(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 405.
#1551 4 years ago

New code just posted to the beta page - Anybody having random game reset issues (which isn't everyone) should give this build a try.

Edit: Also flynnibus and knockerlover have reported an out of control ball search in a Tilted state -- I haven't been able to re-create this yet; It just searches & stops normally for everything I've tried. If anybody comes across how to re-create that, let me know!

#1552 4 years ago

Try that Shit mutherfuxker !!!! try it !!!!!

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Haven't seen the info on weight anywhere....
250-300 pounds?

Since I'm older now... they weigh more. Sad fact.

#1554 4 years ago

If pinside wants a voice, Spooky is it. The amount of input and listening to bitching the people do is next level. Thanks Eric! Glad to help.

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If pinside wants a voice, Spooky is it. The amount of input and listening to bitching the people/programmers do is next level. Thanks Eric! Glad to help.

Ain't that the truth! Preach!

#1556 4 years ago

We will be putting the beta on our machine tomorrow...can’t wait. Had it 1 week and loving the game! All those waiting...it’s worth it!

#1557 4 years ago

Oh, and if you want to come try it out, pm me. Too good to keep to ourselves...and we have plenty of TP.

#1558 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

...and we have plenty of TP.

Oh, so you're the one who bought it all up!

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh, so you're the one who bought it all up!

But nope. Not a fear mongerer.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

But nope. Not a fear mongerer.

A "hope mongerer" then. Now that's a phrase that should get some traction

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Edit: Also flynnibus and knockerlover have reported an out of control ball search in a Tilted state -- I haven't been able to re-create this yet; It just searches & stops normally for everything I've tried. If anybody comes across how to re-create that, let me know!

Yowza. Never mind - I found it. And it really is terrible. Will be fixed in the next beta.

#1562 4 years ago

Enjoying the current beta! The wife and I have quarantined ourselves to play pinball all weekend. Have plenty of booze and meat!

09B1ACB7-95C7-4154-83A9-0ED08B1EB1D0 (resized).jpeg09B1ACB7-95C7-4154-83A9-0ED08B1EB1D0 (resized).jpeg
#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If pinside wants a voice, Spooky is it. The amount of input and listening to bitching the people do is next level. Thanks Eric! Glad to help.

True...Real Talk right there.

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

JD said there was a stream embargo on at the moment - untill code is more stable.

Hog wash. Go stream it. No one cares if it locks up.

#1565 4 years ago

#1566 4 years ago

Well it looks like someone “Developed an App”. My Daughter snapped this picture of me this morning.

E2BBBC8D-AE9E-48F1-9337-99AAD6CC8E13 (resized).jpegE2BBBC8D-AE9E-48F1-9337-99AAD6CC8E13 (resized).jpeg463E744A-58BD-4E60-8676-01674B86FD93 (resized).png463E744A-58BD-4E60-8676-01674B86FD93 (resized).png
#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well it looks like someone “Developed an App”. My Daughter snapped this picture of me this morning.[quoted image][quoted image]

Kudos to them for getting the butthole/asterisks eyes

#1568 4 years ago

Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) came in at the #2 spot in the Top 100.

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) came in at the #2 spot in the Top 100.
https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

Wow!

#1570 4 years ago

and look whom is first to the down rating

all in hopes to hurt it so he can eventually find one for cheaper

Pathetic and no surprise that this same guy serial stalks and downvotes me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pathetic and no surprise that this same guy serial stalks and downvotes me.[quoted image]

Maybe his review is based on his experience with the game. Usually when someone tries to torpedo a game they end up giving it a 0 rating. If you use the whole 0 to 10.0 range, 5.7 is above average. Maybe he is optimistic the game can be dialed in more satisfactorily and code will be enhanced. Hence he is willing to buy one to enjoy.

#1572 4 years ago

why would he have it on his wishlist if he rates it #378 just worse then Dominos and just better then Playboy, Jetsons, Bugs bunny? I can rarely say this but i agree with Whysnow on this one.

