(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,232 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 405.
#16251 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think I largely fixed the issue by bending the sides of the exit surface upward... basically cupping the ball. I think the shot is exiting with a clear path around 90% of the time. I need to play more, to know, but I'm pretty sure that a few more tweaks would get it to 100%

Mine is the same. I recently was on the Star Trek thread, and they used velcro strips on the warp ramp to slow the ball exit for a consistent feed. I feel like the exit point of both games is very similar. Might want to check into that. I'd love to fix this myself, and have considered the velcro experiment, but haven't tried it.

#16252 2 years ago

Moonman in the Flasher dimension is a magical moment.

#16253 2 years ago

You could probably achieve the same thing with some felt tape

#16254 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

So, I have been getting some pops and screeches coming out of the audio. I think it's coming from a loose connection from the audio cable connecting to the main board. I don't see anything visually wrong with the cable. I'm trying to hold it in better with this zip tie pictured. Anyone else have this problem or other ideas?
[quoted image]

I didn't have pops or screeches but I had audio dropout from the right speaker. I could wiggle it around and make it work temporarily. I bought a new cable and the audio has been great since.

#16255 2 years ago
Quoted from Wulftown:

I didn't have pops or screeches but I had audio dropout from the right speaker. I could wiggle it around and make it work temporarily. I bought a new cable and the audio has been great since.

Had the same issue, new cable did not solve it so I unplugged the amp, checked all the connections and one was slightly loose. No issues since.

#16256 2 years ago

What is the best way to adjust the machine to make the garage shot from the side flipper? Also, when people mention dialing in the machine, which shots are initially really hard to make?

Thanks!

#16257 2 years ago

Big shoutout to PinMonk for his good service and quality flipper cooling fans. I didn't think I needed them, went without them for a solid 6 months, but now that I have them I notice a significant difference in performance of the flippers. My scores are already improving too despite the increased ball speed. Apparently within the first 15 -30 mins I was experiencing reduced performance due to overheating. Now the ball is flying around the table at 30 mins in at the same speed as at 1 min into gameplay.

#16258 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

What is the best way to adjust the machine to make the garage shot from the side flipper? Also, when people mention dialing in the machine, which shots are initially really hard to make?

Check the Pinned Key Posts up top. All the info you need in there...not that they all need it.

#16259 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Big shoutout to PinMonk for his good service and quality flipper cooling fans. I didn't think I needed them, went without them for a solid 6 months, but now that I have them I notice a significant difference in performance of the flippers. My scores are already improving too despite the increased ball speed. Apparently within the first 15 -30 mins I was experiencing reduced performance due to overheating. Now the ball is flying around the table at 30 mins in at the same speed as at 1 min into gameplay.

Thanks for the testimonial. I'll be looking for you at the top of the pinside high score board for Rick and Morty now!

#16260 2 years ago

Soooo...am I the only one that moved mine into the walk in freezer?

#16261 2 years ago

This is probably answered, but if you shoot the ball through the right orbit, and then coming down through the spinner, the ball tracks to the metal above the side flipper, what needs to be done?

#16262 2 years ago

What would happen if one removed the upper loop 2nd switch? One of the software updates made it irrelevant. I just don't want to get a switch error after some number of games because it hasn't been hit.

Thanks in advance.

#16263 2 years ago

Does anyone else brick their machine in the wizard mode if you pick rick potion no 9?

#16264 2 years ago

You talking hard lock, or brick as in it won't even reboot?

Neither is normal, and never had it happen here. If it boots, insert a USB stick into one of the motherboard slots (bottom of board, downward facing) to get a log dump - send to epthegeek for troubleshooting.

#16265 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Does anyone else brick their machine in the wizard mode if you pick rick potion no 9?

If you mean panic and brick every single fucking shot when I hit Potion no. 9, then YES, LOL

#16266 2 years ago

Wizard mode? Cheaters.

#16267 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wizard mode? Cheaters.

Factory settings. other than EB's. I have my credit go EB. To a max of two total i'm sure.

#16268 2 years ago

I have my Card set to 0. No additional ball saves.

Haven't gotten to Love Potion yet.

#16269 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I also have my card set at 0 but I do have extra balls enabled and usually get at least one or both.

