(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 404.
#16501 2 years ago

Can someone who has installed the mag switches for the orbits post a pic of how they connected the wires up? I'm assuming I'm meant to solder and heat shrink the existing leads to the ones installed on the switch, but I just want to make sure I'm not making more work for myself than I need to.

#16502 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Can someone who has installed the mag switches for the orbits post a pic of how they connected the wires up? I'm assuming I'm meant to solder and heat shrink the existing leads to the ones installed on the switch, but I just want to make sure I'm not making more work for myself than I need to.

That’s how you do it. Solder and heat shrink.

#16503 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That’s how you do it. Solder and heat shrink.

Excellent, thank you.

#16504 2 years ago

So now I can backhand the right ramp. I had someone adjust my right flipper. It is pretty extreme.

99E09A19-A829-4C51-9D9F-600A73221BA4 (resized).jpeg99E09A19-A829-4C51-9D9F-600A73221BA4 (resized).jpeg
#16505 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So now I can backhand the right ramp. I had someone adjust my right flipper. It is pretty extreme.[quoted image]

I'm close to this .....but I have both about the same. I have OCD so when I see both flippers not aligned about the same it drives me bonkers.

#16506 2 years ago

Do you have any issues now making the left ramp from the right flipper?

I want to play around with the resting position of the flipper bats, but not sure how do adjust. Is anyone able to advise on how to do it?
Just want to move the right flipper slightly down, but do not know what to loosen.

#16507 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Do you have any issues now making the left ramp from the right flipper?
I want to play around with the resting position of the flipper bats, but not sure how do adjust. Is anyone able to advise on how to do it?
Just want to move the right flipper slightly down, but do not know what to loosen.

Lift the playfield, the flipper finger and shaft is held in place with an allen wrench screw. Open it a little bit and adjust the flipper up/down and tighten it again.

#16508 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Lift the playfield, the flipper finger and shaft is held in place with an allen wrench screw. Open it a little bit and adjust the flipper up/down and tighten it again.

Make sure you scrub in, first. A secondary infection could cause a fuse to blow, or worse yet: total MPU failure.

#16509 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Anyone have a picture of the exact location? I just do not want to unscrew the wrong one and mess something up. Appreciate it.

#16510 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Anyone have a picture of the exact location? I just do not want to unscrew the wrong one and mess something up. Appreciate it.

Screenshot_20211116-082730_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211116-082730_Chrome (resized).jpg

#16511 2 years ago

So I just loosen that nut? Does not look like an allen wrench screw though.

#16512 2 years ago

So what would be the going price for a standard edition?

#16513 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Loosen it... and you'll be able to manipulate the bat/shaft. Whatever you do, don't go crazy on tightening it. Yes, it needs to be tight to hold the shaft... but if you over tighten you'll end up with a broken screw.

Also, make sure the flipper bat maintains a little gap between it and the playfield. I usually slip a credit card under the bat (abutting the shaft) to make sure it maintains a minimal gap.

#16514 2 years ago

Allen head cap screw with a locknut inch the other end. You’ll need to have an Allen wrench to hold the screw while loosening the nut. Just loosen enough so that you can manually move the flipper but not so much that it’s flopping around. Also make sure you leave a gap between the bushing and bottom of the flipper. If you don’t have one of those tools you can use a credit card. I cut a little opening in an old Starbucks gift card

Quoted from wackenhut:

#16515 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

So what would be the going price for a standard edition?

I had a hard time getting rid of my BSE with everything except better cab. Finally sold it for $9500. Perhaps if I opened the listing up to shipping I’d have had better luck, but I didn’t wanna deal with it.

What was the final cost of a standard edition?

#16516 2 years ago

Loosen with a 3/8 (I think) box wrench. I don't believe an allen wrench is needed...at least on mine. Please note that these are usually very tight. If you do not tighten it enough it won't hold.

#16517 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I had a hard time getting rid of my BSE with everything except better cab. Finally sold it for $9500. Perhaps if I opened the listing up to shipping I’d have had better luck, but I didn’t wanna deal with it.
What was the final cost of a standard edition?

