(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 404.
#16401 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Can you post a picture of them in your game? I was wanting to see them installed.

20210513_212143 (resized).jpg20210513_212143 (resized).jpg20210513_212149 (resized).jpg20210513_212149 (resized).jpg20210513_213159 (resized).jpg20210513_213159 (resized).jpg20210513_213204 (resized).jpg20210513_213204 (resized).jpg
#16402 2 years ago

Thanks, it looks great!

#16403 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Thanks, it looks great!

Agreed. I will get a set of these.

#16404 2 years ago

So much better than spooky blades,Spooky should have tried a bit harder on the blades,the game is killer good.

#16405 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

So much better than spooky blades,Spooky should have tried a bit harder on the blades,the game is killer good.

Substitute "Spooky should have" with "The licensor's approved artist working under contract should have" and you're almost on target.

#16406 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Substitute "Spooky should have" with "The licensor's approved artist working under contract should have" and you're almost on target.

Awesome.

#16407 2 years ago

I'm still very happy with no art blades at all. Especially since I keep accidentally scraping the edge of the playfield along the left edge of the cabinet.

#16408 2 years ago

how do you explain that there are 9 rick & morty for sale in the ads? is the game really good? i wonder? are there any quality issues?
i would like to buy one but i have had no success with the sellers

#16409 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

how do you explain that there are 9 rick & morty for sale in the ads?

There’s been a bunch of new games released since and R&M brings a premium price now?

Just wondering if you’ve been on the hobby long - people rotate out games constantly, always looking for that new game rush.

#16410 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

how do you explain that there are 9 rick & morty for sale in the ads? is the game really good? i wonder? are there any quality issues?

That's a pretty broad question. Any time a new pin is released, especially an Elwin, there will be many who offload pins to get the next best thing in.

R&M suffers a lot from Out of the Box Blues. Out of the box, my experience is they don't shoot great, requiring a bunch of hours tweaking and honing. Build quality in general I find very good, but QC is an area they need to improve on. I love to tweak so it doesn't bother me so much, but anyone else, they might be more inclined to complain about quality than actually do something about it, turning off potential buyers in the process.

Even when tweaked and playing beautifully, R&M is still a mutha phuk'n hard pinball. So if that's not you thing, then R&M may not be your thing.

While I believe the code is executed beautifully, I still think it's a little light on for a long term home pin. For me though it has enough theme, gameplay, code and sounds/music to stay long term.

Hope that answers your question. R&M is an awesome pin, as long as you can accept that you'll rarely, if ever tame it.

#16411 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

I'm still very happy with no art blades at all. Especially since I keep accidentally scraping the edge of the playfield along the left edge of the cabinet.

I damaged mine there a long time ago.. keep scraping it there. But its not that bad.
Its not going anywhere anyway.

#16412 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

No one is selling the game due to quality issues. They are selling at a profit in every instance and buying something else.

There are also currently 5 Godzilla LEs on the market, and the game barely came off the factory floor. Some people buy games with the sole purpose of flipping.

In the case of Rick and Morty I think they bought it, played it, and decided to flip it when they decided they wanted something else. Nothing suspicious in my opinion.

#16413 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

The cheapest one listed is for sale for what... 11k? The original owner paid 8k for it last year. So the least amount someone is willing to sell it for is 37.5% more than they paid for it? G&R isn't doing that. Heck, NIB Godzilla LE's are not doing that... and the price is still creeping up on these. It may not get there for some time but is on its way to JJP POTC status in terms of being unobtanium but highly desirable.

R&M... a pivitoal part of any Pinball Machine investment portfolio...

#16414 2 years ago

R&M listings were rare (up and gone in a day) a few months ago. Then a few sold for $13K+ and that seems to have triggered some of the current listings. Hard to resist that level of profit when new games are calling your name.

For me, I don’t see R&M leaving my house anytime soon. Especially after spending the time getting it dialed in. It’s just a ton of fun to play. It is very challenging but I prefer that in a home pin I’m playing every day. The theme integration is so entertaining that my friends playing it for the first are too busy laughing to care that it’s a hard game because hearing/seeing new content and starting different adventures is easy.

