(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 405.
#16901 2 years ago

What is the part number for those drop target switches? I can’t quite tell if they are just generic micro switches or something specific. I’ll go help Medik8 out since I know where he lives .

#16902 2 years ago

Was playing a game today on the most recent code drop and the game froze on Ball 3 (flippers were dead, no audio, video was frozen). When I rebooted everything went back to normal.

Not suggesting it's a new bug. Anyone else have this happen?

IMG_0231 (resized).jpegIMG_0231 (resized).jpeg
#16903 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Was playing a game today on the most recent code drop and the game froze on Ball 3 (flippers were dead, no audio, video was frozen). When I rebooted everything went back to normal.
[quoted image]

Now that you mention it I did have that happen. At the time I was just like "Uh, that was strange.." and power cycled the machine.

#16904 2 years ago

Put a USB stick in, it will dump the logs. Check the end of the file for error messages. If you've played since then, the log will have grown and you'll have to dig back through the log to the time of crash. Hopefully it was able to write an entry before hanging.

#16905 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Put a USB stick in, it will dump the logs. Check the end of the file for error messages. If you've played since then, the log will have grown and you'll have to dig back through the log to the time of crash. Hopefully it was able to write an entry before hanging.

Hangs don’t log anything - it’s probably an infinite loop situation. Only crash/restart throws useful info in the log.

#16906 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image]

same exact thing happened to me tonight for the 1st time… right as I was about to get to Love Potion #9 for the 1st time.

(Last time I updated code was July)

#16907 2 years ago

So question my Rick and Morty seems to get dirty very quickly much quicker than the other 20+ games in my collection. I'm constantly cleaning up black playfield dust on it. Anyone else seem to have this issue. May switch to pinball life clear rubbers to see if it makes a difference. Just a weird occurrence especially taking the plastics off the inlanes what a pita each time it needs a cleaning!.
Regards,
Al

#16908 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

So question my Rick and Morty seems to get dirty very quickly much quicker than the other 20+ games in my collection. I'm constantly cleaning up black playfield dust on it. Anyone else seem to have this issue. May switch to pinball life clear rubbers to see if it makes a difference. Just a weird occurrence especially taking the plastics off the inlanes what a pita each time it needs a cleaning!.
Regards,
Al

YUP, because I play it more!

#16909 2 years ago

Code question - I could have sworn that my previous code (before the latest update) allowed me to only hit one ramp before an adventure would trigger (first time only - ball one). The next adventure would always require two. Now, on ball one, the game is allowing me to start the adventure right away. I liked the old way better. Any way to change this? I checked the adventure options and I've tried many but none appear to revert back. Maybe I'm overlooking it?

#16910 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Regards,
Al

I haven't noticed this....but I think most will agree that the rubbers on this take a beating and wear down fast which is probably contributing to what you are seeing.

#16911 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Code question - I could have sworn that my previous code (before the latest update) allowed me to only hit one ramp before an adventure would trigger (first time only - ball one). The next adventure would always require two. Now, on ball one, the game is allowing me to start the adventure right away. I liked the old way better. Any way to change this? I checked the adventure options and I've tried many but none appear to revert back. Maybe I'm overlooking it?

Rick & Morty (Feature):

'Adventure Auto-Light on Ball Number':
options: ['DISABLED', 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
default: 1
desc: 'Light adventure if player has 0 played adventures.'

'Adventure Easy Qualify Count':
options: [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
default: 2
desc: 'Number of adventures that only require 1 ramp to light.'

The easy qualify count includes any played adventure - so by default, that first one you get free is also counted in the easy count.

#16912 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Like someone else said, it might - at least for me - be that R&M gets far more play than any of my other games. But, I too have noticed that I need to take the glass off every couple weeks minimum to clean. Once a month I will remove plastics and the house and the subways and clean then up. Regardless of how thoroughly I clean it, the ball, the rubbers, and everything it is visibly dirty within a dozen plays max. I think the game just needs cleaned more often. Ever played one on a route? The route R&M machines around me are always super grimy.

#16913 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Like someone else said, it might - at least for me - be that R&M gets far more play than any of my other games. But, I too have noticed that I need to take the glass off every couple weeks minimum to clean. Once a month I will remove plastics and the house and the subways and clean then up. Regardless of how thoroughly I clean it, the ball, the rubbers, and everything it is visibly dirty within a dozen plays max. I think the game just needs cleaned more often. Ever played one on a route? The route R&M machines around me are always super grimy.

