(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,220 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Hulkbuster
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 405.
#16851 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

The new update is pretty nice. One thing I'm noticing going from the August 2021 to the January 2022 update is I'm seeing the flashers going off behind the crank pretty often after the ball drains. It doesn't affect gameplay, but this behavior is definitely new and I've seen it 3 times in the first hour since the update. Anyone else seeing that?

It’s a bug in the music fix for Blood Dome. I hecked up. Not worth doing another build just to fix it though.

#16852 2 years ago

Thanks for all your work and love you ve put in this game epthegeek

Everything you add is a golden nugget , please keep going

Just hear a funny call out ,if you make 6 loops in a row

#16853 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It's normal. With a single coil flipper assembly you're hearing the pulse of the hold circuit. Sometimes it can be louder than others, sometimes you can reduce it by fiddling with the coil stop so there is less chatter between the plunger and the stop, etc.
It does make you miss (and appreciate) WMS virtually silent dual wound assemblies though.

Thanks for your input.

This is the first time I had the volume at 0 and my room quiet, and I was kind of taken aback by the loud hum. I noticed it more that the sound of the topper motor HAHA!

Nothing to see here, thanks!

#16854 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

The new update is pretty nice. One thing I'm noticing going from the August 2021 to the January 2022 update is I'm seeing the flashers going off behind the crank pretty often after the ball drains. It doesn't affect gameplay, but this behavior is definitely new and I've seen it 3 times in the first hour since the update. Anyone else seeing that?

I noticed more activity in that rear flasher too, it’s not just you.

#16855 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s a bug in the music fix for Blood Dome. I hecked up. Not worth doing another build just to fix it though.

Yeah playing in the dark with the backbox off that flasher action is pretty dramatic. I figured you meant to do it lol.

Update is mucho appreciated btw... I still think the left ramp could use a boost in volume as the only FB is the rather anemic whoosh and the clunk but I know you don't share this sentiment. It's just such an iconic shot and deserves a little more aural FB.

It would also make it easier to know I've actually hit it during MB when I can't follow every shot as they happen.

1st world problems though and this update is a great xmas gift - especially if you play in the dark.

"Yes Virginia - there IS a Santa Clause!" Thx -E

#16856 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Mine was so tight that the glass has become chipped on that side, guess I got lucky so far! Tweaking the tab seems to have solved the bind before it was too late
[quoted image]

I'd probably replace that glass at some point. Tempered glass becomes compromised when there is some edge damage. Like a bomb waiting to go off.

Maybe others have seen worse than that with no issues but I'd be paranoid as hell about it. Gives you an excuse to splurge on some non-reflective glass

#16857 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Yeah noticed that too, had it on one game after the update.

#16858 2 years ago

I cannot stop playing this machine. I just hit 3K plays (probably 95% are me) and I've had it since March 2021.

How can I love and hate a machine so much at the same time? It is brutally hard, yet I keep coming back for more thinking I can master it. Chipping away for 3K plays has taught me well, but there is still so much room for improvement. That's the part that keeps me coming back.

Not to mention the soundtrack is killer, R&M is my favorite TV show, and epthegeek and TheNoTrashCougar did an incredible job doing what they do.

#16859 2 years ago

I too am a glutton for punishment, and R&M fills that space!

#16860 2 years ago

I'm still loving my R&M a little over a year into ownership. Talk about an extended honeymoon! I am starting to think I ought to unload all my other pins, as I never play them any more. (We will see what happens once I get a Rush!)

Broke 200M the other day, after having several good balls in a row. Crammed 40 megaseeds, too!

Here's my current topper. Not much left of the original...

#16861 2 years ago

Love the machine but about to exit the club as I'm the only one playing it and much rather play machines with the whole family so I'll fill the spot with another family voted upon machine If anyone knows anybody looking for a BSE, I have an add up in the market place.

TIA

#16862 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Love the machine but about to exit the club as I'm the only one playing it and much rather play machines with the whole family so I'll fill the spot with another family voted upon machine If anyone knows anybody looking for a BSE, I have an add up in the market place.
TIA

You'll REGRET THIS!!!!!

#16863 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

You'll REGRET THIS!!!!!

no doubt!!!

#16864 2 years ago

does anyone know the price for a 5 set decals and new playfield ? I am interested

#16865 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

does anyone know the price for a 5 set decals and new playfield ? I am interested

New playfield?? Seems to me R&M has one of the most durable playfields out there - mine shows like new.

#16866 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm still loving my R&M a little over a year into ownership. Talk about an extended honeymoon! I am starting to think I ought to unload all my other pins, as I never play them any more. (We will see what happens once I get a Rush!)
Broke 200M the other day, after having several good balls in a row. Crammed 40 megaseeds, too!
Here's my current topper. Not much left of the original...

