(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 405.
#16751 2 years ago

Hard to tell but looks like the pop bumper led
Is the pop bumper lighting up?

#16752 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

I found this LED in the cabinet.
Has come loose somewhere. A cable leads from the LED to the LED on the multiball. The single LED test does not make the LED shine. Only the complete test switches the LED on. The special thing is that it does not have a plug like the other LED`s.
Any idea where it belongs?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pop bumper!

#16753 2 years ago

No.
Is not the Pop bumper.
I to short the cable. On the picture you see scoop.
In this area i think i missed.

#16754 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Has come loose somewhere. A cable leads from the LED to the LED on the multiball. The single LED test does not make the LED shine. Only the complete test switches the LED on. The special thing is that it does not have a plug like the other LED`s.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah definitely not the pop bumper. It is a pop bumper LED though with the mounting tabs cut off. I do not recognize it at all. Maybe someone was making a mod on your machine to light the scoop?? Does the light stay white during gameplay?
--Scott

#16755 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Go into test mode to test individual lamps and when it turns on, the display should tell you what LED it is and it should be strait forward to see where it belongs. Good luck.

#16756 2 years ago
#16757 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I know you can increase the slam by like one second, but this game, unlike any other game I have ever owned, has a tendency to have the roll bounce around and roll slowly into the drain, losing you a save that you've earned.
Thanks for everything

Quoted from northerndude:

No, it’s pinball, the ball bounces around. Them’s the breaks

If you really want the ball to drain faster just increase your pitch,... to oh say, about 7.75°.

#16758 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Did anyone see who won the R&M that adult swim was giving away a few weeks ago? I didn’t know if they announced the winner publicly or contacted them privately.

Ooooooweeeee! #TEAM reporting in.

I've been lurking on the forum for the last day to troubleshoot some minor issues and see what everyone has done to make improvements.

First observations since delivery a couple days ago:

1. This is awesome. I can't believe I won this thing! A huge thanks to the Adult Swim team for the opportunity and the win.

2. The box arrived safe and sound, but while orienting the machine upright, there were a few nice clunks from something loose in the cabinet. The tilt bob ( in baggie) and two pinballs were all loose in the machine after further inspection. Fortunately, I don't believe they caused any damage. A total of 7 pinballs came with the machine (not including the captive one). +1 for spare parts?

3. My legs all have good angle bends and the machine came with felt spacers so thankfully no concern for damage to the decal artwork.

4. Holy rattle trap Batman! Initially pretty much unplayable with the rattling from the glass, power supplies, and misc cabinet items. I went on a hunt to track down the sources and remounted both power supplies on rubber isolation tape. That helped a lot. I'm considering a few options for the speaker itself to improve performance (including building a proper subwoofer enclosure), but everything else is great for now as long as the glass is out. The glass fit is already pretty tight, but there's one area along the left rail that still causes some nice rattling. After finding this community and the troubleshooting pages yesterday, I was really surprised to find this is such a common issue. I don't mind an initial project or two considering my cost basis is taxes, but I could imagine being a bit disappointed if I had paid full price.

5. That power supply fan is loud! Definitely going to replace it. The head spinner motor was set to off within the first 24 hrs too.

6. The garage shot from the upper flipper feels a little off. The upper flipper arrived offset from the right wall and in line with the guide rail, so nothing obvious to adjust there.

7. I think adding active cooling on the flippers is a good call in the near future.

8. I noticed I don't have the backlit speakers or the portal grilles on this machine. Was that typically standard on the blood sucker edition?

Overall, absolutely thrilled with the machine and looking forward to making some tweaks and improvements!

#TEAM (resized).png#TEAM (resized).png
#16759 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