I believe they should be within a very close price. Almost negligible. There's only a handful made and they can have all of the same features at build except for the speaker covers and the kalaxian crystal armour color.

edit- and you never know, a buyer may lean more towards the hammered grey color anyway (not me though)

FYI. the price of R&M has gone up a lot in recent months.

#16518 2 years ago

It is tight as heck, I do not want to break the mechanism to unscrew the nut.

#16519 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It is. It has to be or it will slip. I wish there were a better way. It never feels right cranking down on that nut so much.

#16520 2 years ago

Is there a better angle not to screw it up?

CB0194E1-9FCD-4E94-B44F-80B011709C99 (resized).jpegCB0194E1-9FCD-4E94-B44F-80B011709C99 (resized).jpeg
#16521 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is there a better angle not to screw it up?
[quoted image]

GIVER MAN

#16522 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Yeah, tightening it back up makes me nervous because of how much force it required… but without it, the flipper just snaps back out of alignment when used. I actually want to tweak mine again but keep pushing it off because I find tweaking the flippers on a Spooky machine to be a huge pain in the ass… 2 tools in coordination at full force around obstructions.

#16523 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

except for the speaker covers and the kalaxian crystal armour color

My standard actually came with the speaker covers, but I think that might be because I ordered the speaker lights?

The only real difference as far as I know is the purple colored armor vs the hammered space gray armor and the portal protectors around the flipper buttons.

And I think the difference in price between the Standard and BSE was around $550 if I remember correctly.

RM (resized).jpgRM (resized).jpg
#16524 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

My standard actually came with the speaker covers, but I think that might be because I ordered the speaker lights?
The only real difference as far as I know is the purple colored armor vs the hammered space gray armor and the portal protectors around the flipper buttons.
And I think the difference in price between the Standard and BSE was around $550 if I remember correctly.
[quoted image]

Yep, the speaker covers came on the standard if you bought the Interactive RGB Speaker Kit upgrade.

#16525 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

This, and the re-tightening issue, is why I ended up lowering the flippers with the "X spacers" rather than the new bushings.

#16526 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

*snip*
The only real difference as far as I know is the purple colored armor vs the hammered space gray armor and the portal protectors around the flipper buttons *snip*

And the standard didn't have a matching coin door option, and the badge of honor was BSE only, also the shooter ramp color changed to what it should be.

I purposefully hunted down a gray Standard that was nearly fully loaded. Way better than the purple IMO.

My son is literally mad that I took it offline but haven't installed the Xspacers yet. He is convinced that is the sole downfall of his shots once I told him about it lol. I had to special order the screws for the Xspacers and installing some mods while it's down.

#16527 2 years ago

I think mine looks good with the purple coin door.

797C8916-E87F-4825-961A-9717153F30F4 (resized).jpeg797C8916-E87F-4825-961A-9717153F30F4 (resized).jpeg
#16528 2 years ago

Hey guys,

for everyone who will change the stock display for a new IPS display - I desinged some Mounting Brackets for new IPS Display.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5140450

Hope it helps.

#16529 2 years ago

When everyone mentions the flippers getting weak, is it in relation to making the 2 ramps? How come some machines have this issue and some don't?

#16530 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Lost my anti gravity magnet. Switches work shaker motor reacts when pressed but no magnet. Checked magnet in self test and nothing. What next to check?
Thanks,
Al

Did you get this issue solved? I have the exact same problem. My magnet stopped working right after I installed the flipper spacers, so I figured I must have caused a wire to come loose. But I still can't solve the issue.

#16531 2 years ago

Arghhhhh... adventure number 10 lit with multiball ready and I drained it all away.

#16532 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Arghhhhh... adventure number 10 lit with multiball ready and I drained it all away.

Oh man, it sucks when you leave something like that on the table. It's happened to me before.

#16533 2 years ago

We’ve all been there ✊

#16534 2 years ago

You'll get it!

Rick Potion 9 is fantastic!

#16535 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

When everyone mentions the flippers getting weak, is it in relation to making the 2 ramps? How come some machines have this issue and some don't?