Odd, my R&M doesn't play dirty. The spinning disk in TRON/KISS markups the PF and lead to more cleanings than R&M.

#16914 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Yeah, I have noticed this too. I normally assume it's black rubber on a game being the main cause of the issue and swap them out. The only spot on R&M I think (at least on my game) is the stop at the end of the plastic ramp above the right in lane. I've wondered if that might be the main culprit.

#16915 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Yeah, I have noticed this too. I normally assume it's black rubber on a game being the main cause of the issue and swap them out. The only spot on R&M I think (at least on my game) is the stop at the end of the plastic ramp above the right in lane. I've wondered if that might be the main culprit

I thought it was the black rubbers too. But I have changed all of mine out to Neon Green or clear so there are no black rubbers to mark it up. Although I would hope they are non-marking rubber regardless. I was sure the issue was dirt in the subway or maybe my ramp not getting clean enough under the airball protector but I have more than once taken all those parts off and cleaned them thoroughly. It is odd because my older games (Xenon, Meteor, GE and Breakshot) almost never need cleaned (like every 6-10 months). I do grant that I play easily 4x more on R&M, it is the one game that gets turned on virtually everyday.

#16916 2 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Yeah, I have noticed this too. I normally assume it's black rubber on a game being the main cause of the issue and swap them out. The only spot on R&M I think (at least on my game) is the stop at the end of the plastic ramp above the right in lane. I've wondered if that might be the main culprit.

Mine came with clear rubber from Spooky off the factory floor

#16917 2 years ago

I had the same issue with the right drop target not resetting but working in test. Then I went to the switch test and it didn't register drops. Slight adjustment later and it's all good.

#16918 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Mine came with clear rubber from Spooky off the factory floor

Yeah I think mind did too.... except for that rubber stop at the end of the ramp.

#16919 2 years ago

My pin gets super dirty, super fast. I switched out the rubbers that came with it for glow in the dark Titans throughout. Talk about dirty. I see black streaks all over my machine…ball trails, rubbers with black dirt stripes. I’ve cleaned EVERYTHING, even removing the portal and subway to get in there. Ninja balls buffed out. PF waxed.
STILL! I feel like Zebra Morty…..ahh geez

I’m not going to rant how my Titan flipper rubbers have been getting decimated on the tips, like a rat eating away rubber tubing if they climb into your car’s engine compartment.

Play less? I think not!

#16920 2 years ago

The flipper rubbers are likely the source of the dirt.

I took my R&M to pincinnati and it came back pretty clean after being played most of the show. But, I had changed the cheap Spooky black flipper rubbers out for some Happ black rubbers, those barely wore and as I said, not much dirt.

#16921 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The flipper rubbers are likely the source of the dirt.
I took my R&M to pincinnati and it came back pretty clean after being played most of the show. But, I had changed the cheap Spooky black flipper rubbers out for some Happ black rubbers, those barely wore and as I said, not much dirt.

How did the game hold up?

#16922 2 years ago

No problems at all til Sunday, as some point early Sun afternoon the left flipper link blew out. Thing is, I'd just replaced the paw/link/plunger the week prior after installing the correct bushings. The old pawl assy clamp was stretched beyond retightening.

The only real casualty was my replay score. I'd managed to push it up to 33M over the past couple months, after Pincinnati it was back to 10M.

#16923 2 years ago

Same here. Maybe the big subwoofer pulling air (and dust) into the machine?

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I thought it was the black rubbers too. But I have changed all of mine out to Neon Green or clear so there are no black rubbers to mark it up. Although I would hope they are non-marking rubber regardless. I was sure the issue was dirt in the subway or maybe my ramp not getting clean enough under the airball protector but I have more than once taken all those parts off and cleaned them thoroughly

#16924 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No problems at all til Sunday, as some point early Sun afternoon the left flipper link blew out. Thing is, I'd just replaced the paw/link/plunger the week prior after installing the correct bushings. The old pawl assy clamp was stretched beyond retightening.
The only real casualty was my replay score. I'd managed to push it up to 33M over the past couple months, after Pincinnati it was back to 10M.

The leveling didn’t help. Played a couple games and the scoop was firing into the sling, made it a bit more difficult than usual.

#16925 2 years ago

Ahh sorry about that. It wasn't doing that after setup, and isn't now back at home... maybe got scooted over unlevel floor? I'll adjust the scoop hood before next show to be sure it doesn't act up again.

