can get through it, but is there more at the end of the next card? Would love to hear more of Scott's music in the game. Code seems really complete, haven't done the latest update.

#16965 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Question for the forum, I've chipped away at this game for a while now and improved my skills to the point that I can get through the card pretty well, 15 or 20 times so far, and then seem to advance only a couple of more adventures before finishing, 80M top score at 6.7% incline. Fast, furious, fun gameplay, always pushing the tilt envelope on this one, sometimes with a slam save from an outlane. It sits right next to my STLE, which has similar geometry. I like that I can get through it, but is there more at the end of the next card? Would love to hear more of Scott's music in the game. Code seems really complete, haven't done the latest update.

What I did was just make my settings tougher and start my games with only 2 stamps so that I can maximize my multiplier when making it to Love Potion #9. I concentrate on trying to get a completely green Morty card. I've been close but haven't quite done it yet. There really isn't much to do when you start over on a new card so I try to make the first card as challenging and rewarding as possible.

#16966 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What I did was just make my settings tougher and start my games with only 2 stamps so that I can maximize my multiplier when making it to Love Potion #9. I concentrate on trying to get a completely green Morty card. I've been close but haven't quite done it yet. There really isn't much to do when you start over on a new card so I try to make the first card as challenging and rewarding as possible.

Great advice! I’ll give that a try, cool that the code allows this adjustment.

#16967 2 years ago

I collect classic Porsches, so I totally get selling it for a truck.

Something I love about pinball is it's so similar to collecting cars. These hold their value, so it's always just trading what you have for what you want.

#16968 2 years ago

A new code was recently released? Where can you find the one from July?

#16969 2 years ago

Does anyone know how many BS edition and standard editions got produced?
I had heard that the standard is actually the rarer as most folk ordered the BS ‍♂️

#16970 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Does anyone know how many BS edition and standard editions got produced?
I had heard that the standard is actually the rarer as most folk ordered the BS ‍♂️

714 BSE models not counting some of the test units. 36 of the standard units

#16971 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

I had heard that the standard is actually the rarer as most folk ordered the BS

Oh, yeah. It is not even close. There are very few Standard Editions floating around.

#16972 2 years ago

Oh wow ... thanks for the info
I ended up with a standard edition...

#16973 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Oh, yeah. It is not even close. There are very few Standard Editions floating around.

You mean, the best edition?

#16974 2 years ago

Also proud owner of a standard edition, really love the trim!

#16975 2 years ago

Couple questions:

1. Is anyone else experiencing a crazy amount of wires breaking off of coils? I've had it happen to both flippers and a sling so far, maybe the pop bumper. I've resoldered so many wires now I forget which ones. Different wires Everytime though. Not sure if it's just bad solder work/bad quality solder from the factory or if the wire isn't able to handle the heat or what. Maybe this is a fault of not using an eos switch in the design? Or maybe it's just my game so curious if others are experiencing this.

2. I heard a rumour that they stopped working on code for rick and Morty? I hope this is false and just a rumour as we don't have a wizard mode yet, and the design was made to leave room for future seasons to introduce new modes which is a unique awesome idea to add many years of longevity to this game if it were to happen. Hoping someone official from spooky can chime in on this answer.

All in all it is a fun hilarious game with a unique flow that unfortunately some people haven't taken the time to find and recognize. I think the bounciness of spooky games, possibly due to the rubbers used, throw people off because they do not feel like other manufacturers games. Spooky pinball has a feel all their own and it's not bad. I've always thought gotlieb machines had a feel all their own as well. Stern and Williams feel very similar to me. Anyway, I'm rambling, so fuck yeah pinball!

#16976 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Couple questions:
1. Is anyone else experiencing a crazy amount of wires breaking off of coils? I've had it happen to both flippers and a sling so far, maybe the pop bumper. I've resoldered so many wires now I forget which ones. Different wires Everytime though. Not sure if it's just bad solder work/bad quality solder from the factory or if the wire isn't able to handle the heat or what. Maybe this is a fault of not using an eos switch in the design? Or maybe it's just my game so curious if others are experiencing this.
2. I heard a rumour that they stopped working on code for rick and Morty? I hope this is false and just a rumour as we don't have a wizard mode yet, and the design was made to leave room for future seasons to introduce new modes which is a unique awesome idea to add many years of longevity to this game if it were to happen. Hoping someone official from spooky can chime in on this answer.
All in all it is a fun hilarious game with a unique flow that unfortunately some people haven't taken the time to find and recognize. I think the bounciness of spooky games, possibly due to the rubbers used, throw people off because they do not feel like other manufacturers games. Spooky pinball has a feel all their own and it's not bad. I've always thought gotlieb machines had a feel all their own as well. Stern and Williams feel very similar to me. Anyway, I'm rambling, so fuck yeah pinball!

No, I have not had wires break. Maybe one ever. And it happens on all pins.

New code came out like a week and a half ago.

#16977 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Couple questions:

Iirc - Rick and Morty - the show - was sold and the new ownership is being difficult to work with regarding more content for the game. Aside from bug fixes I believe the code mode wise, is where it will remain.

#16978 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

This!

#16979 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Couple questions:

I have ~1000 plays and haven't lost one coil wire. Can't imagine what failing solder joints would have to do with the eos design (or lack thereof).

Don't really understand why people claim R&M doesn't have a wizard mode. For me, getting all the adventure cards results in a wizard mode (where you can play "Rick Potion #9" or select from all the other modes). I rarely get there, so it seems to qualify as a wizard mode.