AND I STILL HAVEN"T MADE IT to Love Potion yet...

#16270 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Do you mean Extra balls or additional ball saves? I do have some stuff not factory - I think I have my horseshoe at like 1 sec save because it was heading sdtm from left side horseshoe all the time. I also have the factory setting pop bumper save. I also have all the factory 10 sec saves for new adventures and the like

Edit - I'm going to set my card to 0, see how that goes!

#16271 2 years ago

Extra Ball enabled
No additional saves or save times.

I figure there is no reason to hurry to get to the Wizard Mode as this one is never leaving.

#16272 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Extra Ball enabled
I figure there is no reason to hurry to get to the Wizard Mode as this one is never leaving.

Ok, thx, I don’t think I even knew or happened across that setting.

#16273 2 years ago

Nevermind, it was answered.

#16274 2 years ago

Just got my high score, bitches.

Still haven't adjusted garage shot or inner loop. Feels like I make or miss those shots as much as any other shot.

Love this game. Oh, I'm not on newest code either. I should do that now.

20211029_190601 (resized).jpg20211029_190601 (resized).jpg
#16275 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Extra Ball enabled

Well I’ll give you a preemptive doff of the cap for when you finally do. I have the training wheels on as I figured that once I started to finish my card on the regular that I’d dial it back to the big boy settings…..not sure if it’s gonna happen.

#16276 2 years ago

Hey Everyone - I was mid-game earlier this evening and lost power to a section of the solenoids.

I sent a note over to Spooky's Service team after hours today so I'm sure they will reply back on Monday, but in the meantime since I was kind of hoping to play it this weekend does anyone possibly know what I should check or should I just wait for their reply?

In test mode, it is mostly the A5-B1s that don't work as noted below.

- Knocker
- Right Flipper lower
- right flipper upper
- anti gravity
- cabinet knocker
- Shaker motor
- Shooter lane launch
- topper motor
- trough eject (main)

If this was my Williams System 11 or WPC I would check the continuity on the fuse that is linked to these functions. Does it work the same way on these new machines?

#16277 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hey Everyone - I was mid-game earlier this evening and lost power to a section of the solenoids.
I sent a note over to Spooky's Service team after hours today so I'm sure they will reply back on Monday, but in the meantime since I was kind of hoping to play it this weekend does anyone possibly know what I should check or should I just wait for their reply?
In test mode, it is mostly the A5-B1s that don't work as noted below.
- Knocker
- Right Flipper lower
- right flipper upper
- anti gravity
- cabinet knocker
- Shaker motor
- Shooter lane launch
- topper motor
- trough eject (main)
If this was my Williams System 11 or WPC I would check the continuity on the fuse that is linked to these functions. Does it work the same way on these new machines?

I had an issue with the fuse holder not holding fuse secure enough. Try pulling the fuse on the affected board (won't have all the red lights like the others) , test it while its out and gently pinch the holders together

#16278 2 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

I had an issue with the fuse holder not holding fuse secure enough. Try pulling the fuse on the affected board (won't have all the red lights like the others) , test it while its out and gently pinch the holders together

Thanks for the note. I ended up following the wires from the dead solenoids to the one or two connections on the affected board and when I pulled the fuse to test it, it failed. Of course I'm out of this fuse, so I'll get it this weekend and try again. Hopefully it is an isolated incident and won't continue to blow repeatedly.

#16279 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks for the note. I ended up following the wires from the dead solenoids to the one or two connections on the affected board and when I pulled the fuse to test it, it failed. Of course I'm out of this fuse, so I'll get it this weekend and try again. Hopefully it is an isolated incident and won't continue to blow repeatedly.

It was noted somewhere that under certain circumstances the fuse blows on that board. I have not nailed down all the conditions but it has to do with the magnet and the flipper coils drawing too much current when used in combination.

There was a software fix implemented for this problem. Something about disabling the magnet when the flipper was pressed???

#16280 2 years ago

Turn down the flipper power to the low 20s. High power blows the fuse a lot. I think that’s one of the other reasons Scott said it was ok to put one higher in.