On the quality side. Spooky has above and beyond service so nothing to worry about there even if something happens. I bought my R&M from a marketplace listing. The topper and apron were both damaged in transit. I emailed Spooky about buying replacements and they sent them to me for free even though the pin was shipped to the original buyer months earlier.

No pin is for everyone but this one certainly has a group that loves it. If you don’t like tweaking things, buy one of the listings that has already done it or is shooting smooth from the factory.

Quoted from pinballM:

#16415 2 years ago

I have never played on the R&M but all I can say is that I love the Alice Cooper.
don't know if R&M is better or not

#16416 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

These can be found at a few different places..... if you never want to mess up your art blades again. Well worth it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#16417 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

I have never played on the R&M but all I can say is that I love the Alice Cooper.

I have both. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Both are hard to walk away from but quite challenging. Different experience on both. I would recommend getting some time in on both on location before pulling the trigger. I played R&M at the Allentown show (thank you to that amazing pinsider who brought it) and knew I needed one after playing.

#16418 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have both. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Both are hard to walk away from but quite challenging. Different experience on both. I would recommend getting some time in on both on location before pulling the trigger. I played R&M at the Allentown show (thank you to that amazing pinsider who brought it) and knew I needed one after playing.

I've owned both... RM is the more polished, professional feeling of the two. Once dialed in, it's a much more satisfying shooter, as well. My opinion, of course.

#16419 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

You're welcome!

#16420 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

That's when my son and I knew we had to track down a R&M BSE as well.

#16421 2 years ago

I was waiting for that! haha!

#16422 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

I've owned both and R&M is a far superior game, not even close.

#16423 2 years ago

if all the spooky are getting better and better, there is the ultra man and halloween to buy go go ...

#16424 2 years ago

Already done and patiently waiting for #403. Although, I find it hard to believe the Spooky + TheNoTrashCougar combo can be topped for my personal game play preference.

Quoted from pinballM:

if all the spooky are getting better and better, there is the ultra man and halloween to buy go go ...

#16425 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:if all the spooky are getting better and better, there is the ultra man and halloween to buy go go ...

True if they had the same design team/engineer etc. but my understanding is they switched gears and it's noticeable.

On a side note, the lineage between RAM and TNA is neat. I feel like when Im playing RAM Im playing an evolved TNA. I thought I wanted to own both but if I had to choose it would be the RAM hands down. RAM has all of what makes TNA awesome plus a lot more depth, shots etc. (a second dimension, vs a rather flat playfield in TNA. Both are great though).

#16426 2 years ago

Scary Terry "I Got Your Balls Bitch!" and Squanchy "I'm Tying One On!" Magno-Mods.

Hi. This is a follow-up from awhile ago when I posted a prototype for a Scary Terry in Portal Mod. I had to change it up a bit - smaller portal and no lettering. But I also added a Squanchy version. Scary Terry is exiting a Portal with your "PinBalls". BTW - Terry's head does swivel so he will be looking at you. Squanchy is exiting a Portal with a cold brew of your choice in one hand and some asphyxiation action in the other! The figures are attached to the portal sculpt through a VERY STRONG Magnet with a countersunk screw. The Mod will then attach to the right side of the cabinet where the hinge bolt is exposed above the plastic ramp. This will place the characters perpendicular to the cabinet and hovering over the right Ramp (I will update with install photo).

I am assessing interest in these. This will be a very limited run as I have stock for 10 Scary Terrys and 16 Squanchys. There are a few folks that previously PMed me and that have a slot until they say yes/no. Please PM me if you are interested in Terry and/or Squanchy. These will be made to order as I have to dissect the Funkos and I do not want to do it unless it's sold. What's involved: 1 Funko dissection, Hand Sculpted Portal and silicone mold, Plastic resin for mold and Funko body in-filling, Painting, Magnets, Hollow Pinballs, Bottles & Rope, Glue, Vinyl Decals, Sealant for Portal.

I am looking to price these guys at $75.00 each.