26C12832-45C6-4140-9C14-94FCC3243C74 (resized).png26C12832-45C6-4140-9C14-94FCC3243C74 (resized).png
#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pathetic and no surprise that this same guy serial stalks and downvotes me.[quoted image]

This may be why he rated it so low.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky/page/128#post-5384378

#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Could say the same thing about you since you have the 2nd highest rating apparently. If spooky fixes the problems rating will change. I do update my rating over time. This game isnt bad but its not great yet. Lets see what spooky does with the shots.

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Maybe his review is based on his experience with the game. Usually when someone tries to torpedo a game they end up giving it a 0 rating. If you use the whole 0 to 10.0 range, 5.7 is above average.

I may believe that if he had not made hit rating immediately after the game hit #2 slot.
I may also believe it if he did not also have the game on his ISO list.

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

why would he have it on his wishlist if he rates it #378 just worse then Dominos and just better then Playboy, Jetsons, Bugs bunny? I can rarely say this but i agree with Whysnow on this one.[quoted image]

Im not saying its better or worse than those games. Those are the average ratings pinside gives for all users. I didnt rate dominos and only flipped one for probably 30 mins because it all i could stand. Havent played the others.

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I may believe that if he had not made hit rating immediately after the game hit #2 slot.
I may also believe it if he did not also have the game on his ISO list.

I had the chance to buy one last week and passed. I'm keeping my spot for now since its not in the first 250 to see what happens. I'll make certain to take it off my wish list for the conspiracy theorist. Not going to give this rating any more time. If you dont like the rating kick rocks. I do update my ratings as games are updated and improved.

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I had the chance to buy one last week and passed. I'm keeping my spot for now since its not in the first 250 to see what happens. I'll make certain to take it off my wish list for the conspiracy theorist. Not going to give this rating any more time. If you dont like the rating kick rocks. I do update my ratings as games are updated and improved.

the guy can rate the game whatever he wants. It's not like a 0 score. It's lower than it should be in my opinion but the same can be said for anyone who rates it a 9.8 right?

Why people get caught up in scores or top 100 is beyond me. Just play the game and make up your own damn mind.

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

It’s not just your rating for this game, you are overall an imbalanced rater who seems unable to differentiate between utter turds and games with minor weak spots or which do not speak to your personal style. And yes, if your rating for a game equates to #378 on the list that is supposed to reflect your opinion of the game relative to everything else on the list. If #378 is not your firm opinion at this juncture, you are using the system wrong (and illustrate one of the many significant flaws in the Pinside rating system).

#1580 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the guy can rate the game whatever he wants. It's not like a 0 score. It's lower than it should be in my opinion but the same can be said for anyone who rates it a 9.8 right?
Why people get caught up in scores or top 100 is beyond me. Just play the game and make up your own damn mind.

I 100% agree with this. That said, I find ratings useful, but only if there is some level of detail that explains it. It also helps me to formulate a basic understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a game before I get a chance to play it. For a game you might be interested in buying but don't have an opportunity to play in depth first, that's pretty important. Since ratings are weighted based on a players individual preferences and priorities, there isn't any way to understand why a rating is what it is without that. If ratings were disallowed without providing reasonable comment detail, that would be helpful.

#1581 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

I 100% agree with this. That said, I find ratings useful, but only if there is some level of detail that explains it. It also helps me to formulate a basic understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a game before I get a chance to play it. For a game you might be interested in buying but don't have an opportunity to play in depth first, that's pretty important. Since ratings are weighted based on a players individual preferences and priorities, there isn't any way to understand why a rating is what it is without that. If ratings were disallowed without providing reasonable comment detail, that would be helpful.

good point and it's how i use it too - just can't take it as fact. It does provide some guidance....

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

the entire and obvious point was that your whole reason for rating the game now was to try and sway the ratings system.

Of course you had a chance at one last week. We all did... people are trying to make 4k profit on a spot, lol.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

It’s not just your rating for this game, you are overall an imbalanced rater who seems unable to differentiate between utter turds and games with minor weak spots or which do not speak to your personal style. And yes, if your rating for a game equates to #378 on the list that is supposed to reflect your opinion of the game relative to everything else on the list. If #378 is not your firm opinion at this juncture, you are using the system wrong (and illustrate one of the many significant flaws in the Pinside rating system).