#16926 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Ahh sorry about that. It wasn't doing that after setup, and isn't now back at home... maybe got scooted over unlevel floor? I'll adjust the scoop hood before next show to be sure it doesn't act up again.

I don’t think it was the scoop, seemed like a fair amount of the games there were a little off. I think the floor was probably a bit wonky.

#16927 2 years ago

Absolutely loving my Rick and Morty , picked it up a few months back , having only watched a few episodes and not really liking it , but knowing I should like it
Luckily binged a few seasons and before it arrived I was fully up on the show.
What an incredible machine this is , maybe it's the honeymoon I don't know but mando arrived yesterday and already I despise that owned so many machines and without a doubt R&M is the most fun game ever ... well done spooky , can't wait to see Halloween now.
Added this custom made Backglass which I feel fits the art a bit better

BF27D857-8A47-404A-962B-99177FC4FC72 (resized).jpegBF27D857-8A47-404A-962B-99177FC4FC72 (resized).jpegC3F7615D-2EDE-41AF-98AC-E9B101FAE5F8 (resized).jpegC3F7615D-2EDE-41AF-98AC-E9B101FAE5F8 (resized).jpeg
#16928 2 years ago
Quoted from wizard1974:

Absolutely loving my Rick and Morty , picked it up a few months back , having only watched a few episodes and not really liking it , but knowing I should like it
Luckily binged a few seasons and before it arrived I was fully up on the show.
What an incredible machine this is , maybe it's the honeymoon I don't know but mando arrived yesterday and already I despise that owned so many machines and without a doubt R&M is the most fun game ever ... well done spooky , can't wait to see Halloween now.
Added this custom made Backglass which I feel fits the art a bit better
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that backglass?
Edit: found it

#16929 2 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:Where did you get that backglass?

I found an alternate translite, not a backglass. Correct?

#16930 2 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Where did you get that backglass?

Can you share?

#16931 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I found an alternate translite, not a backglass. Correct?

Correct. Translite

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/rick-and-morty-alternate-pinball-translite/

#16932 2 years ago

Hey all sorry I forgot to put the link
To
The backglass.....it's not from retro refurbs it's from Xianek he is based over in Poland and it's printed on glass not a translite... he stuff is absolutely awesome.
Check him out

2461E9D8-EEB4-42BC-B8C7-653AEDA68BEA (resized).png2461E9D8-EEB4-42BC-B8C7-653AEDA68BEA (resized).png
#16933 2 years ago

Yepp, Xianeks work is great! Got an awesome Demolition Man translite from him.

#16934 2 years ago
Quoted from henning:

Yepp, Xianeks work is great! Got an awesome Demolition Man translite from him.

He’d probably get a lot more business if he put a little more effort into his website

#16935 2 years ago

That looks nice!

#16936 2 years ago

Also from Xianek…

Here is the discord channel:

https://discord.gg/R7ySxnfU

E591E29F-D7F3-4FD6-BD5A-EFEA2EFFF577 (resized).jpegE591E29F-D7F3-4FD6-BD5A-EFEA2EFFF577 (resized).jpeg

#16937 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Also from Xianek…
Here is the discord channel:
https://discord.gg/R7ySxnfU
[quoted image]

Where did you get the speaker plate art?

#16938 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Where did you get the speaker plate art?

From here: https://wizardmod.com/

#16939 2 years ago

WOW !!! The Flipper power/strength sure becomes noticeably weak after 10-15 balls played!! Yes I know Pin-Monk makes cooling fans, why can’t I just install bigger flipper coils like I have on my 10-Spike-Spike-2 Sterns. Iam not familiar with P-roc operating system, this is my 1st Spooky Game. Any suggestions? The left ramp shot is impossible after 2-9 ball games. I also find game play to be slow/floaty compared to a Stern, yes I have my game at full pitch, I like fast pinball!!! When I make a shot, I don’t want roll back!! Larger coils sure fixed my Stranger Things Premium. TK ball lock has 0 issues and I can make the Demogorgan shot everytime if hit correctly!! I could go on and on how well my Sterns shoot with bigger flipper coils. Also my JJP Wonka shoots perfect when set to full strength with 0 fade, clearly JJP knows how to make a solid machine. Wonka has 150-5 ball games and 0 issues.

#16940 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

WOW !!! The Flipper power/strength sure becomes noticeably weak after 10-15 balls played!!

What code are you on?

Check the thread for ref. to flipper springs and replacements.

