(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,228 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by jonesjb
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 405.
#16701 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Then they should confirm that is still the case. Will they be seeking to add content or is it done. Its a simple update to make to owners.

Hey, I get it. As an owner of R&M, I'd love to see more code updates with content added, or just know that code updates are done except for minor bug fixes.

However, from Spooky's perspective, this a no win scenario. If they say more code updates are coming and then don't happen, people are pissed because they expected more. If they state no more code/ content but end up releasing some new code, inevitably someone will have sold their game and will be pissed off.

In this situation, silence is the best solution for Spooky. For your situation, you will need to decide if current code is good enough and if not, sell it with the understanding that you may miss out on a potential future code release.

#16702 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is it the digits that are too bright? or the two side LEDs?

Digits first. But side leds could be dimmed as well.

#16703 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When you complete "SLAM" it add a slam bonus hit to the pop bumper, indicated by a colored flashing light, with a matching color wave outward when you actually hit it. If you spell slam a second time, without hitting the pop, the value goes up and the light changes color. There are five levels of this. The scoring is exponential, so it gets big - and it ups the value of the actual slam save.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

#16704 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. The people who were in charge of approvals later in the timeline preferred removing the offending words to bleeping them. A lot. That's what they wanted.

All the video had to go through approvals, and most of the 'notes' we got back were about audio. That match clip is how they wanted it.

Thanks for explaining this, interesting to see how particular the license holder can get and hear the hoops you guys had to jump through.

#16705 2 years ago

I always like to think that if he neither confirms or denies, that means he can't comment and there's still a chance

#16706 2 years ago

Does it keep scores or are they getting reset after code update? I'm still at 05.18 and don't want to loose my scores when updating to 2021.08.10

Honestly the only thing that I am really looking forward is the additional call-outs

#16707 2 years ago

Has anyone thought to reach out to Adult Swim or Green Portal Production and ask if they would be willing to help some suckers out? Hell, can we just uncompile the code and add our own non-licensed stuff?

#16708 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hell, can we just uncompile the code and add our own non-licensed stuff?

It’s kind of like unscrambling an egg…. doesn’t exactly work like that. PinBrowser will allow you to swap assets but I don’t know if it works on Spooky machines.

#16709 2 years ago

Nope pinball browser won’t allow to change anything in p-roc games.

Quoted from Lounge:

It’s kind of like unscrambling an egg…. doesn’t exactly work like that. PinBrowser will allow you to swap assets but I don’t know if it works on Spooky machines.

#16710 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone thought to reach out to Adult Swim or Green Portal Production and ask if they would be willing to help some suckers out?

For the sake of everyone in pinball, please don't ever reach out to the licensor on your own. Yikes.

#16711 2 years ago

The code is great as/is and I'm really happy with the game as it stands. My only hope is that if Eric wants to add more to the game that he isn't held back from doing so.

#16712 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The code is great as/is and I'm really happy with the game as it stands. My only hope is that if Eric wants to add more to the game that he isn't held back from doing so.

This. Game is awesome as it stands.

#16713 2 years ago

Hey epthegeek any chance you could add a small grace period (even 1 second) to drains as time runs out, or even the slam tilt.

I know you can increase the slam by like one second, but this game, unlike any other game I have ever owned, has a tendency to have the roll bounce around and roll slowly into the drain, losing you a save that you've earned.

Thanks for everything

#16714 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Hey epthegeek any chance you could add a small grace period (even 1 second) to drains as time runs out, or even the slam tilt.
I know you can increase the slam by like one second, but this game, unlike any other game I have ever owned, has a tendency to have the roll bounce around and roll slowly into the drain, losing you a save that you've earned.
Thanks for everything

No, it’s pinball, the ball bounces around. Them’s the breaks

#16715 2 years ago

You can increase both the regular ball saver and the slam ball saver. One second increase on slam actually makes a pretty big difference.

#16716 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Limited maturing since sadly, but almost all bugs that I know of have been ironed out. Most of us are hoping for some more content at some point. Eric has eluded to it, but yet to see it.
Maybe a Christmas surprise!!!!

Rick and Morty is my first Spooky game and boy was I impressed with it as a whole. Loved the addition of Scary Terry and Goodbye Moonman adventures, but I cross my fingers for a new adventure in future code updates. For some reason I'm seeing a lot of the Whirly Dirly mode. A new adventure or two would be the icing on the cake!

#16717 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This. Game is awesome as it stands.

