(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 404.
#16351 2 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

It seems like I never get Pickle Rick as an adventure after upgrading to the 5.18 code. I tried the 8.10 code but had trouble getting a successful update. Is anyone else seeing this same behavior with the 5:18 code? I'm not good enough to get more than 3-4 adventures in a typical game.

It comes up regularly for me. You won't get it on first adventure, but you can get it any one after that. It's all random though, so there are things you just won't see for some time. (much like the dimensions). For me things tend to come in groups. I will get the same adventures over and over, and then 20 or so games later, I start getting a lot of different ones over and over.

#16352 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Personally, I think it needs a few extra modes, potentially another multiball and extra wizard or mini wizard mode to cement its spot as a truly great pin.

How many people have defeated every mode to get to a final Wizard mode? It’d be a lot of coding work to create something that only a few people would ever see. Keith Elwin referenced this in a podcast a while back. You put the coding work “up front” where 99% of people will see it.

It’s like the XMen thread - one guy kept saying “should be a Major Wizard mode for completing both Heroes and Villains” … then later admitted he had only ever beaten 2 villains anyway. So the chances of him ever seeing it were less than zero. Lol

I would say the game is pretty complete as it is.

rd

#16353 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How many people have defeated every mode to get to a final Wizard mode? It’d be a lot of coding work to create something that only a few people would ever see. Keith Elwin referenced this in a podcast a while back. You put the coding work “up front” where 99% of people will see it.
It’s like the XMen thread - one guy kept saying “should be a Major Wizard mode for completing both Heroes and Villains” … then later admitted he had only ever beaten 2 villains anyway. So the chances of him ever seeing it were less than zero. Lol
I would say the game is pretty complete as it is.
rd

We'll be lucky to get one or two more adventures, talk about more mutiballs or wizard modes is just not realistic.

#16354 2 years ago

One week of ownership in, my review is below.

This game makes me smile.

#16355 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

One week of ownership in, my review is below.
This game makes me smile.

Also a new owner and R&M has definitely been my best pinball honeymoon. But as the 8-10(?) cartoon scenes grow stale, I suspect my love of the game will too. Morty is taking space Godzilla, Rush or Toy Story could fill... If new adventures arrive in the future, that will certainly mess with my heart...

#16356 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Also a new owner and R&M has definitely been my best pinball honeymoon. But as the 8-10(?) cartoon scenes grow stale, I suspect my love of the game will too. Morty is taking space Godzilla, Rush or Toy Story could fill... If new adventures arrive in the future, that will certainly mess with my heart...

Meh, gotta take it for what it is. I’m not going to goto Hooters and complain about the filet mignon.

I am a huge fan of the show and was hoping the game themed well with it. In this regard it knocked it out of the fucking park.

If you aren’t feeling it go ahead and sell it, someone else will enjoy it.

#16357 2 years ago

There is only one multi ball mode correct? Would be cool if there were more
Oh, Reznnate I will take yours so you can fill your game room with other machines.

#16358 2 years ago

Two multiballs - Meeseeks MB can be brought in at any time on 3rd and every 10th Meeseeks collect.

#16359 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

But as the 8-10(?) cartoon scenes grow stale, I suspect my love of the game will too

EVERY game gets stale. Especially if you only have one machine, they get stale fast.

I got an as-new BKSOR LE a few months ago. Took a couple of days to work out all the rules, to work out you gotta catch every ball on the right flipper and backhand the lock shot, and that every game is just start multiball over and over and over and over. Every game is a 30 minute grind. So now it’s gathering dust.

Quoted from Reznnate:

If new adventures arrive in the future, that will certainly mess with my heart...

For a few more weeks, then they’ll get stale too.

Luckily, with the market the way it is, you can buy these things, enjoy them for a while, then move on to the next new shiny thing and it won’t cost you anything.

