(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 405.
#16451 2 years ago

post the video

#16452 2 years ago

I would be ecstatic if my scoop only rejected half the time!

I am going to try reducing my flipper power to the absolute minimum that still makes the ramps solidly, maybe that will calm the ball down for the scoop. The flipper coils should stay cooler longer then, too, I would think.

#16453 2 years ago

I just want to be able to backhand the right ramp -- I am at 38 power with new bushings.

#16454 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I just want to be able to backhand the right ramp -- I am at 38 power with new bushings.

I just weird you have enough power to make left ramp but not backhand the right one. Check your flipper position, maybe the previous owner changed where they should be from factory. Here is my flipper positioning.

20210423_222224 (resized).jpg20210423_222224 (resized).jpg
#16455 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I just weird you have enough power to make left ramp but not backhand the right one. Check your flipper position, maybe the previous owner changed where they should be from factory. Here is my flipper positioning.[quoted image]

Mine are a touch lower than this (closer to the hole). Is this how most folks have them? I can hit the right ramp on a backhand.

#16456 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Update 2: Scary Terry Mod Order List is Filled. I have 5 people on waitlist if the 12 buyers have change of mind. I have 13/16 Squanchys remaining. They could be in a magnet form like Terry or on a Pop Bumper cap in the Pic above. Please let me know in a PM on the Squanchys if you have interest!
Thanks for everyones support and feedback. This is my first Mod and appreciate it

Update 3 - A loooooot of interest! Thanks!!! I will send out PMs this weekend summing up status/build time/shipping/etc. to everyone. This is a weekend hobby effort for me, so it will take a bit of time. No payment until its done/ready to ship!

Scary Terry is Sold Out. There are currently 8 guys on a waitlist if I can make more of Terry. I am looking around the web for more of him at reasonable cost and will reach out to you regarding options as they occur. If you want on wait list then please still PM me for Terry.

Squanchy - 9/16 are left. So those are still possibility.

Again, thanks for feedback. I have some other exciting mod ideas for R&M that I want to share but I want to finish this round first for everyone on request list.

#16457 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I just weird you have enough power to make left ramp but not backhand the right one. Check your flipper position, maybe the previous owner changed where they should be from factory. Here is my flipper positioning.[quoted image]

So this is my current flipper position that will not backhand the right ramp.

1E94F294-659B-4D87-91A0-6862C7A56ACB (resized).jpeg1E94F294-659B-4D87-91A0-6862C7A56ACB (resized).jpeg
#16458 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Wow! I am at 23 power and can backhand the right ramp with ease. My flipper positioning is identical to manadams

#16459 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So this is my current flipper position that will not backhand the right ramp.[quoted image]

Maybe the answer is your flipper power is too high affecting the backhand, try setting to 25 or lower and see if you can do it.

#16460 2 years ago

How hot are the coils supposed to get after several games. When I was done, I did feel the right flipper coil and it was pretty hot. Although, this is not the reason why I can't backhand since I have tried from when I first turn on the machine.

#16461 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So this is my current flipper position that will not backhand the right ramp.[quoted image]

How steep is your playfield?? In the 6.5-7 range it should backhand ok, mine does. Beyond 7 it may struggle unless coils are cooled and wound right up.

#16462 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

How hot are the coils supposed to get after several games. When I was done, I did feel the right flipper coil and it was pretty hot. Although, this is not the reason why I can't backhand since I have tried from when I first turn on the machine.

Do you the new bushings or x-spacers installed?

#16463 2 years ago

When you guys are saying you can backhand the shot, are you making it from a trap position or do you need speed from the outlane?
Yes, have the new bushings installed.

#16464 2 years ago

I can hit it from trap... I can't imagine it's possible without trapping. The speed would make that angle almost impossible to hit, no?

#16465 2 years ago

Yeah you are right lol

#16466 2 years ago

Hey guys so I made today a bunch of games and noticed following behavoir with my R&M:

1. Ball save during multiball

In the 3 Ball Multiball I lost one ball after a few seconds. During the ballsave period of 10 seconds it came back. All fine... But while the new ball was in shooterlane a second ball was lost during the Multiball in the ball save period (2 seconds before it was over)... These ball wasn't not served again. I only had a two ball Multiball, but the balls were lost during the ballsave timer period... Is this normal ?