Agreed!

#16718 2 years ago

I’ll just say what’s on everyone’s mind.

Game needs more Bird Person.

#16719 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’ll just say what’s on everyone’s mind.
Game needs more Bird Person.

You spelled 'Krombopulos Michael' wrong...

#16720 2 years ago

Slut Dragons

#16722 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

For the sake of everyone in pinball, please don't ever reach out to the licensor on your own. Yikes.

Point taken.

#16723 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Oh, it works like that. If something can be engineered, it can be reverse engineered. The trick is time and money. With only 750 owners, the reward isn’t great enough for someone to spend time hacking it.

#16724 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Oh, it works like that. If something can be engineered, it can be reverse engineered. The trick is time and money. With only 750 owners, the reward isn’t great enough for someone to spend time hacking it.

Once compiled and then uncompiled, it does not literally translate back into the line of code you typed to create the processing command. Yes, you can see what’s happening at the processor level but you don’t get the structure that was used to create the ML. You won’t ‘see’ my code. Hence my comment, “it doesn’t exactly work like that.”

You can unscramble the egg but you don’t get the egg you started with is my point.

#16725 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

For some reason I'm seeing a lot of the Whirly Dirly mode. A new adventure or two would be the icing on the cake!

I notice this too, although it could be selective perception.

#16726 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

For some reason I'm seeing a lot of the Whirly Dirly mode.

I hardly ever get Pickle Rick

#16727 2 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I’m sure they’re randomly generated, but it seems to go in bunches for me. Always get pretty pumped for a pickle Rick with a multiball though.

Would love some Summer, Beth, and Jerry call outs but I’m sure that’s outside of the license.

Fantastic game as is, and the EB light brightness is the biggest complaint from me.

#16728 2 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I think Pickle Rick will always be less because it can't be selected as the first adventure.

#16729 2 years ago

Pickle Rick: This mode is unique among the implemented modes so far because unlike the other Adventures, it can only be started at the garage; both shots that lead to the garage will begin flashing purple when this mode is qualified instead of the center scoop and Rick will begin telling you to come to the Garage. Landing the shot in the Garage to start the mode will actually hold the ball (instead of the usual instant left inlane scoop eject) so you can relax and watch the intro, where out of pure incompetence and a desire to brag, Rick turned himself into a pickle, Morty! He’s Pickle Rick! Advance through the life cycle of this scientific monstrosity by first hitting the bumper or slingshot enough times to get off the ground, then shoot the scoop. You’ll then be tasked to shoot targets to kill rats with your upgraded weapons and armor. Killing enough rats will then light the scoop to start the final timed phase, where shooting ramps and loops will kill goons at the consulate. Killing enough of the goons will light the scoop for one last shot to finish the mode. This is very difficult to accomplish, good luck!

#16730 2 years ago

Currently, the game does do some weighting on the random to try to give adventures you haven’t played recently more of a chance to show up - but it doesn’t track those kind of stats over time between power downs, and anything you haven’t already played in the current game is always a possibility, even if it’s a smaller one.

So, for example, if you play a game and play whirly and scary terry - then start a new game, it’s mathematically less likely that you’ll get whirly or terry, but they ARE still possible.

I could revamp that stuff. It’s not the kind of thing that needs licensor approval. Just not sure if it’s worth the time.

#16731 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Pickle Rick: This mode is unique among the implemented modes so far because unlike the other Adventures, it can only be started at the garage; both shots that lead to the garage will begin flashing purple when this mode is qualified instead of the center scoop and Rick will begin telling you to come to the Garage. Landing the shot in the Garage to start the mode will actually hold the ball (instead of the usual instant left inlane scoop eject) so you can relax and watch the intro, where out of pure incompetence and a desire to brag, Rick turned himself into a pickle, Morty! He’s Pickle Rick! Advance through the life cycle of this scientific monstrosity by first hitting the bumper or slingshot enough times to get off the ground, then shoot the scoop. You’ll then be tasked to shoot targets to kill rats with your upgraded weapons and armor. Killing enough rats will then light the scoop to start the final timed phase, where shooting ramps and loops will kill goons at the consulate. Killing enough of the goons will light the scoop for one last shot to finish the mode. This is very difficult to accomplish, good luck!

*Can be started at the scoop if you light mystery before starting the mode.

#16732 2 years ago

Well, if you ever feel like revamping, here's the coolest thing that could happen for me, as 99% of games played on my machine are by me during this covid mess.