(Unless you hoard them like I do lol)

rd

#16360 2 years ago

We all seem to hoard them =)

But I do love the terms:
Bolted to the Floor -- Yeah, well until you move, or are you gonna let the next owner have it
Buried in it/with It -- Assuming you are not going to be cremated and you purchase a big enough plot
Grail Machine -- Well now that you have it, what is next

#16361 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Grail Machine -- Well now that you have it, what is next

Duuuuuuude! You have no idea how many people I note saying “bolted to the floor” then a few months later the next FOMOPIN is coming in and it’s “reluctant sale” time. Lol!!

Grail machine - here’s a story …

A bud of mine, he’s the GRAIL MASTER

Dave, can you import a Genie for me? Played it at PHOF. GRAIL GAME!! Lasted two months.

Dave, can you get me an Iron Man? Love playing my mates one. TRUE GRAIL GAME! Sold it in 4 days. 4 days.

Dave, can you get me a MM Royal? MY GRAIL GAME. I’LL NEVER SELL IT. We actually made a sweepstakes on this one. I think it was 4 months before it was gone.

rd

#16362 2 years ago

Still having random trouble with my upper flipper. Hot/cold it doesn't matter. Will randomly stay activated. Turning off power will allow it to drop and then it's fine again. Also it will drop if I machine gun the flippers. Have read that on Stern it is usually the coil stop...this has under 70 plays on it. Likelyhood of the stop having gone bad already?

#16363 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Still having random trouble with my upper flipper. Hot/cold it doesn't matter. Will randomly stay activated. Turning off power will allow it to drop and then it's fine again. Also it will drop if I machine gun the flippers. Have read that on Stern it is usually the coil stop...this has under 70 plays on it. Likelyhood of the stop having gone bad already?

Just one way to be sure, lift up the Playfield and check it. Rather doubt it that is already bad although Stern had some bad parts in a shipment as well.

#16364 2 years ago

I had my R&M worked on today to make adjustments, and I have to say that it is a totally different game. All shots are now makable, extremely smooth and satisfying. If anyone is on the fence because of difficulty, think twice. Have someone come out and adjust it, you will be pleasantly surprised =)

Theme 10
Fun Factor 10
Shots 10
Spooky Customer Service Team 10

Why does this game always leave you wanting to play just 1 more game!

#16365 2 years ago

Anybody installed the pinmonk cooling kit? Definitely noticing some fade especially when trying to back hand the right ramp after 20min of play. Really thing about getting it.

#16366 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Anybody installed the pinmonk cooling kit? Definitely noticing some fade especially when trying to back hand the right ramp after 20min of play. Really thing about getting it.

I did.

Also, make sure you have the correct flipper bushings (or spacers) installed. That helps

#16367 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I did.
Also, make sure you have the correct flipper bushings (or spacers) installed. That helps

Still have the original bushings in, probably change those before going for cooling right? Is there less fade with the new bushings?

#16368 2 years ago

It is not an quick job to replace the bushings, but well worth it lol

#16369 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Still have the original bushings in, probably change those before going for cooling right? Is there less fade with the new bushings?

It's possible, but unlikely. On my example, lowering the bushings didn't solve the fade problem.

#16370 2 years ago

How long do you have to play the game to notice flipper fade? Seems the flippers are pretty strong. I thought the code helped.

#16371 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

How long do you have to play the game to notice flipper fade? Seems the flippers are pretty strong. I thought the code helped.

The two key mods to the flippers that need to happen are correct bushings or shave the longer ones and installing the smaller type return springs that other games have and ditch the humungous ones Spooky used. Won't have to worry about flipper fade after that.

#16372 2 years ago

Definitely install the new bushings… allows the flipper rubber to to make even contact, which affects the strength of shots.

I fixed the flippers and added fans at the same time, so not sure which had the biggest impact. That said, I have zero fade (at least noticeable fade).

#16373 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

EVERY game gets stale. Especially if you only have one machine, they get stale fast.
I got an as-new BKSOR LE a few months ago. Took a couple of days to work out all the rules, to work out you gotta catch every ball on the right flipper and backhand the lock shot, and that every game is just start multiball over and over and over and over. Every game is a 30 minute grind. So now it’s gathering dust.