@estrader's ratings are here: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/estrader/ratings

What and how his ratings fall in line with the total list and Pinside average ratings for all games is irrelevant. He's free to rate it as he wishes. Not really a big deal right?

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Im not saying its better or worse than those games. Those are the average ratings pinside gives for all users. I didnt rate dominos and only flipped one for probably 30 mins because it all i could stand. Havent played the others.

Yeesh. What a buncha mularkey. You don't need to justify your review, other than maybe flesh it out with some text.

Guys...leave the dude alone. Don't witch hunt a dude because of a rating. It's not fair, it's not fun, and it's gang mentality.

It's a rating for a game. Period. And overtime, with enough reviews, things will balance out, and ultimately people will make their OWN decisions on how they feel about a game. Case in point, I don't agree with the top five, yet other people seem to. So be it. I can still play "lesser" games, and feel value in them.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the entire and obvious point was that your whole reason for rating the game now was to try and sway the ratings system.
Of course you had a chance at one last week. We all did... people are trying to make 4k profit on a spot, lol.

At 3k you only capitalize 1.5k after your deposit in subtracted.

4 or 5 in the marketplace.

#1586 4 years ago

Besides, who is looking at that ratings system and equating a game ranked with 21 reviews in a month or so of time with games that have had years of time to review and over 1400 reviews written?

In a few years after a game's release, I'd say the overall spots mean more.

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

And here I thought I was special since he does the same to me.

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

And here I thought I was special since he does the same to me.

Need me to toss you a downvote to balance the world?

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Need me to toss you a downvote to balance the world?

LMAO, sure. As long as I am the only one.

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

estrader's ratings are here: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/estrader/ratings
What and how his ratings fall in line with the total list and Pinside average ratings for all games is irrelevant. He's free to rate it as he wishes. Not really a big deal right?

Quoted from wesman:

Yeesh. What a buncha mularkey. You don't need to justify your review, other than maybe flesh it out with some text.
Guys...leave the dude alone. Don't witch hunt a dude because of a rating. It's not fair, it's not fun, and it's gang mentality.
It's a rating for a game. Period. And overtime, with enough reviews, things will balance out, and ultimately people will make their OWN decisions on how they feel about a game. Case in point, I don't agree with the top five, yet other people seem to. So be it. I can still play "lesser" games, and feel value in them.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't single someone out for their rating behavior and don't mean to pile on gang fashion. This case provides some insight into the many and various ways in which the Pinside rating system is flawed. For one, it illustrates how ratings can be perceived as being or actually weaponized in a foolish attempt to sway opinion and/or value. Of course, there are other gaping shortcomings in the pinside rating/ranking system. The fact that nobody rates with the same weights is problematic. It is also problematic when someone with fairly binary opinions engages with the system. Or when someone makes s*** up just to be a trolling ass. Or when someone rates something overly high to sway public opinion/price or out of an initial flush of temporary enthusiasm. Or when someone rates a game after playing it on location or at someone's house only 10-20 times. Or when users post ratings without explaining their thinking for context. It's a system that was designed, implemented and soldiers on in a broken state.

For these reasons and more, I never take Pinside ratings too seriously. I generally think the top 100 as an overall mix (irrespective of actual order) is pretty solid, though there are some games in the 100-150 range and even an occasional title over 200 that I would personally put in the top 100, though towards the end (80s-90s).

I do think it's interesting to see R&M sitting at an initial spot of #2. I wonder how often a difficult pin (not particularly friendly to beginners or lesser skilled pinheads) with unpolished, incomplete initial code has done this? I've always thought that MM sitting at #1 reflects a popular majority desire for a game with a big fun toy, funny callouts and a risk/reward difficulty level that is forgiving of sloppy play. Personally, I find MM kinda boring since both castle shots are SUPER easy to exploit indefinitely. Just get your timing down for those (especially from the left flipper) and you can play a single game for a really long time. I tend to like games that are fast, tough motherf*****s. Besides the theme, that's ultimately what drew me into R&M. I gambled on it being a fun challenge. So far, that bet seems to have paid well.

