(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 404.
#16651 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Game code check:
rm-gamecode-20210810
the most current stable build?

Yes

https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/

#16652 2 years ago

My upper flipper was weak and then intermittent, so I checked and found a cold solder joint on the coil lug. At first glance, it looked ok but when I tugged on the wire, it was obviously no longer making good contact. See before and after pictures.

20211211_144831 (resized).jpg20211211_144831 (resized).jpg20211211_145049 (resized).jpg20211211_145049 (resized).jpg
#16653 2 years ago

Dumb question - how do I turn off extra balls? I enabled tournament settings, but it still awards extra balls.

#16654 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Dumb question - how do I turn off extra balls? I enabled tournament settings, but it still awards extra balls.

machine standard settings - extra ball limit - off

or, you could just play like me and not have to worry about pesky extra balls being rewarded

#16655 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

machine standard settings - extra ball limit - off
or, you could just play like me and not have to worry about pesky extra balls being rewarded

I tried putting the extra ball limit to off, but doesn't that just turn off the extra ball limit (essentially unlimited extra balls?). I have league night coming up so we turn off extra balls to keep game times reasonable.

#16656 2 years ago

We just naked plunge all Extra Balls in our league.

Skill Shots allowed, but no flippers.

#16657 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I tried putting the extra ball limit to off, but doesn't that just turn off the extra ball limit (essentially unlimited extra balls?). I have league night coming up so we turn off extra balls to keep game times reasonable.

Bahhhhaahhahahaha, he's worried about ball time on rick and Morty,LOL

#16658 2 years ago

Adjustment "Extra ball limit" is usually defined as a number - this is the most EBs you can earn per game, or OFF (no extra balls).

As others have indicated, it's unlikely that EBs or balltime in general will be an issue at your league.

#16659 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Dumb question - how do I turn off extra balls? I enabled tournament settings, but it still awards extra

For my leagues and tournaments I turn EB to off. I have found the tournament setting to cause the game to freeze, so I just leave it in regular mode, EBs off.

#16660 2 years ago

Looking to trade a new Halloween for a RM. Let me know if you might interested.

Thanks in advance!

#16661 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I guess that is poorly worded. It's not the limit you're turning off - it's extra balls entirely, when set to off. Sorry it's confusing.

#16662 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I guess that is poorly worded. .

To be fixed in the next update with new adventure?

#16663 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

To be fixed in the next update with new adventure(s)?

#16664 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Looking to trade a new Halloween for a RM. Let me know if you might interested.
Thanks in advance!

Ha! That's a good one...

#16665 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Ha! That's a good one...

I’m ignorant, so I’m honestly asking. Was Rick & Morty as far behind code wise as Halloween at this point in release ?

Halloween is such a beautiful machine in my opinion, can only assume it will get better over time. Not saying it’ll be as good as R&M , but curious if R&M had as many bugs , lack of clips, etc. so early on.

#16666 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I’m ignorant, so I’m honestly asking. Was Rick & Morty as far behind code wise as Halloween at this point in release ?
Halloween is such a beautiful machine in my opinion, can only assume it will get better over time. Not saying it’ll be as good as R&M , but curious if R&M had as many bugs , lack of clips, etc. so early on.

My understanding is there are different programmers for Spooky. Eric Priepke coded most of Rick and Morty. It was very playable at launch with more modes and dimensions, as well as bug fixes, added during production. I believe Fawzma and Bug are coding Halloween, but I'm not 100% sure. When I had Alice Cooper, which was a Fawzma game, the updates were less frequent and included fewer features added compared to what my experience has been with Rick and Morty.

#16667 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I guess that is poorly worded. It's not the limit you're turning off - it's extra balls entirely, when set to off. Sorry it's confusing.

That did the trick, extra balls are off. Don't feel bad about the wording, my grasp of the English language is tenuous as well.

#16668 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

An obvious difference is the software team has to develop 2 licenses simultaneously. This complicates the code development.

IMHO, R&M was fun/engaging from it's inception. I sold my UMCE NIB and took a considerable loss because I'm not in the mood for a 9 month "journey". Oh well...you win some you lose some. Still rooting for Spooky to make UMCE great, but at the moment, for me, it's just not fun/engaging.

#16669 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

For my leagues and tournaments I turn EB to off. I have found the tournament setting to cause the game to freeze, so I just leave it in regular mode, EBs off.

I know there was a tournament mode reset bug in the dimensions shots, it got fixed with a code update a few months back.

The only other bug I know about is when you turn adventure ball save timer to zero/off and you do a mode - multiball stack it resets the game.