2. Ball launch

During the gameplay the ball launch is not consist. In the Multiball (see point one) it needs 2-3 trys to get the second ball up to the launch rail... No idea how I can fix it.

3. Scoop STDM

Sometime my scoop fires the ball not on the right flipper or the tip of the right flipper - the ball goes STDM.
Is there a known fix for?

Thank you guys.

#16467 2 years ago

Can anyone who has installed the new IPS from Pinball Mod Co give me an idea of how long it will take to complete the install? I don't have many pockets of time open this weekend and am trying to figure out if I should wait. 30 minutes? 1 hour? 2 hours? Thanks!

#16468 2 years ago

Mine just shipped & I just sold my BSE

#16469 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Can anyone who has installed the new IPS from Pinball Mod Co give me an idea of how long it will take to complete the install? I don't have many pockets of time open this weekend and am trying to figure out if I should wait. 30 minutes? 1 hour? 2 hours? Thanks!

20 mins should be fine if everything goes good and you don't have questions or problems. Fyi original metal screen holder latch is discarded. I am still waiting to hear back on the intended location of the different included black strips.

-Disconnect wires
-Remove key lock nut/bracket/ and assy
-remove monitor nuts
-Loosen both speakers enough to remove monitor, and/or swivel right speaker out of way
-install mystery black pads(?)
-set new monitor in place
-install 3d printed controller bracket onto lock assy and secure nut
-install 3d printed clamps to hold monitor
-re-tighten speakers
-screw controller board assemblies to 3d printed bracket
-install new ribbon cable from monitor to controller (delicate part).. blue strip facing up on board.
-reconnect wires
20211110_172515 (resized).jpg20211110_172515 (resized).jpg20211110_175311 (resized).jpg20211110_175311 (resized).jpg

20211110_171450 (resized).jpg20211110_171450 (resized).jpg20211110_171841 (resized).jpg20211110_171841 (resized).jpg
#16470 2 years ago

Anyones ball get stuck on initial launch between the rollover switch and the rail if it diverts to the left?

#16471 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

20 mins should be fine if everything goes good and you don't have questions or problems. Fyi original metal screen holder latch is discarded. I am still waiting to hear back on the intended location of the different included black strips.
-Disconnect wires
-remove monitor nuts
-Loosen both speakers enough to remove monitor, and/or swivel right speaker out of way
-re-tighten speakers
-reconnect wires[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow this is great, thanks for typing this out for the group! I also got the plexi protector add on, I wonder if the mystery black strips are to use between that and the IPS?

#16472 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hey guys so I made today a bunch of games and noticed following behavoir with my R&M:
In the 3 Ball Multiball I lost one ball after a few seconds. During the ballsave period of 10 seconds it came back. All fine... But while the new ball was in shooterlane a second ball was lost during the Multiball in the ball save period (2 seconds before it was over)... These ball wasn't not served again. I only had a two ball Multiball, but the balls were lost during the ballsave timer period... Is this normal ?
2. Ball launch
During the gameplay the ball launch is not consist. In the Multiball (see point one) it needs 2-3 trys to get the second ball up to the launch rail... No idea how I can fix it.
3. Scoop STDM
Sometime my scoop fires the ball not on the right flipper or the tip of the right flipper - the ball goes STDM.
Thank you guys.

Not sure about 1, but suspect it has something to do with 2.

You can can adjust the strength of your ball launch in the menu settings, but know that the original launch lane wire form is flawed. Pinball Life sells an updated wire form. Buy it and install it.

As for 3, try slight bending the left corner of the scoop down. It probably won't take much.

#16473 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

I think the bushings really make a big difference and are well worth the offer putting them in.
[quoted image]

Do you notice a difference between the bushings and the spacers? I had assumed that would not be a measurable difference. I guess it could be influenced by the bushings being new and clean like you mentioned as well.