For a few more weeks, then they’ll get stale too.
Luckily, with the market the way it is, you can buy these things, enjoy them for a while, then move on to the next new shiny thing and it won’t cost you anything.
(Unless you hoard them like I do lol)
rd

Got my R&M June 2020. Not even in the parking lot of the ball park getting stale for me. Not even close. I’ll be an R&M cheerleader for a while in sure, but I still absolutely love playing it every time and I still come across a random new dimension every so often and the fallouts still crack me up. Not contemplating selling anytime in the near future.
One caveat- I’ll never say never about selling

#16374 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Fix the flippers first.

Mine never had much fade but after I lowered the flippers with spacers and with the new code I don't notice any fade even after an hour or more. Still can nail the left ramp and backhand the right, etc.

If you still aren't happy with it you can then invest in the fan kit.

#16375 2 years ago

Wow, last night I fired up R&M for the first time in days, and immediately had my most epic ball ever! Scary Terry with both multiballs, had 4 balls going for a long time, and it only ended when a ball collision sent the last ball of the multiball flying over the left inlane into the outlane. I look up to see over 74 million and 19 megaseeds for a 95% bonus, totalling over 144 million with 4 balls to play yet!

PXL_20211107_032053000 (resized).jpgPXL_20211107_032053000 (resized).jpg

So naturally I follow up with 4 rather mediocre balls. At least I set a new high score (168 something) and most ludicrous chitz obviously (70 something) but I didn't quite get my card filled. Damn, this game is fun!

#16376 2 years ago

Can anyone backhand the right ramp from a trap position?

#16377 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Can anyone backhand the right ramp from a trap position?

Affirmative.

#16378 2 years ago

What are your power settings on the right flipper to do so? I have no issue hitting either ramp from the opposite flipper. My machine is also at 6.5 slope

#16379 2 years ago

Standard setting, maybe even one click weaker. Same slope as you. Are your flipper bats aligned with the inlanes? The "toothpick hole" is too low, according to the designer. I also have the corrected bushings installed, they made a huge difference on mine.

#16380 2 years ago

Are you saying the right and left flipper ends need to be above the hole?

#16381 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:Are you saying the right and left flipper ends need to be above the hole?

Use a straight edge to align the flipper rubber with the lane guide.

#16382 2 years ago

Ignore the hole, the bat edge should make a straight line with the inlane feed.

#16383 2 years ago

Sweet…anyone having an issue where the ball is getting stuck if the ball exits the launch ramp and diverts left? Seems the ball gets stuck over that rollover switch every now and again.

#16384 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Wow, last night I fired up R&M for the first time in days, and immediately had my most epic ball ever! Scary Terry with both multiballs, had 4 balls going for a long time, and it only ended when a ball collision sent the last ball of the multiball flying over the left inlane into the outlane. I look up to see over 74 million and 19 megaseeds for a 95% bonus, totalling over 144 million with 4 balls to play yet!
[quoted image]
So naturally I follow up with 4 rather mediocre balls. At least I set a new high score (168 something) and most ludicrous chitz obviously (70 something) but I didn't quite get my card filled. Damn, this game is fun!

What are the purple things on your right plastic ramp?

#16385 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Just counting here… are you playing 5 ball???

#16386 2 years ago

3 ball game plus 2 extras balls I think
One for 3 dimensions and one for the score ...16 millions or whatever
He must be tired after his first epic ball

#16387 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

What are the purple things on your right plastic ramp?

That's an ersatz roller coaster car I found at a thrift store for peanuts, that originally came with some toy. I figured what the hell, it's a close enough purple. I might try to find appropriate figures later.

I thought it was clear enough what it was that I'd get asked about the garage before that!

Quoted from 27dnast:

Just counting here… are you playing 5 ball???

I had earned the two EBs, and the pic is at the start of the first EB. It wouldn’t be relevant as to the accomplishment anyway if it was on 5 ball, ball one is ball one.