I've been lurking on the forum for the last day to troubleshoot some minor issues and see what everyone has done to make improvements.
1. This is awesome. I can't believe I won this thing! A huge thanks to the Adult Swim team for the opportunity and the win.
2. The box arrived safe and sound, but while orienting the machine upright, there were a few nice clunks from something loose in the cabinet. The tilt bob ( in baggie) and two pinballs were all loose in the machine after further inspection. Fortunately, I don't believe they caused any damage. A total of 7 pinballs came with the machine (not including the captive one). +1 for spare parts?
3. My legs all have good angle bends and the machine came with felt spacers so thankfully no concern for damage to the decal artwork.
4. Holy rattle trap Batman! Initially pretty much unplayable with the rattling from the glass, power supplies, and misc cabinet items. I went on a hunt to track down the sources and remounted both power supplies on rubber isolation tape. That helped a lot. I'm considering a few options for the speaker itself to improve performance (including building a proper subwoofer enclosure), but everything else is great for now as long as the glass is out. The glass fit is already pretty tight, but there's one area along the left rail that still causes some nice rattling. After finding this community and the troubleshooting pages yesterday, I was really surprised to find this is such a common issue. I don't mind an initial project or two considering my cost basis is taxes, but I could imagine being a bit disappointed if I had paid full price.
5. That power supply fan is loud! Definitely going to replace it. The head spinner motor was set to off within the first 24 hrs too.
6. The garage shot from the upper flipper feels a little off. The upper flipper arrived offset from the right wall and in line with the guide rail, so nothing obvious to adjust there.
7. I think adding active cooling on the flippers is a good call in the near future.
8. I noticed I don't have the backlit speakers or the portal grilles on this machine. Was that typically standard on the blood sucker edition?
Overall, absolutely thrilled with the machine and looking forward to making some tweaks and improvements![quoted image]

Congrats and hopefully you’re not shy with a drill and a hammer. Getting this one dialed in is an exercise in patience.

#16760 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Congrats and hopefully you’re not shy with a drill and a hammer. Getting this one dialed in is an exercise in patience.

That wasn't my experience.

#16761 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

Overall, absolutely thrilled with the machine and looking forward to making some tweaks and improvements![quoted image]

Awesome to see this pop up in here, and nice it went to someone who seems to be very familiar with pinball (a pin can turn into a big headache for someone that doesn't know what they're getting into).

The backlit speakers were not standard on the BSE, all the Blood Sucker package got you was the lollipop/portal rails + purple powder coating (someone correct me if I'm wrong). All other options were a la carte, which is something Spooky has since abandoned. Hope you have a blast with the game, it's not for everybody but if you're into the show and into fast playing games, it's incredible. Wonder if your machine was built at the end of the run or right in the beginning... I'm not sure if there's a consistent way to tell. I got a late game and have had very few issues with mine.

#16762 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

Congrats, what an unreal win.
You may be able to reach out to the spooky team so see if you can easily procure the speaker lights and grills if they'll sell you spares. The speaker lights integrate really well.

edit - oh and shitty about you Americans having to pay taxes on any (decently large) winnings there......

#16763 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

Congrats, and maybe I’m just a total nerd but I think it’s cool as shit to have #TEAM

#16764 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Not here.

#16765 2 years ago

Im glad you guys had a better experience than I did.

#16766 2 years ago

so cool you won this fantastic game,not a game for a beginner but you sound like you know your way around a screw driver.
Congratulations!

#16767 2 years ago

Why on your Spooky Fang Club sticker , you don't have on it the serial number except "Blood Sucker Edition #Team"
just curious

#16768 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Why on your Spooky Fang Club sticker , you don't have on it the serial number except "Blood Sucker Edition #Team"
just curious

I wonder if this was the in-house Spooky Development Team machine, not being a regular production model of the numbered 750 machine run? This could be machine 751, thereby receiving the "TEAM" designation.

#16769 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I wonder if this was the in-house Spooky Development Team machine, not being a regular production model of the numbered 750 machine run? This could be machine 751, thereby receiving the "TEAM" designation.

probably not, it's only 750 , have you ever seen a TAFG with the number #1001
you can check also the S/N inside the cabinet

#16770 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

There were a number of games made for those involved with the project as part of the deal. They’re all marked #team

#16771 2 years ago

I would be interested to see the serial number inside of the cabinet. It probably says AS (Adult Swim) in it. You can usually track which team member got these team games by that serial, but some might just be numbered. Unsure though.
--Scott

#16772 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Im glad you guys had a better experience than I did.

Mine required a ton of tweaking to get it to flow. Really glad I took the time to do it, tho. The difference is night and day. As the game was when I got it, I would have dumped it if not for being able to tweak!

#16773 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I would be interested to see the serial number inside of the cabinet. It probably says AS (Adult Swim) in it. You can usually track which team member got these team games by that serial, but some might just be numbered. Unsure though.
--Scott

if the number is not written inside, nothing proves that there are really 750 machines manufactured ...
but I understand that it is not a limited edition but a production series with a specific number

#16774 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There were a number of games made for those involved with the project as part of the deal. They’re all marked #team

Were there more than 750 games made (750 numbered games, plus those involved in the project)? Just curious...it doesn't bother me at all if that's the case.

#16775 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Mine required a ton of tweaking to get it to flow. Really glad I took the time to do it, tho. The difference is night and day. As the game was when I got it, I would have dumped it if not for being able to tweak!

Same - I still own it and enjoy it.