Quoted from Lounge:

It was noted somewhere that under certain circumstances the fuse blows on that board. I have not nailed down all the conditions but it has to do with the magnet and the flipper coils drawing too much current when used in combination.
There was a software fix implemented for this problem. Something about disabling the magnet when the flipper was pressed???

#16281 2 years ago

Game 123 acquired.

25a (resized).jpg25a (resized).jpg
#16282 2 years ago

Hi, having difficulty making the left ramp...does not seem to make it up all the way. I think it just started cause I put my machine at 6.5 degrees. Any suggestions?

#16283 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Hi, having difficulty making the left ramp...does not seem to make it up all the way. I think it just started cause I put my machine at 6.5 degrees. Any suggestions?

Could need to increase flipper power, and/or get flipper coolers.

#16284 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Turn down the flipper power to the low 20s. High power blows the fuse a lot. I think that’s one of the other reasons Scott said it was ok to put one higher in.

So for clarity, I was in the middle of an intense multiball where all 5 balls were in play when it happened. I’m on the newest code, and my flipper power is set to 24. Hopefully an isolated incident, will replace the fuse tomorrow when new ones arrive and I’ll keep monitoring it and also see what Spooky Service says about it. Thanks everyone for the comments and have a great weekend!

#16285 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Did you get the new flipper bushings from Spooky? That made a big difference for me.

#16286 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Could be flipper alignment. After doing the bushings, I set my right flipper a little too high. I could backhand the right ramp all day but couldn't make the left ramp from a trap. Lowered the flipper in line with the inlane. Now I can make the left ramp from a trap but can't backhand the right ramp. I think this is the intended design, so I'm leaving it for now.

#16287 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm trying to update from the April code to the May code, and I'm getting this error. I have the usb formatted correctly...it's the same one I used last time. I tried multiple times. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Quoted from Bingovit:

I’m having the same issue after trying to upload the august game code

What was the solution for you guys? Made the mistake of trying to update to the August code today (forgot I hadn't done that yet) and I'm having a horrible time, tried multiple flash drives (including the one I used for the May update when I first got the game) and no luck. Boots into the update screen, tells me it's finished (very quickly), and then just gives me the "update required". Tried going back to May code with no success. Worth noting my May update had absolutely zero issues the first time around... I'm using FAT32 formatted usb 2.0 flash drives with nothing on them other than the .pkg

edit: 3rd (essentially identical) flash drive was the charm. No notable difference from this to the other two, I'll take the win but wtf??

#16288 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

What was the solution for you guys? Made the mistake of trying to update to the August code today (forgot I hadn't done that yet) and I'm having a horrible time, tried multiple flash drives (including the one I used for the May update when I first got the game) and no luck. Boots into the update screen, tells me it's finished (very quickly), and then just gives me the "update required". Tried going back to May code with no success. Worth noting my May update had absolutely zero issues the first time around... I'm using FAT32 formatted usb 2.0 flash drives with nothing on them other than the .pkg
Really disappointing as I was planning on bringing the game over to a buddy's place for a Halloween party in a few hours. May run to the store and try a buy a 3.0 flash drive but this feels a bit ridiculous. Would really appreciate any help.

I went from the May code to the August code from here: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/ and didn't have any issues updating the week it came out.

Not sure if this helps, but here is how I do it:

- SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB drive. I always do a full format before updating.
- I always rename the file rm-gamecode.pkg and I always remove the date. Not sure if it matters, but it has worked for me each update so far so I am just being consistent.

#16289 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I went from the May code to the August code from here: https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/ and didn't have any issues updating the week it came out.
Not sure if this helps, but here is how I do it:
- SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB drive. I always do a full format before updating.
- I always rename the file rm-gamecode.pkg and I always remove the date. Not sure if it matters, but it has worked for me each update so far so I am just being consistent.

Thank you for the quick reply, I somehow got it to work just by repeating everything on a different (essentially identical) flash drive. Will make sure to grab a bigger 3.0 drive in the future to dedicate to updates.

And I think I'll refrain from updating games the day of an event in the future

#16290 2 years ago

Saw mention of needing to run the update multiple times depending on which revision starting, so maybe it was just a matter of repeating it.

#16291 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Did you get the new flipper bushings from Spooky? That made a big difference for me.