That extended MB was insane, I'm not a trap player!

Quoted from Baboon:

He must be tired after his first epic ball

I've had epic balls before, just ask the guys at the local league. Plus the first thing I said is that it was last night, and I got plenty of Zs with the extra hour from Daylight Saving Time ending!

Whoops, I see I need to reglue my lit crystal mod over the scoop. Speaking of the scoop, I should mention that mine still rejects way more often than it doesn't, which I suppose makes my accomplishment above even more impressive , but I bring it up to ask if someone whose scoop behaves better can measure the distance from the top of their scoop to the hole for me. I'm not sure if I bent mine enough or too much. Thanks!

#16388 2 years ago

I feel misunderstood ,I was thinking , the first epic ball of this game you ve played ,not of your life or something

Same for the crystal mod , need to reglue it or find another way to fix it , cause it’s get brutalized a lot

And same for the scoop ,still have a lot of rejects
Except with a supa clean shoot from the right flipper

#16389 2 years ago
Quoted from Baboon:

I feel misunderstood ,I was thinking , the first epic ball of this game you ve played ,not of your life or something
Same for the crystal mod , need to reglue it or find another way to fix it , cause it’s get brutalized a lot
And same for the scoop ,still have a lot of rejects
Except with a supa clean shoot from the right flipper

No problem, yes it was the most epic on R&M yet, but my previous high was 160 something, so I've had some pretty good balls before.

I sure am curious how high I could go if my scoop didn't reject 3 times out of 4!

#16390 2 years ago

What is the best to use if the top of the inner side blade toward the back is lifting off some?

#16391 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What is the best to use if the top of the inner side blade toward the back is lifting off some?

I would get some light or medium tack 3M adhesive spray, spray enough into a cup, then brush some on the back of the lifted blade section, wait for cure time then push down.
You might also be able to reactivate it by wetting it with some windex and then squeegie out the liquid.

#16392 2 years ago

Anyone happen to now if I can get replacement side blades?

#16393 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Call Spooky. I damaged my ACNC blades and they helped.

#16394 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I put these on my game after my original ones had huge air bubbles in them. They look really good and more colors than originals.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/rick-morty-gameblades

#16395 2 years ago

Besides the flipper location, what is the consensus on flipper power number to backhand the right ramp? I think I am at 35 on each now.

Also, what does the hold: low medium or high mean?

#16396 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That’s awesome and very familiar! Although I haven’t had that high of a score yet that happens to me often where I have a epic ball 1 only to be followed by a couple of drains and shitty or mediocre balls after. Time for a Rick quote from the pin… “what in the actual fuck!”

This game IS fun as hell. I’ve had mine 1 year now and it is still as thrilling to play it as day one. When you have a multi ball going on this game and you’re dialed in making your shots, hitting the ramps, the upper loop, the garage shot along with the great music going, sound effects and call outs it’s so chaotic and such a blast!

I own GNR and Godzilla, both are amazing, but this is still my favorite machine in my lineup.

#16397 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Besides the flipper location, what is the consensus on flipper power number to backhand the right ramp? I think I am at 35 on each now.
Also, what does the hold: low medium or high mean?

Do you have the right bushings installed on your flippers? I think 30 should work if you do and 25 if you have the smaller return springs. Hold power keeps the flippers from being knocked down when vuk fires back at them or loop shot returns fast, higher the setting the faster your coils heat up and fade starts to happen.

#16398 2 years ago

Small bushings and original springs. I was watching the YouTube video of Bowen playing R&M and his backhand shot flows perfectly up the ramp from a trap with perfect power.

#16399 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Small bushings and original springs. I was watching the YouTube video of Bowen playing R&M and his backhand shot flows perfectly up the ramp from a trap with perfect power.

I would set at 30 and try that, then go down by one incrementally if you still can't backhand it. It's a pretty quick backhand no matter what flipper power you're at.

#16400 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I put these on my game

Can you post a picture of them in your game? I was wanting to see them installed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 328 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/328 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.