#16474 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

2. Ball launch
3. Scoop STDM
Thank you guys.

1) I'm pretty sure I read in here somewhere that if you drain too many balls during multiball, you won't get balls back, even if there is time left on the ball save.

#16475 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

1) I'm pretty sure I read in here somewhere that if you drain too many balls during multiball, you won't get balls back, even if there is time left on the ball save.

Ok maybe its ajustable in the settings

#16476 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Wow this is great, thanks for typing this out for the group! I also got the plexi protector add on, I wonder if the mystery black strips are to use between that and the IPS?

I put the thicker black strips between each of the 4 brackets and the new screen. It holds it in place that way. I don't know where the thin strips go.

#16477 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

-Disconnect wires
-remove monitor nuts
-re-tighten speakers
-install new ribbon cable from monitor to controller (delicate part).. blue strip facing up on board.
-reconnect wires
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting. I don't have the middle plug. I only have HDMI and the power.

#16478 2 years ago

Highly recommend using super bands on R&M. With the original as well as new silicone rubbers it was super hard to get the ball under control. Now it's still challenging but manageable.

#16479 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. There's a limit to the number of saves you get in multiball. If you drain 3 with only 1 save left you only get one back. And no, there isn't any good visual indication of how many are left, before you ask.

I haven't been able to re-create this, so I'm still not sure exactly what goes on (but it's not reversing the digits). If anybody notices a solid cause, let me know. Beyond that I just keep making guesses at what it might be.

#16480 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Interesting. I don't have the middle plug. I only have HDMI and the power.

Middle plug is only on the latest release spooky machines

#16481 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Highly recommend using super bands on R&M. With the original as well as new silicone rubbers it was super hard to get the ball under control. Now it's still challenging but manageable.

Yes a good recommandation. Superbands helping a Lot

#16482 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

post the video

I can't seem to find my video but here's basically the same thing I'm seeing;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/67#post-5689714

#16483 2 years ago

Anyone know what diameter the longer screws needed for Xspacers would be? #10?? I know I need 5/8 instead of 1/2 just need diameter size. Want to stop on the way home

#16484 2 years ago

These are the ones I ship with the kit. They have them at ace sometimes.

5A2E87DD-4661-433E-A6F4-EF505C3BB49F (resized).jpeg5A2E87DD-4661-433E-A6F4-EF505C3BB49F (resized).jpeg
#16485 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

2. Ball launch
3. Scoop STDM

1. There is a game/software limit to the number of saves with this game. Can’t remember where this was stated but it was Scott D or Bowen that went over it. Basically, even though the ball save may last 12-15 seconds there are a limited number of balls the game will return - can’t remember the specifics.

2. New launch habitrail from Pinball Life (I think) fixed that for me.

3. Loosen the scoop and give it a little force towards the left flipper and tighten it back up. If that doesn’t work, put washers between the playfield and the mech but only on the left side so that the entire mech is slightly canted.

Good luck - it’s a difficult game to get dialed in.

#16486 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I can't seem to find my video but here's basically the same thing I'm seeing;
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/67#post-5689714

That’s a tough one. It almost looks like the back of the scoop is too rigid. I wonder what would happen if you loosened the scoop under the playfield in small increments. Might might get to a point where it feels really secure, but has just enough forgiveness that it can absorb some of the energy that’s causing the ball to rattle out?

#16487 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Do you notice a difference between the bushings and the spacers? I had assumed that would not be a measurable difference. I guess it could be influenced by the bushings being new and clean like you mentioned as well.

I feel like I’m making more shots. However, removing the flippers to swap bushing required me to realign the flippers, and I cleaned up a couple of the shots. Tough to isolate what changes really impacted my play.

#16488 2 years ago

Can someone with Cliffy protectors on the shooting lane post a quick picture of how theirs looks installed? I think I have mine in right. But the protector that is on the right below the side rail has a small piece that sticks out slightly and is scratching the side of my cabinet when raising and lowering. I want to just verify I have that one installed correctly.