This is my first Mod effort and I hope that you find them to your liking

Jim
Terry Low Light (resized).jpgTerry Low Light (resized).jpgTerry Bright (resized).jpgTerry Bright (resized).jpgSquanchy Low Light (resized).jpgSquanchy Low Light (resized).jpgSquanchy Bright (resized).jpgSquanchy Bright (resized).jpgPortal Back+ Magnet (resized).jpgPortal Back+ Magnet (resized).jpg

R&M Portal Spot! (resized).jpgR&M Portal Spot! (resized).jpg
#16427 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Scary Terry "I Got Your Balls Bitch!" and Squanchy "I'm Tying One On!" Magno-Mods.
Hi. This is a follow-up from awhile ago when I posted a prototype for a Scary Terry in Portal Mod. I had to change it up a bit - smaller portal and no lettering. But I also added a Squanchy version. Scary Terry is exiting a Portal with your "PinBalls". BTW - Terry's head does swivel so he will be looking at you. Squanchy is exiting a Portal with a cold brew of your choice in one hand and some asphyxiation action in the other! The figures are attached to the portal sculpt through a VERY STRONG Magnet with a countersunk screw. The Mod will then attach to the right side of the cabinet where the hinge bolt is exposed above the plastic ramp. This will place the characters perpendicular to the cabinet and hovering over the right Ramp (I will update with install photo).
I am assessing interest in these. This will be a very limited run as I have stock for 10 Scary Terrys and 16 Squanchys. There are a few folks that previously PMed me and that have a slot until they say yes/no. Please PM me if you are interested in Terry and/or Squanchy. These will be made to order as I have to dissect the Funkos and I do not want to do it unless it's sold. What's involved: 1 Funko dissection, Hand Sculpted Portal and silicone mold, Plastic resin for mold and Funko body in-filling, Painting, Magnets, Hollow Pinballs, Bottles & Rope, Glue, Vinyl Decals, Sealant for Portal.
Jim
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interested!

#16428 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The original owner paid 8k for it last year.

I paid $9483 for mine. Every option but butter cab.

#16429 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How many people have defeated every mode to get to a final Wizard mode? It’d be a lot of coding work to create something that only a few people would ever see. Keith Elwin referenced this in a podcast a while back. You put the coding work “up front” where 99% of people will see it.
It’s like the XMen thread - one guy kept saying “should be a Major Wizard mode for completing both Heroes and Villains” … then later admitted he had only ever beaten 2 villains anyway. So the chances of him ever seeing it were less than zero. Lol
I would say the game is pretty complete as it is.
rd

I think the interesting difference with Rick and Morty is that you could add 30 more silly dimensions or a few more random callouts and the game would be even better. The structure of the game is so elegant that it doesn’t need super complex wizard modes as much as it needs more dynamic content. I am still surprised by things and I have played it 100s of times. If you added more of that content…reskinned existing modes with other show references, or provided more audio drops, the game would go from a 10 to an 11.

I do think it is a bit shitty that Spooky bailed on this game so fast. I had every expectation that they would invest in it for at least a year. I think Scott spoiled me with TNA.

#16430 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I do think it is a bit shitty that Spooky bailed on this game so fast. I had every expectation that they would invest in it for at least a year. I think Scott spoiled me with TNA.

Huh?

What the actual …

There is 10x more code work in Rick and Morty than TNA.

Probably more than 10x. Video work alone.

I can’t believe some of the shit I read here.

You guys will never be happy.

rd

#16431 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Huh?
What the actual …
There is 10x more code work in Rick and Morty than TNA.
Probably 20x more.
I can’t believe some of the shit I read here.
You guys will never be happy.
rd

I’m talking about how Scott continues to work on it even to this day. Not the complexity or amount of code. The approach to continual evolution.

#16432 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Jim
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Also interested, would love to see the installed photo!

#16433 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Also interested, would love to see the installed photo!

I will be updating tonight!

#16434 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Worst take ever. Spooky invested in it for a LONG time. They built the fucker for 18 mos. Then think of previous time on it before reveal. Eric still shmoozes around this thread, don't turn him off even more.

#16435 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m talking about how Scott continues to work on it even to this day. Not the complexity or amount of code. The approach to continual evolution.

That’s Scott’s game that Spooky built. I believe RM was a spooky game from start to finish. Two different animals.