#1591 4 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Maybe don't count the lowest 10 and highest 10 ratings in the overall rating. Maybe 10 isnt the right number but that would eliminate the extremes in the rating process.

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Ordinarily, I wouldn't single someone out for their rating behavior and don't mean to pile on gang fashion. This case provides some insight into the many and various ways in which the Pinside rating system is flawed. For one, it illustrates how ratings can be perceived as being or actually weaponized in a foolish attempt to sway opinion and/or value. Of course, there are other gaping shortcomings in the pinside rating/ranking system. The fact that nobody rates with the same weights is problematic. It is also problematic when someone with fairly binary opinions engages with the system. Or when someone makes s*** up just to be a trolling ass. Or when someone rates something overly high to sway public opinion/price or out of an initial flush of temporary enthusiasm. Or when someone rates a game after playing it on location or at someone's house only 10-20 times. Or when users post ratings without explaining their thinking for context. It's a system that was designed, implemented and soldiers on in a broken state.
For these reasons and more, I never take Pinside ratings too seriously. I generally think the top 100 as an overall mix (irrespective of actual order) is pretty solid, though there are some games in the 100-150 range and even an occasional title over 200 that I would personally put in the top 100, though towards the end (80s-90s).
I do think it's interesting to see R&M sitting at an initial spot of #2. I wonder how often a difficult pin (not particularly friendly to beginners or lesser skilled pinheads) with unpolished, incomplete initial code has done this? I've always thought that MM sitting at #1 reflects a popular majority desire for a game with a big fun toy, funny callouts and a risk/reward difficulty level that is forgiving of sloppy play. Personally, I find MM kinda boring since both castle shots are SUPER easy to exploit indefinitely. Just get your timing down for those (especially from the left flipper) and you can play a single game for a really long time. I tend to like games that are fast, tough motherf*****s. Besides the theme, that's ultimately what drew me into R&M. I gambled on it being a fun challenge. So far, that bet seems to have paid well.

For better or for worse, it’s what we have. Even if changes are made, someone will always find ways to game the system.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IIRC that has been there for weeks.

He put it up almost as soon as the Club Page opened. I think I even inquired about it?

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

IIRC that has been there for weeks.
He put it up almost as soon as the Club Page opened. I think I even inquired about it?

nah, he put it up pretty much immediately after seeing the game popped as #2 on the list.

You can see my screen shot showing "1 hour" in the upper left.

#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, he put it up pretty much immediately after seeing the game popped as #2 on the list.
You can see my screen shot showing "1 hour" in the upper left.

Not sure why you’re surprised or even let it bother you. He has been crying non stop since 12/16. Multiple people have explained to him multiple times the situation. He is just pissed he is in the 500’s. He thought being a previous customer guaranteed him an early game. It’s not like he didn’t get one, he just didn’t get his way. I think that’s what irks me about the complaining. He knew enough to have to join the fang club which means he knew the deal.

#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He re-submitted it, then.

Checkout my post ay #350. That was the review I was asking about.

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

He re-submitted it, then.
Checkout my post ay #350. That was the review I was asking about.

Are you inferring he submitted prior to actually playing himself?

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Not sure why you’re surprised or even let it bother you. He has been crying non stop since 12/16. Multiple people have explained to him multiple times the situation. He is just pissed he is in the 500’s. He thought being a previous customer guaranteed him an early game. It’s not like he didn’t get one, he just didn’t get his way. I think that’s what irks me about the complaining. He knew enough to have to join the fang club which means he knew the deal.

yeah, I dont really care at all.

Was just point it out

#1599 4 years ago

My friends and I have decided to rate this game.

1e77c8d41078093be0f274731a7b07d4 (resized).jpg1e77c8d41078093be0f274731a7b07d4 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 300.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/32?hl=therealdroopy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.