#16776 2 years ago

Thx, simple now.
it is not good fixed in the mod.

#16777 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Were there more than 750 games made (750 numbered games, plus those involved in the project)? Just curious...it doesn't bother me at all if that's the case.

Yes. The #Team games were not included in the 750 retail number. No, I don't know how many there are.

#16778 2 years ago

Anyone know off hand which fuse is for the anti-gravity magnet? I think I blew it when I installed lit flipper buttons.

#16779 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Anyone know off hand which fuse is for the anti-gravity magnet? I think I blew it when I installed lit flipper buttons.

It should have other coils on it...and should be a 4. But I've been told that 6 would be ok too if it blows regularly.

#16780 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

It should have other coils on it...and should be a 4. But I've been told that 6 would be ok too if it blows regularly.

Hmmm. Maybe I just messed up the switch then.

#16781 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hmmm. Maybe I just messed up the switch then.

All of these are on the same fuse:

- Right Flipper lower
- right flipper upper
- anti gravity
- cabinet knocker
- Shaker motor
- Shooter lane launch
- topper motor
- trough eject (main)

#16782 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Agreed - so did mine. All 3 flippers, the left & right metal side rails going under the wood rails, adjusting a few metal tabs/flanges. I even opened up a few post holes in plastic to allow easy-on easy-off (due to needing to make other aforementioned adjusted). Still love this machine! Just not accustomed to so much tweaking of a new game.

#16783 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

--Scott

Nope. Perhaps the CN at the end is "Cartoon Network".

Team SN (resized).pngTeam SN (resized).png
#16784 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Agreed - so did mine. All 3 flippers, the left & right metal side rails going under the wood rails, adjusting a few metal tabs/flanges. I even opened up a few post holes in plastic to allow easy-on easy-off (due to needing to make other aforementioned adjusted). Still love this machine! Just not accustomed to so much tweaking of a new game.

Do you have any pictures handy showing your rail geometry? I'm thinking a minor tweak to the the leading edges of the garage guide rail, the rail to the upper flipper, and the noob-noob loop could smooth transitions and make the garage shot a little more forgiving. It seems like the start of the rail shouldn't be so far forward of the post.

Here's how mine are currently.

Garage Ramp 1 (resized).pngGarage Ramp 1 (resized).pngGarage Ramp 2 (resized).pngGarage Ramp 2 (resized).pngNoob Loop 1 (resized).pngNoob Loop 1 (resized).pngNoob Loop 2 (resized).pngNoob Loop 2 (resized).pngRight Rail 1 (resized).pngRight Rail 1 (resized).pngRight Rail 2 (resized).pngRight Rail 2 (resized).png
#16785 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

Do you have any pictures handy showing your rail geometry? I'm thinking a minor tweak to the the leading edges of the garage guide rail, the rail to the upper flipper, and the noob-noob loop could smooth transitions and make the garage shot a little more forgiving. It seems like the start of the rail shouldn't be so far forward of the post.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Both rails appear too far from the posts. All the adjustments I made were based on excellent posts in THIS forum. You can either do a search on this forum or take a look at the key topics listed at the very beginning of the forum and you'll get the info you need. The garage rail adjustment did involve drilling in a new pf hole for the lowest metal rail mount (after filling the original with a "dutchman"). The upper right flipper rail should be aligned with the entire flipper edge.

20211230_151634 (resized).jpg20211230_151634 (resized).jpg20211230_151711 (resized).jpg20211230_151711 (resized).jpg
#16786 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Both rails appear too far from the posts. All the adjustments I made were based on excellent posts in THIS forum. You can either do a search on this forum or take a look at the key topics listed at the very beginning of the forum and you'll get the info you need. The garage rail adjustment did involve drilling in a new pf hole for the lowest metal rail mount (after filling the original with a "dutchman"). The upper right flipper rail should be aligned with the entire flipper edge.[quoted image][quoted image]

This is exactly what I thought they should look like and how I imagined the modification. Thanks for the confirmation and the pictures! I'll do some additional searching as well.

Did your dutchman repair consist of a toothpick and some sawdust ? It looks like the screw hole would still be hidden the rail after it's moved so it shouldn't be a concern for any repair beyond that.

I think i might be able to slot the metal foot on the right rail to get it to line up without needing to make another hole... It will be close.

How this short of thing passes QC at the factory is disappointing, but with as much as this thing rattled out of the box, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

#16787 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

How this short of thing passes QC at the factory is disappointing, but with as much as this thing rattled out of the box, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

Your post brings back a lot of memories There are a ton of posts/photos on the ball guide placements. They make a huge difference and really aren't that difficult to make (though it may take a bit of fiddling if you are OCD about ball movement).