Impressive achievements! Can't say I'm anywhere close to reaching those numbers but as for R&M game play - your post made me think about my own playing distribution over my current 4 game collection: R&M 85%, ACNC 10%, A13 3% and Shrek 1% (ok, any short math automatically goes to R&M!). Lets see what happens when #199 HW CE arrives this weekend!

#16867 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Impressive achievements! Can't say I'm anywhere close to reaching those numbers but as for R&M game play - your post made me think about my own playing distribution over my current 4 game collection: R&M 85%, ACNC 10%, A13 3% and Shrek 1% (ok, any short math automatically goes to R&M!). Lets see what happens when #199 HW CE arrives this weekend!

This is why I recently sold a few pins that I really didn't think i'd sell. I thought about how much I was playing my collection and I figured I'd move out the ones I wasn't and get something different in. No regrets.

#16868 2 years ago

I will never be selling my RnM. The game is just too much fun. I like having a hard game in my small lineup. I like that I get all of the great Danesi music and light shows without having to buy a TNA. Disclaimer: I like TNA but its much more fun playing with friends and I don't have friends over to play all the time. The theme integration is amazing in RnM. The fact that Roiland did all of the character voices was so key to the success of this game. And there are so many callouts! Creatively using show footage and integrating a lot of great moments from the show really sets this game apart. It is a newer IP so it doesn't feel nostalgic like many pinball themes. It's simple too but the framework of dimensions and adventures really mixes it up and it stays fresh for me. I can go on and on about it. It's the only game that is "bolted to the floor" for me currently...well maybe Godzilla Premium but that is still in the honeymoon phase.

#16869 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It's simple too but the framework of dimensions and adventures really mixes it up and it stays fresh for me.

Heck yeah, and couple the dimensions and adventures with trying to collect megaseeds and use Meeseeks, and it's just a totally frenetic and unique experience. I love it.

#16870 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I will never be selling my RnM. The game is just too much fun. I like having a hard game in my small lineup. I like that I get all of the great Danesi music and light shows without having to buy a TNA. Disclaimer: I like TNA but its much more fun playing with friends and I don't have friends over to play all the time. The theme integration is amazing in RnM. The fact that Roiland did all of the character voices was so key to the success of this game. And there are so many callouts! Creatively using show footage and integrating a lot of great moments from the show really sets this game apart. It is a newer IP so it doesn't feel nostalgic like many pinball themes. It's simple too but the framework of dimensions and adventures really mixes it up and it stays fresh for me. I can go on and on about it. It's the only game that is "bolted to the floor" for me currently...well maybe Godzilla Premium but that is still in the honeymoon phase.

I also love R&M's straightforward approach to scoring. Didn't realize how much I prefer it until comparing with JJP's GNR approach to scoring (currently sitting next to R&M in my lineup).

#16871 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I also love R&M's straightforward approach to scoring. Didn't realize how much I prefer it until comparing with JJP's GNR approach to scoring (currently sitting next to R&M in my lineup).

Agree. It's one of the reasons I still love playing BSD!

#16872 2 years ago

Just looked through my logfile after updating the code to 2022.01.02 a few days ago, any problems in here or just standard business? Thx.

2021-12-28 12:27:25,326 - game.dmdcache -WARNING - Loading image file with caching disabled; set dmd_cache_path in config to enable.
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
2021-12-28 12:27:29,503 - game.sound -ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/voice/DirectHit1.ogg does not exist!
2021-12-28 12:27:29,505 - game.sound -ERROR - Sound registration error: file ./assets/sound/voice/YouMissed2.ogg does not exist!
2021-12-28 12:27:34,314 - game -ERROR - ################################################
2021-12-28 12:27:34,314 - game -ERROR - ####### FREE RAM: 1240876
2021-12-28 12:27:34,314 - game -ERROR - ####### Revision: 2021.08.10
2021-12-28 12:27:34,316 - game -ERROR - ####### FREE RAM: 1240876
2021-12-28 12:27:34,316 - game -ERROR - ####### LOAD AVG: 0.86 - 0.21 - 0.07

#16873 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Just looked through my logfile after updating the code to 2022.01.02 a few days ago, any problems in here or just standard business? Thx.

Fairly certain I saw that in my file too after every update since I've had the machine.

#16874 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Fairly certain I saw that in my file too after every update since I've had the machine.

That's what I figured, just never looked at any of the logs until now. Thanks.