If there was a setting option called "no repeats" or something, located in the menu with the tournament on/off section possibly, I'd play that option all the time. While the game is powered on and in that setting, one doesn't see a repeat of a mode until they've all been played. Same for dimensions. Can still be random order till they've all cycled through.

Apologies if that sounds really stupid. Without my thinking too deep, it just seems like something I'd want to do when I'm hanging out drinking a few beers. Hardly any repeats for a bunch of games when I get a chance to play for a while.

Love the game as is. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

#16733 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Currently, the game does do some weighting on the random to try to give adventures you haven’t played recently more of a chance to show up - but it doesn’t track those kind of stats over time between power downs, and anything you haven’t already played in the current game is always a possibility, even if it’s a smaller one.
So, for example, if you play a game and play whirly and scary terry - then start a new game, it’s mathematically less likely that you’ll get whirly or terry, but they ARE still possible.
I could revamp that stuff. It’s not the kind of thing that needs licensor approval. Just not sure if it’s worth the time.

I think it's good balanced as it is. Thanks for explanation!

#16734 2 years ago

Yeah I'm also fine with it as-is, no issue with the slight weighting and you can always powercycle to reset.

#16735 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I think it's good balanced as it is. Thanks for explanation!

In a future update, please store and retrieve these stats for better math distribution. I suspect many of us play very few games between power-downs.

#16736 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

However you did the random in this game it is brilliant! I don’t know if you used rand + time of day or date logic, but I would swear things were choreographed. I have played it hundreds of times and I think I still hear new things every once in a while.

#16737 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Once compiled and then uncompiled, it does not literally translate back into the line of code you typed to create the processing command. Yes, you can see what’s happening at the processor level but you don’t get the structure that was used to create the ML. You won’t ‘see’ my code. Hence my comment, “it doesn’t exactly work like that.”
You can unscramble the egg but you don’t get the egg you started with is my point.

Yes, but imagine instead of scrambling an egg, I just locked it in a car. I think that is a better analogy for how I see this going in the future.

#16738 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yes, but imagine instead of scrambling an egg, I just locked it in a car. I think that is a better analogy for how I see this going in the future.

If there was only one programming language I would agree.

#16739 2 years ago

Santa hates flipper fade as well, installing them tomorrow

PXL_20211224_221950398 (resized).jpgPXL_20211224_221950398 (resized).jpg

#16740 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all R&M freaks!

#16741 2 years ago

Yeah Merry Xmas fellow enthusiasts

#16742 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16743 2 years ago
B128CD50-0E1C-4517-9D11-70237ACF2809 (resized).jpegB128CD50-0E1C-4517-9D11-70237ACF2809 (resized).jpeg
#16744 2 years ago

Hope you all got everything you asked for

Screenshot_20211225-140331_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211225-140331_Facebook (resized).jpg
#16745 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Hope you all got everything you asked for
[quoted image]

That’s fuckin fantastic.

#16746 2 years ago

Cleaning out my spare parts. I have a few figures and hinges left.]
PM if interested.
IMG_5405 (resized).jpgIMG_5405 (resized).jpg

0421FC6E-5AE6-4B35-925D-B7617C5533C9 (resized).jpeg0421FC6E-5AE6-4B35-925D-B7617C5533C9 (resized).jpeg
#16747 2 years ago

Did anyone see who won the R&M that adult swim was giving away a few weeks ago? I didn’t know if they announced the winner publicly or contacted them privately.

#16748 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Did anyone see who won the R&M that adult swim was giving away a few weeks ago? I didn’t know if they announced the winner publicly or contacted them privately.

I just know it wasn't me.

#16749 2 years ago

I found this LED in the cabinet.
Has come loose somewhere. A cable leads from the LED to the LED on the multiball. The single LED test does not make the LED shine. Only the complete test switches the LED on. The special thing is that it does not have a plug like the other LED`s.
Any idea where it belongs?

C2BBA6E2-DF35-4B80-A321-CFDA5B3C97A4 (resized).jpegC2BBA6E2-DF35-4B80-A321-CFDA5B3C97A4 (resized).jpegD1C9EB84-F9D0-4590-9663-984CE9C2E947 (resized).jpegD1C9EB84-F9D0-4590-9663-984CE9C2E947 (resized).jpeg
#16750 2 years ago

Deleted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

9,699 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Trade
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

There are 20,228 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/335?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.