#16489 2 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Can someone with Cliffy protectors on the shooting lane post a quick picture of how theirs looks installed? I think I have mine in right. But the protector that is on the right below the side rail has a small piece that sticks out slightly and is scratching the side of my cabinet when raising and lowering. I want to just verify I have that one installed correctly.

Nothing should be sticking out. You need to remove a few of the screws holding the wood rails and slide the cliffy under it.

AD920FF7-04EA-4AFA-B7D4-4E0B62DBDF9F (resized).jpegAD920FF7-04EA-4AFA-B7D4-4E0B62DBDF9F (resized).jpeg
#16490 2 years ago

Lost my anti gravity magnet. Switches work shaker motor reacts when pressed but no magnet. Checked magnet in self test and nothing. What next to check?
Thanks,
Al

#16491 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Nothing should be sticking out. You need to remove a few of the screws holding the wood rails and slide the cliffy under it.
[quoted image]

I’ll take a pic tomorrow…there is a very small bend on the right side that sticks slightly out on mine. I thought it was to help anchor the protector from sliding further into the shooter lane.

#16492 2 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

I’ll take a pic tomorrow…there is a very small bend on the right side that sticks slightly out on mine. I thought it was to help anchor the protector from sliding further into the shooter lane.

That bend and point is meant to go under the wood to grip it. If it's too high, just trim the point with a CHP-170 or equivalent and slide it under there.

#16493 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Lost my anti gravity magnet. Switches work shaker motor reacts when pressed but no magnet. Checked magnet in self test and nothing. What next to check?
Thanks,
Al

Fuse maybe?

#16494 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Thanks,
Al

If it’s just the magnet (and not the right flipper, etc.) it isn’t the fuse. Check for broken wires or bad solder joints first.

#16495 2 years ago

So I was playing last night, and my coin door decal keeps peeling more. Finally decided to just design a plate and 3d print it. Feel free to download and print your own.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5136133
decal_peeling (resized).jpgdecal_peeling (resized).jpg
3d_printed_plate (resized).jpg3d_printed_plate (resized).jpg

#16496 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So I was playing last night, and my coin door decal keeps peeling more. Finally decided to just design a plate and 3d print it. Feel free to download and print your own.

Nice! I wonder if anyone sell Kalaxian Purple filament?

#16497 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Nice! I wonder if anyone sell Kalaxian Purple filament?

Hadn't considered that color scheme

purple_coin_door_decal (resized).pngpurple_coin_door_decal (resized).png
#16498 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

That bend and point is meant to go under the wood to grip it. If it's too high, just trim the point with a CHP-170 or equivalent and slide it under there.

I’m all squared away. For a first time installer of Cliffy’s, it was a little tricky. There was a side rail screw under a PCB board that had to come out. But, it’s in there. I think I’ll skip the Danesi lock 2.0 drop target protectors (loop area) because they look like a real PIA to install.

For those curious, here was how I goofed mine up originally on that bent up bump. Originally, I thought it was there to help prevent the protector from sliding more into the lane. But, as was pointed out it is but goes under to rail.

48DFBAEA-5B25-4CEE-8A8F-6E472F85830A (resized).jpeg48DFBAEA-5B25-4CEE-8A8F-6E472F85830A (resized).jpeg
#16499 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5136133
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

A few of my decals did this, including my cabinet decals.

#16500 2 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

I’m all squared away. For a first time installer of Cliffy’s, it was a little tricky. There was a side rail screw under a PCB board that had to come out. But, it’s in there. I think I’ll skip the Danesi lock 2.0 drop target protectors (loop area) because they look like a real PIA to install.
For those curious, here was how I goofed mine up originally on that bent up bump. Originally, I thought it was there to help prevent the protector from sliding more into the lane. But, as was pointed out it is but goes under to rail.[quoted image]

Not tricky at all to install the drop target protectors. Just remove the mech, slide in the protector, reattach the mech.

A2615975-FED2-42CF-B7F8-9F9059C7BE56 (resized).jpegA2615975-FED2-42CF-B7F8-9F9059C7BE56 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 330 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/330 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.