#16875 2 years ago

So I finally got around to re-routing the opto wires on the ramps. The factory approach of running the black wire over thin-air above the inner loop on the right ramp always bugged the sh*t out of me.

Took about 2 hours and 6 inches of extra wire to extend the harness on the right to make it work. The left one I just dropped the wire down beside the spinner, being careful to not impede the spinner action.

Before:

IMG_1112 (resized).JPGIMG_1112 (resized).JPGIMG_1113 (resized).JPGIMG_1113 (resized).JPG

After:

IMG_1115 (resized).JPGIMG_1115 (resized).JPGIMG_1117 (resized).JPGIMG_1117 (resized).JPG

Wish I had done it sooner.

#16876 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So I finally got around to re-routing the opto wires on the ramps. The factory approach of running the black wire over thin-air above the inner loop on the right ramp always bugged the sh*t out of me.

Wow, I've been thinking of doing this recently. Nice work!

#16877 2 years ago

Portal mods for speaker panel

0E14E050-2B14-4341-A434-7769F4073DA6 (resized).jpeg0E14E050-2B14-4341-A434-7769F4073DA6 (resized).jpeg51C18A16-D581-4FC6-A4E2-A30C1792DABE (resized).jpeg51C18A16-D581-4FC6-A4E2-A30C1792DABE (resized).jpeg88F39836-6A92-4B72-A7C2-0C974BA3793E (resized).jpeg88F39836-6A92-4B72-A7C2-0C974BA3793E (resized).jpegAEA7950D-C38E-428F-B4F0-06B82C26876E (resized).jpegAEA7950D-C38E-428F-B4F0-06B82C26876E (resized).jpeg
#16878 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Portal mods for speaker panel
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What if one side was actually their butts from the opposite side of the portal? In one and out the other?

#16879 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

What if one side was actually their butts from the opposite side of the portal? In one and out the other?

That would be pretty cool.

#16880 2 years ago

Picked up Blood Susker #390 Today, NIB, was in this super nice guys living room, I had an excellent experience with the sale, got the game home, excellent condition, my first Spooky Game, I will say its built much better than a Stern, RGB’s are right on point with my JJP-Wonka. Game is just spectacular especially all the cursing theme integration. Wow is the sound excelllent. I believe it needs a code update because it bricked 2x already. game was sitting in this guys family room NIB for over a year. Seeing and feeling the game quality makes me excited for Halloween CE-681 incoming soon. I think the topper is excellent also, love the colors!! If I owned Spooky I would continue to build these games. Now I really want a NIB- TNA !!! Needs a knocker hopefully spooky will sell me one?

8FE123B4-5C4B-40D5-BE79-52A91F783FBC (resized).jpeg8FE123B4-5C4B-40D5-BE79-52A91F783FBC (resized).jpegF705BEEE-684C-4EA3-8A72-88B8E0B760B0 (resized).jpegF705BEEE-684C-4EA3-8A72-88B8E0B760B0 (resized).jpeg
#16881 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Needs a knocker hopefully spooky will sell me one?

Pinball Life sells knockers for Spooky pins.

#16882 2 years ago

Anyone else having difficulty unpacking the zip file? Perhaps not possible on a mac? Didn't have this issue on prior updates but it seems to be struggling this go for me.

Fixed: for some reason both Mac's had switch to "open with installer". A swap back to archive solved the issue. Posting fix here just as an fyi for anyone else having the issue.

#16883 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Anyone else having difficulty unpacking the zip file? Perhaps not possible on a max? Didn't have this issue on prior updates but it seems to be struggling this go for me.

Auto unpacks on my macbook air as usual so it should be fine on a mac.

Final result should be named: rm-gamecode-20220102.pkg

#16884 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Auto unpacks on my macbook air as usual so it should be fine on a mac.

Yah thanks. I'm not sure why but both of my Mac's defaulted to installer. Annoying

#16885 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Yah thanks. I'm not sure why but both of my Mac's defaulted to installer. Annoying

Hmm Mine is also set to open with the installer but since you don't ever actually click the R&M update I don't think it matters. You just slide the icon over to your flashdrive and that's it.

But glad you got it working. Enjoy!

#16886 2 years ago

I copy and paste the exact file right to the usb

#16887 2 years ago

I need some help. I played a game yesterday afternoon, no issues.

I turned the game on at night and I got stuck in an infinite boot loop. Game will show the "loading screen" and the bar will get all the way to the end, and then the screen resets and does it again.

Suggestions?

I'm not even sure which board does what in this game, but it appears that they are getting power.