I have very little issue with fade on mine with the second to last update. But, I don't really trap a ton. Have a set of Pinmonks here, but never had the need to install them.

For ref. Have a lot more issues with fade on Iron Maiden, whenever I get to 2 Minutes...flippers just give up.

#16941 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

why can’t I just install bigger flipper coils like I have on my 10-Spike-Spike-2 Sterns.

I’ve never seen any Spike game that needed upgraded larger flipper coils ….

Quoted from MJK-911:

The Flipper power/strength sure becomes noticeably weak after 10-15 balls played!

I’m guessing you bought your game used?

I would be checking your flipper mechs.

My first guess is they are adjusted too tight.

You want 1-2mm of up/down vertical movement on the flipper bat. Can’t be too tight on the nylon bushing. Otherwise your coils overheat.

Also angle of the game - you want your new games to be 6.5 (the general standard) to 7. Some of my tournament games are a little steeper. All depends on the game.

But generally that 6.5 to 6.9 playfield angle is what the game designers are using.

If your back legs are fully wound out, your playfield is probably at 8 plus - ramps will be tough to hit, and the playfield will lose side to side action.

rd

#16942 2 years ago

I'm still getting stragglers that haven't heard of this replacement program, so just a public service reminder:

If you bought a Tibetan Breeze coil cooling kit for R&M (direct or from a distributor) that connects to the coil stop with the hex standoffs and it has stopped working or a bracket broke, contact me and I will replace the full set with a new set that mounts from the side. That original design was flawed as it can't stand up to the repeated coil hits over time and eventually kills the fans and breaks the brackets. The new design is like the Spike side mount ones and is rock solid with no failures. All you need to do is let me know, give me the invoice number, and agree that your original set goes in the garbage, even if some or all of the fans are still working (because they are damaged and will fail sooner), and I'll send you a replacement set.

#16943 2 years ago

so this is why Spooky doesn’t have a power cut off on the door!!! Thats a floor fan by the way, I stand behind it while I play, seems to be working!! Yes I have the new code installed

33F0A1A0-4EB8-46A3-A3B6-179FEE482D7F (resized).jpeg33F0A1A0-4EB8-46A3-A3B6-179FEE482D7F (resized).jpeg
#16944 2 years ago

That’s pretty crazy.

I had 60+ people at my house all weekend playing 5 pinball tournaments - lots of Rick and Morty played - and still have no issues hitting the left ramp.

My game is around 7-7.2 degrees … new lower flipper bushings installed.

Dead stock software settings.

rd

#16945 2 years ago

Works unbelievably phenomenal!!! Floor fan on high!!!! Game shooting amazing with 0 power lose!!!!

12C93DC0-F621-43CF-AFF6-B787925158AE (resized).jpeg12C93DC0-F621-43CF-AFF6-B787925158AE (resized).jpeg
#16946 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

so this is why Spooky doesn’t have a power cut off on the door!!! Thats a floor fan by the way, I stand behind it while I play, seems to be working!! Yes I have the new code installed
[quoted image]

Many things that can be done to increase flipper power/eliminate fade. Having the shorter bushings or installing a spacer kit, changing out the beefy flipper return springs with bally williams ones, lowering your hold power in settings and making sure your flipper EOS switches have a credit card thickness gap and close right at the end of the stroke.

#16947 2 years ago

Sorry Pin-Monk, all my coils are being cooled!! I could care less if people believe me, game is shooting super fast!!! Just the way i like it!!! Back handing the right ramp like Butter!!! And the loop? Just smooked it 4x stupid fast!!!!!

#16948 2 years ago

I'm not a huge Rick and Morty fan, but my husband is. For those of you who have this game, is it worth what ones on the used market are going for? He wants one.

#16949 2 years ago

I just updated the code on my R&M as it was two revisions behind. The upgrade went perfectly and game plays great! I haven't noticed any changes so far, but I'm sure I'll notice them soon! While playing, I noticed the two small digital displays on the playfield have segments flickering or not functioning at all. I recall reading there were some connectors that come loose that need to be hot glued? Would appreciate any guidance to fix this, game has less than a hundred plays on it, thanks.

#16950 2 years ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I'm not a huge Rick and Morty fan, but my husband is. For those of you who have this game, is it worth what ones on the used market are going for? He wants one.

He’ll love it if he’s a fan. The theme integration might be the best in pinball. It’s a pretty brutal game though, but that’s what keeps me hitting the start button.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 13,500.00
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 300.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/339 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.