#16436 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I think the interesting difference with Rick and Morty is that you could add 30 more silly dimensions or a few more random callouts and the game would be even better. The structure of the game is so elegant that it doesn’t need super complex wizard modes as much as it needs more dynamic content. I am still surprised by things and I have played it 100s of times. If you added more of that content…reskinned existing modes with other show references, or provided more audio drops, the game would go from a 10 to an 11.

This game received a ton of support and has finished code. At some point the manufacturer has to move on. These products all have life cycles. They can support the game from a bug perspective, but it’s unreasonable to think that they’ll continue to throw resources at it indefinitely.

#16437 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The structure of the game is so elegant that it doesn’t need super complex wizard modes as much as it needs more dynamic content.

A true testament to how great the framework is on R&M. I agree the structure of it lends to more content, especially with this IP.

This goes against everything I have said in the past but...I would seriously pay for more content on my R&M. Come out with season packs that you can purchase. Adds new game modes and new dimensions, that is it. I'd seriously do that and I really hate most DLC models in games.

#16438 2 years ago

Early on I did get the impression that we would get some content from seasons beyond 3 and 4 - and really even more so, considering there are elements of season 4 in the artwork, but barely any in the actual game. Of course, they couldn't talk about the length of the license, but it sure seemed at the time it wasn't that limited, so yeah, it is a bit disappointing if that has been cut off. While I'm sure the people involved needed a break, I imagine if we get nothing else, it is more due to the license and $$, than not wanting to add more.

#16439 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

A true testament to how great the framework is on R&M. I agree the structure of it lends to more content, especially with this IP.
This goes against everything I have said in the past but...I would seriously pay for more content on my R&M. Come out with season packs that you can purchase. Adds new game modes and new dimensions, that is it. I'd seriously do that and I really hate most DLC models in games.

That it leaves you wanting more is the hallmark of this title and why it is deserving of consideration. What is interesting to me is despite some of its design/geometry flaws, it really is a fun and great game. I believe it is the best theme integration/use of IP I've seen to date in pinball.

#16440 2 years ago

Would appreciate guidance from this thread. Thank you in advance.

Getting Halloween soon. Like most games, will play it for a while and eventually sell or trade it.

When you bought or acquired RM, was butter cab something that you specifically wanted? If you have sold or traded one, was butter cab a feature that made it easier to trade or sell?

#16441 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Getting Halloween soon. Like most games, will play it for a while and eventually sell or trade it.
When you bought or acquired RM, was butter cab something that you specifically wanted? If you have sold or traded one, was butter cab a feature that made it easier to trade or sell?

It's a personal taste thing. Personally, Spooky cabs are great and shiny, even wtihout butter. Don't buy butter expecting to get your money out of it though. It's like most addons/mods, it's only worth it if the person was going to get it anyway. Also consider where the game will actually be situated? If it's just going to be another game in a lineup, it really doesn't make sense to get butter. If you will be able to see the majority of the cabinet, it makes more sense.

#16442 2 years ago

"When you bought or acquired RM, was butter cab something that you specifically wanted?"

I bought it w/o butter. If I could go back, I would tell myself to butter that frigging thing up!!! .

Overall, butter makes it look like the pin has Radcals installed ... but even better in my opinion.

If you are buying and planning on it being a keeper, seek out butter ... its worth it. If you are buying knowing that you are more than likely going to sell it, get regular. While its always nice to have the loaded version of a pin, I don't think you'll get stuck selling due to lack of a cabinet feature.

#16443 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Jim

Here is an update. I put prototype Scary Terry on Portal Magnet. This would apply to Squanchy as well. A lot of you had interest in both but there is only one right side magnet. The CNN left is blocked. So I also am suggesting a version to replace the pop bumper cap. That way you could have both Terry and Squanchy in game at same time. I am going to follow up tomorrow with everyone.
Option 1 - Magnet. (Terry or Squanchy)
Option 2 - Pop Bumper cap (Terry or Squanchy)

Choose which character goes where.

I hope this is appealing to you guys. The Terrys ate almost all gone. I will count up responses tomorrow and update.