#16980 2 years ago

I just rewatched this R&M tutorial and picked up a few things. Reminded me of the brilliant rules and scoring on R&M...so well done.

#16981 2 years ago

If only we could get an official answer from Spooky regarding whether we should consider code complete (new adventures, new dimensions, new Mortys). Not talking bug fixes and patches, I’m speaking to additional content other than “unused callouts”.

It continues to be asked, and the same dead horse continues to mutter back, “I’m happy with where the code is at, we should consider it complete”, but the reason it keeps being asked is because it was alluded to early on in this game’s history that there could be additional content added after the games are all built, and as seasons are released. Are we in for a treat, or are we out and onto the next?

Also related to R&M, when will there be a release of the much anticipated User Manual for this pin? No need for a paper copy, but having access to a PDF to reference should would come in handy.

#16982 2 years ago

I think we can fully assume that there won't be any more content. And I am fully content with that. also, the english language is a joke

#16983 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

If only we could get an official answer from Spooky regarding whether we should consider code complete (new adventures, new dimensions, new Mortys). Not talking bug fixes and patches, I’m speaking to additional content other than “unused callouts”.
It continues to be asked, and the same dead horse continues to mutter back, “I’m happy with where the code is at, we should consider it complete”, but the reason it keeps being asked is because it was alluded to early on in this game’s history that there could be additional content added after the games are all built, and as seasons are released. Are we in for a treat, or are we out and onto the next?
Also related to R&M, when will there be a release of the much anticipated User Manual for this pin? No need for a paper copy, but having access to a PDF to reference should would come in handy.

I think if there was 100% no more content they would say.

Hoping the situation is that more content has been programmed, but it's not got through new ownership.

So, it may or may not happen and Spooky cannot confirm or deny.

#16984 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just rewatched this R&M tutorial and picked up a few things. Reminded me of the brilliant rules and scoring on R&M...so well done.

Thanks for posting,always an excellent tutor,

#16985 2 years ago

Is it possible to get some of the bonuses like “get Jessica’s phone number”

#16986 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is it possible to get some of the bonuses like “get Jessica’s phone number”

Oh course! And boy, is it awesome!

#16987 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Pick up the phone and call them. You’ll get your answer.

#16988 2 years ago

Totally a a guess here, but I'm thinking the license expired at end of 2021. I think Eric was holding the early Jan bugfix release til the end, just in case their content was approved.

Hope I'm wrong but the game is fine the way it is so no biggie.

#16989 2 years ago

How are people blowing up their scores, apart from the obvious of getting to the 10th card?

Curious to hear any strategies as most of the time it's hard to break 20 million!

#16990 2 years ago

Start a mission and make the shots , change dimension , collect mega seeds , and meeseeks , make it with a mutiball .. all in a row
Your score will blow up

#16991 2 years ago

If you get Scary Terry, bring in gromflomite and/or meeseeks mb ASAP, shoot nothing but purple shots and the meeseeks target to add multipliers. As soon as you hear "boy he sure says bitch a lot" avoid hitting the scoop above all else, at least til multiball is over, you'll push phase 2 shots to huge values. After mb start phase 2, add meeseeks to the purple shots and cash in.

st (resized).pngst (resized).png
#16992 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How are people blowing up their scores, apart from the obvious of getting to the 10th card?
Curious to hear any strategies as most of the time it's hard to break 20 million!

For me - every game first i'm going for the flooblecrank and locking two balls as quick as I can. Then if I can change dimension and then hit the scoop to start mode. Now at least i'm doing three things at once. And many times, as your in Grofolomite MB,you'll also inadvertently start Meeseeks MB in the process. And then If I can hit jackpots and meeseeks all the while finishing the mode. And repeat, repeat.....

#16993 2 years ago

1. Get megaseeds.
2. Get megaseeds.
3. Get megaseeds.

#16994 2 years ago

I like to get 2 balls locked, don't start multiball, get an adventure ready, but not started. Then get to a new dimension and then hit the scoop to start the adventure & multiball and go for megaseeds. Try to keep moving to new dimensions while in multiballs. As Eric said. Megaseeds. Megaseeds, Megaseeds

#16995 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I like to get 2 balls locked, don't start multiball, get an adventure ready, but not started. Then get to a new dimension and then hit the scoop to start the adventure & multiball and go for megaseeds. Try to keep moving to new dimensions while in multiballs. As Eric said. Megaseeds. Megaseeds, Megaseeds

Shove 'em right up your ass!!! As many as you can!!!

#16996 2 years ago

The most I’ve crammed is only 14…or should I say the wife’s name reads as champ with 14!

#16997 2 years ago

You need to fondle more balls.

#16998 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You need to fondle more balls.

Yeah, the Ball Fondler award also with her name is currently only at 9. Tough to keep that second ball out so I can keep fondling.

#16999 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Same! We decided to go standard because we liked the look of the grey powder coat better, makes it feel more like Rick's ship.

More or less what has already been said, this is how I score the big points:
Order of importance: Megaseeds>jump dimensions>Meeseeks>Gromflomite mball>Adventures

Megaseeds multiplies your score at end of ball...you gotta get me those seeds Morty!
Jumping dimensions lights the Megaseeds (and the EB).
Meeseeks for multiplier (and mball).
Gromflomite mball...because MULTIBALL!!!
Once you have all of these things, then you can start your adventure for the real points!

#17000 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I want a hot glue dimension.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 13,500.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/340?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.