#16670 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

My understanding is there are different programmers for Spooky. Eric Priepke coded most of Rick and Morty. It was very playable at launch with more modes and dimensions, as well as bug fixes, added during production. I believe Fawzma and Bug are coding Halloween, but I'm not 100% sure. When I had Alice Cooper, which was a Fawzma game, the updates were less frequent and included fewer features added compared to what my experience has been with Rick and Morty.

The execution of code on ACNC, IMO. was sub-par. It just felt homebrew-ish. I owned the game for quite a while and hung onto it with the promise of lots of polish. It just never happened. RM is a completely different experience. It doesn't feel like a homebrew!

#16671 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The execution of code on ACNC, IMO. was sub-par. It just felt homebrew-ish. I owned the game for quite a while and hung onto it with the promise of lots of polish. It just never happened. RM is a completely different experience. It doesn't feel like a homebrew!

I agree, Rick and Morty code feels very much of a professional production level software release. I was disappointed with the ACNC software updates. There were still bugs and glitchy behavior in the game, especially during multi-ball modes. I thought that additional code for features could really improve ACNC, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I sold mine about a year ago and don't miss it. I really enjoy my Rick and Morty and I don't see it leaving my collection.

#16672 2 years ago

Yeah… second I heard Fawzma was on code for Halloween, 1knew I was out… just because of my ACNC experience.

#16673 2 years ago

So...I was trying to update to the latest code. Screen indicated the update finished. I turned off, removed thumb drive, and then turned on and getting this screen now. Where did I go wrong?

20211219_182434 (resized).jpg20211219_182434 (resized).jpg
#16674 2 years ago
Quoted from danimal:

So...I was trying to update to the latest code. Screen indicated the update finished. I turned off, removed thumb drive, and then turned on and getting this screen now. Where did I go wrong?
[quoted image]

A few options

Do it again
Reformat and do it again
Try different usb and do it again

#16675 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So I'm just going to ask... a while ago you said in the next update there would be an option to dim the backbox for playing in a dark environment (like current Sterns).

Is this update still in the works or.... ?

Thanks

#16676 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So I'm just going to ask... a while ago you said in the next update there would be an option to dim the backbox for playing in a dark environment (like current Sterns).
Is this update still in the works or.... ?
Thanks

Just hasn't been enough else changed to warrant updating so far. The beta build currently only has these changes:

- Added: More unused call-outs worked in for various things
- Fixed: Race condition that could cause a crash with the scary terry roving shot
- Fixed: GMB locks that "timed out" weren't removed from "locks qualified" and would cause weirdness.
- Added: New optional setting to disable backbox LED during gameplay (glare)
- Fixed: New reset logic to avoid 'stuck' dimension sound effects
- Fixed: Closed a loophole that could cause a crash in Rick Potion No. 9
- Fixed: Logic issues made the flipper + antigrav setting not work as expected in all cases

#16677 2 years ago

More callouts alone makes it worth while! Plus the flipper/antigrav fix. Push that baby out please!!!

#16678 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just hasn't been enough else changed to warrant updating so far. The beta build currently only has these changes:
- Fixed: Race condition that could cause a crash with the scary terry roving shot
- Fixed: GMB locks that "timed out" weren't removed from "locks qualified" and would cause weirdness.
- Fixed: Logic issues made the flipper + antigrav setting not work as expected in all cases

Very cool. I would be really happy, if you could also add a dim to extra ball sign on lower digits. It's quite bright in dark environment.

#16679 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Very cool. I would be really happy, if you could also add a dim to extra ball sign on lower digits. It's quite bright in dark environment.

Haha, yeah, thought it was just me, it is downright blinding when EB is lit. I don't know why that is so much brighter but it is like the sun.

#16680 2 years ago

Is it the digits that are too bright? or the two side LEDs?

#16681 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The 2 leds on the side. It only seems to be when they are orange. The rest of the time they are fine.

#16682 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Digits for me

#16683 2 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Digits for me

Interesting.

#16684 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The 2 leds on the side. It only seems to be when they are orange. The rest of the time they are fine.

I'll bump those down to the darker orange.

Quoted from gutz:

Digits for me

I'll add a machine setting for "Playfield Digit Display Brightness" with 4 levels so you can tune that part.

#16685 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'll bump those down to the darker orange.

I'll a machine setting for "Playfield Digit Display Brightness" with 4 levels so you can tune that part.

It is blinding!!! I almost sold my machine because of this and the busted coin door lock…

Ha ha, It would be awesome if we could control that brightness on both the leds and the digits!

Thanks Eric!

#16686 2 years ago

I don't get an extra ball enough to actually complain about it lol

#16687 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

It is blinding!!! I almost sold my machine because of this and the busted coin door lock…
Ha ha, It wouks be awesome if we could control that brightness on both the leds and the digits!
Thanks Eric!