Lots of Squanchys left and you get to customize his beer

Thanks so much
More tomorrow

8F393F41-308B-4A3F-9675-D3777CEFEC02 (resized).jpeg8F393F41-308B-4A3F-9675-D3777CEFEC02 (resized).jpeg870D94CF-4556-42AA-831E-0710F272DBF7 (resized).jpeg870D94CF-4556-42AA-831E-0710F272DBF7 (resized).jpeg407A88CA-6A62-47C4-9860-BEDDE7B8606F (resized).jpeg407A88CA-6A62-47C4-9860-BEDDE7B8606F (resized).jpegFA10DB72-30CF-4FBC-8B17-1A69A484AD94 (resized).jpegFA10DB72-30CF-4FBC-8B17-1A69A484AD94 (resized).jpegE6C25311-0A70-401D-AE42-333EE75F57E9 (resized).jpegE6C25311-0A70-401D-AE42-333EE75F57E9 (resized).jpeg9F8BC948-029E-45DE-9BC7-CA1E0CEEE424 (resized).jpeg9F8BC948-029E-45DE-9BC7-CA1E0CEEE424 (resized).jpeg
#16444 2 years ago

Pm sent… but I’m in for the Terry magnet. Looks great!

#16445 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Not sure how much feedback you’re going to get from people still checking in here after their game is gone. I’ve seen butter cabs in person and they’re incredible. But my game was going in a darkish basement in a row of pins with maybe one side visible so I passed on butter. My guess would be that, yes you’ll get a premium price when selling/trading, but it won’t be $1000.

#16446 2 years ago

Butter cabinet looks great, the colors are much better than the decals, especially on fluorescent colors.
this is what I compared on two ACNC

#16447 2 years ago

I'd be in for a Terry on the right side as well. Great work!

#16448 2 years ago

Last weekend decided to finally address the last few ankle-bitters in my R&M. Swapped the x-spacers for the actual spooky bushings, finally got the diverter squared away, and took out the rubbers that were causing horseshoe drains and outer orbit hang ups.

Increased my highest score by almost 20m in the first couple days. I think the bushings really make a big difference and are well worth the offer putting them in. My coil sleeves were filthy so I replaced those while I had my flippers apart.

Perhaps the best change made for sheer enjoyment of the game was disconnecting the sub in the game, and hooking the amp up to an old car audio sub in a separate enclosure. I’ve always loved the soundtrack, but being able to crank it up without the rattles is amazing!

Love this game

4C1512D2-FA18-4E3B-B88C-FC809BAC3276 (resized).jpeg4C1512D2-FA18-4E3B-B88C-FC809BAC3276 (resized).jpeg
#16449 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Here is an update. I put prototype Scary Terry on Portal Magnet. This would apply to Squanchy as well. A lot of you had interest in both but there is only one right side magnet. The CNN left is blocked. So I also am suggesting a version to replace the pop bumper cap. That way you could have both Terry and Squanchy in game at same time. I am going to follow up tomorrow with everyone.
Option 1 - Magnet. (Terry or Squanchy)
Option 2 - Pop Bumper cap (Terry or Squanchy)
Choose which character goes where.
I hope this is appealing to you guys. The Terrys ate almost all gone. I will count up responses tomorrow and update.
Lots of Squanchys left and you get to customize his beer
Thanks so much
More tomorrow[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Update 2: Scary Terry Mod Order List is Filled. I have 5 people on waitlist if the 12 buyers have change of mind. I have 13/16 Squanchys remaining. They could be in a magnet form like Terry or on a Pop Bumper cap in the Pic above. Please let me know in a PM on the Squanchys if you have interest!

Thanks for everyones support and feedback. This is my first Mod and appreciate it

#16450 2 years ago

My R&M is perfectly dialed in except for the f'n scoop which rejects probably 50% of the shots. I've posted on this in the past and tried everything; bending the hood up or down, lowering the entire mech, adding hard foam in the back, adding rubber tubes to the left and right guide rails, but none of it helps. I've even taken slow motion video to see what's happening - the ball ricochets between the left and right scoop walls, and then back out. Any other suggestions?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 329 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/329?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.