Thanks

#16888 2 years ago

Disco Morty.

rd

A6460614-ECE7-430B-ADB7-271176E4A916 (resized).jpegA6460614-ECE7-430B-ADB7-271176E4A916 (resized).jpeg
#16889 2 years ago

Disco in New Zealand, i think the Morty ist dancing with Jessica

#16890 2 years ago

I haven't seen this mentioned before so FYI just in case someone else struggles with it...

I installed M&M Creations MRS 4 switch set in my RMBSE yesterday (after having them for 6 months!). I first tested them with the playfield lifted and pulled forward. I was getting bad results for switch 426 (the switch to the right of the Flooble Crank in the turn around that feeds the upper flipper). It would close once and stay closed. I finally figured out the captive ball in the Flooble Crank had rolled toward the back of the playfield when I lifted it. The ball wasn't close enough to trigger the MRS switch but it was close enough to hold the switch closed after I had tested it. I put the playfield back in playing position and the switch worked just fine.

#16891 2 years ago

I had an odd bug happen. I was playing ball 2 and literally just started Gromflomite multiball and a mode and tilted out. When ball 3 started, the screen just kept playing the Gromflomite multiball animation of Morty and the bug guys shooting lasers at each other. There were no audio callouts related to the multiball. I even started a mode during ball 3 and there was a mix of mode animations and mulitball animations (I didn't restart the mulitball). Anyway, maybe a bug with how the mulitball animations react in combination with a tilt out.

Might be cool to add a high score for the skillshot. I've been trying to build up the multiplier to see how high I can get a skill shot award.

#16892 2 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I haven't seen this mention before so FYI just in case someone else struggles with it...
I installed M&M Creations MRS 4 switch set in my RMBSE yesterday (after having them for 6 months!). I first tested them with the playfield lifted and pulled forward. I was getting bad results for switch 426 (the switch to the right of the Flooble Crank in the turn around that feeds the upper flipper). It would close once and stay closed. I finally figured out the captive ball in the Flooble Crank had rolled toward the back of the playfield when I lifted it. The ball wasn't close enough to trigger the MRS switch but it was close enough to hold the switch closed after I had tested it. I put the playfield back in playing position and the switch worked just fine.

6 months!! LOL....but don't worry - you aren't the only one...there are some that have taken up to a year to install....

Matt
M&M Creations
"We don't touch your balls...."

#16893 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

M&M Creations
"We don't touch your balls...."

Please tell me I can buy this on a T-Shirt

#16894 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Quoted from guitarded:

Actually....you can....I currently have one Large left!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-mampm-creations-we-don-t-touch-your-balls-tee-shirts

Matt
M&M Creations

#16895 2 years ago

Fuck, and I bet he thought he was joking!!! awesome

#16896 2 years ago

Anyone solve only one drop target going up for Rick and Morty (Blood Sucker Edition) ?

With the drop target cycle test it successfully goes up and stays up most times on the bad target, but registering drop failed each time, even though it actually drops.

The switch at the bottom of the drop target that’s failing isn’t registering when I do a switch test. Nearly 100% failure unless I tap the body of the switch.

The failed drop target also does a click click click like it’s trying to raise when the game starts, but not when playing and the other drop target is up.

Added over 2 years ago:

Thanks for the help, it was the Db5 switch!

#16897 2 years ago
Quoted from Medik8:

Anyone solve only one drop target going up for Rick and Morty (Blood Sucker Edition) ?
With the drop target cycle test it successfully goes up and stays up most times on the bad target, but registering drop failed each time, even though it actually drops.
The switch at the bottom of the drop target that’s failing isn’t registering when I do a switch test. Nearly 100% failure unless I tap the body of the switch.
The failed drop target also does a click click click like it’s trying to raise when the game starts, but not when playing and the other drop target is up.

You need to figure out what is wrong with that switch. Is it making contact when the drop is down? If it is and the only way it is registering is by tapping the body, you may have a bad switch.

#16898 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You need to figure out what is wrong with that switch. Is it making contact when the drop is down? If it is and the only way it is registering is by tapping the body, you may have a bad switch.

Thx Palmer. It definitely makes contact with that switch and manually opening and closing switch isn’t registering, but my pinball buddies are skeptical that’s the issue and not something else that’s causing it to behave that way.

#16899 2 years ago
Quoted from Medik8:

Thx Palmer. It definitely makes contact with that switch and manually opening and closing switch isn’t registering, but my pinball buddies are skeptical that’s the issue and not something else that’s causing it to behave that way.

If the switch isn't registering...it's bad, or there is a wire loose or something from the switch. Double check connectors, but it's probably just the switch. I'm sure you could call Spooky and they would help you figure out the issue if you need them too.

#16900 2 years ago

Switches fail.

Common enough

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,220 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/338?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.