On one hand, it's disappointing that it "passed QC". On the other hand, it's amazing a "small company" is capable of building a machine of this complexity.

Good luck dialing it in!

#16788 2 years ago
Quoted from RedbirdGT:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I took the middle screw out of that ball guide and bend the metal tab upwards hoping to absorb the impact more. I feel it made a great difference. That said, make sure you do you flipper drop before you start adjusting things on the playfield. The game plays much different with those lowered flippers.

#16789 2 years ago

hey guys - two questions.

1) Magnet doesn't appear to be working right now. I checked the zconnector (blue wires) and they seem fine and plugged in. Switch on the flipper is being recognized as well yet when I do a test, the ball doesn't seem to be moving by the
magnet at all. Any thoughts on what this could be?

2) I didn't see a key post that included pics to tweak your inner loop shot. Anyone recommend a post or link that has pics explaining what folks have done to make it smoother?

For the garage shot, I was looking at this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/37#post-5552517

Anything exist like this for the inner loop shot (from top right flipper)?

Happy to have this back in the collection. Thanks!

#16790 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey guys - two questions.
1) Magnet doesn't appear to be working right now. I checked the zconnector (blue wires) and they seem fine and plugged in. Switch on the flipper is being recognized as well yet when I do a test, the ball doesn't seem to be moving by the
magnet at all. Any thoughts on what this could be?

The ‘battery’ insert has to be charged for the magnet to work. Rather - the magnet will only work when the battery indicates that it is charged.

#16791 2 years ago

Inner orbit
-Remove second screw to absorb impact and allow flow, per designer.
-Massage the rail to have a better curve if necessary
-Redrill lower screw hole if necessary.
-Adjust Spinner so it doesn't contact ball so much.
-some people call the garage shot the "inner orbit" for some reason
-Also search on spinner.
-Also see this web page https://rickandmortypinball.help/guides/rear-loop-adjustment-by-troz/
(Pic from this thread)

8bc184ffd672ff5d300efe337e421ea5f70ef70b (resized).jpg8bc184ffd672ff5d300efe337e421ea5f70ef70b (resized).jpg
#16792 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Inner orbit
-Remove second screw to absorb impact and allow flow, per designer.
-Massage the rail to have a better curve if necessary
-Redrill lower screw hole if necessary.
-Adjust Spinner so it doesn't contact ball so much.
-some people call the garage shot the "inner orbit" for some reason
-Also search on spinner.
-Also see this web page https://rickandmortypinball.help/guides/rear-loop-adjustment-by-troz/
(Pic from this thread)
[quoted image]

Thanks. This looks like the left ramp needs to be removed right in order to reach the screw that needs to be removed? If so, any instructions on how to do that?

#16793 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. This looks like the left ramp needs to be removed right in order to reach the screw that needs to be removed? If so, any instructions on how to do that?

I think its only two screws. The ones at flap/entrance at playfield, then pull away. (I think) but.. there's not a lot to it

#16794 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I took the middle screw out of that ball guide and bend the metal tab upwards hoping to absorb the impact more. I feel it made a great difference. That said, make sure you do you flipper drop before you start adjusting things on the playfield. The game plays much different with those lowered flippers.

I haven't heard of anyone lowering the flippers. Do you have a pic of your setup? What difference did you notice? Easier shot making I'm presuming?

#16795 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I haven't heard of anyone lowering the flippers. Do you have a pic of your setup? What difference did you notice? Easier shot making I'm presuming?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/182#post-6017299

#16796 2 years ago

One thing I've noticed about my game, is that when you miss a shot going into the left side of the U turn, it rattles around, and then 90% of the time, it's SDTM.

Wondering if this is a common thing, or if my game needs some adjustment in that area?

#16797 2 years ago

One thing I've noticed about my game, is that when you miss a shot going into the left side of the U turn, it rattles around, and then 90% of the time, it's SDTM.
Wondering if this is a common thing, or if my game needs some adjustment in that area?

There is a key post discussing this and how to cure/adjust it

#16798 2 years ago

Ahh, sorry, I thought he meant flopping them…I’ve installed the lowered bushings, definitely worthwhile

#16799 2 years ago

Some simple adjustments to this area help, including replacing the switches with MRS switches.

I found help in this thread… one tweak had to do with the inner part of the ball guides.

Result is a crazy fast, buttery smooth U turn! Worth the effort

#16800 2 years ago

Any way to reduce the sound of the topper fan turning?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 13,500.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/336?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.