Ahhhh yes, the broken coin door lock ... it's been a marvelous journey hasn't it!

#16688 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ya this is just not enough, how about 3 new adventures to round it out!

#16689 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya this is just not enough, how about 3 new adventures to round it out!

I wish Spooky would just come out and say it - RickandMorty is Finalized. I think the idea they spoke to of future mode/episodes with new seasons being possible is kaput. Spooky, why the silence ???

#16690 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I wish Spooky would just come out and say it - RickandMorty is Finalized. I think the idea they spoke to of future mode/episodes with new seasons being possible is kaput. Spooky, why the silence ???

Why would they lock themselves in a position of stating the code is done. It has been mentioned before that new content needs to be approved by the license holder, so there may be the potential of more to come.

#16691 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Spooky, why the silence ???

The coder himself has posted only 5 posts before your post.

rd

#16692 2 years ago

All I know...what a blast to play!!! Crazy fast, seemingly from nowhere at times....really, really enjoying this game..

#16693 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just hasn't been enough else changed to warrant updating so far.

Is it too late to consider polishing a couple small audio rough spots?
1) in the schwifty adventure, when you fail; at some point after the call out "DISQUALIFIED" the audio level drops.
2) In Scary Terry, when you get the call out "He sure says Bitch a lot" you can hear Terry start to say something right at the end of the clip. That just needs like 1/4 second trimmed off.
Really nit picky stuff

Also, I have been meaning to ask; when you have a slam save, what happens when you spell s-l-a-m again? It doesn't stack another save and it doesn't seem to add points unless I missed it. Maybe each time it's spelled it could extend the length of the slam save grace period or something else beneficial? I like TNA's lane save rule that allows stacking of the ball saves with multiple lane completions. But for R&M I do think stacking slam saves would a bit game breaking.

#16694 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Also, I have been meaning to ask; when you have a slam save, what happens when you spell s-l-a-m again?

When you complete "SLAM" it add a slam bonus hit to the pop bumper, indicated by a colored flashing light, with a matching color wave outward when you actually hit it. If you spell slam a second time, without hitting the pop, the value goes up and the light changes color. There are five levels of this. The scoring is exponential, so it gets big - and it ups the value of the actual slam save.

#16695 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Why would they lock themselves in a position of stating the code is done. It has been mentioned before that new content needs to be approved by the license holder, so there may be the potential of more to come.

Then they should confirm that is still the case. Will they be seeking to add content or is it done. Its a simple update to make to owners.

#16696 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Then they should confirm that is still the case. Will they be seeking to add content or is it done. Its a simple update to make to owners.

I think it is pretty safe to say whatever contract they had is expired. Anything further would require new negotiations, and probably more money. It was also mentioned that the company (AS) is no longer owned by the same people that owned it when this was started. I don't think we ever found any definitive answer to that though. As all their efforts are currently on HWN/ULT I doubt anything is planned anytime soon or at all, otherwise epthegeek would have hinted at it.

#16697 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Is it too late to consider polishing a couple small audio rough spots? <snip>.
2) In Scary Terry, when you get the call out "He sure says Bitch a lot" you can hear Terry start to say something right at the end of the clip. That just needs like 1/4 second trimmed off.

In attract mode, scary Terry shouts something when you push the buttons which, which I think probably had "bitch" at the end of it but is cutoff. Is that on purpose?

The main audio thing that bugs me is on one of the MATCH clips when they are flying away from the planet about to explode, it becomes super quiet while they are fleeing, and then the explosion/shaker goes off. Seems like there should be more noise or louder screaming or something during that flight before the explosion. A clip I see alot so I am watching intently.

#16698 2 years ago

Yes scary terry does have some audio glitches in it, but hard to track down exactly when/what it is, but as others have described, it seems like something is either cut off at the end of a clip, or it starts another clip and gets cut off. It is definitely Terry that gets cut off.

#16699 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

In attract mode, scary Terry shouts something which I think probably had "bitch" at the end of it but is cutoff. Is that on purpose?

Yes. The people who were in charge of approvals later in the timeline preferred removing the offending words to bleeping them. A lot. That's what they wanted.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

The main audio thing that bugs me is on one of the MATCH clips when they are flying away from the planet about to explode, it becomes super quiet while they are fleeing, and then the explosion/shaker goes off. Seems like there should be more noise or louder screaming or something during that flight before the explosion. A clip I see alot so I am watching intently.

All the video had to go through approvals, and most of the 'notes' we got back were about audio. That match clip is how they wanted it.

#16700 2 years ago

Thanks for the explanations, Eric. Game is great as-is but I certainly wouldn't complain if y'all got the chance to add more stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 334 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/334?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.