Most only have the issue of making the left ramp, you're the only one I've heard that had a problem backhanding the right one. If you take the steps of having the right bushings, proper EOS gap and installing less beefy return springs then you should have plenty of power to make left ramp even with some flipper fade through a long game. The cooling fans also help if you would rather go that rout instead of correcting other things mentioned.

#16536 2 years ago

So I can't seem to find the answer...how do you use the magnasave and the second flipper button what does it do and when do you use it.

#16537 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I can't seem to find the answer...how do you use the magnasave and the second flipper button what does it do and when do you use it.

The meter above the right slingshot is your battery for the magnasave. The magnet is...roughly above the outlane area. The higher the battery level, the stronger the magnet action will be on the ball. The second flipper triggers it. You want to 'pulse' it, not hold it down in most cases - it will not stop the ball, just direct it, generally slingshotting it back to the center area. Earlier is better than later.

#16538 2 years ago

Thank you!

#16539 2 years ago

Did the later builds incorporate the new smaller bushings?

#16540 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

No, not as of #549 at least.

#16541 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Nope, shorter bushings never came in any of the games from Spooky, AFAIK. I installed spacers in #737, didn't make a massive difference for me personally (other than rubber wear) but the ball is maybe a bit more controllable, less spin?

#16542 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The higher the battery level, the stronger the magnet action will be on the ball.

I'm not sure this is correct. The battery level drains as you hold down the magnet button, but the magnet power is always the same. A very low meter may seem like a weaker magnet, but that's just because you have a very short burst.

#16543 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm not sure this is correct. The battery level drains as you hold down the magnet button, but the magnet power is always the same. A very low meter may seem like a weaker magnet, but that's just because you have a very short burst.

I may be incorrect about that detail, but Scott upvoted my post so I would have thought if it was incorrect he would have called it out. I thought it was mentioned here before that was how it worked.

#16544 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I may be incorrect about that detail, but Scott upvoted my post so I would have thought if it was incorrect he would have called it out. I thought it was mentioned here before that was how it worked.

Can't argue with Scott I stand corrected!

#16545 2 years ago

It's the same strength, the meter is how long you can hold it on. That's all.

#16546 2 years ago

Scott somewhere mentioned that he is very happy about that magna save feature. And yes, it is very good.

You have to figure out the behavior and learn how to use and time it. If you do, it's really fun and possible to avoid draining most times. You can sling the ball back to flippers or time the magnet carefully to slightly move from out- to inlane. It's really not easy... And adds much fun to the pin.

Great feature plus on a great and unique pin!

#16547 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Scott somewhere mentioned that he is very happy about that magna save feature. And yes, it is very good.
You have to figure out the behavior and learn how to use and time it. If you do, it's really fun and possible to avoid draining most times. You can sling the ball back to flippers or time the magnet carefully to slightly move from out- to inlane. It's really not easy... And adds much fun to the pin.

and once you get addicted to using it, you try to use it on other games...doh!

#16548 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

It's all about the "tap, tap, tap" - holding it doesn't cut it. gotta tap it, it'll suck that ball clean over to the pop

#16549 2 years ago

Working on my upper flipper alignment since I am swapping shooter ramp. Even with rubber post ring removed, I can't get it perfect. Middle screw can no longer be installed and middle tab is hitting black rail. End tab screw is maxed out and will need to be re-drilled to go farther. Will going that last little bit be worth drilling new holes or will I notice a difference?

Factory before:
20211122_150536 (resized).jpg20211122_150536 (resized).jpg
As close as I can go:
20211122_151128 (resized).jpg20211122_151128 (resized).jpg
20211122_152120 (resized).jpg20211122_152120 (resized).jpg

#16550 2 years ago

I

Quoted from Morgoth00:

Working on my upper flipper alignment since I am swapping shooter ramp. Even with rubber post ring removed, I can't get it perfect. Middle screw can no longer be installed and middle tab is hitting black rail. End tab screw is maxed out and will need to be re-drilled to go farther. Will going that last little bit be worth drilling new holes or will I notice a difference?
Factory before:
[quoted image]
As close as I can go:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I just adjusted this……portal shot is much easier now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,300 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/331?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.