They are on their way. What do they do that the originals do not?
Also, would anyone know why my side flipper kicks out a little when the ball ejects out into the shooter lane, or up the shooter lane?

#16292 2 years ago
image0 (4).jpegimage0 (4).jpeg
#16293 2 years ago

When you make the right orbit shot and it comes down the spinner lane instead of the garage, where is it supposed to end up hitting on the game?

#16294 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

When you make the right orbit shot and it comes down the spinner lane instead of the garage, where is it supposed to end up hitting on the game?

All bets are off if you short stroke the right orbit. On the other hand, make sure the ball isn’t bouncing off the bolts of the diverter hidden behind the house.

#16295 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

but RM still takes it for me. Look forward to picking one up

Grab one quickly. Now that they are out of production they will start becoming less and less available over the coming months. The very end of the production is the highest level of availability as many NIB buyers move to the next new and shiny thing.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think Spooky has several new modes in the bag, but are running into licensing review issues. We may or may not see them.

Yea, I thought they had plans for a wizard mode of some kind. R&M is one of the best coded games of all time already. I hope Ultraman gets close to it.

#16296 2 years ago

I think Spooky has several new modes in the bag, but are running into licensing review issues. We may or may not see them.

What are you basing this on?

#16297 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I thought they had plans for a wizard mode of some kind.

I actually think I figured out what is was supposed to be. In some podcast/interview awhile back Charlie mentioned that they had a plan for a mode that Cartoon Network shot down because they said it didn't fit the story and was too unbelievable. He then went on to mention that Rick turned himself into a Pickle and somehow that was considered believable. (Not an exact quote lol)

I swear one of the trailers had the audio of Rick saying "I turned myself into a pinball machine Morty Im Pinball Rick!" but of course I cant find it now.. In my mind that matched up to un-used audio, but again I cant find it so maybe it never happened.

Long story short I think the wizard mode was supposed to be Rick becoming the Pinball machine. Maybe eyeballs take over the screen. The shaker goes off when he tries to bounce around. Who know.

I'm probably completely wrong lol but still fun to speculate.

#16298 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:What are you basing this on?

In reference to, "I think Spooky has several new modes in the bag, but are running into licensing review issues. We may or may not see them." it is 100% speculation. Pinball is a weird animal when it comes to licensing. Usually licensing approval is a one and done thing. They are talking about coming to the licensor year(s) after the game is released and asking permission to use more/different clips in different ways. They can't say, "we're good and have stuff ready but Disney/Cartoon Network won't let us use it" or something along those lines as it would ruin their ability for future licensing opportunities with other companies. I think Spooky has a few new modes up their sleeve but are waiting for a good time to get approval to release them. Maybe they are saving a few up to bug the licensor less. Maybe the licensor said they would look at them for $50,000. I don't know. There were several comments early from Spooky about getting permission to reveal things like the playfield, and the programmer has been dodgy about announcing if modes are done for sure or not. I have my fingers crossed.

#16299 2 years ago

Pretty sure Eric stated in here that Potion #9 was considered the wizard mode and he had no plans to make additional ones. I could be remembering that wrong though...maybe that was after AS crushed their creative dreams.

#16300 2 years ago

In reference to, "I think Spooky has several new modes in the bag, but are running into licensing review issues. We may or may not see them." it is 100% speculation. Pinball is a weird animal when it comes to licensing. Usually licensing approval is a one and done thing. They are talking about coming to the licensor year(s) after the game is released and asking permission to use more/different clips in different ways. They can't say, "we're good and have stuff ready but Disney/Cartoon Network won't let us use it" or something along those lines as it would ruin their ability for future licensing opportunities with other companies. I think Spooky has a few new modes up their sleeve but are waiting for a good time to get approval to release them. Maybe they are saving a few up to bug the licensor less. Maybe the licensor said they would look at them for $50,000. I don't know. There were several comments early from Spooky about getting permission to reveal things like the playfield, and the programmer has been dodgy about announcing if modes are done for sure or not. I have my fingers crossed.

Ok… I thought maybe you’d heard something definitive. Given Spooky’s small size, I’d assume we aren’t going to see anything major. But, could be wrong.

They have their hands full at the moment… no end in sight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/326?hl=pinball-obsessed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.